Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. (26082 Views)

Michael Ikenga:Youths Protest In Owerri Over Unlawful Detention Of Saraki's Aide / Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by ayindejimmy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: El-rufai at that point in time was a threat and is still a one to national security,forget his fundamentals,he sold that while pandering to the whims of national treason,felony and misdeamanour....What happened in1986 will be child's play compared to what will happen if the SSS don't appeal.
too bad this's nt the military era when justice and human rights were beheaded in the market of tyrancy. U cant jus wave someone's right aside on sentimental affiliatns. Thank God 4 d Long Arm of the Law

5 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
now we gat da janjas weedin' even in da hallowed courts..

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
Rexxie: now we gat da janjas weedin' even in da hallowed courts..

OK....you want to go back to the good old days of ''Indefinite detention''

Sorry....but having lived through that era...no thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by FlyboyZee: 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
donphilopus: I expect those guys who were celebrating his arrest the other day to start babbling on this thread, that's if they've not died of heart attack merely viewing the headline. Most of them would soon invade this thread telling us how they saw El-rufai giving a bribe to the judge to rule in favour of him.

People who attend Jonathanian school of thought are very daft, clueless, useless and foolish, to say the least. Pathetic souls.

Meanwhile, those people who celebrated/justified El-rufai's arrest in Anambra were also the same people who said there was nothing wrong in Sen. Andy Uba's younger brother travelling to Ekiti for the Governorship Election. Hypocrites!
The SSS would not pay El Rufai a dime. I repeat the SSS would not pay El Rufai a Kobo. Its an issue of national security, for which El Rufai's fundamental right don't apply. Mr El Rufai/APC advocate & defender. This is a lop sided judgement, No be who first report matter dey always win case o! How far with the SLS judgements? The SSS would appeal the ruling and then put up a defence that would shut that smelly midget up, once and forever. How I hate his dwarfish assssss!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
ayindejimmy:
too bad this's nt the military era when justice and human rights were beheaded in the market of tyrancy. U cant jus wave someone's right aside on sentimental affiliatns. Thank God 4 d Long Arm of the Law
Sentimentality has nothing to do with this.…Is it until deaths occur do we begin to pay attention to his treasonable activities?..Nigeria isn't more democratic than the PRC...over there the likes of flabbermouthed El-rufai would have spent years in detention with hard labour and 'idealogical re-orientation'..In my book,the law has just become an **s.

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
bushdoc9919:

OK....you want to go back to the good old days of ''Indefinite detention''

Sorry....but having lived through that era...no thanks.
who gives a damm 'bout that as long as those creeps n jackarsse janjaweieds ai shabaabs are put in check...

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Rexxie:
who gives a damm 'bout that as long as those creeps n jackarsse janjaweieds ai shabaabs are put in check...

OK....but when it becomes commonplace....beware the backdraft.

As for me...human rights and due process for all, even my enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by ayindejimmy(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: Sentimentality has nothing to do with this.…Is it until deaths occur do we begin to pay attention to his treasonable activities?..Nigeria isn't more democratic than the PRC...over there the likes of flabbermouthed El-rufai would have spent years in detention with hard labour and 'idealogical re-orientation'..In my book,the law has just become an **s.
but come to think of it. Freedom of speech (expressin ur opinion) is also a fumdamental right. Plz, i beg to be enlightend. What as Rufai's comments got to do wit treason? Cos i see treason as an attempt to overthrow a legal govt

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by arresa: 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: This is a gaffe from the Judiciary...the SSS isn't the police and hence are not bound by the same laws like the military...don't these senile court folks understand the full weight of The Patriot ACT in the Constitution?..

The Patriot ACT in the Nigerian constitution? Are we in Nigeria or America?

Have you read your own country's constitution to start with?

lmao. abeg this is not comedy hour...

4 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
bushdoc9919:

OK....but when it becomes commonplace....beware the backdraft.

As for me...human rights and due process for all, even my enemies.
this ain a matter of human rights but a case of security,national n local security.some loose arsses capable of spreading da j'weed doctrine mustnt be allowed to roam free,must be checked certain times n thats da job of da sss

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Bigsteveg(m): 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
odepacy: In wot ground?

Actually, it's ON what ground not IN.
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by chinex276(m): 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
Naija i hail ooo... Go 2 kirikiri or kuje nd see ova a thousand pple unlawfuly detained, or detained without trial.
Naija i still dey hail ooo... #Be rich nd get things moving 4 u, be poor nd suffer# dats 9jas mentality.

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by JEITO: 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
jibbish: let the President charge him for defamtory remarks nau, or are u a SAN,y nt charge on behalf of d President and see urself awarded wif Disgrace
jibberish not jibbish
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
ayindejimmy:
but come to think of it. Freedom of speech (expressin ur opinion) is also a fumdamental right. Plz, i beg to be enlightend. What as Rufai's comments got to do wit treason? Cos i see treason as an attempt to overthrow a legal govt
Yes, an incitement to rebellion via boko haram and the general overthrow of a legal govt is an expression of free speech...

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by arresa: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: Yes, an incitement to rebellion via boko haram and the general overthrow of a legal govt is an expression of free speech...

You mind telling us what statement he made that was treasonable and rebellious and necessitated his detention?

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
Rexxie:
this ain a matter of human rights but a case of security,national n local security.some loose arsses capable of spreading da j'weed doctrine mustnt be allowed to roam free,must be checked certain times n thats da job of da sss

OK....you have proof that El Rufai is in cahoots with Boko Haram....am sure you should visit the State Security Service and present your evidence.

No hearsay please.

I am not much of a fan of El rufai(I liked his clean up job in Abuja though)....but I would rather give him the benefit of the law.

I leave you with this quote from the film ''A man for all seasons''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUqytjlHNIM

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa:

The Patriot ACT in the Nigerian constitution? Are we in Nigeria or America?

Have you read your own country's constitution to start with?

lmao. abeg this is not comedy hour...
The Constitution is the constitution,whatever is in constitution is the constitution..We don't want a case of 1986 repeating itself..
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa:

You mind telling us what statement he made that was treasonable and rebellious and necessitated his detention?
Before we do that,do you mind telling us why he is considered vitriolic,distasteful and spiteful that most folks even neutrals hate his guts?

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Dbboy(m): 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Even though I love the fact that rufai was detained, I for one love this judgement as it should go a long way to tell these busy body governor that restricting people movement due to sanitation and election violate our constitutional right
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Toktee(m): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
otijah: I laugh when they say APC is going to rule this nation. SSS oya una don see as be, pay am d money so he can settle them judges
Ur case is beyond redemption,who told you that el rufai is a poor man like u?
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Toktee(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
T4taiwo: I know some peoples will not be comfortable with this........judgement of the year.
people like otijah.
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by FlyboyZee: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
ayindejimmy:
Tell El Rufai to go say those things he said about GEJ and Nigeria in China about their President or PM and the Chinese Govt., then you would understand what treason means.
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by cjrane: 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
[size=18pt]The SSS should immediately appeal this crazy judgement.
A law abiding citizen can be detained for between 24-48 hours if the Police believe there may be cause for that, and released if no charges are filed.
El rufai is not above other Nigerians living under this law. Which as the FCT minister he frequently used. He should therefore not be treated any differently because his name is elrufai.
Otherwise, pay every Nigerian ever detained by Police his N2 million naira![/size]
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by sweetgala(m): 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
FlyboyZee: The SSS would not pay El Rufai a dime. I repeat the SSS would not pay El Rufai a Kobo. Its an issue of national security, for which El Rufai's fundamental right don't apply. Mr El Rufai/APC advocate & defender. This is a lop sided judgement, No be who first report matter dey always win case o! How far with the SLS judgements? The SSS would appeal the ruling and then put up a defence that would shut that smelly midget up, once and forever. How I hate his dwarfish assssss!!!!

Even if adequate rational was presented to you , you would still cry wolf.
Your is a case of a dullard who claims he is right. The king of fools how would you like your crown !

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by arresa: 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: Before we do that,do you mind telling us why he is considered vitriolic,distasteful and spiteful that most folks even neutrals hate his guts?

People get detained and arrested because they broke the law, not because you like or don't like them.

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by lakesider(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
this forum is full of pdp and apc e-rat .they defend glaring evil.i want you to know u cant continue to be in their payroll forever .i am sure the spill over of all this evil u support on nairaland affect you.plz lets be objective ,evil has no two names,good has no two name.lets reject evil anf support good deed irrespective of who our paymaster is.pdp nd apc will die somday, but nigeria will remain
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by ayindejimmy(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
FlyboyZee: Tell El Rufai to go say those things he said about GEJ and Nigeria in China about their President or PM and the Chinese Govt., then you would understand what treason means.
I'm sure u said this cos u dnt knw China is a Communist state. The best comparison is 4 him to go say it in the U.S
Dnt we hear worst abt Obama frm MacDonald?
Do u see Obama infringin anyone's rite?

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa:

People get detained and arrested because they broke the law, not because you like or don't like them.
Yes and inaddition to that, treasonable wannabe felons like rufai should be locked up and keys thrown 'way...
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by arresa: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: Yes and inaddition to that, treasonable wannabe felons like rufai should be locked up and keys thrown 'way...

In addition to what?

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by akpanikpe(m): 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
nagoma:

You mean detention?
Nagoma thanks for omitting the other T.
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by arresa: 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
@ Topic.

You get a very lawless and corrupt society when the people in charge and the folks you charged to enforce the law are not only very lawless, but also have zero knowledge about the constitution.

Freedom of movement and association is like the A-B-C AND 1-2-3 of our constitution so it's very sad and disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa:

In addition to what?

**Oh no you dont** Aside from folks hating his guts,do you mind regaling us why El-rufai is considered no-nonsense,vitriolic,inciteful and spiteful?..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bibitayo Mimiko Weds Aderemi Adetola (Photos) / Stay Off Edo Election, HURIWA Warns Buhari / Let The Truth Be Told Before It Is Too Late - EK Clark's Letter To Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.