Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45829 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:
True. My Ipad is as useless as the penis of a catholic priest.

It's 2 years old. I haven't powered it up to 10 times. My laptop serves my table needs, while my phone serves my mobile needs.

I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"
i need an ipad plz..can u give me urs since its not really useful to u? plz??
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by pee777(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
For me it worths it, I have a laptop and often time am on the move from one client site to another as an IT consultant, I enjoy the flexibility of my 10.1" Huawei tab in composing email on the fly, modifying word/excel/powerpoint pages and on the fly access to news and nairaland gist in a readable font and screen, this I find difficult with the size of a laptop or the tiny screen of a smartphone. At home I still use the hotspot for my laptop enjoying the android 2gb bundle. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by mrlaw93(m): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
xtervaganza: tablet in pocket?

Do u even know what we are discussing here?
for ur info.. Am nairalanding with one
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by daveemuobo(m): 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: please can u enlighten me on how a bigger screen version of a smartphone is so amazing?because it doesn't do anything extraordinary that a phone or laptop can't do?

even if it's just for reading books, a tablet is more than worth it.A laptop is too cumbersome for a digital library and a phone or phablet won't do justice to reading screenwise (straining to read)
their superb battery life also makes them appreciated during certain times.

most e-books and magazines are optimised for tablets too, making these materials have an "easy to read" look.

Maybe you're not a reading junkie, else you'll appreciate one.

my one point above is for reading only. other splendid point include gaming, media viewing , presentation (eg PowerPoint for business on the move) .depending on your business class,a tablet is very important
I can stop here.except you want me to continue.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Ojugunrege(f): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
@ Op,
I don't really agree. I have a laptop and I have a Smartphone but I lately, I have been nursing this feeling of buying an IPad for the following reason.
I find myself waiting in a lot of places - salons, airports, hospitals, boring (must-attend) meetings and I just know I can use that time to read. I don't find reading on my Smartphone fulfilling & my laptop is too big to carry about - so an IPad, is it; i hope!
The material i will like to read are e-books, class notes ( I want to start a distant learning MSc program), etc.
Watching movies on the go will also be easier, I guess.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by scanp(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
korel9: Who cares? angry

In another vein, OP go and watch the movie "Return of Shekau". undecided
u make sense wen u are nt talking....

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
daveemuobo:
even if it's just for reading books, a tablet is more than worth it.A laptop is too cumbersome for a digital library and a phone or phablet won't do justice to reading screenwise (straining to read)
their superb battery life also makes them appreciated during certain times.
most e-books and magazines are optimised for tablets too, making these materials have an "easy to read" look.
Maybe you're not a reading junkie, else you'll appreciate one.
my one point above is for reading only. other splendid point include gaming, media viewing , presentation (eg PowerPoint for business on the move) .depending on your business class,a tablet is very important
I can stop here.except you want me to continue.
. I am a reading junkie..its just that I am working now and can barely find the time to do that.. I still read on my tablet...but its virtually all I use it for now.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Orikinla(m): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
I decided to have my own brand of Android Tablet PC and I am going into the venture big time with gold and silver versions of the brand. And my brand is very handy. The final brand name of my Q1 will be made public later.

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by MoyoGENERAL: 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
what!!!!!
me dey overuse my tablet ever since I bought it last year oooo!!!!!
BTW...I have dashed out my Nokia touchscreen...and solely had to rely on my tablet for calls, messages, internet, data transfer, applications, movies, games, just name it!!!!!
recently I told a pal that if my tab goes off today and stop functioning, I won't mind cos it has served me!!!!
Imagine I do my MS word and type large portion of documents on my tab( it becomes fun with a cable connected to the keyboard), I make PowerPoint presentations via it, I store my books and journals in it, I use it in the library, cafe, anywhere!!!!!just name it!!!!
FYI, in the last 11months, my laptop usage has reduced drastically, I have limited it to complex works like accessing some softwares not compatible with my tablet!!!!!!
so OP that one wey you dey yarn na for you ooooo, cos I am convinced that aside from BBM, watching videos, pixx and whatsapp... your tablet becomes idle and useless !!!!if not, you won't post something like this!!!!!
.....just in case you wan dash am out, Men wey know the right use of your stuff dey ooooo!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by xtervaganza(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrlaw93: for ur info.. Am nairalanding with one
and u put it in your pocket?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by msmon(m): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
oathman:

see your life ..... Nairaland Oshi

Could you go back and see my comment, I don't understand why people book space. I did that because I was driving then.

Off Topic:
Do anybody know why a topic disappear on a board? I posted a topic titled '15 Pets With Guinness World Record' on Pets board this morning around 7am but it disappear few minutes later, I made effort to mail the moderator but I didn't get any response. What could have happen?.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by kendrick93(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
if u hav d financial capability to buy dis fone u wont even be complaining abt dis...maybe u used ur last dime to get it.,dunno... just lyk they say,cut ur clothe according to ur size and leave those who have d dosh to do wat dey want with their money
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by navistar(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: U actually picked the wrong person..if u had a little sense in that empty skull of yours...u would realize its my opinion.I didn't force u to open it and neither did I say u shouldnt buy a tablet..But again,what do I expect from low thinking,semi illiterate and unemployed sorry excuse for a human being?its a pity u cant read and comprehend simple English..please when u find an adult education school,forward your expenses to me.because u are really pathetic!

Somebody is pained!! Unfortunately I don't trade words with people on public forums. Just wanted to let you know how STUPID your opinion sounded. Calling me semi illiterate was rather too polite.. you should have said I was a full on subnormal human with acute dylexia! Don't you think? I would find the adult school that you deemed so wise to suggest to some1 who in my opinion is your intellectual superior!! But then again am speculating.. forwarding the bill to you won't be fair? After all you can't afford an ipad, sorry don't like an ipad cry

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Jpjp: 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Op nice write up, but pls let someone tell me how strong the battery of the cube 9x talk can serve, and let someone pls also tell me about the best power bank to charge it and pls can one use this cube 9x as his main smartphone? thanks at all.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by orgasticdance: 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tablets are useful if u commute to and from from work in a train or bus. I watch videos, read magazines, browse the internet in my 2 hour commute etc. I've also owned a kindle since the first generation came out to read novels on eink display.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrsGoodness:
Same with my galaxy s5
wat tab re u currently on now?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ITbomb(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Awwal1st: You sabi install custom ROM on it?...
What do they use custom ROM for?

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by msmon(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Jfrezzy: Lol the tablet is a waste of money,I got one and I never used it 4 two hours in nigeria,data plan is xpensive here,but android tablet is a waste of money,my advice if u need one get apple and nothing else.
But still on still all this device are not useful in this part of the world,we got shale lock network providers.

Will u like to place ur tablet on sale?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Exponental(m): 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
I think so too. I'm back to my nokia C3. Android subscription is not worth it. Free 15mb from etisalat lasts me for like a week (without any download), but for android, 15mb is not worth an hour for same purpose.
Efizi on my android, browsing on my c3.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by tender777(f): 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
I actually feel its a waste back when i got bored with my tablet. but when i did start to work with my employer, it seem to be very use this time. that i can chat. The only thing that i don't like with my tablet is that it can't process MSword/spreadsheet file faster.

by the way apple is product is limited and can't download more free apps from google play.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
The one dat vexes me is seeing pips who don't have cars or bags carry it abt esp to jump danfo, I begin to imagine if dem thief am now,the pesin go wan die.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
You couldn't have said it any better...OP
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by allanphash7(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
why dont you go for 3310 then instead.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by robbase: 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
This is true talk. I own a laptop and a 5.0" android Fone. I was once tempted to buy a tablet, but I saw it as a waste of money.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by purplekayc(m): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?
sis a smart phone could actually be usefull if you make adequate use of it.
You could make free calls for example with skype or viber saving you enough money.
You can send endless streams of short messages through whatsapp and bbm.saving you all those 4Naira that would be deducted every time you send a text message.
Just to mention a few.
Verdict,: you should have bought a smart phone like the nokia XL or tecno phantom,sony xperia
Etc
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by edogho(m): 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
never knew android phones are useless until i got d infinix joypad. even when i was using d htc android device i still wonder y i got it in d first place. well now i know better and i'm with mi tecno t605 and i'm happy with it. if i have complex stuffs to do, i do such with mi laptop.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Freksy(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?

You wanted to have, but didn't need it.

Many who have need for tablets wouldn't say similar thing.

A 5" phone won't be presentable for presentations.

Which preacher would use phone or a laptop on stage today?

For online business, many feel more comfortable doing it with tab than phone.

Phone, tablet and laptop are three different things.

Always buy what you need, not what you want or what you see others have.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ibrews: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Samiceman: The feeling is mutual dear...
yinmu...which feeling is mutual? Abi u no get money to buy Tablet
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by QMark: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
naughtylagosguy: My meaning of it fits into that sentence. Can you please tell me the meaning? We learn everyday and no knowledge is wasted.

UMP means professionals moving or aspiring to move to a higher social class or to a position of increased status or power. For example, a young professional seeking or working hard to improve his social or economic standing.

It was used in your statement as though it means professionals that are mobile.

I stand to be corrected though, as I love to learn too. After all, I no be English lecturer for U.I. wink
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ayukdaboss(m): 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
The iPad is the most useless device to own.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Masky2000: 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
kekakuz: ][/font][size=60pt]why you dey vex x2
is it your money x2[/size]

Guy, be serious for once and make a meaningful contribution. And if you do not have any, you can at least read up some and learn-it will save you some good cash for a later day smiley
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ITbomb(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Exponental: I think so too. I'm back to my nokia C3. Android subscription is not worth it. Free 15mb from etisalat lasts me for like a week (without any download), but for android, 15mb is not worth an hour for same purpose.
Efizi on my android, browsing on my c3.
After getting my tablet, I had to configure my Android to work like my precious Symbian (low data consumption and longer battery life)
I installed Greenify (to kill those stubborn background running app) , System app mover (to make carry come apps appear in greenify so that I kill them) , Droidwall (to control who goes online) and no live wallpaper . With these I could use my 15mb to chat or browse (opera mini, Whatsapp only and no Facebook app running ) for a week while the heavy downloads are handled by the tab and the battery last longer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / Tecno Pouvoir 4 Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.