Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1230304 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nochi247: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
investnow2013:
On The Car Park Investments...... It Can be Mostly Underground Car Parks or Muilti-Storey Car Parks in other to save Land!..... These Investments can be completed within 7 Months with govt or private money!.The internal revenue of Anambra State will increase immediately with the completion of these investments.......Obiano the 'Akpokuodike of Aguleri' I Hope You are reading this!.Pix(1&2)An Underground Car Park. Pix(3&4) A Muilti-Storey Car Park!.
Do you think we've come to that stage yet? even Abuja has nothing like this yet.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by obayaya(m): 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Here's a more concise reporting of the news

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/obiano-denies-obis-n75-billion-handover/

patrick89, cuche, spacetour, obayaya, alfred5, yeske2, tabletman1

The report did not deny the 75 billion handover.. Obiano is only saying it wasn't liquid cash.. I can't recall Obi saying he left Liquid cash to a tune of 75 billion..

And that 186 billion debt? LMAO.. That sounds like a drowning Obiano clutching at straws...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nochi247:
Do you think we've come to that stage yet? even Abuja has nothing like this yet.
Do we have to wait for Abuja before we solve our problem or invest in a high yielding venture in Anambra State?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
investnow2013:
Do we have to wait for Abuja before we solve our problem or invest in a high yielding venture in Anambra State?
I always wonder why our people think of Abuja as a standard. If you look at Abuja as a standard, you will never do anything productive because Abuja is all about spending much more for much less. If the amount of money spent in Abuja had been spent in say Cape town, that city will be bigger than Los Angeles.

We should learn from cities as Gaborone, Kigali, Nairobi etc. These cities have progressed immensely with a fraction of what has been spent in Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nochi247:
You have forgotten already that Anambra State is the Light of not just Nigeria,but the Whole black race!. There are shortages of Modern Car Parks & Highrise Office complexes in & arround Onitsha!. Awada & Ugwuagba layout Obosi with a population of 1 to 1.5 Million people needs a Food or General goods Market or Business Centre with Underground Car Park!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Why should Abuja be the yardstick for any Igbo state? We are talking of emulating countries in the developed world and doing our best to catch up with them & even surpass them, yet all you can think of is a third world city like Abuja.

Nochi247:

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
investnow2013:
You have forgotten already that Anambra State is the Light of not just Nigeria,but the Whole black race!. There are shortage of Modern Car Parks & Highrise Office complexes in & arround Onitsha!. Awada & Ugwuagba layout Obosi with a population of 1 to 1.5 Million people needs a Food or General goods Market or Business Centre with Underground Car Park!.

My biggest take is the expansion of Onitsha to open up more areas for development. We must adopt the method where peripheral areas of the city have been opened up for development. Three major dual carriage ways axis should enter Onitsha along its three major axis from Nsugbe, from Awka and from owerri.

The biggest problem we have is lack of linear expansion for development. I have advocated for a few bridges and roads to open up Onitsha along these axis. We must open up new areas of Onitsha for development and stop crowding up the already built up main market area. Onitsha must be able to develop along it 3 axis of Onitsha to 33 area, Onitsha to Ihiala and Onitsha to Awka axis.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

I always wonder why our people think of Abuja as a standard. If you look at Abuja as a standard, you will never do anything productive because Abuja is all about spending much more for much less. If the amount of money spent in Abuja had been spent in say Cape town, that city will be bigger than Los Angeles.

We should learn from cities as Gaborone, Kigali, Nairobi etc. These cities have progressed immensely with a fraction of what has been spent in Abuja.
Some of these people are too myopic in their thinking that's why it is difficult for a nation like Nigeria to progress!.Onitsha as a City can be better than Abuja if necessary improvements is done to its environment which including roads,Linking most of the roads/streets with proper roundabouts,Dualize most the major roads,Build more Underpass & overhead bridges,Street lighting,Planting ornamental plants on the roads/houses,changing some old roof tops,Repainting most of the buildings,Build more Highrise houses for office Accomodations,Modern Car Parks,Well planned transport system, complete the Airport at Umuleri etc. You will see more people coming to Onitsha than Abuja!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
Malawian:

you are an idiot.

is it today that igboland developed such topography? is igboland the only place on earth with such topography?

when did this erosion thing start? before or after the war?

what causes erosion? is it not run-off?

i am saying the bombs loosened our soil strata, making it easier for rains and winds to run it off, you are here talking about topography?

na today igboland begin exist? or na today rain begin fall for there?

abeg, go and collect your school fees from your alma mater.

engineering geology is only a 3 unit course for us. the same couse you spent 4 years fooling around for in the polytechnic or something you attended.

ode.

i dont insult people's mother, so i will let your last sentence slide, but i don KIV you.

U don't insult people moda but insult the fada. wat an inconsistent fool..

the bedrock determine the type of soil in an area.

the soil in d south east is losely cemented and is highly oxidized. that's why it's easily weathered and eroded.

erosion is a natural disaster which can be controlled.

stop Ur beer parlour rumour about bomb.

you 're embarrassing educated people with such talk.

thank God u said u 're trained civil engineer. and not practicing..

I wonder how many unfortunate situation u would have caused.

see mumu with Ur level of understanding u should 've read Igbo. U say engineering geology. yet u say we study it for four years. How do we do dat wen engineering geology is a course under geology.

ur moda is still an idiotu though.

for not advising u to study Igbo. or. something Ur brain can carry.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
obayaya:

The report did not deny the 75 billion handover.. Obiano is only saying it wasn't liquid cash.. I can't recall Obi saying he left Liquid cash to a tune of 75 billion..

And that 186 billion debt? LMAO.. That sounds like a drowning Obiano clutching at straws...

Amb Adichie Izuchukwu
ONLY THE UNSHACKLED KNOWS THE TRUTH.
THANKGOD I HAVE BEEN UNSHACKLED.
Hon Eneh Victor Chigozie says:
The 75billion naira denial: the moment of truth.
It is time analysts begin to look critically at the position of Obi and Obiano on the 75billion naira state fund which has become a subject of controversy between the two.
A closer look at the press statements made by both sides yesterday, one will begin to note discrepancies especially on the area of foreign dollar investment. While Valentine Obienyem claimed it was $156m, Obiano said it is $155m.
So where is the $1m? Who deducted it?
Again, while Obiano claimed that the foreign currency investment has depreciated from $155m to $132m, Valentine Obienyem in his reaction cliamed that the investment has rather appreciated from $156m to $176m gaining $20m as at Friday, November 13, 2015.
However, since Obiano has started talking, he should explain further if the foreign currency investment is $155m or $156m. $1m difference is a huge amount of money and shouldnt be diverted. Again financial market analysts should come in to determine if this foreign currency investment has appreciated from $156m to $176m as claimed by Obi or depreciated as claimed by the state govt. $20m difference can complete all the abandoned projects.
APGA Interactive Forum will make further enquiries to expose the dollar differences being disputed on this foreign currency investment.
Pls read the two positions of Obi and Obiano below and make ur own analysis;
According to the SSG, the Obiano administration was yet to assess the $155m foreign currency investment the state made in Eurobonds and other foreign denominated securities held with Access Bank, Fidelity Bank and Diamond Bank and that given the current decline in Nigeria capital markets, this portfolio of Eurobonds had a market value of approximately $132m (26.4B) reflective of prices dated September 21, 2015. “If Anambra State Government (ANSG) were to liquidate the portfolio, the state would incur a US $ loss of US $32m (14.8%) a Naira loss of N100M, respectively”. ~ SSG to Obiano
"On the area of diminished value of the foreign currency investment, Obienyem said it was a clear lie. Obienyem challenged them to make the calculation public for financial experts to debunk or better still set up a Committee to do proper analyses. His words: "They should know that the dollar investment is to be held till maturity. It is not to be sold and I hope somebody is not salivating to sell them. As at Friday, the money, originally $156m is now $ 176m dollars. This means it has gained $20m dollars (over 8 billion Naira). This is not guess work but financial exactitude any expert can figure out", ~Valentine Obienyem.
Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia Nzewi Nnanna Nadis Avan Ezewuzie Vincent O Ezechukwu Ifechukwu Oforkansi Rtn Ifeanyichukwu Ifeadinmesi Aniagoh Bonaventure Mokwe Nwankwo Justin Amakaeze Francis
19 mins · BlackBerry ·
Privacy: Public
Add Photos · More
Comment
Ifechukwu Oforkansi
Amb, ur yet to subcribe to d original unshackling. Stop chasing shadow
Unlike · 1 · Reply · Delete · Report · 17 minutes ago
1 reply
Bonaventure Mokwe
It is a development that is beneficial to the suffering youths and the poor masses. The culture of secrecy with our state finances is dead. We need to now make it a culture of being provided with expenditure details and with that, total economic salvation is on the way.
Unlike · 1 · Reply · Delete · Report · 14 minutes ago
Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia
Anambra People continue to fire in Anger over Gov Obiano's denial ...

By Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia.

Emmanuel Mmeje wrote :

"Obiano is guilty as charged,

if he discovered that there were discrepancies in the handover note he was give and decides to keep mute I have no sympathies for him,

if he is telling us that he just discovered it after two years in office, then I think it's time ICAN and other accounting organisations he claimed to be a member of look in to how he got his certificate.

And I think fidelity bank and Texaco and all the other organisations he has worked should revisit all the accounts he handled while working with them"
Chai Anambra cannot be taken aback by this govt.

#‎Correction2017‬

Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia©2015

Awka,Anambra State.

Unlike · 1 · Reply · Delete · Report · 13 minutes ago
Amb Adichie Izuchukwu
Ifechukwu Oforkansi senator! There's no original UNSHACKLING PROJECT as the one I'm a TEAM MEMBER.

The one I'm toiling day and night, praying and fasting to make sure that Frozen mind got Unfreezen before UNSHACKLING take over.

Youths have spoken!

Like · 1 · Reply · Edit · 10 minutes ago
Ifechukwu Oforkansi
Ambassador extraordinary, time shall tell. Definition nd action are two different things.
Like · Reply · Delete · Report · 3 minutes ago

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1663945750511925&id=100006895475654&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1663945750511925%3Atl_objid.1663945750511925%3Athid.100006895475654%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1448956799%3A-3303501145836597417

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
^^^^

Take your hate off this thread please

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Feraz(m): 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nochi247:
Actually, we do not have to wait for Abuja to do something like this before we kick it off. It can generate money and also make the state less congested with cars leaving more land for other purposes. They can start off in Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nochi247: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
investnow2013:
I'm not saying that we must wait for Abuja, but a baby has to crawl before running and not the other way round. We must set priority right, first thing first. Are all our roads motorable now ? The so called high yielding venture may not yield that much if our roads are not in good shape. The more the smooth a road is, the more people would want to buy and drive their own private cars thereby causing the car parks to enjoy more patronages. That's my point. We may start with park and pay currently going on in PH, Lagos and Abuja, then we can take it up from there.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nochi247:
I'm not saying that we must wait for Abuja, but a baby has to crawl before running and not the other way round. We must set priority right, first thing first. Are all our roads motorable now ? The so called high yielding venture may not yield that much if our roads are not in good shape. The more the smooth a road is, the more people would want to buy and drive their own private cars thereby causing the car parks to enjoy more patronages. That's my point. We may start with park and pay currently going on in PH, Lagos and Abuja, then we can take it up from there.
You can not call Anambra State a baby simply because we are suggesting that it should build a Car Park which will not cost much money & which will create jobs & help to improve internally generated revenue!.I don't believe that a State like Anambra State should use most of his money in building roads without ventures that are much needed & will immediately improve the financial health of the state & it's citizens!.Do you know why some states are struggling?..... It is simply that they spend most of their budgets on building roads thereby neglecting high yielding & mass employing ventures which will cost unemployment in their respective state to barest minimum!.Building roads are good but most not take 90% of your budget simply because you want people to start praising you!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
we are in almighty mess! if this 186billion is true! Obiano wants to steal money!! he is diverting attention! he is planning to steal money for campaign and champagne! I don't hate obiano, and I would not want him to go! but he needs to stop this blame game with peter obi! it's stale and inconsequential! we don't want to hear your story!! we demand good governance and accountability!! I don't want to join issues with FreeGlobe, coz I'm not abagworo or chino11!! I'm just concerned about my state, Anambra state! obiano should not play with us oooh..

here are what we should demand from obiano.
he should list those works that have gulped that amount! he should be able to provide the state and level of the projects! we are not market women, the prof should not come and confuse us with figures!
Anambra state annual budget is not even up to that amount!! I'm suspecting sharp practice here! well I'm waiting for valentine obienyem to release his own report.

we will raise this matter on odenigbo people's parliament on odenigbo 99.1 fm obosi!!

Obiano has never addressed us, the citizen since he came on board!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
Peter Obi and Willie Obiano (Anambra Governors1999-2015) are not saints, they're not devil........ Using Delemomodu for Rotimi Amechi.

In Anambra you don't fight the gods and remain alive ask Mbadinuju, ask Ngige!!! Who's Obiano in Anambra Politics? He's just a hand picked! I'm not against him....Though he's trying his best to give us what we voted for.....but that was at the beginning...at a stage, he felt that his popularity has reached heaven, he decided to test his 'chi'

I'm not praising obi, I'm not anybody's supporter.
I'm only interested in good governance, I don't sing praises.
Willie,must give us the break down of this contract details because, 'he who allege must prove'

Anambra must be better !!!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
patrick89:
we are in almighty mess! if this 186billion is true! Obiano wants to steal money!! he is diverting attention! he is planning to steal money for campaign and champagne! I don't hate obiano, and I would not want him to go! but he needs to stop this blame game with peter obi! it's stale and inconsequential! we don't want to hear your story!! we demand good governance and accountability!! I don't want to join issues with FreeGlobe, coz I'm not abagworo or chino11!! I'm just concerned about my state, Anambra state! obiano should not play with us oooh..

he should list those works that have gulped that amount! he should be able to provide the state and level of the projects! we are not market women, the prof should not come and confuse us with figures!
Anambra state annual budget is not even up to that amount!! I'm suspecting sharp practice here! well I'm waiting for valentine obienyem to release his own report.

we will raise this matter on odenigbo people's parliament on odenigbo 99.1 fm obosi!!

Valentine has done. So.

O ya read After reading you've to scroll b4 this your. Particular post to read the detail analysis of both.

75 Billion Naira Cash and Investment, Obi’s Aide calls for a Committee

Following the denial by Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra State after two years of handover, that he did not receive any 75 Billion Naira cash and investment from his predecessor, Mr. Peter Obi, Obi’s Media aide, Valentine Obienyem has called for a committee to investigate the matter even as he advised Anambra Government to concentrate on showing Anambra people what they have invested for them or projects executed rather than dancing around another man’s investment for the State.
In a statement to the press, Obienyem expressed shock that Anambra Government just realised after two years that what was handed over to them was not as stated.

During a press conference on Saturday, Gov. Obiano, speaking through the Secretary to the State Government, Prof Solo Chukwulobelu said he only received “9 Billion Naira cash and 26 Billion Naira ‘near cash’ from his predecessor.’ He also said he inherited over 100 Million owed contractors on different contracts in the State.

Obienyem who said the word “Near cash” was alien to him as well as to all the experts on money, called on Anambra State Government to explain what they meant by that. He asked whether by “near cash”, they mean they received an unknown money or perhaps, Biafran pounds.

Obienyem said that the issues raised by Anambra State Government were weighty that professional organisations such as the Association of Accountants from Anambra should independently set up a Committee and investigate the true position of Anambra finances and report back to Anambra people. “I am saying this because for two years they said nothing until they plan to massively borrow money from the banks. I am aware that Obi left as follows: 27 Billion Naira in local currency investment; 26.5 Billion Naira in foreign currency investment; 28.1 Billion Naira in Certified State/ MDS balances.” Obienyem stated that he was aware that Mr. Obi has all the certified bank balances of Anambra State accounts in different banks as at the 17th of march, 2014, the day of handover, to warrant anybody trying to misrepresent facts on that. He wondered what would have happened to all the money Obi left if he was not professional enough to have documentary evidence.

On over 100 Billion Anambra State Government said they inherited from Obi, Obienyem said it was unfair for Anambra State Government to say such a thing. “When Obi became Governor, he completed both Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju and Dr. Chris Ngige’s contracts such as Otuocha, Umuchu-Owelle-Ezukala, Awka Etiti roads. He also started from the scratch some like the Zik’s Avenue, Ebenebe roads that were awarded by his predecessor. In his own case, Obi did not owe a single contractor before leaving office. He paid for all the certificates generated on already awarded contracts. I do not know if the present Government at Awka is saying that he ought to pay for all awarded contracts, whether completed or not.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 1:21am On Nov 16, 2015
alfred5:

Valentine has done. So.

O ya read After reading you've to scroll b4 this your. Particular post to read the detail analysis of both.

Following the denial by Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra State after two years of handover, that he did not receive any 75 Billion Naira cash and investment from his predecessor, Mr. Peter Obi, Obi’s Media aide, Valentine Obienyem has called for a committee to investigate the matter even as he advised Anambra Government to concentrate on showing Anambra people what they have invested for them or projects executed rather than dancing around another man’s investment for the State.
In a statement to the press, Obienyem expressed shock that Anambra Government just realised after two years that what was handed over to them was not as stated.

During a press conference on Saturday, Gov. Obiano, speaking through the Secretary to the State Government, Prof Solo Chukwulobelu said he only received “9 Billion Naira cash and 26 Billion Naira ‘near cash’ from his predecessor.’ He also said he inherited over 100 Million owed contractors on different contracts in the State.

Obienyem who said the word “Near cash” was alien to him as well as to all the experts on money, called on Anambra State Government to explain what they meant by that. He asked whether by “near cash”, they mean they received an unknown money or perhaps, Biafran pounds.

Obienyem said that the issues raised by Anambra State Government were weighty that professional organisations such as the Association of Accountants from Anambra should independently set up a Committee and investigate the true position of Anambra finances and report back to Anambra people. “I am saying this because for two years they said nothing until they plan to massively borrow money from the banks. I am aware that Obi left as follows: 27 Billion Naira in local currency investment; 26.5 Billion Naira in foreign currency investment; 28.1 Billion Naira in Certified State/ MDS balances.” Obienyem stated that he was aware that Mr. Obi has all the certified bank balances of Anambra State accounts in different banks as at the 17th of march, 2014, the day of handover, to warrant anybody trying to misrepresent facts on that. He wondered what would have happened to all the money Obi left if he was not professional enough to have documentary evidence.

On over 100 Billion Anambra State Government said they inherited from Obi, Obienyem said it was unfair for Anambra State Government to say such a thing. “When Obi became Governor, he completed both Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju and Dr. Chris Ngige’s contracts such as Otuocha, Umuchu-Owelle-Ezukala, Awka Etiti roads. He also started from the scratch some like the Zik’s Avenue, Ebenebe roads that were awarded by his predecessor. In his own case, Obi did not owe a single contractor before leaving office. He paid for all the certificates generated on already awarded contracts. I do not know if the present Government at Awka is saying that he ought to pay for all awarded contracts, whether completed or not.

[size=14pt]I supported Peter Obi during his tenure as governor, but he should SHUT UP and allow Obiano to execute his programs.

Whether he left $1 or $20 billion dollars, it is still Anambra's money and NOT HIS PERSONAL MONEY !.
Therefore, he should support Obiano to succeed instead of the childish unnecessary bickering.

Just as we supported Obi against those willing to frustrate Anambra's development just to spite Peter Obi as the governor then, we completely support Willie Obiano against Obi's riff raff's trying to stifle development of Anambra because Obiano is the governor.
ANAMBRA IS BIGGER THAN ANY SINGLE POLITICIAN OR GROUP'S INTEREST.[/size]

i am personally disappointed that Peter Obi can be so petty to rubbish his esteemed reputation by arguing this silly issue in the public purview. It is really sad that Obi has lost his strategic thinking to not knowing what to ignore. He should complete his newfound silliness by responding to newspaper opinions too.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Gamechanger: 2:49am On Nov 16, 2015
obayaya:

The real issues here are:

1. Why were Peter Obi's supporters shouting all over the state that Peter Obi left N75b in cash when they knew he didn't and why shouldn't Gov. Willie Obiano set the records straight knowing fully well that with the recent upsurge in the circulation of the lies on the social media more people will buy into them thereby putting the government in a tight corner?

2. Why shouldn't Gov. Willie Obiano tell Anambrarians the liabilities handed over to him when Peter Obi's acolytes are all over the place claiming that all contracts had been paid for before Peter Obi left the government?
[b]
NOW HAVE WE REALLY TAKEN STOCK OF THE LIABILITIES (OR LANDMINES) LEFT FOR WILLIE OBIANO BY THE LAST ADMINISTRATION

1. 186b ongoing contracts.

2. Elected Local Government Chairman and Councillors (Something that wasn't there in the last 15 years).

3. More than 10,000 recruited into the state civil service (Again neither former Gov. Peter Obi nor his predecessors carried out any recruitment during their tenure. Yet Peter Obi recruited workers at the end of his tenure and handed them over to Willie Obiano)
[/size][size=8pt]

I strongly believe that Gov. Willie Obiano wouldn't have minded the Peter Obi minions all over the place if not for the fact that his efforts at providing democracy dividends for our people even in the face of the cash crunch presently facing all the states in the Federation is not being appreciated by most people who have bought into the 'phantom N75b cash left' and 'all contracts sum paid' propaganda.

In essence, what the propagandists would want us to believe is that whatever good we see today must be attributed by Mr. Peter Obi and any failure we experience must be attributed to Willie Obiano which far from the truth!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 3:01am On Nov 16, 2015
alfred5:

Valentine has done. So.

This valentine obienyem like most Peter obi sycophants on his direct payroll are just plain idiotic and unintelligent. We are discussing a serious topic here and he is talking Biafran pounds. Is this how he wants to defend obi on this matter? Now we will rest over this issue of 75 billion nonsense. The truth is that having no substantial projects to show for his 8 years tenure, Peter obi went to press to distract the obiano government and Anambra people with a phantom 75 billion naira nonsense whereas in the real sense of it, he received more financial assets from Ngige than what he left for his predecessor. smh

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 3:07am On Nov 16, 2015
patrick89:

you already gave your self out with the bold. You dont want to hear how peter was playing a fast one on Anambra people but you want to blame obiano. You are not concerned about Anambra State. You are a learner. Swerve

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 3:26am On Nov 16, 2015
OreMI22:

[size=14pt]I supported Peter Obi during his tenure as governor, but he should SHUT UP and allow Obiano to execute his programs.

Whether he left $1 or $20 billion dollars, it is still Anambra's money and NOT HIS PERSONAL MONEY !.
Therefore, he should support Obiano to succeed instead of the childish unnecessary bickering.

Just as we supported Obi against those willing to frustrate Anambra's development just to spite Peter Obi as the governor then, we completely support Willie Obiano against Obi's riff raff's trying to stifle development of Anambra because Obiano is the governor.
ANAMBRA IS BIGGER THAN ANY SINGLE POLITICIAN OR GROUP'S INTEREST.[/size]

i am personally disappointed that Peter Obi can be so petty to rubbish his esteemed reputation by arguing this silly issue in the public purview. It is really sad that Obi has lost his strategic thinking to not knowing what to ignore. He should complete his newfound silliness by responding to newspaper opinions too.

Few weeks after he handed over to Obiano, Obi himself confessed his N75 billion was not liquid cash but some investments he made for Anambra over his 8 years tenure.

i am hoping Peter Obi will retrace his steps quickly from this path of self destruction.

Obiano is still respecting him, that is why he has not exposed some serious corruption scandal under Obi to EFCC.

Buhari will be too glad to confiscate his Abuja mall and deal with him as another "GEJ era corrupt official"

I have always supported Peter Obi, but he is truly digging his own grave now.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Gamechanger: 3:32am On Nov 16, 2015
I know many Peter Obi's supporters (I am one of his supporters but definitely not one in this because he is wrong) will not be happy with the recent development wherein Gov. Willie Obiano has stated the true position of things as regards what he was handed over in terms of assets and liabilities. They would have rather have only their voices heard in the media (online/offline) to the detriment of our amiable hardworking Governor. But we must hammer it into every ear. Let everybody make his own deduction and decision.

Previously it was:

1. He was handed over more than N75b that it why he was able to do small work but now he has squandered the whole N75b

Now:

1. We know that the Governor was not working and has never worked with any phantom N75b.

Previously it was:

2. Peter Obi paid for all the contracts he awarded. He even paid upfront for the ones to be awarded by Willie Obiano (ridiculous you may say but enter Willie's bus from Awka to Onitsha and I bet you will hear it from a person or two by the time an argument ensues at the bad section of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway between Awkuzu and Umunya)

Now:

2. We know that the total liabilities arising from contracts awarded by the previous administration is N186b which the Governor is managing to settle alongside contracts awarded by his own administration.

THE DIVIDING LINE
1. All parties are in agreement that Peter Obi left assets but the question is how much and are there liabilities?
2. All parties are in agreement that Peter Obi did a lot of commendable works as Anambra governor just like all commend Ngige for the indelible imprints on our roads but Willie Obiano's giant strides should not be attributed to Peter Obi's phantom N75b or 'fully paid contracts' just like we did not allow Ngige to take the undeserved credit of the UNIZIK Junction pedestrian bridge, which though was initiated by him was constructed by Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Gamechanger: 3:44am On Nov 16, 2015
Cjrane2:

Few weeks after he handed over to Obiano, Obi himself confessed his N75 billion was not liquid cash but some investments he made for Anambra over his 8 years tenure.

Obi is not the main problem. Some of his supporters are. Even when it is clear that the said N75b was not cash, they took to facebook and other social media platforms proclaiming the almighty N75b which Willie Obiano has allegedly squandered and even daring Gov. Willie Obiano to speak upif they were not saying the truth. Then the Gov. stated the true position and added that he also inherited ongoing contract liabilities of N186b and all hell was let loose.

All discerning Anambrarians should not also be surprised about the size of the ongoing contract liabilities because we know the frenzy with which contracts were awarded during the 2013 guber campaign (which actually worked in favour of APGA and Willie Obiano) and also towards the end of the last administration.

It is left for God to decide Peter Obi's political future in Nigeria. We all pray for the best for him for the general interest of Ndigbo but he must tell call his misguided supporters to order. All these fight at home aint doing his image no good. You cant spend 8 years as governor and then be fighting a 20 months old Governor as if you and him na mate, do you want to contest for governor again?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 4:04am On Nov 16, 2015
Gamechanger:

Obi is not the main problem. Some of his supporters are. Even when it is clear that the said N75b was not cash, they took to facebook and other social media platforms proclaiming the almighty N75b which Willie Obiano has allegedly squandered and even daring Gov. Willie Obiano to speak upif they were not saying the truth. Then the Gov. stated the true position and added that he also inherited ongoing contract liabilities of N186b and all hell was let loose.

All discerning Anambrarians should not also be surprised about the size of the ongoing contract liabilities because we know the frenzy with which contracts were awarded during the 2013 guber campaign (which actually worked in favour of APGA and Willie Obiano) and also towards the end of the last administration.

It is left for God to decide Peter Obi's political future in Nigeria. We all pray for the best for him for the general interest of Ndigbo but he must tell call his misguided supporters to order. All these fight at home aint doing his image no good. You cant spend 8 years as governor and then be fighting a 20 months old Governor as if you and him na mate, do you want to contest for governor again?

i am not ashamed to call myself a peter obi supporter, but this needless quarrel with the incumbent governor is going to cost him dearly unless he quickly grows some common sense and retrace his steps.

Peter Obi should learn from GEJ that has quietly stayed out of Buhari's way and allowed Buhari to execute his programs the way he sees fit, without unnecessary quarrels. Even when Buhari said the treasury was empty.

If peter Obi attempts to act like the Obasanjo of Anambra state, that must tutor others on how they must rule, after he completed his own 8 years tenure without undue interference, he will live to regret why he took such silly action

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nochi247: 6:24am On Nov 16, 2015
Cjrane2:

i am hoping Peter Obi will retrace his steps quickly from this path of self destruction.

Obiano is still respecting him, that is why he has not exposed some serious corruption scandal under Obi to EFCC.

Buhari will be too glad to confiscate his Abuja mall and deal with him as another "GEJ era corrupt official"

I have always supported Peter Obi, but he is truly digging his own grave now.
You think corruption started and ended with GEJ administration? You and Buhari must be jokers.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nochi247: 7:32am On Nov 16, 2015
investnow2013:
You can not call Anambra State a baby simply because we are suggesting that it should build a Car Park which will not cost much money & which will create jobs & help to improve internally generated revenue!.I don't believe that a State like Anambra State should use most of his money in building roads without ventures that are much needed & will immediately improve the financial health of the state & it's citizens!.Do you know why some states are struggling?..... It is simply that they spend most of their budgets on building roads thereby neglecting high yielding & mass employing ventures which will cost unemployment in their respective state to barest minimum!.Building roads are good but most not take 90% of your budget simply because you want people to start praising you!.
I didn't call Anambra state a baby, I just gave an instance. Besides, Anambra, like most states in Nigeria is still growing or do you think we've gotten all the infrastructures we need? If you think that's what we need at the moment, so be it, I just don't want us putting the cart before the horse.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2015
alfred5:
Peter Obi and Willie Obiano (Anambra Governors1999-2015) are not saints, they're not devil........ Using Delemomodu for Rotimi Amechi.

In Anambra you don't fight the gods and remain alive ask Mbadinuju, ask Ngige!!! Who's Obiano in Anambra Politics? He's just a hand picked! I'm not against him....Though he's trying his best to give us what we voted for.....but that was at the beginning...at a stage, he felt that his popularity has reached heaven, he decided to test his 'chi'

Willie,must give us the break down of this contract details because, 'he who allege must prove'

obiano is a big fraud,can't wait for 2018 to kick him out....can someone tell me any project he initiated and completed?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2015
Kingsley1000:
[s]obiano is a big fraud,can't wait for 2018 to kick him out....can someone tell me any project he initiated and completed?[/s]
This APC charlatan again.. smh

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by obayaya(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2015
Gamechanger:

The real issues here are:

1. Why were Peter Obi's supporters shouting all over the state that Peter Obi left N75b in cash when they knew he didn't and why shouldn't Gov. Willie Obiano set the records straight knowing fully well that with the recent upsurge in the circulation of the lies on the social media more people will buy into them thereby putting the government in a tight corner?

2. Why shouldn't Gov. Willie Obiano tell Anambrarians the liabilities handed over to him when Peter Obi's acolytes are all over the place claiming that all contracts had been paid for before Peter Obi left the government?
[b]
NOW HAVE WE REALLY TAKEN STOCK OF THE LIABILITIES (OR LANDMINES) LEFT FOR WILLIE OBIANO BY THE LAST ADMINISTRATION

1. 186b ongoing contracts.

2. Elected Local Government Chairman and Councillors (Something that wasn't there in the last 15 years).

3. More than 10,000 recruited into the state civil service (Again neither former Gov. Peter Obi nor his predecessors carried out any recruitment during their tenure. Yet Peter Obi recruited workers at the end of his tenure and handed them over to Willie Obiano)
[/size][size=8pt]

I strongly believe that Gov. Willie Obiano wouldn't have minded the Peter Obi minions all over the place if not for the fact that his efforts at providing democracy dividends for our people even in the face of the cash crunch presently facing all the states in the Federation is not being appreciated by most people who have bought into the 'phantom N75b cash left' and 'all contracts sum paid' propaganda.

In essence, what the propagandists would want us to believe is that whatever good we see today must be attributed by Mr. Peter Obi and any failure we experience must be attributed to Willie Obiano which far from the truth!

186 billion ongoing projects? Haba..

Sometimes you need to think things through... How possible is it for a man who spent all his years as Governor perfecting prudent resource management strategies will award contracts worth 186 billion?

Let's put this in perspective.. 186billion is more than Anambra's 1 year budget..

The undisputed fact is this... Obi left 75 billion worth of cash and investments... That's the crux of this argument..

Bringing 186 billion liability into the equation is just an image laundering strategy by Obiano's team. A very bad one at that.
One that's capable of derailing the gains Anambra has made in recent years...

People close to Obiano should advise him... Governance is a serious business not a _dick measuring contest..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by obayaya(m): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2015
alfred5:

I support the emboldened.. Enough of all the these claims and counter claims..

Obiano should put the facts on the table.. Maka Odi mma Anambra
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2015
obayaya:

186 billion ongoing projects? Haba..

Something you need to think things through... How possible is it for a man who spent all his years as Governor perfecting prudent resource management strategies will award contracts worth 186 billion?

Let's put this in perspective.. 186billion is more than Anambra's 1 year budget..

The undisputed fact is this... Obi left 75 billion worth of cash and investments... That's the crux of this argument..

Bringing 186 billion liability into the equation is just an image laundering strategy by Obiano's team. A very bad one at that.
One that's capable of derailing the gains Anambra has made in recent years...

People close to Obiano should advise him... Governance is a serious business not a _dick measuring contest..
undisputed fact according to obayaya and obi. lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.