Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:44 AM

Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria (38904 Views)

Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP / Ghana To Export Electricity To Nigeria And Neigbhouring Countries? / CBN Plans To Introduce N5000, N2000 Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by emeka1101: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kirinwa: This man seems to be saying Nigeria you people should be ashamed at yourself.Being the 'giant of Africa' and at age 54 years you cannot let corruption allow you to generate electricity for yourself and yet you give to Benin.

Since you people are clueless my country will chop your money. See giant of Africa indeed!
Ignorant.You don't even know that man is the minister of power here in Nigeria .
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by OXCUBA: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
HOW CAN GHANA SUPPLY NIGERIA WITH ELECTRICITY...... WE SUPPLY GHANA WITH GAS .... THAT IS USED TO GENERATE 80% OF THIER ELECTRICITY...... WHEN NIGERIA GAS WORKER EMBARKED ON STRIKE ..... IT AFFECTED THEIR MOBILE NETWORK AND THE ELECTRICITY COMPANY OF GHANA (E.C.G) BECAUSE BOTH ARE RUNNING ON GAS....... LAGOS IS BIGGER THAN GHANA ..... I WONDER HOW THEY CAN SUPPLY THE GIANT OF AFRICA WITH ELECTRICITY.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by rhames(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
ayindejimmy:
http://www.punchng.com/news/ghana-plans-to-export-electricity-to-nigeria/

This is the most confused government in the world. First it was trying to import electricity from war torn Congo. And now Ghana, whose electricity demands have not been made.
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
IloveGH:
^^^FIXED!

LMAO @ bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lmao...I wish I'm Ghana black. At least I'd look like Ashy Larry, with white follicles and shiit. And with that people won't even notice if I were to rub fufu all over my body cos I'm forever ashy lol.

Don't get me into dissing Ghana - I'm a vet with Stars and Stripes, and I have been doing it since I was wearing diapers. Jiggamangh, royalpearl etc. Call ya Ashanti folks to order before I lose my darn mind lol.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by emeka1101: 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Orina: This idiot president talks too much when ghana is in darkness you talking about other countries, common cholera has killed nearly 3000 people this year alone in ghana (not ebola o) save your country first, bigot!
SMH ....cholera has killed almost 150 people in Ghana(not 3000). I read it.Don't be sooo ignorant because there are more serious people here than you think.Speak from facts and stop telling lies. You are not a kid I guess.Try finding out the number of people killed by cholera here in this yr alone.
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Jerry2i(m): 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigeria don't need more mega wats of power,what we truly are distribution lines and network.
Power generation in nigeria is okay now,but it is the distribution company that are not doing their job.
[color=#000000][/color]
My 2cents though!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by GHKWAME1: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
Orina:
lol that was in 2010/12 dude, just get prepared for the IMF policies for Ghana cheesy
You see the benefit of a pissing contest? I better pass my neighbor sh1t. Senseless show of bravado! Next time you go on a bragging spree, be sure to use Google. grin
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by mikron(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
ugochukwu360: Why are most African presidents ugly? This man has a baggy nose.
oga that is not a president, that is chinedu nebo the minister of power.
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by acerr(m): 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

Another baby factory product, ur country is da most worthless on earth. Are those girls still in sambisa forest? Hahaa
abeg what are you doing on NAIRALAND the forum for nigerian youth can u kindly send me the address for ghanaland it even sound lame weird country with weird people guess no 1 in ghana has d s*nse
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by mikron(m): 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
sexzskil: I am sorry for this off topic post but lets
get our fact straight, NIGERIAN
GOVERNMENT ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
CONTAINMENT OF EBOLA VIRUS. AN
AMERICAN DID AND SO ALL GLORY SHOULD
BE ASCRIBED TO HIM. I'LL POST THIS ON
EVERY THREAD IN NAIRALAND TILL THE
TRUTH IS ASSIMILATED.
“Dr. David Brett-Mayor of the World
Health Organization saw and
conquered Ebola. He single handedly
started the Ebola isolation ward
having cleared and cleaned the room.
He admitted and cared for the patients
before any Nigerian doctor joined him''.
The above was a recent quote from
Fashola. An American From WHO first
showed the zeal of helping Nigeria
conquered ebola before the useless
Nigerian doctors gave in! Why give
Nigerian government the glory that
rightly belong to the gloriou United States
?
WITHOUT AMERICA, THE WORLD IS
DOOMED TO ABSOLUTE EXTINCTION!
MAY AMERICA RULE OVER THE UNIVERSE
AND GOD FOR ALL ETERNITY(AMEN)!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/1929463/
jonathan-pdp-cant-claim-c
btw are u white? U sound angry, pls we are discussing power generation here not who contained Ebola. But if u re a Nigerian living outside d Shores of Nigeria then I advise u start thinking like an African cos u sound like a brainwashed white man's black slave. I say this because I saw ur other hateful posts in the other Ebola threads.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by 19naia(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigeria ended up on this list.l When Nigeria went into oil business, it did not even think to keep itself safe from the pollution from it own oil..
Eventually the cost of the pollution and intoxication on the land and people will far out price the profit gained from making such a mess for profit... What has a man gained when he has profited all that money and afterwards the land and air and water is so spoiled he can no longer eat, drink and breathe from his land? The money cannot be eaten or drank or breathed... Preserve the land and water and air of the earth..
Ghana is on the list also... Beware of big industry and the want of so much modern things...

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VgSMrZP9rk
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by smirn(m): 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Can people just be logical for once. Ghana exporting power to Nigeria does not mean they have to power the entire country. If presently with their small population can generate over 2000MW, Nigeria as of today is not generating more than 4000MW with their huge population. It sounds reasonable that Ghana's generating capacity is even more than what their small population requires hence can afford to export to Nigeria even if its 100MW. [size=8pt][/size]
Its true Nigeria supply gas to Ghana for power generation but it is still this same country that we export crude oil to import PMS and Kerosene. The present
power problem in Ghana recently is due to Nigeria's inability to ensure steady gas export to Ghana.

As far we cant produce the quantity we need then anybody can supply to us.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by IloveGH: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao...I wish I'm Ghana black. At least I'd look like Ashy Larry, with white follicles and shiit. And with that people won't even notice if I were to rub fufu all over my body cos I'm forever ashy lol.

Don't get me into dissing Ghana - I'm a vet with Stars and Stripes, and I have been doing it since I was wearing diapers. Jiggamangh, royalpearl etc. Call ya Ashanti folks to order before I lose my darn mind lol.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Someone is pained grin

Dude, you can diss Ghana for all I care, you are still a black charcoal guy, from the black charcoal Yoruba tribe. So a diss on Ghana is a diss on you cheesy

Inferiority complex at its highest!

BTW, did you people migrate to nigeria from South Sudan? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hahahahahaha Ghanian President. A very ambitious man but with zero sense. At the moment, Ghana needs 2000MW but generates only 700MW of which Nigeria subsidizes to them over 200MW and Nigeria generates over 4,500 MW but needs over 30,000 MW.

Anyway, Ghana, Go ahead and generate the electricity first, and I billyonaire will buy all that you can generate and transmit it to my village alone, but I doubt if what you can generate can reach sufficiency for my village Canoe Makers and fishermen.

Black like Charcoal.
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by mrham03(m): 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
Billyonaire: Hahahahahaha Ghanian President. A very ambitious man but with zero sense. At the moment, Ghana needs 2000MW but generates only 700MW of which Nigeria subsidizes to them over 200MW and Nigeria generates over 4,500 MW but needs over 30,000 MW.

Anyway, Ghana, Go ahead and generate the electricity first, and I billyonaire will buy all that you can generate and transmit it to my village alone, but I doubt if what you can generate can reach sufficiency for my village Canoe Makers and fishermen.

Black like Charcoal.
stuppid pig! When did buying gas from incompetent bokogeria become importing of power from ur useless country? U are not even ashamed of boasting that u have 4000 megawatts of power for 160 million people. Anyways we ghanaians plan to help ur useless and clueless country by selling power to u. It will begin soon. Ghana ìs still the hope of africa!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Orina(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
emeka1101: SMH ....cholera has killed almost 150 people in Ghana(not 3000). I read it.Don't be sooo ignorant because there are more serious people here than you think.Speak from facts and stop telling lies. You are not a kid I guess.Try finding out the number of people killed by cholera here in this yr alone.
i meant 10,000 cholera cases which is alarming and most of them are in accra which is suppose to be the capital city lol http://www.citifmonline.com/2014/09/04/blame-mahama-for-cholera-deaths-ppp/
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by GHKWAME1: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ghana’s ruling government has concluded plans
to begin export of electric power to Nigeria and
other West African countries by 2015. grin

The country’s Vice President, Mr John Dramani
Mahama, who unfolded the plan in Accra, on
Tuesday, said the government has already
embarked on extensive expansion of power
infrastructure to enable them achieve the
project.
Mahama explained that a key motivation for the
investment was that Ghana presently has
competitive advantage in the area of power
supply over other neighbouring countries,
including Nigeria, which is still grappling with
massive power deficit for its estimated 150
million citizens
. grin grin grin https://www.nairaland.com/826346/nigeria-buy-electricity-ghana-believe

Benin, Togo ask for more power from Ghana.............. "Benin and Togo have made a joint request to the Ghana government to
supply them with more power, since their power situation is more desperate than Ghana’s.

“The situation in Benin and Togo is worse.” Ghana has reduced the contractual supply of power to Benin and Togo from 90 MW to 35 MW after the destruction of a pipeline belonging to the West Africa Gas Pipeline Project (WAGP) in August 2012.

The cut in power supply to the two countries has resulted in massive load shedding and power disruption in Togo
and Benin between eight and 12 hours or more daily.
Mr Kassa(Benin minister for energy) looked worried, apprehensive and expectant when he pleaded with the
minister to compromise and increase the power supply slightly upwards, but
Mr Buah(Ghana minister for Energy) was firm and said Ghana could only help when the situation in the
country normalised.
Mr Buah’s response created more distress for Mr Kassa and his team, who shoved diplomacy aside and displayed
open worry.

Ghana Commissions New Dam

The Electricity Company of Ghana(ECG) made history on Friday when it
became the first company in the West African sub-region to pioneer the supply of power to villages on the borders of neighbouring countries.

Ghana solar energy plant set to be Africa's largest

Nigeria, highest importer of generator sets grin grin
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigeria is too large. How much electricity will they send?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by GHKWAME1: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
You this guy, you never learn huh?
Orina:
i meant 10,000 cholera cases which is alarming and most of them are in accra which is suppose to be the capital city lol http://www.citifmonline.com/2014/09/04/blame-mahama-for-cholera-deaths-ppp/

FCTA Moves To Avert Cholera Outbreak In Abuja
The Federal Capital Territory
Administration (FCTA), has advised
residents to be conscious of the state of
their environment and ensure proper
sanitation to prevent cholera outbreak
which is ravaging parts of the country. source: http://leadership.ng/news/324522/fcta-moves-avert-cholera-outbreak-abuja

Cholera outbreak in Abuja
There has been an outbreak of cholera in Abuja.
Cases of the outbreak have been reported at
Mpape area of the capital city.
However, authorities in Abuja are trying to bury
the story because they reason it will cause a
panic in the city.
According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease
Control (NCDC), investigations into the outbreak
have begun. source: http://thenews-chronicle.com/cholera-outbreak-in-abuja/
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Orina(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
GHKWAME1: You see the benefit of a pissing contest? I better pass my neighbor sh1t. Senseless show of bravado! Next time you go on a bragging spree, be sure to use Google. grin
ok sir just be ready for IMF wink what about the $200mn + mahama used to buy sanitary pads for school girls? Hehe
http://graphic.com.gh/news/education/26428-free-sanitary-pad-is-to-prevent-school-dropout-among-girls-education-minister.html
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by mrham03(m): 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
shymexx:

not only are u ignorant, u are really stuppid too. We are proud to be black. What about u bokogerians. Always pretending to be white. Is jona-mumu not black? Is taye taiwo not black?

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by mrham03(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Orina:
didnt u hear of cholera affecting and killing nigerians too?
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrham03: stuppid pig! When did buying gas from incompetent bokogeria become importing of power from ur useless country? U are not even ashamed of boasting that u have 4000 megawatts of power for 160 million people. Anyways we ghanaians plan to help ur useless and clueless country by selling power to u. It will begin soon. Ghana ìs still the hope of africa!
I love Ghanians, my housegirl is a Ghanian and she does a marvelous job cleaning the staircase and taking care of the laundery. She happened to be the one begging me to help your country out. A country of 25 million people, just about the population of Lagos State, one of the 36 states in Nigeria. I dont know what and/or who says Ghana should be a country. Ghana should be 37th State of Nigeria because we run that country.

Nigerian banks are the biggest in Ghana
Ghanian stars beg to have roles in Nigerian films, some even date Nigerian actors just to be relevant.
Nigeria currently subsidizes 200MW of Electricity to Ghana, just 3 weeks ago, Pengasssan went on strike and the whole Ghana went into darkness
Nigerians have taken over even minutes trades like Retails and roadside markets in Black Ghana
Ghanian girls love Nigerians more than their President. (Ask Nadia Garri abi Buari)
Nigerians will soon invade that tiny country and colonize it,

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by GHKWAME1: 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Orina: ok sir just be ready for IMF wink what about the $200mn + mahama used to buy sanitary pads for school girls? Hehe
http://graphic.com.gh/news/education/26428-free-sanitary-pad-is-to-prevent-school-dropout-among-girls-education-minister.html

Nigerian women players resort to begging and prostitution after unpaid bonuses in order to buy sanitary pads grin Source: http:// www.nigeriasoccernet.com/nigerian-women-players-resort-to-begging-and-prostitution-after-unpaid-bonuses/

1 Like

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Orina(m): 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
GHKWAME1:

Nigerian women players resort to begging and prostitution after unpaid bonuses in order to buy sanitary pads grin Source: http:// www.nigeriasoccernet.com/nigerian-women-players-resort-to-begging-and-prostitution-after-unpaid-bonuses/
there are prostitute everywhere even in the UK, US, and almost all ghanaian girls are prostitute even your celebrities cus the way they fall for naija guys, i have 3 gh girls now and they are cheap af
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by IloveGH: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrham03: not only are u ignorant, u are really stuppid too. We are proud to be black. What about u bokogerians. Always pretending to be white. Is jona-mumu not black? Is taye taiwo not black?

LWKMD!!! grin grin grin grin grin

In his mind, Mahama is black like charcoal and jona is white cheesy

The funny thing is, the guy is yoruba grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by GHKWAME1: 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Orina: there are prostitute everywhere even in the UK, US, and almost all ghanaian girls are prostitute even your celebrities cus the way they fall for naija guys, i have 3 gh girls now and they are cheap af
Its a well known fact that one in three Nigerians are bastards!grin I will advice you go ask your momma who your real papa is grin. fyi Ghanain girls who have relationships with Nigerians are outcasts.
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Orina(m): 9:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrham03: didnt u hear of cholera affecting and killing nigerians too?

Ghana is importing electricity to ensure everyone can watch the World Cup
http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/index/263258/speedreads-ghana-is-importing-electricity-to-ensure-everyone-can-watch-the-world-cup
ghana should stop saying they export electricity to other countries
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by GHKWAME1: 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Orina:
Ghana is importing electricity to ensure everyone can watch the World Cup
http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/index/263258/speedreads-ghana-is-importing-electricity-to-ensure-everyone-can-watch-the-world-cup
ghana should stop saying they export electricity to other countries
So you would rather we say Nigeria exports electricity? We both know who has his generator set on. grin

project.
million citizens
. grin grin grin https://www.nairaland.com/826346/nigeria-buy-electricity-ghana-believe

Benin, Togo ask for more power from Ghana.............. "Benin and Togo have made a joint request to the Ghana government to
supply them with more power, since their power situation is more desperate than Ghana’s.

“The situation in Benin and Togo is worse.” Ghana has reduced the contractual supply of power to Benin and Togo from 90 MW to 35 MW after the destruction of a pipeline belonging to the West Africa Gas Pipeline Project (WAGP) in August 2012.

The cut in power supply to the two countries has resulted in massive load shedding and power disruption in Togo
Mr Kassa(Benin minister for energy) looked worried, apprehensive and expectant when he pleaded with the
Mr Buah(Ghana minister for Energy) was firm and said Ghana could only help when the situation in the
country normalised.
Mr Buah’s response created more distress for Mr Kassa and his team, who shoved diplomacy aside and displayed
open worry.

became the first company in the West African sub-region to pioneer the supply of power to villages on the borders of neighbouring countries.

Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Orina(m): 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
GHKWAME1: Its a well known fact that one in three Nigerians are bastards!grin I will advice you go ask your momma who your real papa is grin. fyi Ghanain girls who have relationships with Nigerians are outcasts.
lol ghana girls are too cheap i upload their nude videos everywhere lol i can share some here with you if you want, and pls stop the insults cheesy
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by Orina(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
GHKWAME1: So you would rather we say Nigeria exports electricity? We both know who has his generator set on. grin

project.
million citizens

The world heard this, ten years ago, ten years
before that and we will hear it ten years later....
Can you please provide a link to your delusional
claim? We both know whose generator set is on

country normalised.
open worry.

i have many ghanaian friends and they complain dialy about how there's no electricity and how it is been rationed
Re: Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria by emeka1101: 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
ugochukwu360: Why are most African presidents ugly? This man has a baggy nose.
That picture is the minister for power in Nigeria. Why are there sooo many ignorant people hear.Is it by force to comment ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire / CBN Lists Deposit Money Banks In Nigeria (see Full List) / Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.