Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1228606 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
AnambraDota:

Ide nna, ifurukwara uru ogwu ego bara, Okwute gworuru ogwu ego a na isi nnoo.

Obi's legacy lingers on....IFE PETER OBI MEELU UMU OMANBALA ERIKA...EKENE AYI DI NA BE OLISEBULUWA.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
AnambraDota:

ANSUTH is million times better than NAUTH, this is why am rooting for a weak central, government is very closer to the people in the state level.

You mean tempsite of NAUTH. I heard NAUTH is about to commission their massive permsite at the outskirts of Nnewi. ANSUTH is looking very beautiful though.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
AnamCity:

You mean tempsite of NAUTH. I heard NAUTH is about to commission their massive permsite at the outskirts of Nnewi. ANSUTH is looking very beautiful though.

Never knew, the last time I passed through there was in 2013, where is the permsite located, Udokirika can you help us eloborate about the NAUTH permsite let's know how things are moving there.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GstringAngela(f): 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
AnambraDota:

I bought all these from the market, you ingrates receive allocations from the Niger Delta Oil n Gas without gratitude.

Parasites and leeches
i also get my PMS and my DPK from the Gas station. I pay for them too. The last time i checked, anambra is not in the Niger Delta. Anambra is not even an Oil producing state. The oil wells you are bragging over, belong to Kogi state, another Northern state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GstringAngela(f): 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

What are you on about? Are processed from those agricultural products shared among the states?
YES
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
APGA national headquarter Awka flagged off 3months ago this is the stage of work, Mr brothers and sisters Willie is working

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
GstringAngela:
i also get my PMS and my DPK from the Gas station. I pay for them too. The last time i checked, anambra is not in the Niger Delta. Anambra is not even an Oil producing state. The oil wells you are bragging over, belong to Kogi state, another Northern state.

Imo and Abia are Niger Delta and am Okay with that, we must not be producing while your beggarly and almajiriac governors always come to Abuja with their empty and rusty bowls to collect monthly allocation to provide roads and water for you.

Since you buy your PMS you also build your roads and provide your own secuity.

Leeeeches

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
GstringAngela:
may your Larnyx and Trachea get obstructed; may you Esophagus get blocked; may you choke on your food anything you consume Beans, Red Pepper, Beaf, Onions, Millet, Tomatoes, Sorghum, Potatoes or any other staple from Northern Nigeria.

Ungrateful Nyamiri Sod

[size=14pt]My abooki friend getting angry because the truth was spoken,
Please, Which part of the lion share that goes to Kano, Katsina, Kaduna, borno, or even Abuja was derived from selling beans, tomatoes, sorghum, millet or even Nama as you will have us believe? Shebi abookis pockets all the money they make selling all these goods to southerners, while they still turn around and insist on grabbing the lion share of oil which God gave to others that don't have massive fertile land?
Lets examine this lie a little bit and see how the money from beans and millet has contributed one penny into the federation account. So if i plant maize after receiving improved seeds from Federal government, received the fertilizers free from Federal government, then i harvest my Maize, sell it and pocket 100% of the money, i can still claim the money i made and pocketed 100% is part of my contribution to the Nigerian federation account and should get a lion share of whatever is being shared?
The agricultural produce are only useful when they are exported and foreign exchange earned from them goes in the Federation account. This had NEVER happened in the history of Nigeria. the northerners will NEVER allow their agricultural money to enter the federal account and be shared with the southerners. So why are you insulting the person that spoke the naked truth? Just asking.....
[/size] grin

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
More from greenwood city
Estates are springing up

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

[size=14pt]My abooki friend getting angry because the truth was spoken,
Please, Which part of the lion share that goes to Kano, Katsina, Kaduna, borno, or even Abuja was derived from selling beans, tomatoes, sorghum, millet or even Nama as you will have us believe? Shebi abookis pockets all the money they make selling all these goods to southerners, while they still turn around and insist on grabbing the lion share of oil which God gave to others that don't have massive fertile land?
Lets examine this lie a little bit and see how the money from beans and millet has contributed one penny into the federation account. So if i plant maize after receiving improved seeds from Federal government, received the fertilizers free from Federal government, then i harvest my Maize, sell it and pocket 100% of the money, i can claim the money i made and pocketed is part of my contribution to the Nigerian nation?
The agricultural produce are only useful when they are exported and foreign exchange earned from them goes in the Federation account. This had NEVER happened in the history of Nigeria. So why are you insulting the person that spoke the naked truth? Just asking,
[/size]
I think agricultural products known as cash crops were exported during the regional era in the 40s 50s and 60s before oil became the main foreign exchange era after the civil war
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
FKO81:
More from greenwood city
Estates are springing up
landscaping must be done with all seriousness in this place because of the terrain

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
GstringAngela:

You get your DPK and PMS from the gas station and pay for it but your state gets a share of the proceeds from the sale of cruse while Anambra doesn't receive a dime from the sale of those agricultural produce.

By the way, Anambra produces 2,500 barrels of oil per day grin

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Green wood residents should expect 247 power from newly installed 132/33 KVA power sub station

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
asha80:
I think agricultural products known as cash crops were exported during the regional era in the 40s 50s and 60s before oil became the main foreign exchange era after the civil war

Yes, before independence, groundnuts, palm oil and cocoa were exported and the FG got 50% of the money while the regional governments had the other 50%. Today, all the money the FG has pumped into agriculture, all the respective northern states have quietly ursuped. yet, they are rolling over themselves fighting to take even the 13% derivation given to the Niger Delta states! ....and each time you ask them their contribution into the money they are fighting and killing people to get the lion share, they quote export of goats, onions and maize into southern Nigeria as their right to cheat! As if anyone but themselves have benefitted one penny from all that money derived from agriculture!

Infact, the south is cheated because the food in Nigeria is 73% more expensive than other west african countries according to FAO reports. Yet, many farm inputs as fertilizers were given to them subsidized by the tax payers through the federal ministry of agriculture!

Only God will save Nigeria from the greed of the north. But, i will quickly add that it is the southerners that have contributed in their own slavery by being so divided.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
More from the station

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by badnature: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
but when will anambra people stop this nonsense of building every where in lagos and Abuja ? unu a madukwa na that place aburo alaigbo.this nonsense is too much so one need to explain to them that one Nigeria is not for igbos alone if the federal government and other tribes don't invest in our region we too should be sensitive enough to stop investing in other places it's as simple as that ndi anambra,imo,enugu unu anugo? ununwa ka o kanjo nisi biko nu

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
Women development center Awka

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
badnature:
but when will anambra people stop this nonsense of building every where in lagos and Abuja ? unu a madukwa na that place aburo alaigbo.this nonsense is too much so one need to explain to them that one Nigeria is not for igbos alone if the federal government and other tribes don't invest in our region we too should be sensitive enough to stop investing in other places it's as simple as that ndi anambra,imo,enugu unu anugo? ununwa ka o kanjo nisi biko nu

Inferiority complex and tactless attitude were main reasons for that behavior. I must say our people's psyche is gradually improving. You can count the number of Igbo families that no longer regard living in Kaduna or Lagos as automatic status symbol to easily give out their daughter in marriage to such characters.
I remember when people spoke Hausa and Yoruba to their village people as a sort of status symbol to prove they have lived in Funtua or iseyin. Just imagine how far our psyche has improved. Someday, those that build in Lagos and Abuja to prove they are big men, while they have huts in their villages will realize their folly.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by meccuno: 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
If I may ask,why are the governors in the east not investing in sports? All I see are infra structural development like roads and bridges and not looking at the economic benefits of sports in the long run? There are so many youths who probably are not engaged actively that would benefit from these sort of programmes.......apart from direct foreign investment or igbo people investing in the east I think sports would solve a lot of problems......I saw ifeanyi ubas football pitch and I wasn't impressed at all.......he is a billionaire.....he can do better than that........

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by meccuno: 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
If I may ask,why are the governors in the east not investing in sports? All I see are infra structural development like roads and bridges and not looking at the economic benefits of sports in the long run? There are so many youths who probably are not engaged actively that would benefit from these sort of programmes.......apart from direct foreign investment or igbo people investing in the east I think sports would solve a lot of problems......I saw ifeanyi ubas football pitch and I wasn't impressed at all.......he is a billionaire.....he can do better than that........ Wonder why we don't have men who give something tangible to the society...........

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
[s]
Igbonazy:

I would be very surprised if they listen. I noticed that most Anambra VIPs have since stop visiting this disgraceful page. Am currently rerouting some to a great Igbo page i discovered on facebook.

Some people dont like unity,the more you try to unite, the less productive they become as if their existence depends on primitive competition.
IgboNazi will cease operating on this page soon
[/s]nansense

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
meccuno:
If I may ask,why are the governors in the east not investing in sports? All I see are infra structural development like roads and bridges and not looking at the economic benefits of sports in the long run? There are so many youths who probably are not engaged actively that would benefit from these sort of programmes.......apart from direct foreign investment or igbo people investing in the east I think sports would solve a lot of problems......I saw ifeanyi ubas football pitch and I wasn't impressed at all.......he is a billionaire.....he can do better than that........

South East is the poorest region interms of FG allocation, the have high recurrent expenditure due to population and school enrollment.
That was what Peter Obi saw and decided to hand over schools to missionaries and use the money saved to build roads and renovate schools, hospitals.

Investing in sports is good but SE governors can't afford such luxeries now because sports in Nigeria is for charity not profit making.
What I don't like is lack of multiple sports in East, football is the only sports. No Basketball Club is based in East, no cricket club, no golf course, no track n field team is home to East, we don't even host tennis or boxing touneys.

Am happy that Rojenny hosted AFN Diamond League recently but East need more variety of sports to engage the youth.

I wish Baseball and basketball popular in East, our youths need to be busy and creative, we lacked these during our time so we have known the importance so no need denying the younger ones the beauties of that.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
I think Imo used to have Grasshopper Handball Team in Owerri, what happened to the team, used to follow them then.

If you go to Oleh and see hockey field there you will marvel, just that all these sports doesn't produce millionaires and internationals, they just for past time

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 8:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
AnambraDota:
I think Imo used to have Grasshopper Handball Team in Owerri, what happened to the team, used to follow them then.

If you go to Oleh and see hockey field there you will marvel, just that all these sports doesn't produce millionaires and internationals, they just for past time
grasshoppers were sponsored by state govt..i dont buy govt sponsoring sports

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
AnambraDota:

South East is the poorest region interms of FG allocation, the have high recurrent expenditure due to population and school enrollment.
That was what Peter Obi saw and decided to hand over schools to missionaries and use the money saved to build roads and renovate schools, hospitals.

Investing in sports is good but SE governors can't afford such luxeries now because sports in Nigeria is for charity not profit making.
What I don't like is lack of multiple sports in East, football is the only sports. No Basketball Club is based in East, no cricket club, no golf course, no track n field team is home to East, we don't even host tennis or boxing touneys.

Am happy that Rojenny hosted AFN Diamond League recently but East need more variety of sports to engage the youth.

I wish Baseball and basketball popular in East, our youths need to be busy and creative, we lacked these during our time so we have known the importance so no need denying the younger ones the beauties of that.
From what I heard the next big projects Gov Willie want to flag off are sport complex and Cago airport, once these major projects going on are delivered, the contractors that was handling the sport complex during Ngige has been paid off.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
FKO81:

From what I heard the next big projects Gov Willie want to flag off are sport complex and Cago airport, once these major projects going on are delivered, the contract that was handling the sport complex during Ngige has been paid off.

What do we need a Cargo Airport for in Anambra State ?

Why can't the money be used to daulize most of the roads in Onitsha and Nnewi instead of embarking on another jamboree of an airport

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
Dp
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nwanne am sorry but if there is anything we have ever needed more than anything it is the ongoing Anambra International Cargo / Passenger Airport. While this is ongoing, road projects can as well go on side by side as it is already being done. Investors can never take you seriously without aviation facilities in your state.

AnambraDota:

What do we need a Cargo Airport for in Anambra State ?

Why can't the money be used to daulize most of the roads in Onitsha and Nnewi instead of embarking on another jamboree of an airport

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
FKO81:

Guy i don't know your intention for posting that picture, which i don't know where you got it from, this is not the Greenwood city road I went to.
This is greenwood city road, very long dual-carriageway
That place is very big!! the one you posted is one the many entrances, this one is connects to british spring college look at the school at far down the road.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
cjrane:

Inferiority complex and tactless attitude were main reasons for that behavior. I must say our people's psyche is gradually improving. You can count the number of Igbo families that no longer regard living in Kaduna or Lagos as automatic status symbol to easily give out their daughter in marriage to such characters.
I remember when people spoke Hausa and Yoruba to their village people as a sort of status symbol to prove they have lived in Funtua or iseyin. Just imagine how far our psyche has improved. Someday, those that build in Lagos and Abuja to prove they are big men, while they have huts in their villages will realize their folly.
Anambra People got the message now that's why we are determined to turn Anambra-State into something better than Lagos in a very short time!.Investments in Universities, Refineries, Airport, Stadium,Better Housing Estates, Shopping Malls, Industries, Agricultural investments, Regional Banks,Headquaters of our industries in the East etc etc!!! are all part of it!.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 12:18am On Aug 04, 2015
AnambraDota:

Never knew, the last time I passed through there was in 2013, where is the permsite located, Udokirika can you help us eloborate about the NAUTH permsite let's know how things are moving there.

The Permanent Site of the Hospital is at Umudim Nnewi though shares borders with Ozubulu and Ezinifite. But can be described as one year one block imagine a project started since 2000. Though some projects within the premises have been completed including the Unizik college of Health sciences while some are at different. Stages of completion. Currently. Works are ongoing on the iinternal roads.

As for relocating from the temp site to d perm site I don't know how soon it will be 'cos a lot have to be done to enhance the landscape aesthetics!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 12:23am On Aug 04, 2015
uduokirika1:

The Permanent Site of the Hospital is at Umudim Nnewi though shares borders with Ozubulu and Ezinifite. But can be described as one year one block imagine a project started since 2000. Though some projects within the premises have been completed including the Unizik college of Health sciences while some are at different. Stages of completion. Currently. Works are ongoing on the iinternal roads.

As for relocating from the temp site to d perm site I don't know how soon it will be 'cos a lot have to be done to enhance the landscape aesthetics!

NAUTH permanent site with completed structures

Picshures P-l-e-a-s-e!!! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.