Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) (30673 Views)

Charles, A Christian From Nigeria Beaten, Abducted By Armed Gangs In Libya / Join The Journey As 3 Nigerians Go Round The World On A Motor Bike / Two Nigeria- British Women Beaten And Flung In Hellhole Chinese Jail. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
SinghInLagos:
you could be in denial.
So you think OK to look down on poor/illiterate? It make you a better person? This is the problem of some of my Indian peoples. They are too much prejudiced and racist. Is shame, we need fix this serious problem.
are u indian? just asking
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
cyclops4real:
are u indian? just asking
Yes Sir I am proudly Indian. I also happy and accept Nigeria as my new adopt home.
Where you are from sir?
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
SinghInLagos:
Yes Sir I am proudly Indian. I also happy and accept Nigeria as my new adopt home.
Where you are from sir?
from nigeria schooling in mumbai
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
cyclops4real:
from nigeria schooling in mumbai
very good. Hope you are enjoying Bombay? Do well in your study.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
SinghInLagos:
very good. Hope you are enjoying Bombay? Do well in your study.
i thanks n hows is nigeria in general
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
cyclops4real:
i thanks n hows is nigeria in general
lagos is good. Part of north you must be knowing there is problem sometimes.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
SinghInLagos:
lagos is good. Part of north you must be knowing there is problem sometimes.
yeah boko guys, isi is trying to get into hydrebad
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by iluvpomo(m): 1:46am On Oct 05, 2014
indianin9ja:
Indians do not categorically look down on African people. They look down on criminals, the poor, the uncivilised, the illiterate, the vulgar, BUT NOT the African people. This is a downright lie.
What do you mean that Indians look down on poor and illiterate people? Is that something to be proud of, demeaning the underprivileged of society?? I have many Indian friends and none of them have your elitist (and frankly asšclown) mentality. You are the one that is completely wrong. It is no wonder you are trying to justify the inbred goons in that video.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by indianin9ja(m): 1:52am On Oct 05, 2014
SinghInLagos:
you could be in denial.
So you think OK to look down on poor/illiterate? It make you a better person? This is the problem of some of my Indian peoples. They are too much prejudiced and racist. Is shame, we need fix this serious problem.
iluvpomo:

What do you mean that Indians look down on poor and illiterate people? Is that something to be proud of, demeaning the underprivileged of society?? I have many Indian friends and none of them have your elitist (and frankly asšclown) mentality. You are the one that is completely wrong. It is no wonder you are trying to justify the inbred goons in that video.

I did not say it's OK to look down on those people. Nor did I say I look down on them. But people tend to look down on criminals, the destitute, the illiterate, the uneducated. Not just Indians, people everywhere.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by iluvpomo(m): 5:20am On Oct 05, 2014
indianin9ja:
I did not say it's OK to look down on those people. Nor did I say I look down on them. But people tend to look down on criminals, the destitute, the illiterate, the uneducated. Not just Indians, people everywhere.
Here you go again trying to weasel out of what you clearly just said about Indians ... I've bolded your words in my previous post. You are also yet to condemn the actions of those Indians in that video .... or do you think also think their barbaric actions are justified??
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by indianin9ja(m): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
iluvpomo:
Here you go again trying to weasel out of what you clearly just said about Indians ... I've bolded your words in my previous post. You are also yet to condemn the actions of those Indians in that video .... or do you think also think their barbaric actions are justified??

They were reacting to the racist and despicable behaviors of those Africans. They have my full support. This is 2014: the world has no place for racism.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by iluvpomo(m): 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
indianin9ja:

They were reacting to the racist and despicable behaviors of those Africans. They have my full support. This is 2014: the world has no place for racism.
@PAGAN9JA : bros, Shey you de see this MUGU racist on NL, I am tagging you so you see am
Where was the evidence that that the "Africans" said racist things??
Besides, I think India is at an advanced economic and political level that their citizens do not have to resort to barbaric jungle justice if indeed any crime was committed.
Many Indians are racist .... they use the term "kallu" a lot when referring to Africans ... pretty ironic given that many who use the term have even a darker skin colour than their victims. I have experienced such racist name calling against me a lot.
You enjoy the warmth and respect of my Nigerian people yet spew your hate/racism in return. Don't forget the teachings of your great Mahatma Gandhi and stop being/supporting racism yourself.
Also, stop shifting around your statements. First you say this : "did not say it's OK to look down on those people. Nor did I say I look down on them referring to the African victims in that video, then next you blame them for being racists. Stick to one point of view. I've met a lot of smart Indians in Nigeria, I have to say it is refreshing though to see a dumb one in you.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by cutierashy(f): 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
indianin9ja:

India is the most multi-racial, multi-lingual, multi-ethnic, and multi-religious country on Earth. Such problems are to be expected. Let's not air our dirty laundry in front of foreigners in Nairaland.
its nt washing dirty linen in public or foreign land.most of u guys behave unruly here n do tins dat u dare nt try in sm other countries,i blame it on d inferiority complex of sm nigerians.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by indianin9ja(m): 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
cutierashy:
its nt washing dirty linen in public or foreign land.most of u guys behave unruly here n do tins dat u dare nt try in sm other countries,i blame it on d inferiority complex of sm nigerians.

Most people in Nigeria behave "unruly" too. I'm just trying to fit in. When in Rome, do as the Romans do...
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by cutierashy(f): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
indianin9ja:

Most people in Nigeria behave "unruly" too. I'm just trying to fit in. When in Rome, do as the Romans do...
very arrogant n annoying angry
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by cutierashy(f): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
SinghInLagos:
I think part of solving problem is to admit that you are having the problem. Racism is there in India. People are looking down African people. You may not want to say it but is true. I think we have to accept is a problem, ask for apology and then work in solving problem. I am proud of Bharat but I am not proud of this bad even. I will not hide this mistake of our people and work to fix it. African people treat us so nice, we should not forgot that .... ONE INDIA...... peace.
u r one of d few indians i knw dat talk sense n i guess u must be treating ur staff well also.i'm nt against indians staying here n living large cos we nigerians also do same abroad but truth be told most of your fellow indians treat dier nigerian workers like slaves but we in return respect u.i'm sure u knw no other country on planet earth can take dat wit open arms but i strongly believe one day sm laws will be made.welcome n enjoy ur stay herein our beautiful country.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
cutierashy:
u r one of d few indians i knw dat talk sense n i guess u must be treating ur staff well also.i'm nt against indians staying here n living large cos we nigerians also do same abroad but truth be told most of your fellow indians treat dier nigerian workers like slaves but we in return respect u.i'm sure u knw no other country on planet earth can take dat wit open arms but i strongly believe one day sm laws will be made.welcome n enjoy ur stay herein our beautiful country.
Yes I agree on you. There are many foreign people in Nigeria (include Indian people) who take advantage of Nigerian people kindness and generosity. I think is just ignorant and one day they will learn and change. Most important we are human being first and then we have the different ethnic. So first and foremost we must treat fellow human being with respect.
Thank you for your welcome.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
SinghInLagos:

Yes I agree on you. There are many foreign people in Nigeria (include Indian people) who take advantage of Nigerian people kindness and generosity. I think is just ignorant and one day they will learn and change. Most important we are human being first and then we have the different ethnic. So first and foremost we must treat fellow human being with respect.
Thank you for your welcome.

where in Nigeria are u?.... this is the first time am hearing good words from an Indian in Nigeria.... keep it up brother.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
saxywale:

I don't believe that part about racist remarks. The police are just trying to cover their own a55. There was a part in the video where about 7 policemen stood there and did nothing, they just watched the whole harassment and beating from a distance. Infact the guys were been dealt with inside a police post at the train station.

True bro.

But my happiness is that the were not killed.
That would have been painful ( imagine on the video background, I was hearing the sound of bottles thrown at them....what if one of them was stabbed.)

It shows that they have to always watch their back.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
antonreal:
where in Nigeria are u?.... this is the first time am hearing good words from an Indian in Nigeria.... keep it up brother.
thank you. I live in Lagos. They are many of us Indian who live here and love Nigeria as adopted home, believe me I'm not the only one. Unfortunately they are some bad eggs like in every society which maybe make you think that Indian don't have good word of nigeria.
Remember even if you meet a foreigner talk a bad word of Nigeria then why is he still here? People just like to talk but deep inside they like a lot and their true feeling they are shame to show.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
SinghInLagos:
thank you. I live in Lagos. They are many of us Indian who live here and love Nigeria as adopted home, believe me I'm not the only one. Unfortunately they are some bad eggs like in every society which maybe make you think that Indian don't have good word of nigeria.
Remember even if you meet a foreigner talk a bad word of Nigeria then why is he still here? People just like to talk but deep inside they like a lot and their true feeling they are shame to show.

you are very right man... all I will advice u is try to treat ur workers very well if u have some cos if u do,they too in return will never thought of anything bad about u
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by mathewf4rr3l: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
Barbarians exist everywhere, be it India and Nigeria. That was really bad. If they have done something wrong, they must detain them and question them...
saxywale:
3 Nigerians Beaten Up At Rajiv Chowk Metro Station, New Delhi, India

Chaos prevailed at the Rajiv Chowk Metro station on Sunday evening when three Nigerian nationals were allegedly thrashed by a mob, including a group of students, after an altercation, police said.

Eyewitnesses said the Nigerians were beaten up after a rumour that they had allegedly passed some lewd remarks on some girls travelling in a Metro train. It was also alleged that the Nigerians had slapped a youth when he intervened.

Dismissing the allegations, Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) officers said an argument had broken out between the Nigerians and the students when they were trying to enter a train. The incident took place around 5.30pm.

The CISF is responsible for security inside metro stations.

“The Nigerians and the group of students were trying to board a yellow line train at Rajiv Chowk going towards South Delhi. Due to some rush, there was some pushing around and the Nigerians allegedly made racist remarks. This apparently angered a group of people who pushed the Nigerians out of the train and started beating them,” said a CISF spokesperson.

The spokesperson said a team of CISF personnel immediately rushed to the spot and rescued the three foreigners. However, the crowd again tried to beat up the three Nigerians while they were being take to the CISF control room. “Three Nigerian nationals suffered minor injuries in the clash. They were taken to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital for medical attention,” a metro police officer said.

Rakesh Pawariya, deputy commissioner of police (Metro), said they had received a complaint from the Nigerians. “We are registering a case on the basis of their complaint,” said Pawariya. The injured Nigerian nationals are students and they are staying in India on student visas.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/newdelhi/nigerians-beaten-up-at-rajiv-chowk-metro-station/article1-1269552.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XHBOE93Oks
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Konquest: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2017
3 Nigerians Beaten Up At Rajiv Chowk Metro Station, New Delhi, India

Chaos prevailed at the Rajiv Chowk Metro station on Sunday evening when three Nigerian nationals were allegedly thrashed by a mob, including a group of students, after an altercation, police said.

Eyewitnesses said the Nigerians were beaten up after a rumour that they had allegedly passed some lewd remarks on some girls travelling in a Metro train. It was also alleged that the Nigerians had slapped a youth when he intervened.

Dismissing the allegations, Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) officers said an argument had broken out between the Nigerians and the students when they were trying to enter a train. The incident took place around 5.30pm.

The CISF is responsible for security inside metro stations.

“The Nigerians and the group of students were trying to board a yellow line train at Rajiv Chowk going towards South Delhi. Due to some rush, there was some pushing around and the Nigerians allegedly made racist remarks. This apparently angered a group of people who pushed the Nigerians out of the train and started beating them,” said a CISF spokesperson.

The spokesperson said a team of CISF personnel immediately rushed to the spot and rescued the three foreigners. However, the crowd again tried to beat up the three Nigerians while they were being take to the CISF control room. “Three Nigerian nationals suffered minor injuries in the clash. They were taken to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital for medical attention,” a metro police officer said.

Rakesh Pawariya, deputy commissioner of police (Metro), said they had received a complaint from the Nigerians. “We are registering a case on the basis of their complaint,” said Pawariya. The injured Nigerian nationals are students and they are staying in India on student visas.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/newdelhi/nigerians-beaten-up-at-rajiv-chowk-metro-station/article1-1269552.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XHBOE93Oks
^^^^^^^

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead / Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.