Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (76497 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / 6 Tough But Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by ahmbal(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yomieluv: Guidance,and counseling. WTF,study that in Nigeria?
cum unilorin,cum see dm, dn go even dy shako untop uniform, chai ,dn plenty die #Goat nd Cat dept

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by OmichaelO: 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
merbenko: Seems you done knows what Bsc (ed) and Ba (ed) is all about
I know!! don't get me wrong, I'm typing from experience..Am not saying they are not good courses, just underrated.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nwachiizu(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
What about Polymer and Textile Engineering.

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by louiskay(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
An
Ahmeduana:
POL SCIENCE! I NO know THE THING WEY THEM THEY LEARN FOR 4YEARS FOR UNI, WEY BE SAY NA ONE WEEK YOU GO TAKE LEARN UNDER THE TUTELEDGE of ADEDIBU OF BLESSED MEMORY AFTER eaten amala dudu with gbegiri and ewedu; OR UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF JONA JANG WITHIN ONE HOUR YOU WILL KNOW THAT 16 IS GREATER THAN 19! YOU WILL NOW GO AND WASTE GOOD 4 TO 5 YEAR FOR UNIVERSITY!

3 Likes

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by omode2(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
adextetoo: Starting with most AGRICULTURAL RELATED courses imagine some one spending 5yrs in my uni (FUTA) to study:
Building Technology (modern bricklayers)
Agric Economics and Extension (what da Bleep does dat mean?)
Agric Extension and Communication (are you trying to understand the official language of animals and plants?, cut me some slack.
Transport Management (what is d job of dos nurtw thug bosses?)
And above all PHILOSOPHY even a 5yr old kid will do dat
Library Management (arrangining of books which you will never read) omo course plenty oooo
You dont have to mention agriculture. Thats one of area Nigeria has comparative advantage. In some years time, ppl will be queing up to study d course.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Emperorking20(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
sonofyisa: not brilliant u say...u re mistaken
Help me ask him how one can bring "marvellous" ideas in fishery.. Also tell him to go study fishery so he can bring "marvellous" ideas since he's brilliant undecided
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by emueze: 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
adextetoo: Starting with most AGRICULTURAL RELATED courses imagine some one spending 5yrs in my uni (FUTA) to study:
Agric Extension and Communication (are you trying to understand the official language of animals and plants?, cut me some slack.
Library Management (arrangining of books which you will never read) omo course plenty oooo
Building technology, is one of the best science courses, I have a friend studying this course.. A builder has the capability of bring both the architect, engineer together. And in unizik it is called building and quantity surveying. So I guess it shouldn't be on ur list

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by lordnammy(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
All course are good, it all depends on wat u make out of it. Ur dreams is what helps u to choose the course of study. For me i had dreams of owning Engineering coys and much more. My dad say medicine. When they gave me medicine through ps and Eng through jamb i followed my dreams. All my uncles that r medical docs dont ve much money at theirs disposal they were just ok, that was my thought as a child. Lol
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by joshdearie(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
graciousolo: Psychology. As versatile and relevant as it is. I can't phantom why sociology is more wanted than psychology in Nigeria. Cos I know in the west psychology is rated higher than sociology.

BTW I think psychology is underated considering its versatility.
If you say you dey study psychology,dem go ask you weda u wan be police.mctehwwww.
tru talk, I am a graduate of the course and come and see wat I face just ecos of nigeria bad system of org
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by ademiD(f): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
what's wrong with sociology pls??
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by chi4ik(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
all of u that are busy abusing Education courses, u guys will finish school and u will be begging most private schools to employ u as a teacher. the truth still remain that no course in the university is useless, it dependents on individuals

3 Likes

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by miiky(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
dedons: In uniben,

it's...

"animal fencing and wiring"
hahahah...which 1 be animal fencing and wiring....wait oo pple de study de course??..dey beta name it animal security* lol
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by merbenko: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Bennyberry: hmm oga,i Hav bn spending up to 20mins trying to understand ur english sentence constrution.wud help if u try to explain,tnx
Better for you not to understand. Beside Bsc (ed) or Ba (ed) are not course for someone to under narrate unless you if someone is a dump type
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by IamAthens(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
In NSUK it's social studies education. This is where you'ld be asked to define what a family is in an exam.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by pweshboi(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
SirHouloo: As for FUTA;
Forestry and wood technology
Industrial design (IDD- I don die)

I wouldn't want to agree with the fact that you said IDD in FUTA is underated, for FWT (forestry and wood technology) I'll agree. In addition Ecotorism and wildlife is one course that is been underated too
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by sugarkemi(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
RebelLeader15: don't worry, you will retain your space in Ibadan zoo or Obudu cattle ranch when you graduate.

I will be glad to pay and see you in a cage with other animals

Ediot...
hehe bro!
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by smart12345678: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Bleep it, imma sociologist, a graduate for that matter. I had no idea of the course until I was given. Along the line I got used to it. Pple misconcieved sociology cos the ave no idea of wats all about. I'm happy to be a sociologist......

However, if yu tink yu ave contrary opinion bou wat iv said, try me and let get it started.

3 Likes

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
if u pple no take ur time,
they will soon include:

cleanertology; study of environment neatness
writenmateriatology; study of pen and eraser....
SUGtarian; study of sug boix

couse na course ook
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by merbenko: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
OmichaelO: I know!! don't get me wrong, I'm typing from experience..Am not saying they are not good courses, just underrated.
That is from you own point of view.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Emperorking20:
Help me ask him how one can bring "marvellous" ideas in fishery.. Also tell him to go study fishery so he can bring "marvellous" ideas since he's brilliant undecided
I'm sorry, but the bolded is myopic... I'm a Law Student so maybe I don't know what I'm saying, but one Thing I know to be true is that there is no Field of Human Endeavour that doesn't have room for Improvement.

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Rapaltar(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
herald9:

the problem is not what you study... the problem is where will you be paid to study this man and the society?

i taya
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by HoluwadareY(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
hardbody:

There is no course or programme of study called 'Integrated Science' in the University. That name is used to amalgamate the basic sciences...Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Agricultural Science....to give fresh students in the Secondary School a general overview of the Sciences to enable them make an informed decision about what science courses they may choose as they progress in their academic sojourn. Students later settle down to a combination of any number of science subjects that lead them into studying courses like Pharmacy, Medicine, Agric Engineering, and all those other Science based courses.

Meanwhile i have said it severally, all degree courses are first steps to greatness. No course is cheap or should be underestimated. The medical student will at some point sweat in the class of History or English Language major. Even the brightest student will need to study hard to pass sociology. More importantly, hardwork and good fortune can place the supposed cheap and underrated graduate several steps ahead of you...

I ask again, how many Bank MDs/CEOs studied banking and finance as a course? it is still all these science related courses that most of them studied, and after passing competitive examinations for all students meant to streamline, they found themselves doing better than some of their contemporaries.

Go to school and put in your best to become the best you can. Simple
best comment sofar,sir can i have your phn no ,u can forward it to favoured94@gmail.com thanks

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by ethicalUser(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Crop science
Soil science
Animal science
Food tech

FUTO sha
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by scify(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Med surge ... Highly underrated course smiley
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by AreaFada2: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2014

This really funny because Agriculture is one of the most promising sectors that can grow exponentially. Skilled workforce is key.

If we can improve agriculture & significantly reduce cost of production, 9ja can supply cheap food to parts of Africa where hunger is still a problem. Make a tidy profit & employ around 4-5 million people.

Considering that also that we still have along way to go in terms of effective transport system.

All the science we know today began as philosophy: Physical philosophy, Mathematical philosophy etc. Most early scientists were philosophers.

Descartes & Newton come to mind.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by merbenko: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
OmichaelO: I know!! don't get me wrong, I'm typing from experience..Am not saying they are not good courses, just underrated.
That is from you own point of view bro
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by merbenko: 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
IamAthens: In NSUK it's social studies education. This is where you'ld be asked to define what a family is in an exam.
Did you study there. I will report you to Doctor Fan or Prof Ma,azu
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by amsad19(m): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
honestly i am in one of d courses trap can u imagine i will spend 5 years studying Crop Protection
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by waleakanfe(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
[SirHouloo:
As for FUTA;
Forestry and wood technology
Industrial design (IDD- I don die)]
Also courses like Fishery and Aquaculture, Ecotourism & Wildlife management
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Ediss(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
But I studied educational course. Mathematics education happily and among all my friends am the first to get a job (customs job) masters and now into PhD. I love mathematics education. No course is Bad just try to comeout well. 2.1 or first class. In all God is the one that give job not what yoou study.

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by iamdominus(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yungwizzzy: Elect/Elect

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin na secondary sch student u be
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by tswagg007(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yungwizzzy: Elect/Elect
u well?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Barewa College Produced 5 Presidents, Over 20 Governors, Ministers, Cjns / WAEC Releases 2012/2013 WASSCE Results / Unaab Aka Funaab Official Thread For 2012/2013 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.