Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45796 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Truth24(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
I want y'all to understand I'm d landlord of dis second page since those space bookers been claim first page.... I want y'all to behave urselfs like children from good homes and I want to see sensible comments only....
No space booking!
No insults!
No e-fights

#Else............

9 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
That's the beauty of marketing... Making you buy what you don't actually need.Nigerians are gadget freaks

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Alexebo(m): 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
op plz i v a seven years old nokia torch.......
..,can we exchange biko

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by obagangan: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
It's up to u. But I carry one and I love it
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
really @op cos my frnd wants to get one on nonday
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
daveemuobo: As You hinted, you have no business using a tablet @op.don't speak for others.
if you say such in my class/hospital, you'll be seen as those who bought because others did.
please can u enlighten me on how a bigger screen version of a smartphone is so amazing?because it doesn't do anything extraordinary that a phone or laptop can't do?

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by mrlaw93(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
harrysterol: Buy a Tablet when u have a smart phone and a laptop is what I term misplaced priorities
anoda 16th century human comparing d usefulness of a laptop to tablet..

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by pius14(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
You are right. I got a tab 2 10.1 thinking dat it will serve me a special purpose aside mi phone but I just discovered that aside the screen size, deres no difference between a kul smartphone nd a tab
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Almubarak5: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
You can play games better, y not go for the galaxy series of samsung? Or R7 of tecno instead. FP 1st time...
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by englishmart(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
teamblackberry. Just 1.5k for the month

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
we don't care
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Donjay007(m): 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Samiceman: The feeling is mutual dear...
dude u really shud learn how to use words... wat feeling is mutual?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
so not true, for a student it serves as an electronic library for all your textbooks you dont have to carry all your textbooks around.For those presenting seminars you save money and energy printing different materials for seminar praacticals,you just present with your pad.Bonus points your snap lecture notes from projectors (for those of us in ajebutter schools) ,you can also travel with it conveniently when travelling for short duration, ditching your heavy and space occupying laptop.The key point is don't buy gadgets because of hype but because you have need of it.plus playing games eg fruit ninja and temple run is sooooooo awesome on your pad lol just had to add that.

27 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by FlameZee(m): 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tot i was d only person dt hates dis sh*t, u need to see how boiz foolishly carrys it obout on campus jst listening to only music.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Xtopher2k(m): 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Exactly what I've thought of some people do
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by harrysterol(m): 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrlaw93: anoda 16th century human comparing d usefulness of a laptop to tablet..
u mean a laptop +tablet+smart is gud?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
gd
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by bigx(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't think you read.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by olojuede01: 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Because you dont use a tablet for anything beyond making calls does not mean it is useless. For instance my asus tablet does not include a sim. Only wifi... I use it majorly for reading and mobile work. Besides, its more handy than a laptop but with a bigger screen than most phones. It is also cool for watching movies and surfing the web.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrlaw93: A tablet is like a tv in your pocket.
a tablet cant fit in your pocket

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Lawalemi(m): 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
I use my iPad to play games. The games sweet die grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Ojestas(m): 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lobbish . .
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Samiceman: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Donjay007: dude u really shud learn how to use words... wat feeling is mutual?
http://www.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_phrase_The_feeling_is_mutual_mean

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by mrlaw93(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
feran14: a tablet cant fit in your pocket
That depends on your definition of pocket..

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
well,I bought mine to have the feel of it.and so far,its just an oversized smartphone..to effectively use it,u need a back up phone.there are times am cooking and I just want to place my phone in my pockets to listen to music...I can't because I ditched my phone for a tab..even phones set..I just discovered we a re all victims of smart producers..for instance,u use an android running on jellybean,once a device that runs on KitKat comes in u start craving it when the basic needs of every smartphone user is just gaming,reading,picture taking,surfing the net and playing music.in the end,I just wasted my hard earned money.. well,I will get a regular phone maybe a lumia and keep the tab home to be used for reading novels(which I do perfectly on my laptop).Again,I have to recover my money by using it some way!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
People would always justify impulse expenses and poor finance choices..but that's the truth!the tab comes with a keyboard..in all honesty,can u compare the crappy keyboard cases to that of a laptop?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by jamillion: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
People seize to realize d fact that weda u buy ipad, tablet or iphone dey still use the same android OS its jst d app dat Maks d operation diff.......ie, jst try and compare iphone6 wit 6+, ipad 3 and 4, curve 4 and 4 etc.....wise up...
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by nairalife2013(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
U are so on point girl. I got an ipad4 for my wife at 135k, itz now used by my maid to teach my kids nursery rhymes! d pad is just large, not flexible, u can't swap sims easily, u can't transfer data wid ease, u can't make regular fon call wid it, no space for sd card, she can't go wid it if she is not driving; I can't list all cos am doing so wid grit teeth!! Well, my kids(1yr+and2yr+) are now wizards at operating d clumsy device, cos itz no longer a novelty to their mom so she let's dem fiddle wid it at wil while clutching dearly to her new, more flexible lumia 630. Gosh!

7 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by AmINotHuman(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: well,I bought mine tonget feel of it.and so far,its just an oversized smartphone..to effectively use it,u need a back up phone.there are times am cooking and I just want to place my phone in my pockets to listen to music...I can't because I ditched my phone for a tab..even phones set..I just discovered we a re all victims of smart producers..for instance,u use an android running on jellybean,once a device that runs on KitKat comes in u start craving it when the basic needs of every smartphone user is just gaming,reading,picture taking,surfing the net and playing music.in the end,I just wasted my hard earned money.. well,I will get a regular phone maybe a lumia and keep the tab home to be used for reading novels(which I do perfectly on my laptop).Again,I have to recover my money by using it some way!

According to your post, you didn't buy it with any particular use in mind so why be surprised that it's useless to you?

9 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by qtx(m): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
@OP, your opion is correct as far as am concern. Look all these tabs and ipads are content consumption devices as they offer no serious productivity than to just read, download , play watch, and so on you cant really use them productively. No serious productive applications can run on them. Most of us Nigerians just rush things all because they are in vogue not because they will seriously serve a purpose.
After all what they do, most mobile phones which we already have do them as well.

I was a victim, owned an ipad, later one tab like that all of them no meaningful work with them i just freed them ojare. the only one i intend to pick up soon is that other one Microsoft released late last year. I think that one can carry office apps and some other robust applications for high productivity, with external keyboard and other valuable features.
We need to be more analytic before going for all these stuffs.
One Love Naija!

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Superstar007(m): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
opinions are like as*holes, everybody got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by MrsGoodness(f): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
SuperMartins: Very true!! D 1 I gt on Monday is already actn up...av used 3 so far and d truth is there is nothing special..its jxt like a normal android smart device...d screen is d only difference
Same with my galaxy s5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / WhatsApp Down, People's Reactions Around The Globe(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.