Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

What's Wrong With DSTV? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Wrong With DSTV? (26792 Views)

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? / What's With Dstv's Censoring? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard (2) (3) (4)

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Jfrezzy(m): 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Same happen to me too!but I got problem with the choice of champion league matches,why not show Us English clubs game,why show us what we don't watch,too many old movies ,pls they should buy new movies,we pay our bills,so they should do the same too.
So even while we still searching and hoping 4 a job,we should be able to watch something Good .

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by tonididdy(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
Seun: Perhaps the heavy clouds in the sky are blocking the satellite signals?

lol stick to counting your NL traffic...

haha the weather has nothing to do with a decoder tripping on and off...Dstv is undergoing upgrades..If it where weather, it would be boldly written on your screen.

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by tonididdy(m): 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
mikron: same here. i live in abuja. they need to upgrade their softwares and equipment o. or maybe they should compensate us with 2 weeks free subscription
u wish LOL

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
And I was thinking my decoder had issues.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by shomutuski(m): 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
I have someone working in dstv office, he told me that. The constant reboot of decoder or disruption of service is a plot from them to frustrate those that use illegal means of viewing channels on Dstv instead of subscribing. For fact when u on ur decoder for d first time, it will load from 1 to 26 buh after viewing for about 40minutes they will automatically reboot it their self and then the dish won't load normally, it loads fast from 1 to 22... I don't know why they have resorted to this cheap means. Using that to disturb our own enjoyement

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by shomutuski(m): 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
I tell u all south african companies in nigeria makes abnormal profits every year. The likes of MTN and DSTV included. Yet they can deliver good viewing services. In S.A you pay for what you watch not subscribing.

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by whitenight2012: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
Reset to Factory default settings, unplug power cord for few mins and then plug back to power.

You may still experience the rebooting thing but it won't be that bad again.

Factory Reset it again if it's still misbehaving till the head correct.

Worked for me.

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by ENDTIMES: 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
I stay at Gworza, my worry is how to survive the next night. cry
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Oringo1: 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
;DEnjoying my CTL with no reboot issue ..... grin

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by shomutuski(m): 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
All I can say is for u to upgrade the software of ur decoder only... Shikena.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Babalakin(m): 12:23am On Oct 02, 2014
Pennywise:

At N11,800/mth? I beg your pardon?
sire,I hail..please can I link my dstv mobile to bouquet. ..
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Babosa: 2:47am On Oct 02, 2014
DSTV HAVE SERIOUS SOFTWARE PROBLEMS. WE SHOULD ESCALATE THIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA UNTIL THE REGULATORY AUTHORITIES DO SOEMTHING. THAT IS WHAT YOU GET WITH A VIRTUAL MONOPOLY. MOVE OVER TO STARTIMES I HAVE DONE SO. ITS NOT BAD FEWER CHANNELS BUT NO SCANNING PROBLEM OR DISRUPTION WHEN IT RAINS.

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by chukkystar(m): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2014
Germeeu: which kind engineer u b, like 20 dey complain say dere DstV get prb.
I dey work for DSTV? I offered uo solution, if it doesn't work then its nt my P
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by guass(m): 9:20am On Oct 02, 2014
Babosa: DSTV HAVE SERIOUS SOFTWARE PROBLEMS. WE SHOULD ESCALATE THIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA UNTIL THE REGULATORY AUTHORITIES DO SOEMTHING. THAT IS WHAT YOU GET WITH A VIRTUAL MONOPOLY. MOVE OVER TO STARTIMES I HAVE DONE SO. ITS NOT BAD FEWER CHANNELS BUT NO SCANNING PROBLEM OR DISRUPTION WHEN IT RAINS.
U are 120 percent right.People should go for free to air decoders like QSAT,ESAT or startimes and start enjoying their self.

Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by DerMeister: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
masterpower: We are resposible for that. We are working on revoking DSTV liscense in Nigeria because its a south african company.

The seized our $9.3M, they will pay will their investments here.

Did you learn to be stupid or where you born stupid?
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by tomiobj(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
steffans: since morning my decoder hasnt come on..
it seems its about to scan but just goes off...
my kids keep staring at d black TV hoping cartoons will come up.. Lol

I confirmed same in 3 different houses.. the same problem..

who else is going thru d same..
truth-dstv is crap. All the shows r outdated and d xpora is lyk 40k in s.a but over 100 k here. Because they r d only cable service in nigeria. They decide to make us their bitch.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Op maybe ur decoder is a regular one , I use an explora
& its working wellll
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 03, 2014
DerMeister:

Did you learn to be stupid or where you born stupid?
I'm not. I have nothing to say to an slowpoke LIKE YOU.
Re: What's Wrong With DSTV? by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 03, 2014
Seun: Wow, so you actually changed the weather to disrupt their satellite signals. How did you achieve this?
Through the new NIGERTECH CYBER SOLDIERS.

Meet The Housemates And Profile Of Royalty Reality TV Show Season 3 / BBNaija: Cee-C "Why I Always Fight And Talk In My Sleep" / BbNaija's Whitemoney: I Once Sold ‘Puff Puff’ At Yaba