Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1229854 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
investnow2013:
On going erosion control work at Awka

This is the erosion site behind Amaenyi Girls Secondary School Awka, this massive erosion is threatening many buildings along Onwumbiko street by Cherubim Headquarters in Awka.

Even as revenue accruing to the state continue to dwindle due to fall in oil prices Gov Willie Obiano has so far done his best to maintain financial stability Anambra state is reverend for.

Anambra has some serious erosion challenges....Obiano got some mad work to do...I pity the guy.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
I don't understand the NAUTH bruhaha. Afterall, Meterlurgical Training Institute Onitsha is situated in my home town, Obosi, while NTA Awka is situated in Enugwu-Agidi.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Anambra has some serious erosion challenges....Obiano got some mad work to do...I pity the guy.

^^^ This erosion problem has been left to fester for decades! Meanwhile, in the north the federal gov't is attracting foreign aid and billion dollar investments into dams, all-season farming irrigation and desertification control!

I heard your President soon after his inauguration talking about plans to try and restore Lake Chad to its former size by diverting a river towards it; and we've not yet started on the hundreds of millions of dollars so far spent in the Lake Chad basin prospecting for oil.....kinda like attempting to squeeze water from a stone!

Just a fraction of these monies is needed to mitigate/fix the erosion problem in the South East! I doubt this problem would have deteriorated to this level if DR M I Okpara stayed longer and then handed over to a like -minded successor!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Most of them are man made!.Prevention is always better than cure!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Obu-Gad Ground, Enugwu Aguleri

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
Obu Gad Ground Enugwu Aguleri

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
All these erosion happen because our area has high volume of rainfall and our people hate vegetation cover such as trees which has protected the erosion prone soil for centuries.

We must go back to planting trees and grasses massively in our land. We must begin by planting trees and flowers along the major roads so that our people will begin once more to value the importance of nature in the environment. It is sad when i see a massive building without any flowers or trees in the compound. They make the entire compound a cement floor. Just unfortunate our people don't appreciate the beauty of blending natural plants, palm trees and flowers around a beautiful concrete house.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
M

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
investnow2013:
Most of them are man made!.Prevention is always better than cure!

^^^There's this website i posted the link a few years back....it showed old pics from colonial Nigeria! A few of the pics showed some white people posing for pics at a Nanka gully erosion site.....and this was in the early 60s i think!

Besides the issue of our soil type, i think a huge part of the problem is our disregard for the environment and the attendant indiscriminate felling of trees! I'm sure all those areas would have been thick jungle even as recent a time as the reign of Queen Victoria or the period in which the fictional character of Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart lived!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2015
WIZGUY69:

in the whole of iboe land?, shocked
11 storey is the tallest building??
why is SE so underdeveloped

So tower blocks are the sole sign of development?!

Please go to school.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
Cjrane2:
All these erosion happen because our area has high volume of rainfall and our people hate vegetation cover such as trees which has protected the erosion prone soil for centuries.

We must go back to planting trees and grasses massively in our land. We must begin by planting trees and flowers along the major roads so that our people will begin once more to value the importance of nature in the environment. It is sad when i see a massive building without any flowers or trees in the compound. They make the entire compound a cement floor. Just unfortunate our people don't appreciate the beauty of blending natural plants, palm trees and flowers around a beautiful concrete house.

^^^Good points!

The current half-hearted piecemeal approach by gov't wouldn't yield any long lasting results though! I think this is -at the very least- a billion dollar project! It would have to be given to a reputable civil engineering company like Julius Berger, and involve the use of satellite images as part of the initial survey works; huge earth movement; constructing embankments; and maybe a few foot bridges as the icing on the cake!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by WIZGUY69(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
[[s]quote author=Promhize post=40011254]
So tower blocks are the sole sign of development?!
Please go to school. [/quote][/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
Cjrane2:

Tree planting should be a must in Anambra State if we are to prevent further damages to the environment!. Obiano should make sure that every house in Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka etc should plant at least 2 trees in their compound!.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^ This erosion problem has been left to fester for decades! Meanwhile, in the north the federal gov't is attracting foreign aid and billion dollar investments into dams, all-season farming irrigation and desertification control!

I heard your President soon after his inauguration talking about plans to try and restore Lake Chad to its former size by diverting a river towards it; and we've not yet started on the hundreds of millions of dollars so far spent in the Lake Chad basin prospecting for oil.....kinda like attempting to squeeze water from a stone!

Just a fraction of these monies is needed to mitigate/fix the erosion problem in the South East! I doubt this problem would have deteriorated to this level if DR M I Okpara stayed longer and then handed over to a like -minded successor!

I am actually fed up with the Nigerian experiment but what can we do. We have f.ools in power and results are mountain of misplaced priorities. These demons are pumping billions into a venture that's not even viable....It hurts my soul that we a stuck with these nothern cow brains. Yet I don't want our youths losing their lives on Biafra matter...We are even in deeper mess than we thought.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Good points!

The current half-hearted piecemeal approach by gov't wouldn't yield any long lasting results though! I think this is -at the very least- a billion dollar project! It would have to be given to a reputable civil engineering company like Julius Berger, and involve the use of satellite images as part of the initial survey works; huge earth movement; constructing embankments; and maybe a few foot bridges as the icing on the cake!

Imagine an Onicha trader taking a day off to volunteer and help save his environment...Akuko n'egwu. He will rather sit at mama nkechi bar,drink o'mpa while chasing waitresses.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

I am actually fed up with the Nigerian experiment but what can we do. We have f.ools in power and results are mountain of misplaced priorities. These demons are pumping billions into a venture that's not even viable....It hurts my soul that we a stuck with these nothern cow brains. Yet I don't want our youths losing their lives on Biafra matter...We are even in deeper mess than we thought.

We have no alternative than Biafra.

The north having seen that our eyes are now opened to the cheating will intensify using nigeria's wealth to build power plants, huge farms and explore natural resources to make them prosperous when Nigeria breaks up. Things will actually get worst with time because northerners are simply going to try and fast pace the rate they have been exploiting nigeria, while yorubas will be by the side playing all sorts of distraction games just to get us not to focus on what is really going on.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Imagine an Onicha trader taking a day off to volunteer and help save his environment...Akuko n'egwu. He will rather sit at mama nkechi bar,drink o'mpa while chasing waitresses.
Why yabbing my guys? Be careful o.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by basilo101: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
OGOg:
Instead of peddling lies here, wouldn't it be better for some one to post pics of the permanent site "nearing "completion? Even unth enugu is about 30% complete despite being in the same category with ABU zaria. There is no worthy federal government hospital in the east, they keep on giving us shabby structures .
Nothing much has happened there , the problem is and has always been funding from the fg.
It has nothing to do with nnewi-ozubulu feud.
Shehu Shagari wanted to build a standard UNTH at Obukpa near Nsukka, but our local politicians especially Jim Nwobodo fought and stopped the hospital while converting an already existing old hospital to UNTH (old site) in enugu. Few structure already raised at the site in Nsukka still exist and called UNTH comprehensive health center. if not for Obasanjo's pity UNN would still be managing the shithole (UNTH old site) u should thank him for the 30% complete new UNTH.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by basilo101: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Cjrane2:

THe erosion is because of the nature of the soil, the soil is gap graded

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
The solution to the erosion in the Southern Nigeria is tree planting and proper water channels into the streams and rivers..

basilo101:

THe erosion is because of the nature of the soil, the soil is gap graded

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

This gotta be the joke of the century...Are they nuts? So what if they contributed ? Are they the only ones ever to do such. I swear ,if I ever become Anambra governor I will teach you uncivilized folks some law and order. I am so upset ,rright now about these crap you wrote up here. The hospital should be moved to Ozubulu and named accordingly. The Nnewi building can still be used for something Nnewi people can benefit from.

owee gi iwe nwanne go murd. ( in phyno voice)

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
basilo101:

Shehu Shagari wanted to build a standard UNTH at Obukpa near Nsukka, but our local politicians especially Jim Nwobodo fought and stopped the hospital while converting an already existing old hospital to UNTH (old site) in enugu. Few structure already raised at the site in Nsukka still exist and called UNTH comprehensive health center. if not for Obasanjo's pity UNN would still be managing the shithole (UNTH old site) u should thank him for the 30% complete new UNTH.

I truly don't know if you are an Nsukka guy or a yoruba man that has lived in the east disguising as an Igbo person.

If you are from nsukka, then what people have said about you in the Enugu thread is probably true.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by basilo101: 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
Cjrane2:

I truly don't know if you are an Nsukka guy or a yoruba man that has lived in the east disguising as an Igbo person.

If you are from nsukka, then what people have said about you in the Enugu thread is probably true.
what did they say, and have u investigated my claim to be lie?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Malawian(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^There's this website i posted the link a few years back....it showed old pics from colonial Nigeria! A few of the pics showed some white people posing for pics at a Nanka gully erosion site.....and this was in the early 60s i think!

Besides the issue of our soil type, i think a huge part of the problem is our disregard for the environment and the attendant indiscriminate felling of trees! I'm sure all those areas would have been thick jungle even as recent a time as the reign of Queen Victoria or the period in which the fictional character of Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart lived!
Most of our erosion problem has to do with the caliber of heavy bombs dropped on it during the war. a military personnel was talking about it on Tv around 1999 during the transition period. the bombs simply "scattered the head" of our soil strata.
no be small thing our papa dem see o. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
i know it is not easy to stop erosion because of our kind of soil but there are measures that will work fast and better but its cost intensive.

We need canals in anambra state. and the engineers should trace the topography of the state and relocate the direction of flow to lowlands canals that will just empty into a river.

planting of trees close to every house should be a must.

let engineers do land survey of the whole state, so that these water will be running to the lowlands and not cause problems.

when building new roads, these roads should have foundation and padded. it is important like the case of nkpor. the road should have used pad foundation to protect it from that damage from there.

erosion problem should remain in the 90's. we are much more educated than that now.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
Malawian:

Most of our erosion problem has to do with the caliber of heavy bombs dropped on it during the war. a military personnel was talking about it on Tv around 1999 during the transition period. the bombs simply "scattered the head" of our soil strata.
no be small thing our papa dem see o. grin grin

stop talking like an illiterate..the erosion has to do with the topography of the area..

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Malawian(m): 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
patmaine:

stop talking like an illiterate..the erosion has to do with the topography of the area..
your fada na idiot. mpama.

FYI, i am a civil engineer by training.

imagine this ochanja nna guy bringing mouth for me.

you for talk this shit for my front make you for know how far. ode.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
Malawian:
your fada na idiot. mpama.
FYI, i am a civil engineer by training.
imagine this ochanja nna guy bringing mouth for me.
you for talk this shit for my front make you for know how far. ode.

fyi I am a geologist..

you 're a disgrace to civil engineers. even civil engineering borrow geology courses.

go hide Ur head in shame..
before I forget
Ur useless moda na idiotu. anumanu.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 7:04am On Nov 15, 2015
Nwanne haba, let us always show love to one another. Love your brothers and not insult them even if you feel hurt by their comments.

patmaine:

fyi I am a geologist..

you 're a disgrace to civil engineers.
even civil engineering borrow geology courses.

go hide Ur head in shame..

before I forget

Ur useless moda na idiotu. anumanu.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:56am On Nov 15, 2015
Peter obi left only 9 billion and not 75 billion as he claims - ANSG

Again, on this peter obi issue, I have been vindicated.

Cuche

Yeske2

tabletman1

igboson1

malawian

SpaceTour

obayaya

alfred5

cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 8:01am On Nov 15, 2015
I agree with you but he left the balance in bonds, euro bonds and other investments. What Obiano has just done is to prove that he didn't meet raw cash of 75b. But the 75b is represented in other forms of investments. Its a win-win for Anambra.

FreeGlobe:
Peter obi left only 9 billion and not 75 billion as he claims - ANSG

Again, on this peter obi issue, I have been vindicated.

Cuche

Yeske2

tabletman1

igboson1

malawian

SpaceTour

cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.