Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? (6862 Views)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? / Shocking Discovery About NIV Bible. (a Must-read For True Believers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
Wow FIVE good versions of the Bible,you can't find Matthew 17:21 there.

New International Version- missing

New Living Translation- missing

English Standard Version- missing

English Revised Version- missing

Gods word translation- missing

There is something very fishy here why did the various Bible versions remove that verse Matthew 17:21 from the Bible and other versions still retain it. Even the Bible versions that retain it,there are not coherent about whether "fasting" should be included or not. Confusion everywhere.

Some say Matthew 17:21 was added to the Bible by KJV and NIV was honest enough to remove it because It's not in the original manuscript.

Chaii Which one are the masses going to believe now? Are the Christian association playing politics with the Bible? Which other verses do we not know that has been added or even removed. Is the Bible you all are holding still authentic.

Theologians over to you.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Even Matthew 18:11
Matthew 23:14
Mark 7:16
Mark 9:44&46
Mark 11:16
Mark 15:28
Luke 17:36
Luke 23:17
John 5:4
Acts 8:37
Acts 15:34
Acts 24:7
Acts 28:29
Romans 16:24
1john 5:7

Sixteen good verses has been removed by NIV!!! Who claimed those verses aren't in the original manuscript. Wow I can smell politics here. What's happening? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by economia: 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ctrl x
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by paul288yahoo(m): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
it will shock you to know DAT the writers of NIV were gays ...NIV is distorted it promotes lordship salvation .....it is advisable to get KJV.....
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
people using d niv bible are using incomplete bible.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
paul288yahoo: it will shock you to know DAT the writers of NIV were gays ...NIV is distorted it promotes lordship salvation .....it is advisable to get KJV.....
What do you mean by lordship salvation, how do you know They are gay?
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by paul288yahoo(m): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dapo777:
What do you mean by lordship salvation, how do you know They are gay?
bro do a quick research on the NIV bible
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
paul288yahoo: bro do a quick research on the NIV bible
Wow So all these while we have been told to do good So as to make heaven are Nothing But indoctrination.

I used to think by keeping yourself holy and consciously refusing to sin,one would be saved,So I have been deceiving myself? So just one thing is needed for me to make heaven Which is to believe that Christ died to take away my sins and believing in Christ salvation is enough to be saved. Wow!!!!

I keep learning new things everyday.

1 Like

Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by paul288yahoo(m): 10:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dapo777:
Wow So all these while we have been told to do good So as to make heaven are Nothing But indoctrination.

I used to think by keeping yourself holy and consciously refusing to sin,one would be saved,So I have been deceiving myself? So just one thing is needed for me to make heaven Which is to believe that Christ died to take away my sins and believing in Christ salvation is enough to be saved. Wow!!!!

gbam.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by honeychild(f): 8:27am On Sep 30, 2014
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. - 1 Cor 6: 9,19 KJV

Dapo777:

Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
honeychild: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. - 1 Cor 6: 9,19 KJV

So to u making heaven is by my own effort of remaining sinless and no longer Through the grace of Christ? undecided
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by twosquare(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dapo777:

So to u making heaven is by my own effort of remaining sinless and no longer Through the grace of Christ? undecided
first understand the grace of Christ...Grace is more than free gift...it is also an energy of Life.

Effort which is needed on your part is responding to the Spirit and obedience...no one is saying u are not saved by grace(it is the gift of God); salvation is in levels and how shall we all escape if we neglect so great a salvation that is being unveiled to us and keep saying, "we are save by grace." Faith without work is dead.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by honeychild(f): 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dapo777:

You for ask Apostle Paul na . Abi is that bible verse not in your Bible?
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dapo777:

no you are wrong. Before hit ur hand on ur chest and say I am saved u must firstly acknowledge u are a sinner, u repent from sin confess those sins I mean all, ask 4 forgiveness , forsake that is vow nt to do them again and then u finally u believe u have been saved then the spirit of God will bear witteness withthat u are saved.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
twosquare: first understand the grace of Christ...Grace is more than free gift...it is also an energy of Life.

Effort which is needed on your part is responding to the Spirit and obedience...no one is saying u are not saved by grace(it is the gift of God); salvation is in levels and how shall we all escape if we neglect so great a salvation that is being unveiled to us and keep saying, "we are save by grace." Faith without work is dead.

What Bible verse is that ?
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 01, 2014
honeychild:

You for ask Apostle Paul na . Abi is that bible verse not in your Bible?

So you don't understand the Bible verse u quoted? cheesy
I thought as much.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 01, 2014
eesy:
no you are wrong. Before hit ur hand on ur chest and say I am saved u must firstly acknowledge u are a sinner, u repent from sin confess those sins I mean all, ask 4 forgiveness , forsake that is vow nt to do them again and then u finally u believe u have been saved then the spirit of God will bear witteness withthat u are saved.

Then I can also beat my chest and say "I contributed to my salvation by not going back to my sins" and feel highly of myself. cheesy

That's the problem with lordship salvation. It would make me feel responsible for my salvation and wonder why Christ died for my sins anyways Since my own personal effort is required. wink
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by honeychild(f): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:

So you don't understand the Bible verse u quoted? cheesy
I thought as much.

I don't need to explain it to you. It's written in plain English
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 01, 2014
honeychild:

I don't need to explain it to you. It's written in plain English

Ephesians 2:8-9 read that over and over to understand that lordship salvation completely destroys the core of the Gospel;
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Now tell me how do you contribute to your salvation? undecided undecided
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by honeychild(f): 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:

Ephesians 2:8-9 read that over and over to understand that lordship salvation completely destroys the core of the Gospel;
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Now tell me how do you contribute to your salvation? undecided undecided

Romans 6:1 -
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rome 6:12-15

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
honeychild:

Romans 6:1 -
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rome 6:12-15

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Am not surprised Since It's coming from the Bible full of contradictions.

You can see the contradiction between the verse I gave you to the one you gave me?

I give up. I no Dey read Bible again! angry cheesy
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by honeychild(f): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:

Am not surprised Since It's coming from the Bible full of contradictions.

You can see the contradiction between the verse I gave you to the one you gave me?

I give up. I no Dey read Bible again! angry cheesy

So you don't really believe in the Bible? You were just looking for an excuse to live a life of licentiousness? No need to bother yourself looking in the Bible for excuses. Just do as you please. No one will arrest you. No need to search through the scriptures looking for confirmation.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
honeychild:

So you don't really believe in the Bible? You were just looking for an excuse to live a life of licentiousness? No need to bother yourself looking in the Bible for excuses. Just do as you please. No one will arrest you. No need to search through the scriptures looking for confirmation.

Why would I believe a book full of contradictions? Like the one we both discovered just now. Or do u need obvious contradictions like
Proverbs 26:4-5: Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Is that not a contradiction? After reading that What would be your conclusion? To answer a fool or not?

1 Like

Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by iceblade7755: 12:41am On Jul 12, 2015
Dapo777:

Why would I believe a book full of contradictions? Like the one we both discovered just now. Or do u need obvious contradictions like
Proverbs 26:4-5: Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Is that not a contradiction? After reading that What would be your conclusion? To answer a fool or not?

In my book it says:

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

5 Answer a fool as his folly 'deserves', that he not be wise in his own eye.

It not saying to not answer a fool, it saying not to answer a fool according to 'his' foolishness, but to answer the fool as his foolishness deserves.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2015
I love reading through scripture and the truth is some of the bibles we have out there have diluted the meaning of most of it. Especially the newer versions. What is happening is just demonic. I prefer older versions and those offering direct translations. They have more depth. I also read the books that were not included but have credence in places like the Ethiopia orthodox church. Like the book of Enock. My favourite.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2015
iceblade7755:

In my book it says:

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

5 Answer a fool as his folly 'deserves', that he not be wise in his own eye.

It not saying to not answer a fool, it saying not to answer a fool according to 'his' foolishness, but to answer the fool as his foolishness deserves.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by iceblade7755: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by iceblade7755: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
muafrika:
I love reading through scripture and the truth is some of the bibles we have out there have diluted the meaning of most of it. Especially the newer versions. What is happening is just demonic. I prefer older versions and those offering direct translations. They have more depth. I also read the books that were not included but have credence in places like the Ethiopia orthodox church. Like the book of Enock. My favourite.

If you like reading the oldest version check this one out:

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.aspx?book=34

It's the oldest bible put online and translated into English, some of it were not able to translate like the book of Genesis but most of the New Testament are translated into English it shows you the original copy on the side, then it shows it In greek on the right side, then in English under the greek section, this bible is 1,600 years old, probably the oldest you will get next to the Dead Sea scrolls, but apparently it seems like no one really knows what the Dead Sea scrolls say.
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
iceblade7755:

If you like reading the oldest version check this one out:

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.aspx?book=34

It's the oldest bible put online and translated into English, some of it were not able to translate like the book of Genesis but most of the New Testament are translated into English it shows you the original copy on the side, then it shows it In greek on the right side, then in English under the greek section, this bible is 1,600 years old, probably the oldest you will get next to the Dead Sea scrolls, but apparently it seems like no one really knows what the Dead Sea scrolls say.
Appreciated. That will be keeping me busy for sometime.

1 Like

Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by iceblade7755: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
muafrika:

Appreciated. That will be keeping me busy for sometime.

Cool Cool smiley
Re: Why are these 16 verses removed from NIV Bible? by charlsecy(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dapo777:
Theologians over to you.

First, let me say I got these verses from NIV you presented as "inadequate," so to say:

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 4:15 New International Version (NIV)

If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.

Done!

Now, the only concrete position that could empower you to make veritable comments about the status of the translation is for you to learn Hebrew, Greek and other applicable ancient languages. Then gather all Greek and Hebrew manuscripts of the Bible, study them and make prayerfully make an analysis in the light of textual criticism.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ABOVE MENTIONED TOOLS, THEN YOU CANNOT MAKE AN OBJECTIVE COMMENT ON NIV TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE. You cannot appraise NIV based on other modern-day translations. And it seems THOSE "MISSING" TEXTS TOU HIGHLIGHTED ARE ARE DISCUSSED IN THE FOOTNOTES (verify this) by the translators. So, what is the problem? The translators might have omitted those verses because they believed there WERE NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT.

There are some passages of the Bible that are subject of argument. Read 1 John 5:7 from as many different translations as possible and tell me what you see. Some believe that King James Version contained verses which were not in the original manuscripts, but these verses were later dropped in subsequent editions of KJV.

There are problems of translation, language inadequacy, loss or effacement of manuscripts, and so forth. All these factors could affect the perfection of Biblical translations.

However, I believe this does not in any way negate the validity and inerrancy of the Bible as a whole. The central Biblical message for Christians remains unchanged across ALL Bible translations including NIV, which is: JESUS DIED FOR OUR SALVATION, AND WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN HIM FOR ETERNAL LIFE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can One Buy Church Pulpit In Lagos? / EXPOSED! How Satan, Demons, Witches And Pastors Are Destroying Lives! / Giving Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.