Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Funny Things Only Nigerians Do - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny Things Only Nigerians Do (34240 Views)

10 Things Most Nigerians Do Not Know About Slavery / FACT: Only Nigerians Can Have Full Conversations With Just QUESTIONS. / Life Growing Up As A Kid In Nigeria:- Funny Things You Did, Lets Hear Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by shizzle11(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
TrishaP: I tried to figure out what's funny about all that. #StraightFace
If you don't find anything funny the post, then you need urgent deliverance, after which you replace that your straight face with a big smile
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by merits(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
smiley

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by publicenemy(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
agohmamuda: op pls permit me to have this on my blog. Tnks in advance.

next time send him a private message
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Raypawer(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
kobosmart: undecided smh another PDP messenger boy on the loose. It's a holiday aren't you going to take a break from work?

Guy go rest, we know say u be apc e-cockroach! na 1st Oct b tomorrow..
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by MORNDEW(m): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
kobosmart: undecided smh another PDP messenger boy on the loose. It's a holiday aren't you going to take a break from work?
must u show ur ignorance hw is wht he posted a pdp stuff.
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by yadnus1(m): 10:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
The phrase 'be like' is a lazy way of constructing sentences. lt is good to use the appropriate verbs while constructing our sebtences to make them more meaningful. Sentence such as "Nigerians be like..." is quite annoying but writing something such as "Nigerians reactions is like" is better and not hard to write.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by brothers(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
Eapps:
long post pretty meaningless though whats your point?

grin isn't his point obvious? "suffer suffer for world na your be that"-fela anikulapo kuti
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by lionduke(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
"Dbanj dey sell garri when e mates dey
win grammy"
that got me cracking.
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by golddeejay(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
Decryptor: 13. Nigerians change the power switch before switching on their gen sets which makes the power go straight to their appliances once the gen comes on and when that damages their appliances or the gen set itself, they begin to blame the witches in their village.

14. Nigerians are the only ones who press "eject" while trying to stop a disc playing on their DVD set rather than pressing "stop" then safely ejecting it.

15. Nigerians are the only ones who while talking to someone over the phone with a handset and the other person is not hearing them properly, they resort to speaking directly to the earpiece of the phone INSTEAD of the mouthpiece. undecided

More to come....
r u kidding me...what message r u tryin to pass wit ur list. It is soo offtrack
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Adebayolove(m): 11:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
Couldn't agree more with number 9 and 11
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
NA WETIN WEY DEY DEBATE FOR ONE THREAD LIKE THAT ... GOD BLESS YOU OP.
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by severee(m): 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
mrmagoo:

No leave him he’s one of those fake Nigerian patriots who expect everyone to live in denial like him

Dude I'm not blind of course I know nigeria isn't good its even worse when you've experienced more advanced and enlightened societies I guess my point is why don't we ignore the lil fish like political scandals and missing money but rather focus on the bigger picture like pushing the nation forward
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by forreelinc(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nigeria jaga jaga everything scatter scatter every country dey use clean yansh no talk can change it
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2014

Nigerians be like when you write something like the op and dey call u pdp messenger
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by mrmagoo(m): 11:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
severee:

Dude I'm not blind of course I know nigeria isn't good its even worse when you've experienced more advanced and enlightened societies I guess my point is why don't we ignore the lil fish like political scandals and missing money but rather focus on the bigger picture like pushing the nation forward

O really? So in other words we are supposed to appreciate this country where government has no respect for its citizens simply because dbanj makes koko garri o God I weep for this backward country
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by stanisbaratheon: 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
yea right
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by severee(m): 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
mrmagoo:
O really? So in other words we are supposed to appreciate this country where government has no respect for its citizens simply because dbanj makes koko garri o God I weep for this backward country

*sigh*gov’t doesn’t care about us one question why should gov’t care about you? yeah I know we are their responsibility but then again If I was johnathan or any president I wouldn’t give two f*cks about the Nigerian "common man", Nigerians go cross leg and be waiting on gov’t to bring heaven down to them when they can also contribute to change and development, ,Nigerians undermine any idea gov’t comes up with,they accuse the gov’t of lies and corruption but they worship the feet of men of God who are actually friends of these corrupt politicians,they lynch petty thieves in the market place but form bodyguard and PR for the same politicians they label as thieves later then at the end of the day them go line up to collect rice and that's it vote don sure, please which gov’t will happily claim those kind of people, if you want gov’t to care about you then make yourself worth caring about

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
RFella: A typical 9ja man will use a question to answer ur own question.....

A typical 9ja man will see u having breakfast and will still ask "bros, are u eating?"

A typical 9ja person will still count the money the atm ejects for him, cos they don't trust machines

A typical 9ja person nor fit carry last for abroad oh...at all at all, na draw match...

#proudly9ja
Lol, ur very funny oooo. True talk sha
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mutuwa: No be lie o! Na only for naija fairly used products good pass new one..

like say the fairly used no be new one before hahahahaha
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Omooba77: 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
severee: Fela sef talk am say "if you suffer for world na your fault be that” cheesy observe the mentality of a Nigerian

1. When a Nigerian buys a newspaper he goes through the first few pages which cover terrorist attacks,political mayhem and poverty but when he gets to the IPOs and business ads he rips the paper up and wipe his a*ss with it

2. Nigerians use their upfront salary to buy a car ,rent an expensive flat and get married then when money finish, they go Nigerian standard of living sucks

3. When it comes to mingling in Nigeria Yorubas hate igbos ,igbos hate yorubas while Hausas hate them both then later they give the suffer head speech to succeed in Nigeria its who you knowi

4. Nigerians prefer to rent a house while building another house rather buying a house on mortgage while building another then they wonder why real properties belong only to rich people

5. Nigerians be like I can only take nollywood seriously when their movies start becoming more creative and competitive then half of a yellow sun and October 1st come out and then Nigerians be like mtchew I go come watch Nigerian film for cinema when alaba dey there

6. Nigerians be like Nigerians consume more than they produce Nigeria cant move forward if we import more than we produce then MINDA phones come out and d’banj brings out koko garri and Nigerians be like yeah right like I will risk MINDA phone exploding in my ear and d’banj dey sell garri when e mates dey win grammy

7. Nigerians be like security in the country is very poor what is government doing bla bla but when security announcements or programmes are on tv they be like f*ck this sh*t I’m watching a telemundo

8.Nigerians grumble about how we suck at soccer but then when NPL is on Nigerians be like mtchew EPL wannabe I don’t watch such

9. Nigerians be like I’m tired of the hardship in this country and the solution is to forge account papers and travel papers ,get out of the country then go assume a dead persons identity or contract a bride to fool authorities into granting me citizenship,after all that they begin to wonder why the nation is so corrupt

10. Nigerians be like 70% of Nigerians live in poverty and deprivation how many people can boast of eating three square meals then NGOs/charity organizations come up and Nigerians be like tongue SCAM!

11. Nigerians complain of how dirty and disgusting Nigerian environment looks then they slam dunk a plastic bottle in the middle of the road then take a piss in a nearby gutter and sleep during sanitation days

12. World bank calls Nigerian economy the largest in Africa and Nigerians be like mtchew largest economy where the people survive on less than $5 a day bla bla then they wonder why foreigners(who took advantage of the opportunity) boss them around in their own country

Moral of the story: do your part and appreciate progress even though as you say they are mediocre, sometimes in life it’s the little things that pack the biggest punch.

Happy independence day

105% 105%...Good thought....
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by TosinAji: 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
severee:

*sigh*gov’t doesn’t care about us one question why should gov’t care about you? yeah I know we are their responsibility but then again If I was johnathan or any president I wouldn’t give two f*cks about the Nigerian "common man", Nigerians go cross leg and be waiting on gov’t to bring heaven down to them when they can also contribute to change and development, ,Nigerians undermine any idea gov’t comes up with,they accuse the gov’t of lies and corruption but they worship the feet of men of God who are actually friends of these corrupt politicians,they lynch petty thieves in the market place but form bodyguard and PR for the same politicians they label as thieves later then at the end of the day them go line up to collect rice and that's it vote don sure, please which gov’t will happily claim those kind of people, if you want gov’t to care about you them make yourself worth caring about
grin chineke! guy you brutal
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by ekenzo(m): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mutuwa: No be lie o! Na only for naija fairly used products good pass new one..
Loll. I Don laugh tire grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by lechiffre: 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
Honestly I don’t think corruption is nigeria’s problem America is the most corrupt developed nation yet e no dey show for body china is even worse its glaring you don’t even need to be in the country to know that it’s been run by one man and his family yet e no dey show for china man body it is not because of bad leadership afterall America survived a fine list of bad administrations and mistakes, its not becos we are superstitious/ religious afterall Saudi Arabia is a more religious nation and of course you know the way they are, the only plausible explanation as to why Nigeria isn’t developed is because Nigerians are careless, lazy and ignorant IMO so the op is on point here
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 01, 2014
no 1 & 5 #ThumbsUp
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by money121(m): 12:14am On Oct 01, 2014
grin

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by tokjohn: 12:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Watch those who became successful before it's too late!

Please Like and Share!
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3V8uIyZq4E
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by playboy19(m): 12:19am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigerians be like, oh look at our landscape, look at out skyline...what a horrible sight, then the govt plan to build a monument or a beautification program, then they go.... case of misplaced priority. Shey na wetin dem suppose dey do now be this when people never chop.

I always think Nigerians are confused set of people. Never sure of what they want.
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by money121(m): 12:22am On Oct 01, 2014
grin
#I LOVE NIGERIA LIKE KILODE

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Pdizzle(m): 12:45am On Oct 01, 2014
hehe..i love my country
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Nattylad(m): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2014
Not Nigerians alone.. Most African countries are guilty, some are even worse
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Neroanna(f): 12:52am On Oct 01, 2014
The gods found this to b funny!
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Neroanna(f): 12:53am On Oct 01, 2014
The gods found this to b funny! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? / Kegites Club?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.