Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,212 members, 7,839,121 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video (22171 Views)

BREAKING! Fulani Herdsmen Declare War On part of nigeria In A Released video / Boko Haram Burned Children Alive In Bornu; Over 100 People Killed / Tinubu Arrives Ooni Coronation In Newly Purchased Police Helicopter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Iriruaga100(m): 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
I'm not supprised...... It took them three weeks to make this video, after they meet their waterloo at kondunga. It's so clear that this video is a cut nd join one, and any one can pose as shekau even if u kill twenty of them.
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Abagworo(m): 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
The major reason Boko Haram is losing now is because the money meant to buy more weapons for them was seized in SA. About 9.3million Dollars. I won't be surprised if the story changes as soon as these obvious sponsors get the weapons they've been seeking through the black market.

2 Likes

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
atlwireles: [s][/s]

Lie about Boko haram again, and a hammer will come down your head. Stand and recite your pledge to Nigeria. You are now dismissed.
Your Phobia of Northerners will kill u faster than the alcohol u take. Gej Bokoharam are part of my Govt
Gej I know there sponsors there in my Cabinet.
Back off
Back off Child

1 Like

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by banki(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
there is a trend I noticed here on nairaland and I just want to ask?

Does being patriotic mean I should never ask questions, why is it that when anyone doubts the claim of the military here on nairaland you are labelled as an enemy of jonathan or enemy of the Nigerian military or a BH sympathiser.

I personaly feel we deserve more as a nation....our sss army police must sit up, they get paid to protect our lives and our nation, its sad that the impression I have about the security forces generally is that they are unserious, I say this because I only see them being serious when they are guarding one big man or politician, or when they are driving in one ogas convoy,Its shameful enough the claims and counter claimss on the war or the victory of those terrorists today they tell us they know where the girls are tomorrow they tell us another story....

I particularly ask myself how those boko boys got all those weapons,that means they passed through our borders, the customs immigration and army were probably too busy and forgot to check them, but they are so quick to arrest someone contesting for NFF election, they are busy buying u properties and land here in Abuja, they are busy harassing poor people instead of doing their work....

1 Like

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Jesusloveyou: 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
GEJTILL2019: check his face well...he is not shekau
yes,he is not shekau,both army picture and dis one is not shekau.
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Horus(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCjrR1d7uLM

[size=15pt]Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Releases New VIdeo, Says He's Alive![/size]

A new video released through the regular channels has shown his face, and he is vocally debunking the stories of his death, and he has added that he is still in the business of making a Caliphate out of Nigeria.

The AFP says the video is 36-minutes long.

“Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath,” Shekau cackled, adding that his administration was still “running…a Caliphate” and administering the punishments as prescribed by Sharia law.

There had been previous skepticism (by observers of the Northern insurgency) over the death of the man known as Shekau when it was reported last month.

In the new video, Shekau wore combat fatigues and black rubber boots, and he was standing on the back of a pickup truck, shooting into the air with his anti-aircraft gun.

It is unclear where the video was shot. He spoke for 16 minutes in two languages: Arabia and Hausa.

The heavily bearded man, who looks not unlike the previous Shekaus in older videos has rubbished the military’s claim that he had been killed, calling it propaganda.

“Nothing will kill me until my days are over… I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah,” he said, apparently reading from a script.

“It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.

“I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead,” he added, apparently referring to the destruction of the group’s mosque in the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, in 2009.

“We are running our caliphate, our Islamic caliphate. We follow the Koran… We now practice the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah,” he said.

The group also claimed to have shot down a Nigerian air force jet that went missing nearly three weeks ago.

An air force spokesman said the jet was missing.

“For any group to claim they shot it down is mere propaganda and rubbish,” Air Commodore Dele Alonge told AFP.
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by tonychristopher: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
That's had

That dude must be wizard of oz or the proverbial cat with so many life

Why has he refused to just die
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by tomiobj(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
onlyme12:

http://www.afp.com/en/node/2900293
date/time for evidence
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by madan(f): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
I feel this Abubakar guy is not real. They might just be playing pranks on the whole nation. Someone might just be on mask claiming to be Abubakar.
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by lonelydora: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
I WILL KEEP SAYING IT. TERRORISTS TAG A NAME WHICH ANYBODY CAN ASSUME IF ONE DIES. BUT ALL THE SAME (2ND )SHEKAU IS DEAD.
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by otokx(m): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
How many times will this man die?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips / Burial Photos Of Veronica, Abba Moro's Wife / Nobody Can Stop #EndSARS Anniversary Protest – Sowore Dares Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.