Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

What's Wrong With DSTV? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Wrong With DSTV? (26802 Views)

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? / What's With Dstv's Censoring? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by gbaskiboy: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by seapson(m): 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ok
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Slymonster(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
i thought i was the only one who notice such rubbish today...and the channel changing by itself all of a sudden is annoying
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by kinggsammy: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
HOW I GO TAKE POST TOPIC
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by emcaluv(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
The same issue here in Uyo. It's really annoying.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by spanzed(m): 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
OP thanks for raising dis thread I was so annoyed yesternyt when I was watching my favourite TV program Y'day and it Re-scanned..1st one happened I thought it was a mistake..after scanning just a few second later it hooked again and wanted to re-scan...I just vex off TV go sleep...they are having software problem I sopox

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by rosette08: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Yep,its same here undecided
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by jiddodo: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
toureman: Upgrade ur soft ware

We did
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by chukkystar(m): 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Its from d cable at d back of ur Decoder.. Just try and touch d cable
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by amanze15(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
winkChannel 135 since morning #teamdstvaccess #1500 #BET
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Orikinla(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Don't panic.
It happens sometimes.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
the question goes to dstv user and not nta and because free subscriber like me ...where the money to buy antenna dey self not to talk of dstv. my sister wan tell my papa make e buy dstv """""papa all our neighbour don buy js3 for their piken na only us remain""""" papa say this nursery 2 wey u dey watch Neva do u ehn

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
steffans: since morning my decoder hasnt come on..
it seems its about to scan but just goes off...
my kids keep staring at d black TV hoping cartoons will come up.. Lol

I confirmed same in 3 different houses.. the same problem..

who else is going thru d same..

too bad for ur kids. I can only imagine wat they are going through...lol(lack of cartoons)

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by openmine(m): 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
same with mine...just reboots itself...i find dat odd...just hoping it gets rectified cos its getting really annoying angry
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Pennywise(m): 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Seun: Wow, so you actually changed the weather to disrupt their satellite signals. How did you achieve this?

Let them speak for themselves or do you have their mandate to defend them now on NL? You are being presumptious. We dont know if it is the weather.

DSTV has no real competition in Nigeria and they know it. They may be trying to save cost in routine maintenance while rendering crap service knowing fully well Nigerians will always subscribe to DSTV

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
ok
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by emmysoftyou: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
this is the problem of one soup everytime,nxt time,try buy star time as alternative,or na only mtn u dey use? Wen we get other alternative,eeh undecided then u nva start to complain na.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Odinaka00(m): 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Even in mozambique here sef.....same thing
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
same tin I experienced yesterday. touched d lnb in cable at d back of d decoder. it started scanning n came on. today its doing d same tin.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Seun: Perhaps the heavy clouds in the sky are blocking the satellite signals?

Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn grin
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by mrofficial(m): 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
steffans: since morning my decoder hasnt come on..
it seems its about to scan but just goes off...
my kids keep staring at d black TV hoping cartoons will come up.. Lol

I confirmed same in 3 different houses.. the same problem..

who else is going thru d same..

Thought it was my Decoder that was beginning to develop fault when it's started doing that in the midnight. Now I know better.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by salvatore007(m): 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mine did lyk dat buh i upgraded it nd itz ok, stil hangs tho buh jus 4sum minutes
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
Seun: Perhaps the heavy clouds in the sky are blocking the satellite signals?
undecided...that might not really be the case. Maybe steffans should trynna adjust the knob at the back of the decoder when its turned on. What he should try is remove the cord and connect it to the next port. When it tries to pick signal from that port, remove it again and connect it to the original port. Make sure the knob of the cord is also tightly connected to the port. That's what I do and it works always. Hope that helps.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
I spoke to their contact centre yesterday. The lady just discharged me stating that they (DSTV) are experiencing technical issues.
Anyway, I might sue for reimbursement of the days I was unable to view my favorite channels. I subscribe monthly averaging N5k or N170 per day. What this mean is that if this experience continues, I shall charge them accordingly. As of today, it has tallied 5 days (hoping it does not run along the BBOG countdown), if it continues, I might be forced to subscribe to TVC's XXXXXSAT.

Since this government has not been able to enact any laws forcing private service providers to treat their customers right, I shall not hesitate to do the needful.

Does DSTV have a corporate communication department sef? What does it cost to broadcast the challenges on air, so that we can bear with them. If it were to send messages to renew subscription, they would send five days notice mail to our decoder, blocking the top left part of the television screen. grin

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by dan55: 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
ask me again
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by mandai01(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Yesterday night, my wife had some stuff in the oven so we were awake till mid night. We thought we would keep ourselves awake with some tv programmes but our dstv decoder successful forced us to sleep while we had to set alarm to check what we had in the oven.

The decoder kept going off, scanning and acting all manners of drama. I even thought it was the decoder that was faulty. After choosing to be a good guy by not buying other ones.... See how they rewarded me. It was even at the point of climax in a movie that the rubbish started. Anyway, today has been fair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Bezed(m): 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
I am in uyo and the case here is slightly different, what it does is showing for about 15 minutes, then hangs for a while and restarts... this keeps repeating itself
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by kabba7(m): 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cheats too are refusing to co operate MTN sims are better .. Me no worry sha Ghana stations are on free on air !
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
I thought my decoder was faulty! My case has nothing to do with bad weather, I'm in PH and it's actually sunny. The decoder trips off at any point during the scan.....and when it does come on, eventually, the picture freezes suddenly and the decoder trips off again.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Pennywise(m): 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Orikinla: Don't panic.
It happens sometimes.

At N11,800/mth? I beg your pardon?

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by mhmsadyq(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Probably its a network problem from your area server

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tuface Idibia Acts In Professor Johnbull Episode (Video) / Meet The Housemates And Profile Of Royalty Reality TV Show Season 3 / Name Five Of Your Best Netflix Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.