Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,195 members, 7,853,067 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:47 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1235051 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:53am On Jun 02, 2015
Dollyak:
Any news on the development of River Niger Bridge . This should be one of the priority mehn.
I will cover second Niger bridge and others by weekend

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 11:53am On Jun 02, 2015
asha80:
Uduokrika1 ibeto's issue with nkalagu cement was not about land itself but elechi's archaic thinking of domination

is it for those based in east or Lagos?

Onitsha and Aba based business men.
When you ask them, the excuse is that they want to use Emirates. Those of them that will still board Ethiopian in Lagos will tell you they prefer the bigger plane in Lagos than the one at Enugu. Which they have never used to begin with.

So how will Emirates,Lufthansa and all those excuses they mention, come to Enugu if nobody is ready to use an international airport in Igboland? Our people are sometimes truly silly.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nedu09:
[b][/b]

when sincere and pragmatic people talks, you don't need prophet to tell you... Pita Obi had done less than expected.. check out Ngige's project is over standard "bridge at premier brewery built by RCC" and can't be compared to what that brain and office man built.. check out.....
I don't know what you guys want to achieve with your lies, you guys propaganda can not change the facts on ground this is the current pix

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
cjrane:

When you ask them, the excuse is that they want to use Emirates. Those of them that will still board Ethiopian in Lagos will tell you they prefer the bigger plane in Lagos than the one at Enugu. Which they have never used to begin with.

So how will Emirates,Lufthansa and all those excuses they mention, come to Enugu if nobody is ready to use an international airport in Igboland? Our people are sometimes truly silly.
what?is this the mentality? What daft mentality in this? Or is it a case of semi literacy of most them?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
post=34345101:

I don't know what you guys want to achieve with your lies, you guys propaganda can not change the facts on ground this is the current pix

Part of the reason Ngige lost was telling blatant white lies. In fact, my in laws said Ngige started a road in Ozubulu,then left without completing it. Several years later into Obi's 2nd term, Peter Obi re-awarded and did the road. Ngige came and told them that he did the road and the youths almost stoned him. If Ngige had not lied and insisted on ways thing that can be done better, he could have had a better day if people believed he had a better plan on how to develop Anambra. But some of those Ngige supporters regretfully believe in lies and falsehoods as a political tool.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
Onitsha CBD

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Zonacom:
Kaita Signs For Gabros FC

By: SD Reporter on May 31, 2015.
Super Eagles fringe midfielder Sani Kaita has
joined newly promoted Nigeria Professional
Football League (NPFL) club Gabros FC on a
season loan deal.
Kaita, who disclosed this in an interview with
newsmen, said he was joining the club from
FC Saxan in Moldova because of the passion
and ambition of the club’s proprietor.
“It’s really interesting to play in the Glo
Premier League because that is where I
started.
“It’s very difficult but with focus and
determination I will succeed because I have
the quality to do that.
“The proprietor, Ifeanyi Ubah, told me how
he wants his club to be and I saw that he
has passion and ambition to improve the
game in all areas.
“That was what impressed me and I was
motivated to join the club.
“I hope the team will be successful,” Kaita
said.
He said he would be joining the team’s
camp this week after his short spell with
Enyimba International FC of Aba.
According to Kaita, Ubah is doing everything
possible to improve the team in and outside
the pitch just to ensure it finishes among the
top three in League.
Kaita expressed his optimism that the team
could lift the 2014/2015 league diadem if it
continued the way it was going.
He said he could extend the contract if
things work as planned.
“When someone is happy doing his work and
the team is progressing, why will he not
want to extend his contract but for now I
don’t know if I will extend or not,” he added.
Kaita has played for foreign clubs, including
Dutch side, Sparta Rotterdam, Monaco FC of
France and Greek club Olympiakos Nicosia.

I was following this report to be sure before posting here 'cos I heard Rangers are also on his neck for his signature. And even threatened to sue Gabros should they sign him claiming they already had an NDA with Sanni Keita before Money bag-Baba Olowo-Ite ego Ifeanyi Uba entered the deal!!!!!!

Let see how it goes, Rangers are currently in several cases with different soccer arbitration committees

FIFA/CAF- for Osagoana Ighodalo who moved to Esperance of Tunisia
NFF/LMC - Osas Okoro, Onoriode Odah, Stanley Okoro whom they bought from Heartland and now Sanni Keita.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
uduokirika1:

Buddah in as much I will agree with your clear cut stance, however i crave to indulge a caveat. Igbos are naturally home driven in all their investments but the enabling environment to do so is what we collectively lack.

If only you know what these industrialist go through before they can secure lands for such investment here in the east compared to other parts of the country. Just imagine Ibeto still struggling to lay hands on Niger cement morribond factory in Nkalagu where as Dangote has already taken custody of Ashaka , Ukpilla and Ewokoro. Obi jackson is currently in court for land claims for his energy company. Awka and Nnewi shopping mall at some point in time construction were stalled to enable aggrieved land-dragging parties settle amicably.

The enabling environment is what we should clamor for first and i tell you investors both indigenous and foreign will come on their own volition.

Bros that is why am saying there should be think-tank groups in Igboland advising our leaders, you know the reason now you have sold the idea to me and I have understaood everything, the next move is proffering solutions.

Like I said, Igboland is suffering unchallenged braindrain, most of us that know the solutions to the problems are not in Igboland, how do I get Obiano to speak to him when it will take me months to do so.

The problem with Nkalagu Cement is ignorance and hatred exhibited by the few in the state not a generic igbo thing after all the host communities welcomed Ibeto with open arms but Ebonyi politicians decided to bring the sentiments the brought out during Confab.
Do you follow the Confab and see the card Ebonyi played, it was similar card they played on Ibeto. I wonder a government that turn down investment in this world. Inasmuch as Chinese imperialism is sweeping the entire continent of African yet anytime a Chinese firm indicates interest in investing in Nigeria we started celebrating it, why Because hundreds of third world couuntries are offering tax haven to foreign investors to come but they are not trooping there.
Ebonyi rejected Ibeto Cement but how many coys have invested or indicated investing in the state since eight years, many states have better economic climate and infrastructures than Ebonyi but the politicians were blinded by hate to see beyond their noses.

The way lands are acquired in Anambra state for markets, I don't think if you settle the host communities that you will have any bottleneck to face, visit Harbour and see many coys and empty plots begging to be developed.

We igbo youths need to start being involve with our government, we know more than most them, though paucity of land in Igboland will always generate friction between different parties but many states in igboland are begging for investment.

We need serious think-tank that will channel their energy in the development of Igboland.

I was in Asaba last week and I wept about the number of death companies there, all the companies in Asaba that Osadabey built are not comatose, many people don't know how industrial Asaba is until you start moving towards Ogwashi Uku.

I like what Anambra did about setting up ANSIPPA and they are very serious with people of great credibility. Now how many states did this in SE, how many States have hosted an Economic Summit before in SE, how many states have organized a Private Sector Tour of the their states to inspect their economic potentials. How many states do market their tourism potentials to the outside world, how many states organize trade exhibitions in SE, do SE governor have a common goal??

We Igbo youths know more than many SE governors but how do we put our ideas across should be the next big things not having the ideas.

How do we get them to visit our online discussion groups and pages, how do we get their attentions, I have tweeted many times to Obiano but I have not gotten any reply, I have looking for Ugwuanyi's twitter handle but am yet to see.

How can I be allowed to meet the governor one on one and discuss developmental issues with him when I have no potbelly and my name rings no bell.

How do we meet them in person since getting them online is elusive,

SE governors are not doing enough to be sincere, they still display timidity and philistinism in handling administrative and government businesses.

~selah

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
asha80:
Uduokrika1 ibeto's issue with nkalagu cement was not about land itself but elechi's archaic thinking of domination

is it for those based in east or Lagos?

asha80 that was my stance, [size=18pt]WE[/size] both government, Individuals and communities must understand the collective efforts needed to steer the course of development!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by PAINGAIN: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
cjrane:

You are absolutely right about International airport access to thriving business.

Our people are really funny.We understand all these advantages of having a functional airport, we know the other parts of Nigeria had refused to have the airport in Igboland functional to deny us the advantages. Yet we refuse to patronize our own . We have the Enugu International airport almost idle, yet most of them prefer going to use the Lagos Intl. for the same trips to Dubai and China. If you add the cost of local flight from Asaba to Lagos to board the international flight, it is considerable. While they could easily board the same flight at Enugu and fly out directly at a lower cost.

Now tell me if that makes sense?
I don't think that is why we still use MMA. I think the issue is abt embassies. U have to get a visa first b4 u travel so I guess that's why a lot of people still go to lagos first. If there is a chinese embassy in enugu a lot of pple will use enugu airport instead of lagos while going to china.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
Update on Onitsha mall

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
cjrane:

I blame Enugu State government for inactivity in AIIA, they lack business acumen and they don't want to involve professionals.

Chime are co are behind it, average politicians without direction and sense of purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
PAINGAIN:
I don't think that is why we still use MMA. I think the issue is abt embassies. U have to get a visa first b4 u travel so I guess that's why a lot of people still go to lagos first. If there is a chinese embassy in enugu a lot of pple will use enugu airport instead of lagos while going to china.

Why not lure them to open it and take the advantage, why are there British Councils in Lagos and Kano but none in Enugu and Chime and co were there eating Okpa and chasing IMT girls.

Have seen where Enugu Tourism is advertised in National Dailies, many people in East doesn't know AIIA is an international airport now because nobody has done the selling to them, no info whatsoever

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
uduokirika1:

asha80 that was my stance, [size=18pt]WE[/size] both government, Individuals and communities must understand the collective efforts needed to steer the course of development!
in the 50s,60s and 70s a lot of communities in igboland were willing to giving land for anything that would bring development or as we used to say mmepe obodo but that attitude later changed..insincerity of govts had a hand in this

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
Onitsha mall

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Bros that is why am saying there should be think-tank groups in Igboland advising our leaders, you know the reason now you have sold the idea to me and I have understaood everything, the next move is proffering solutions.

Like I said, Igboland is suffering unchallenged braindrain, most of us that know the solutions to the problems are not in Igboland, how do I get Obiano to speak to him when it will take me months to do so.

The problem with Nkalagu Cement is ignorance and hatred exhibited by the few in the state not a generic igbo thing after all the host communities welcomed Ibeto with open arms but Ebonyi politicians decided to bring the sentiments the brought out during Confab.
Do you follow the Confab and see the card Ebonyi played, it was similar card they played on Ibeto. I wonder a government that turn down investment in this world. Inasmuch as Chinese imperialism is sweeping the entire continent of African yet anytime a Chinese firm indicates interest in investing in Nigeria we started celebrating it, why Because hundreds of third world couuntries are offering tax haven to foreign investors to come but they are not trooping there.
Ebonyi rejected Ibeto Cement but how many coys have invested or indicated investing in the state since eight years, many states have better economic climate and infrastructures than Ebonyi but the politicians were blinded by hate to see beyond their noses.

The way lands are acquired in Anambra state for markets, I don't think if you settle the host communities that you will have any bottleneck to face, visit Harbour and see many coys and empty plots begging to be developed.

We igbo youths need to start being involve with our government, we know more than most them, though paucity of land in Igboland will always generate friction between different parties but many states in igboland are begging for investment.

We need serious think-tank that will channel their energy in the development of Igboland.

I was in Asaba last week and I wept about the number of death companies there, all the companies in Asaba that Osadabey built are not comatose, many people don't know how industrial Asaba is until you start moving towards Ogwashi Uku.

I like what Anambra did about setting up ANSIPPA and they are very serious with people of great credibility. Now how many states did this in SE, how many States have hosted an Economic Summit before in SE, how many states have organized a Private Sector Tour of the their states to inspect their economic potentials. How many states do market their tourism potentials to the outside world, how many states organize trade exhibitions in SE, do SE governor have a common goal??

We Igbo youths know more than many SE governors but how do we put our ideas across should be the next big things not having the ideas.

How do we get them to visit our online discussion groups and pages, how do we get their attentions, I have tweeted many times to Obiano but I have not gotten any reply, I have looking for Ugwuanyi's twitter handle but am yet to see.

How can I be allowed to meet the governor one on one and discuss developmental issues with him when I have no potbelly and my name rings no bell.

How do we meet them in person since getting them online is elusive,

SE governors are not doing enough to be sincere, they still display timidity and philistinism in handling administrative and government businesses.

~selah

The highlighted basically is where we have to start. We need a general understanding of regional development by encouraging 'nearest neighbour' system (uto nwanne), that's why when the likes of Chino, Abagworo, Customize07, Freeglobe and co continue to attack one another then you know our future as a region is bleak and uncertain. This assertion simply put is basically my reservation for the clamour for BIAFRA 'cos the internal discord might eventually be our nightmare.!!!!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
asha80:
in the 50s,60s and 70s a lot of communities in igboland were willing to giving land for anything that would bring development or as we used to say mmepe obodo but that attitude later changed..insincerity of govts had a hand in this

Yeah you are right and the way forward is.....................................?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
post=34346315:
Onitsha mall

ji sie ike n'oru, but this our projects are taking long to complete oooh!!!! them never still finish the rooofing sef nawaooo

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
uduokirika1:

Yeah you are right and the way forward is.....................................?
govts should do exactly what they told the community or communities what the intended to do with the land before being acquired instead of diverting it's use

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by anitabeauty(f): 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
uduokirika1:

ji sie ike n'oru, but this our projects are taking long to complete oooh!!!! them never still finish the rooofing sef nawaooo

I would rather it take some time and deliver up a top quality end product like they are doing right now.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ikengawo: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
mensdept:

True talk. Its funny that after 16 years of democracy, with the Igbo-speaking states, including Delta and Rivers, that no city has made any world class transformation. Back in the 1980s, some Easterners were proposing building a city in the East, I think Obiaku city or so (an idea that I also heard was bororred by the fulani coup plotters when crafting Abuja) that would be modern and world class. But I guess when you have Udenwa, Egwu, Elechi, Ngige, Amaechi, Ibori, Orji Uzo Kalu and Theo Orji, your billions in state allocations doesn't see the light in the land of the rising sun

which one of our cities are fully developed that we're not looking for a new city? We don't need to get excited about everything. I actually don't like that idea

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
uduokirika1:

That is why I didn't comment on that nonsense, its taking you 1ooo years to build a 16000ft mall, when you will build a stadium it will take you 100000 millions years

Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
PAINGAIN:

After we get the embassies, then the excuse shifts to lack of sea port or the runway isn't long enough to land Boeing 747 and the never ending excuses continue. grin

What has amazed me more was that some prominent pro-Biafra dudes that I know were adamant that they won't use Enugu intl. because " it didn't meet up with the standard of Lagos and Abuja airports". So if we get Biafra, will they still have to land in Abuja and run back to the East? Our people are either insincere about what we want or we have the worst type of cluelessness.

Even if you make Port Harcourt or Uyo airport the best in the world, I doubt any Yoruba or Hausa man will take transport to Port Harcourt or Uyo just to fly out using the "best" runway or terminal building in the world. Being wise is different from being smart. Igbos are typically smart While our contemporaries in Nigeria are wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
uduokirika1:

I was following this report to be sure before posting here 'cos I heard Rangers are also on his neck for his signature. And even threatened to sue Gabros should they sign him claiming they already had an NDA with Sanni Keita before Money bag-Baba Olowo-Ite ego Ifeanyi Uba entered the deal!!!!!!

Let see how it goes, Rangers are currently in several cases with different soccer arbitration committees

FIFA/CAF- for Osagoana Ighodalo who moved to Esperance of Tunisia
NFF/LMC - Osas Okoro, Onoriode Odah, Stanley Okoro whom they bought from Heartland and now Sanni Keita.
Money talks, B.S walks. I pity rangers seriously. They appear to have a lotta problems of recent
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
Zonacom:

Money talks, B.S walks. I pity rangers seriously. They appear to have a lotta problems of recent

Rangers and court cases are like bread and butter, Remember Sunday Mba warri wolves - Rangers brouhaha or is it that with 3sc that cost them their confederations cup title!!! imagine the club that was beaten home and away by Rangers ended up winning the CAF confederation cup after Rangers was disqualified!!!!!!! isn't that ironic?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
uduokirika1:

The main building have been covered just outside, I'm 100% sure the mall will be ready before Sept this year, please I believe you reside in Nnewi can you update us with Nnewi mall pix?

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Macelliot(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
We the Igbo Nation should sue the Nigerian Govt. to International Criminal Court for the Civil war Genocide...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
post=34349159:

The main building have been covered just outside, I'm 100% sure the mall will be ready before Sept this year, please I believe you reside in Nnewi can you update us with Nnewi mall pix?

Access to the Nnewi mall is highly restricted due to its proximity to the ever busy Nkwo Nnewi market coupled with the fact that the site is also fenced makes pictorial data unpalatable. However, i'll try see if i can access any of the nearby storey buildings to get some captures.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by PAINGAIN: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
cjrane:

After we get the embassies, then the excuse shifts to lack of sea port or the runway isn't long enough to land Boeing 747 and the never ending excuses continue. grin

What has amazed me more was that some prominent pro-Biafra dudes that I know were adamant that they won't use Enugu intl. because " it didn't meet up with the standard of Lagos and Abuja airports". So if we get Biafra, will they still have to land in Abuja and run back to the East? Our people are either insincere about what we want or we have the worst type of cluelessness.

Even if you make Port Harcourt or Uyo airport the best in the world, I doubt any Yoruba or Hausa man will take transport to Port Harcourt or Uyo just to fly out using the "best" runway or terminal building in the world. Being wise is different from being smart. Igbos are typically smart While our contemporaries in Nigeria are wise.
I am not making excuses but merely pointing out a reason why people still for one reason or the other use mma instead of enugu. We just got enugu airport upgraded to int'l status. I believe that with time igbos will start using the airport more and with comes the embassies/or consulates. I for one will use ethiopian air next time I'm coming back home bcus I want to land in enugu. I also know that a lot of diasporans r really happy about that and they use enugu now instead of lagos. It'll work out fine.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:

That is why I didn't comment on that nonsense, its taking you 1ooo years to build a 16000ft mall, when you will build a stadium it will take you 100000 millions years

Mtcheeeew

Slow and steady it could be completed on schedule. Everything boils down to money at Government's disposal and this era is not rosy.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2015
Abagworo:

Slow and steady it could be completed on schedule. Everything boils down to money at Government's disposal and this era is not rosy.

Am running out of patience seeing Igboland develop to my satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 7:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
You are not needed here on this thread with your comments however good and rosy. I mentioned you. Pls check it right now

Abagworo:

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.