Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,488 members, 7,847,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1233621 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
chinolization:
Her name is Ifeoma but she was called Iphie. She has a Ghanaian father and an Igbo mother. I am really hurt right now because I have given her lift on a number of occasions while she was working at Awka Silverbird. Then I was still single, thank goodness we didn't go intimate if not it could have hurt me harder.

so so so sad..... she was a close friend too, we've lost another finest from silverbird. she was a gem. R.I.P. Iphie. we miss you.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
Eziokwu nwanne m
SilverSurfer:
I thought you should've known who chino is by now. Hes psychopathic and has a false sense of personal worth. We ndi anambra should ostracize chino cos it's apparent hes not happy about the progress and sanity of this thread. Hes gradually pushing away people that would have made this thread a fun with his attitude. I have come to believe that he thrives in the atmosphere of strife. Hes an enemy in the garb of a friend. Peace.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
chinolization:
Yes, that's him.

@investnow2013, so you want Obiano to become VP by force. cheesy

more than that,only if He can prove himself by taking Anambra-State to another level!......Look! we don't have any Airport in Anambra-The Land of Igbo Indigenous Business!,which made the Vepee to land in Asaba which is a City in Another State!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
chinolization:
Dr Willie Obiano received vice president in Onitsha today on his working visit to commiserate with the victims of the petrol tanker explosion in the city.

It is good sign that APC is ready to govern when they pay attention to issues in non APC controlled states. My fear about Buhari had been if he makes the mistake of treating Nigeria as APC vs. others.

Nigeria is a complex multi ethnic, multi religious country. It will be a mistake to think of Nigeria simply as APC or non APC.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 1:40am On Jun 04, 2015
chinolization:
Anambra has boundary with Edo at the north(water boundary), has boundary with River at the South, has boundary with Abia and Imo at far south, has boundary with Enugu state at the east, has boundary with Delta at the west(water boundary, has boundary with Bayelsa though a tiny water boundary and Kogi at the far north.

Edo

Rivers

Delta

Bayelsa

Abia

Imo

Enugu

Kogi

Bia nwokem, ur lies are becoming too epic for my liking. Remove bayelsa and edo (and to some extent rivers) from that list.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:41am On Jun 04, 2015
levelszik:
Bia nwokem, ur lies are becoming too epic for my liking. Remove bayelsa and edo (and to some extent rivers) from that list.

Hard to believe but trully Anambra have borders with Edo as for Bayelsa my hand no dey.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 4:19am On Jun 04, 2015
I will show you a map

levelszik:
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ACM10: 6:24am On Jun 04, 2015
chinolization:
I will show you a map

2hrs gone, yet no map. . .hmmm
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 6:43am On Jun 04, 2015
ACM10:

Some maps show Oguta farmlands as part of Anambra therefore seeming like boundary with Rivers. Maybe because the land is narrow they consider it invisible. That of Edo and Bayelsa are lies.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:31am On Jun 04, 2015
Abagworo:

Some maps show Oguta farmlands as part of Anambra therefore seeming like boundary with Rivers. Maybe because the land is narrow they consider it invisible. That of Edo and Bayelsa are lies.

Anambra has boundary with Rivers it is no lie.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:42am On Jun 04, 2015
Rivers State is one of the 36 states of Nigeria. According to census data released in 2006, the state has a population of 5,185,400, making it the sixth-most populous state in the country.[3] Its capital, Port Harcourt is the largest city and is economically significant as the centre of Nigeria's oil industry. Rivers State is bounded on the South by the Atlantic Ocean, to the North by Imo, Abia and Anambra States, to the East by Akwa Ibom State and to the West by Bayelsa and Delta states. It is home to many indigenous ethnic groups: Ikwerre, Ibani, Opobo, Okrika, and Kalabari, Etche, Ogba, Ogoni, Engenni and others.[4]

The inland part of Rivers state consists of tropical rainforest; towards the coast the typical Niger Delta environment features many mangrove swamps.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 04, 2015
Anambra have no boundary with Edo and Bayelsa.

Edo state don't even share River Niger with us, its Delta and Kogi are sharing Niger with us at upper Niger.

Anambra have boundary with Rivers but its tiny so sometimes catographers don't cover it but it does exist. They share it with Oguta Imo State on the left and Rivers on the right down lower Niger
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 8:00am On Jun 04, 2015
Now, this is what I don't like. Why is EFCC harassing Mr Ifeanyi Uba? Was he the only Fuel Subsidy Crook. Verifiable evidence showed that we had more Petroleum Mafias in the NorthWest and South West than the rest of Nigeria put together
Why haven't they invited Femi Otedola, Wale Tinubu, Tukur, Dantata, Adenuga already. The sudden re- awakening of Mr Ibrahim Larmorde to his job as EFCC boss looks more like one desperate to keep his lucrative post
Ibos should not keep quite. Buhari should be ready to fight corruption evenly. Before he goes after Peter Obi, T. A Orji, Orji Uzo Kalu and Elechi, he should consider Tinubu, Ali Modu Sherif, Murtala Nyako, Uduaghan first

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 8:22am On Jun 04, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Anambra have no boundary with Edo and Bayelsa.

Edo state don't even share River Niger with us, its Delta and Kogi are sharing Niger with us at upper Niger.

Anambra have boundary with Rivers but its tiny so sometimes catographers don't cover it but it does exist. They share it with Oguta Imo State on the left and Rivers on the right down lower Niger
Anambra boundary with Rivers is not that small, it is about 8miles stretch.
With Edo, it is a river boundary about 1.4 miles length, the reason why our boundary with Edo is most times ignored is because of the tiny Island communities up there that one cannot really say where they claim to be placed. Sometimes, they claim Kogi, Delta, Edo or Anambra depending on the circumstance. You find them in the civil service of any of the above States

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 8:27am On Jun 04, 2015
Clown leave here. We do not need any of ur contributions. Don't cry when I will start on the imo thread. Stop being a nuisance here.

Anambra has more boundaries with Rivers than it has with ur imo. It also has boundaries with Edo(River boundary) and Kogi among others.

Abagworo:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 8:34am On Jun 04, 2015
Okay, you have just corroborated what I said earlier. Ndoni in Rivers and Ogbaru in Anambra has so much in common because its like crossing the fence then u are on the other community.

Cuche:

Anambra boundary with Rivers is not that small, it is about 8miles stretch.
With Edo, it is a river boundary about 1.4 miles length, the reason why our boundary with Edo is most times ignored is because of the tiny Island communities up there that one cannot really say where they claim to be placed. Sometimes, they claim Kogi, Delta, Edo or Anambra depending on the circumstance. You find them in the civil service of any of the above States
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 10:35am On Jun 04, 2015
chinolization:
Clown leave here. We do not need any of ur contributions. Don't cry when I will start on the imo thread. Stop being a nuisance here.

Anambra has more boundaries with Rivers than it has with ur imo. It also has boundaries with Edo(River boundary) and Kogi among others.

The problem with you onyeigbo is that you claim to know my own land more than me. Oguta has boundary with Delta State and Anambra. I wrote earlier that some maps fail to put that into consideration by omitting our strip of land and giving a wrong impression of an Anambra/Rivers boundary.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2015
Shut up Ikwerre clown. I have told u to get out from here, u will soon find what u are looking for.

I don't care where ur imo state has boundaries, its not my concern and it will never concern me. Just go and focus on ur state.

Anambra has boundaries with the following states: Rivers, Edo,Delta,Kogi, Abia and Enugu state.

Abagworo:

The problem with you onyeigbo is that you claim to know my own land more than me. Oguta has boundary with Delta State and Anambra. I wrote earlier that some maps fail to put that into consideration by omitting our strip of land and giving a wrong impression of an Anambra/Rivers boundary.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 10:47am On Jun 04, 2015
chinolization:
Shut up Ikwerre clown. I have told u to get out from here, u will soon find what u are looking for.

I don't care where ur imo state has boundaries, its not my concern and it will never concern me. Just go and focus on ur state.

Anambra has boundaries with the following states: Rivers, Edo,Delta,Kogi, Abia and Enugu state.

http://www.nigerdeltanews.com/anambra-decides-obis-successor-saturday/

By Olawale Olaleye, Chuks Okocha, Charles Onyekamau and
Emeka Osondu

After weeks of intense campaigns by governorship candidates
from 23 political parties, the 1,784,536 registered voters in
Anambra State will today decide who will administer the affairs of
the state for the next four years.

Today’s election, which is seen as a straight contest between the
All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), All Progressives
Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Labour
Party (LP), has 23 candidates contesting to succeed incumbent
Governor Peter Obi.

To ensure a hitch-free election, all entry points into the state
would remain closed as from 6pm Friday to Sunday. Already,
security had been beefed up at the Asaba, Onitsha boundary and
Enugu, Awka boundary and the Oguta boundary.

The commercial city of Onitsha was calm as Police and other
security agencies were seen patrolling the streets. Also, people
were seen making last minute purchases, as the markets and all
commercial outlets would be closed today, while movement would
also be restricted.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 11:00am On Jun 04, 2015
Trash. It still doesn't change the fact that Anambra has nothing in common with your state not boundary not culture neither tradition.

These are states Anambra has boundaries with-Rivers, Edo,Delta,Kogi, Abia and Enugu state.

Stop forcing urself on us. Let us identify our differences.

[s]
Abagworo:

http://www.nigerdeltanews.com/anambra-decides-obis-successor-saturday/

By Olawale Olaleye, Chuks Okocha, Charles Onyekamau and
Emeka Osondu

After weeks of intense campaigns by governorship candidates
from 23 political parties, the 1,784,536 registered voters in
Anambra State will today decide who will administer the affairs of
the state for the next four years.

Today’s election, which is seen as a straight contest between the
All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), All Progressives
Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Labour
Party (LP), has 23 candidates contesting to succeed incumbent
Governor Peter Obi.

To ensure a hitch-free election, all entry points into the state
would remain closed as from 6pm Friday to Sunday. Already,
security had been beefed up at the Asaba, Onitsha boundary and
Enugu, Awka boundary and the Oguta boundary.

The commercial city of Onitsha was calm as Police and other
security agencies were seen patrolling the streets. Also, people
were seen making last minute purchases, as the markets and all
commercial outlets would be closed today, while movement would
also be restricted.
[/s]

Anambra boundary with Rivers

Rivers State is one of the 36 states of Nigeria. Its capital is Port Harcourt. It is bounded on the South by the Atlantic Ocean, to the North by the Anambra, Imo and Abia States, to the East by Akwa Ibom State and to the West by the Bayelsa and Delta States.

The inland part of Rivers state consists of tropical rainforest; towards the coast the typical river delta environment features many mangrove swamps. Rivers state was part of the Oil Rivers Protectorate from 1885 till 1893, when it became part of the Niger Coast Protectorate. In 1900 the region was merged with the chartered territories of the Royal Niger Company to form the colony of Southern Nigeria.http://www.ngex.com/nigeria/places/states/rivers.htm

Anambra boundary with Edo state

The area is approximately 1928193 square kilometers. The topography of the state is generally low-lying rising gradually towards the north with the somorica hill at 600 meters being the highest point.
Rivers Ikpoba, Orhionmwon, and Osse dissect the Benin lowland, while rivers Edion, Orle, and Owan runs between the Ishan plateau and the kukuruku hills. River Niger flows along the easternmost part of the state and is a major means of transportation and commerce.

Edo state share a common boundary with kogi and Anambra states to the East,kwara state to the north, ondo state to the west and Delta state to the south. http://www.edoworld.net/EdotourismLoca.html
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2015
ACM10:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 11:34am On Jun 04, 2015
^^^
With the above illustration i think Chino is right.
Now enough of the arguments!
I remember Edo was among the states contesting the ownership of the oil wells at the Anambra Kogi boundary. So its still possible that Anambra shares a little boundary with Edo state

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 11:41am On Jun 04, 2015
chinolization:
Trash. It still doesn't change the fact that Anambra has nothing in common with Imo state not boundary not culture neither tradition.

These are states Anambra has boundaries with-Rivers, Edo,Delta,Kogi, Abia and Enugu state.

[s][/s]

I am not interested in anything up there apart from possible plans of land grab on your part.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2015
chinolization:
Trash. It still doesn't change the fact that Anambra has nothing in common with your state not boundary not culture neither tradition.

[s][/s]

Why not connect our State with Delta & Edo by building another bridge on the northern end of the State!. This can cut journey time to Lagos or Abuja by half! & Open another trade route!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2015
You are just a looser. Go to your state thread before you get what you are looking for! I have warned you!

I have told you we have nothing in common with you people. You better live with that!

Abagworo:

I am not interested in anything up there apart from possible plans of land grab on your part.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2015
There is already a federal highway being constructed to link Anambra-Kogi-Abuja. You may have heard of Otuocha-Ibaji-Abuja federal highway, it is presently under construction..

investnow2013:
Why not connect our State with Delta & Edo by building another bridge on the northern end of the State!. This can cut journey time to Lagos or Abuja by half! & Open another trade route!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:53am On Jun 04, 2015
chinolization:
There is already a federal highway being constructed to link Anambra-Kogi-Abuja. You may have heard of Otuocha-Ibaji-Abuja federal highway, it is presently under construction..

I mean Edo & Delta states!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 11:55am On Jun 04, 2015
Its a waste of resources because there is an existing Niger bridge to connect to those states and also second Niger bridge is already in the offing..

But people also do connect to those communities via speed boats. I saw them sometime the day I went to 3-3 area that was when I captured this picture..

investnow2013:
I mean Edo & Delta states!

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2015
investnow2013:

River Niger at that Northern boundary is narrow and divided by lands as a result we don't need a big budget bridge to connect Anambra to Kogi State.
Thinking about regional emancipation, that bridge will enhance commence and increase the trade volumes, what I mean is that instead of Northern traders from Kogi, Nassarawa, Gombe, Benue and Taraba going to Lagos to buy goods, they will head to the much closer Onitsha
The same way I am thinking that SE Governors should meet and find a way of getting a high grade road cutting from Akwa*Ibom deep sea port across Abia to Anambra. Such that we will not have need of moving our containers from Lagos

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
Cuche:

River Niger at that Northern boundary is narrow and divided by lands as a result we don't need a big budget bridge to connect Anambra to Kogi State.
Thinking about regional emancipation, that bridge will enhance commence and increase the trade volumes, what I mean is that instead of Northern traders from Kogi, Nassarawa, Gombe, Benue and Taraba going to Lagos to buy goods, they will head to the much closer Onitsha
The same way I am thinking that SE Governors should meet and find a way of getting a high grade road cutting from Akwa*Ibom deep sea port across Abia to Anambra. Such that we will not have need of moving our containers from Lagos
deep sea port yet to materialize?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
asha80:

The biggest disaster/blunder my GEJ's administration. He was advised to wait until his second term!!!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
asha80:
AKS has money building the port will not be any challenge for them. It is high time our region began to think out of the box. They should start planning. Tell AKS Government why they should complete that sea port and they will deliver
They've always been part of us, stood firmly by us during the civil war even when our brothers from Rivers State chickened out
The Oba of Lagos brouhaha is an eye opener

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.