Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,547 members, 7,823,398 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) (3712 Views)

Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand / Woman Rains Curses On Another Lady For Not Believing Her Pastor's Miracle.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Immorttal: 6:34am On Jan 08, 2017
Well, That was an order from above.

In Kentucky a woman is under arrest after assaulting and robbing a disabled man because he said that he did not believe in God.
Police report that 49-year-old Laura Reid was visiting the disabled man in his home when she asked the victim if he believed in God. When the victim replied that he did not, Reid became angry and began beating the man with his metal cane, striking him on his head and body, and hitting him so hard that the cane broke.
According to the arrest warrant, the victim was unable to leave his home because of his disability, and Reid stayed there for three hours after the assault. When she finally left, she allegedly took the man’s cell phone, keys, $50 cash and a wallet containing credit cards.

WDRB reports:
Police say the man eventually crawled to a nearby gas station, where police and EMS were called. The man was taken to St. Mary and Elizabeth Hospital, where he was treated for injuries he sustained, including a concussion, a broken arm, multiple bruises, as well as cuts and abrasions.
The victim was eventually able to cancel his credit cards — and identify Reid, who was known to him, according to police.

Reid was arrested by Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office deputies on Tuesday, Jan. 5. She is charged with second degree assault, second degree robbery, and first degree unlawful imprisonment.

Bottom line: Admitting that you don’t believe in God can be dangerous, and at times even deadly. Last month a woman in Phoenix was placed under arrest after telling police that she shot and killed an atheist for not believing in God.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/01/kentucky-woman-assaults-disabled-man-for-not-believing-in-god/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by tonyx4x44(m): 6:48am On Jan 08, 2017
And yet nairalanders keep asking why atheists won't come out in the open.

If this could happen in the US, imagine the Nigerian version (I'm quite certain that our population fanatic ratio is way higher.)

8 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Sibrah: 6:49am On Jan 08, 2017
Strange
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Immorttal: 6:56am On Jan 08, 2017
Sibrah:
Strange
Not strange, people kill for their imaginary God everyday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 08, 2017
Modified.
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 08, 2017
Sibrah:
Strange
Are you Nigerian?
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by tonyx4x44(m): 10:57am On Jan 08, 2017
NinjaX:

Are you Nigerian?

I wonder.
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by jonbellion(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
Where is KingEbukasBlog the athiests are heartless people town crier

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Richirich713: 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Too bad, she should have followed Jesus command to love even your enemies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Plappvillemoi(f): 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Jesus and His disciples Showed Love and encourage true Christians to do thesame. No one can kill in the Name of Christ and defend his actions with the Bible. The bible is not the Quran where Muslims are commanded to kill those who reject allah.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Plappvillemoi(f): 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
tonyx4x44:

If this could happen in the US, imagine the Nigerian version (I'm quite certain that our population fanatic ratio is way higher.)

How many times have you come out in the Open since Boko haram has been killing you?
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Plappvillemoi(f): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Richirich713:
Too bad, she should have followed Jesus command to love even your enemies.

Exactly!
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
tonyx4x44:

We have bad people in every aspect of life
Religion,occupation or relationship, we don't judge everybody by some people
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by tonyx4x44(m): 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
Plappvillemoi:

How many times have you come out in the Open since Boko Haram has been killing you?

Despite the abundant evidence I should test with my life abi? Well done

There is no martyrdom in Atheism/Agnosticism

What evidence?

- Killings for blasphemy in the north (not by Boko Haram o, by everyday citizens)

- Extreme hate for atheist by Christians (they hate what they do not understand.) I have seen these times without number right from my university day. Proclaim your disbelief in a deity and immediately face ostracism and hate speech from family, friends, and colleagues. And I have not even gotten to extremely radical Christians; those can kill you o!

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by hopefulLandlord: 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
sounds like something Anas09 would do
she'll just beat the man to coma while claiming she's beating Satan

10 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by hopefulLandlord: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
jonbellion:
Where is KingEbukasBlog the athiests are heartless people town crier

he's probably busy assaulting a covenant university student who is an atheist

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by jimmyjenseng(m): 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
I'm faced with relational persecution here. Some nigg* I had dealings with stopped me from getting close to them and some treat me with disdain all because I professed my disbelief in a deity.

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Immorttal: 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
jimmyjenseng:
I'm faced with relational persecution here. Some nigg* I had dealings with stopped me from getting close to them and some treat me with disdain all because I professed my disbelief in a deity.
too bad
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Anas09: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

So i stike you as a heartless, merciless thief?

@Op before you come out here to talk about an imaginary God, pls kindly go to the Bible pick out verses were the imaginary God enjoined his followers to assult and steal from their neighbors if they do not believe in God.

Hopefullandlord, I am a merciful person especially to the challenged. My Orpanage Home is getting commisioned soon. I care for people. I love people. You get it all wrong to think of me as a heartless person because i banter you here. In my estate right now, a guy and his girl friend are Yokists, they don't believe in God, but we are still pals.
As far as you mind your business, i no send you.

But i resent hypocrites who do not believe in my imaginary God, yet insult Him.

Sarassin for instance, does not believe in my God, but you'd never hear him insult Him, and you'd never find me calling him out.

@Op, my God is imaginary, leave Him alone. Go ahead and do your thing.

If only Muslims, Satanists, Atheists, and Homosexuals will us with our imaginary God alone.

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Anas09: 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
jimmyjenseng:
So sorry about that.
But, I think you should look for your kind. Am sorry to say this, but i can not keep an atheist as a friend too, because a man who doesn't feel accountable to God and seeing how people commit crime and get away with it this days in Nigeria, who says the atheist won't hurt me badly knowing no one can or will do anything to him?
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Anas09: 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
Immorttal:
too bad
The Deep calleth unto deep... Meaning, Birds of the same feathers shd flock together.
Psalm:42:7

Bad communication corrupts good manners 1Cor 15: 33.

Can you keep a friend who insults your Dad?

If you are having a discussion and an issue involving parents comes up, and your Friend bloats out, "Your Father is a bastard, he is criminal and a useless sonofabitch who kills women a children, etc
Tell me sincerely that you'd keep friends like that close.

You guys shd stop whining and deal with it.
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by hopefulLandlord: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

I can relate
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by JackBizzle: 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Anas09:

So sorry about that.
But, I think you should look for your kind. Am sorry to say this, but i can not keep an atheist as a friend too, because a man who doesn't feel accountable to God and seeing how people commit crime and get away with it this days in Nigeria, who says the atheist won't hurt me badly knowing no one can or will do anything to him?

There is a madness that is deep-seated in many religious people.

The madness where someone can see clear evidence against her argument and will still proceed to say that her argument is right.

The op has given 2 examples where atheists were assaulted by christians just because the atheists didnt believe in god. You are here talking nonsense that atheists will commit crimes against you and that you don't want atheists friends.

Excuse me, the people that commit crimes in Nigeria, are they atheists? Your evil tyrant, Sani Abacha, was he an atheist? Is corrupt patience jonathan an atheist?

Please, use your brain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by hahn(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I can relate

Fvck em

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by hahn(m): 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
JackBizzle:

There is a madness that is deep-seated in many religious people.

The madness where someone can see clear evidence against her argument and will still proceed to say that her argument is right.

The op has given 2 examples where atheists were assaulted by christians just because the atheists didnt believe in god. You are here talking nonsense that atheists will commit crimes against you and that you don't want atheists friends.

Excuse me, the people that commit crimes in Nigeria, are they atheists? Your evil tyrant, Sani Abacha, was he an atheist? Is corrupt patience jonathan an atheist?

Please, use your brain

It doesn't have one undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by Immorttal: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
Anas09:

The Deep calleth unto deep... Meaning, Birds of the same feathers shd flock together.
Psalm:42:7

Bad communication corrupts good manners 1Cor 15: 33.

Can you keep a friend who insults your Dad?

If you are having a discussion and an issue involving parents comes up, and your Friend bloats out, "Your Father is a bastard, he is criminal and a useless sonofabitch who kills women a children, etc
Tell me sincerely that you'd keep friends like that close.

You guys shd stop whining and deal with it.
you ought to be condemning this vile act but instead look at what you posted,. Its official, anyone can kill because of a sky daddy even anas09 who i placed on high esteem.
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by JackBizzle: 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Immorttal:
you ought to be condemning this vile act but instead look at what you posted,. Its official, anyone can kill because of a sky daddy even anas09 who i placed on high esteem.

hahn:

It doesn't have one undecided

Anas09 is short for AnASS09.

She makes An A.S.S of herself 09 times a day

3 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by hahn(m): 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
JackBizzle:

Anas09 is short for AnASS09.

She makes An A.S.S of herself 09 times a day

It is anass na tongue
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by jimmyjenseng(m): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Anas09:

So sorry about that.

I understand you quite well. The bible says you you should be unequally yoked together with the workers of darkness or those who don't share same faith as you, and you're trying to live by it dictates and precepts.. If you ask me, that ain't cool. I shouldn't be judged and condemned for my nonreligious views but by my character.

And talking of hurt, it's imperative you understand that no atheist is above the law. The atheist has no power to do one harm and walk freely on the surface of the earth. He's answerable to earthly laws.

The worst form of discrimination isn't racial or ethnic; it's the discrimination between brothers. When your own brother treats you with an unexplainable form of hatred because of your belief. That's the worst.

It's time we treat and respect each other regardless of our beliefs and sentiments. Our unifying factor should be our service to humanity and not religion. We are here for all of us. I need you and you need me. The world can't function well without our contributions.

Enjoy your evening.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by MrMontella(m): 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
tonyx4x44:

ts normal bro

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by MrMontella(m): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
Plappvillemoi:
Jesus and His disciples Showed Love and encourage true Christians to do thesame. No one can kill in the Name of Christ and defend his actions with the Bible. The bible is not the Quran where Muslims are commanded to kill those who reject allah.
hypocrisy!
Re: Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo) by MrMontella(m): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol..
gringringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Akan And Jamaicans Have 4 Genders As Do Many Non-christian Cultures / The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity / Prophet Muhammad In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.