Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (4845 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by seedorfg(m): 12:27am On Oct 03, 2014
;Dzoology
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by hardbody: 1:32am On Oct 03, 2014
FrancisTony: Medicine, Pharmacy, Enginneering etc deserves and worth to be over-rated.

But, Law and Economics is fùcking crap. A course that you'll graduate from, and still be living in penury if you want to practise the profession.

Mass Communication/Communication and Language Art still stand out against Law, IMHO.

Smh

Bros your honest opinion is warped. Grow up and you will realize that you should be a lawyer or marry one. I am one and will remain eternally grateful to God for seeing me through and my folks for training me. As for living in penury or affluence, lets leave that for posterity to judge. Suffice it to say that i compete and compare with my contemporaries who are professionals in other spheres.

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 03, 2014
Rapaltar: How on earth would one tag Engineering n Medcine over-rated??

Ur stupidity is shocking...

i was shock oo...wonders never end
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 03, 2014
i don't agree either med or engineering is overrated at all...
that the hype for med is much doesn't make it over rated.
same applies to engineering...

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Psalmpy(m): 4:45am On Oct 03, 2014
Omo na Medicine o
i've neva seen anything like it.
Every1 in naija wans to b a doctor oga o.
I blame most parent too. They always compel their child/ren into medicine all in d name of being a doctor. I rest my....?suit

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Supremor(m): 6:27am On Oct 03, 2014
Law is just too overrated same as Accounting where a person with an ICAN certificate is rated same as an Accounting graduate

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 03, 2014
princealbashir: Law. Law. Law. The most overrated course in the world..
which world? U mean mercury?
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Lois20(f): 7:19am On Oct 03, 2014
@op, I bet you've never needed a Dr and pray you don't.
You are just hating on Drs.
Engineering, yes. Especially mechanical engineering...like what do they do after school?
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2014
hardbody:

Bros your honest opinion is warped. Grow up and you will realize that you should be a lawyer or marry one. I am one and will remain eternally grateful to God for seeing me through and my folks for training me. As for living in penury or affluence, lets leave that for posterity to judge. Suffice it to say that i compete and compare with my contemporaries who are professionals in other spheres.

I know that no course is an Island of success and I respect Law graduates a lot.

But Law as a course and profession, doesn't deserve the 'over-rating' given to it.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Lero15(m): 8:18am On Oct 03, 2014
Claroo:
Ar u referrn to Unilorin Pol Science dept??
yes, bro. U are from Unilorin too?
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by mysticgal(f): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2014
all of you screaming law,you've written jamb for 13years and was finally given*sociology and anthropology*undecided
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Lero15(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2014
Olamyyde:
Ikr angry
happen?
BTW, H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y .
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Lero15(m): 8:47am On Oct 03, 2014
Lois20: @op, I bet you've never needed a Dr and pray you don't.
You are just hating on Drs.
Engineering, yes. Especially mechanical engineering...like what do they do after school?
if you check most engineering related vacancies, you wld know more abt mech eng.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by abdulwastecx(m): 9:00am On Oct 03, 2014
curiouses: Engineering.... Nothing is "engineering" in what they teach in Nigeria universities. All talk (theory) no action (practical).

If know anything about engineering you will know that university engineering course curricula is all about theories.

If you want practical go and learn a technical trade
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by destino24(m): 10:18am On Oct 03, 2014
abdulwastecx:

If know anything about engineering you will know that university engineering course curricula is all about theories.

If you want practical go and learn a technical trade

abeg help me tell am
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 03, 2014
Hello everyone, i have found a great site to get free airtime,and connect with student. i have tried the website and its working. Just visit this link : http://2goface.com/invite?ref=Netoc65 #2goface

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Ndababa(m): 10:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Lol. How can Medicine be ever overrated? Perhaps you meant to say Nigerians attitude of 'Do or Die' towards the course. But we all can't become doctors na. If that happens, who then act the other role of patients eh? cheesy

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by s3nn2x(m): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2014
Lero15: Economics, political science.
Most of our politicians never studied Political Science, plus their lecturers are mostly sadists.
Imagine a skl's final year set with no 2-1 ...their scholar sef na 2-2.
Banking/Finance...even engineering graduates now work in banks. Everyone will be trained, including the banking & finance graduates.
And who told you that Political science is about contesting for elections?

There is a difference between a Political Scientist and a Politician.

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Claroo(m): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2014
Lero15: yes, bro. U are from Unilorin too?
Yea bro...dat dept sad gan

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Chimaritoponcho: 11:03am On Oct 03, 2014
geology is one of the best courses...click like if you agree

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Lero15(m): 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
s3nn2x:
And who told you that Political science is about contesting for elections?

There is a difference between a Political Scientist and a Politician.
so where shd political scientists work?
Who knows, if the political scientists were given the chance to run politics, things wld be better.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by s3nn2x(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lero15 post=/post/26830231:
so where shd political scientists work?
Who knows, if the political scientists were given the chance to run politics, things wld be better.
Anywhere...

Foreign Affairs...
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Lero15(m): 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
s3nn2x post=/post/26830363:

Anywhere...

Foreign Affairs...
that's for International Relations Graduates.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by deepthougths(m): 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
engineering aint overrated...owing d contributions the mak...

There's dis course i had in my yr2...Engineering in Society...u cant do without an Engineer...

I am one...

Biochemical and Food Engineering

#i_rep

Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Olril18(m): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
[quote author=FrancisTony post=/post/26813656]Medicine, Pharmacy, Enginneering etc deserves and worth to be over-rated.

But, Law and Economics is fùcking crap. A course that you'll graduate from, and still be living in penury if you want to practise the profession.

Mass Communication/Communication and Language Art still stand out against Law, IMHO.

Smh[/
very silly and illiterate filled comment.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Olril18(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
I wonder how a sane human being will say law is overated?
yet it's d dreams of thousands all over the world,including even the most successful to study this course...
this one is overated,that one is underrated.....maybe we should stop going to school afterall.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by daxon001(m): 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Yungwizzzy: Elect/Elect
U again?wat's wif u and d course sad
Were do u study self and wat course?
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by daxon001(m): 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Even i who am still doing chemistry am doing more unit courses dan dose in med,pharmacy.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by s3nn2x(m): 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lero15: that's for International Relations Graduates.
Are you aware that International Relations is a branch of Political Science?

Anyway, do some research. You can start from the last MFA recruitment.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Lero15(m): 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
s3nn2x:
Are you aware that International Relations is a branch of Political Science?

Anyway, do some research. You can start from the last MFA recruitment.
yes, but political science as a core course shd be good to go for administration & political offices. It is an overrated course.
Re: Most Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
LAW!!!!!!!!!!

THE SALARY LAWYERS GET ISN'T WORTH THE HYPE FOR THE COURSEangry

Maritime Academy. Aftermath Of Final Examinations For Tama4 Cadets. Photo / BREAKING: JAMB Shocks Aspiring Students With This Unpleasant Notice! / Good Handwriting Intimidate, Please Check This