Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp (5594 Views)

Osinbajo, Ambode Dance At Redeemed Convention (Photos) / Federal Government Should Ban Hijab In Public Places / FG And Senate Should Ban Nomadic Cattle Rearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Tabspear(m): 3:35am On Oct 04, 2014
Is camps a part of Christianity? What the hell is this ? My buttocks pains. The Redeemed Christian Church has brought more harm than good to the constant or partial users of Lagos Ibadan expressway and i urge the government to scrap the 3 day camping.
Sitting for hours in a stuffy and thick traffic and weighing the disadvantages of the camp to its advantages to the larger populace, I discovered the negative impacts of the camp far out weighs its profits. A curious mind would ask, since they are out to worship, what possible harm could they cause? My experiences today, October 3 2014 should satisfy their curiousity.

The traffic created by Redeemed camp causes accidents

I see a dead man as I write in a blue bus, a young man in the mud, killed by accident. The man was poorly dressed and covered with a cloth, it was obvious that he was in poverty and was searching for his daily bread. Most definitely, mad drivers on the rush either to camp or in evasion of the tight traffic must have killed him or how else would a dead man lay on the road? Does God want his worship to supersede our fundamental rights to life he has granted us ?or movement in search of food with the legs he has given us? Or man in his greed would not just consider. If its God that is all hearing and all-seeing we seek, churches on Sundays, fellowships and prayers during the week should suffice. If the spirit of God can’t speak to Pastor G.O to stop the killings by weighing the disadvantages his innovation has caused the federal government should connive with the spirits to stop the camp.

The Camp poses threat insecurity to both the road users and the locals

Due to the density of the road during the camp, there could be a mesh of criminals unnoticed amongst the crowd or in the traffic. I have heard of enough robbery cases on the deadly Lagos Ibadan expressway which is most definitely inevitable with the existence of the camp. In cases of robbery, the inept Nigerian police that finds it difficult to arrest a criminal on open field, how can they control onslaughts in an overpopulated area? I must admit as bitter it might taste, that the government should do its duty by making security a priority, thus banning the camp. Ever heard of an armed robber in GO’s house? Or road? Let the holy spirits protect him but not by making us insecure.

The Camp causes health risks

Following my observation, the camp causes health risks. How? the traffic wouldn’t avail a sick person prompt healthcare . Further the three days could overwhelm the hospitals within and beyond the camp thus creating a problem. Just imagine an epidemic breaks out or some wounded person needs treatment.Would God want us to endanger our health or that of another because we want to attend Adeboye’s camp ? Or Jesus preaches it? did paul write such in the Bible?.......http://www.horizonia.net/jonathan-ban-redeemed-churchs-camp/

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Mention(m): 3:50am On Oct 04, 2014
Well what can I say??

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Oro shunuku

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 04, 2014
You want Jonathan to ban his Godfather

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by balaclava: 4:35am On Oct 04, 2014
U r asking Jona to Ban the Camp? Jona who is still thinking of hw he will still go to the camp n pray about 2015 election. If Jona hear dz ur request e fit ban u from passing dt Lag/Ibadan Xpress way 4ever. Ur request no go pass this page! No vex

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nutase: 4:44am On Oct 04, 2014
tabspear face uour work.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Raiders: 4:53am On Oct 04, 2014
Its not going to happen because Nigeria is full with religious lunatics.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by eph12(m): 4:55am On Oct 04, 2014
This post is so reckless. The redeem church has no power whatsoever over any driver, commercial or private, and so can't and shouldn't be blamed for any mishap. Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by marv1: 5:05am On Oct 04, 2014
OP U want to die. When God called smbody to do smthing u want him to undo it. u be God. People die everyday anywhere. If u are jobless pls find smthing to do. Ok.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by AWONEYAN(m): 5:19am On Oct 04, 2014
OP, your frustrations should be directed to your government to repair and expand the road and not towards the innocent pple worshiping their God.
Are they holding ther program on the road? No...
Am not a redeemed member so don't think its a defence for my denomination. And as am writing this I have been in this hold up since 4.am dis morning(abt an hour) stand still, on my way to kwara. So ur pain is not felt by only you. But we won't say because of that, people shouldn't pray to their God in the best way known to them.
All those your analysis of "health risk,accident e.t.c doesn't count. Don't pple die on days when no activity is in redemption camp...or even in political rallies..

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by wellmax(m): 5:34am On Oct 04, 2014
Inasmush as the traffic is bad, I don't think its entirely redeem's fault. Because even on days without the camp, we still experience traffic on that road. What the gov should do is to expedaite action on the repairs of that road.

Btw, @OP, how traffic take cause accident

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by kennyjubris: 5:38am On Oct 04, 2014
Senseless Topic

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by focus7: 5:43am On Oct 04, 2014
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Ojestas(m): 6:20am On Oct 04, 2014
Yomieluv: Oro shunuku
Nisho nibe kalo f'oju shunuku wo.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by egopersonified(f): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2014
It is a dictator that would want to help others by depriving another from their rights. It takes a good leader to look for ways to satisfy both parties. What stops the govt from constructing good roads, have another road linking Lagos or even build a by-pass or over head bridge through that camp? Do you know there are foreigners who attend these camps and its a form of tourism, synagogue comes to mind. Instead of demanding our govt to trample on OUR rights, lets ask them to make our roads, infrastructures, economy, standard of living, etc better.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by jasper83: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by spanzed(m): 6:42am On Oct 04, 2014
Though I have not been to lagos ibadan express road before but am sure that road isn't Good..*i stand to be corrected*...and Banning isn't a solution what happen to putting adequate mesures as well as security to see to it that drivers respect themself while driving
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by mekuzee1(m): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2014
@ OP is it not ur mate dat takes flights,jus bcus u paid #1000 4 one second hand bus n sat in traffic for some hours u ar complaining..if Jona scraps d camp will it add one naira to ur pocket??moreover ppl traveling for d sallah celebration must hav added to d traffic...e b lyk say u want make God scrap ur life abi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Adeoba10(m): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2014
marv1: OP U want to die. When God called smbody to do smthing u want him to undo it. u be God. People die everyday anywhere. If u are jobless pls find smthing to do. Ok.
Ppl dey talk good for mouth, na swear u dey swear... abeg grow up jare... Can't u see how matured mind dey gv response to d post?... D Op jux dey write d post out of frustration, very soon e go get himself... buh e dey pain person smtimes, sitting inside bus for almost 4hours...
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Acidosis(m): 6:48am On Oct 04, 2014
Rubbish comments from a rat

The largest Church (Yoido Gospel Church) in the whole world is situated in Seoul, directly across Korea's National Assembly with a population of about 830,000 in 2007.

Are you saying Koreans are du. mb as some of you tyrants want us to believe only Nigerians go to Church?

Rather than cry blood and fluid through your eyes and nostrils, why don't you plead with your respective governments to put the right infrastructures in place?

Have you pained lots ever visited a campaign ground like TAN, ACN, PDP? Do you know the environmental impact of these gattterings?

Your hatred for God and Pastors won't get you any medal here on earth, or in hell. Quit talking gibberish. My inference on South Korea is enough to make the du. mb ones recognize the level of their du. mbness.

FYI, I avoid crowd as well, I also do not worship at RCCG, but I hate it when people try to block the mental and reasoning faculties of the populace. If you do not know how to control your crowd, go and make inquiries from South Koreans. Thank you.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Lordave: 6:48am On Oct 04, 2014
OP, Adeboye and Christian adherents will tag you a belligerent atheist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by RockMaxi: 6:59am On Oct 04, 2014
@OP @Tabspear, let me advice you, how old is the RCCG camp? May be 15yrs or more and for millions of people to still be going there, then that means there is something they are doing right. angry Your anger should be directed to successive governments that have refused to put the necessary infrastructure in place in order to forestall this occurrences rather than calling for outright ban. You either take it or leave it, the RCCG camp is a City and government should work hand in hand to developing a workable traffic control. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2014
Why dnt u ask him to first stop his hobnob with that Ayo of CAN, ehn?
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by rotwailler(m): 7:08am On Oct 04, 2014
Enjoy your weekend with MTN!!!!

250mb....300 Naira
500mb.....550 Naira
1gig.....1,100 Naira
5gig.....5,400 Naira
10gig....10,800 Naira

We accept recharge pins,VTU,bank transfer etc.

We are into bulk data reselling business and the plans we bring to you are legitimate plans bought in bulk from MTN.
It is not a cheat or a tweak.
• Data rollover to the next month, if you re-subscribe before of current plan.
• Activation in less than 5 minutes
They are valid and legal data plans from provider in conjunction with MTN

The data can be used on any device including Android, Tecno, iphone, Tablet, Htc, laptop, BB10, Nokia, lumia, Windows, Galaxy Phone, Mtn Fastlink Modem etc....

To check your Data Balance, dial *461*7#

whatsapp me on 07066586998.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by jnizzle(m): 7:12am On Oct 04, 2014
Mr OP, the traffic of yesterday had nothing to do with camp, rather, itwas caused by bad roads nd break down nd also motorist passin one way......I saw it all lst nite because I. Came into lagos last nite, there wasn't a single traffic in redemption camp......all the entrance into camp was free.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by ikweremilitant: 7:13am On Oct 04, 2014
Mention: Well what can I say??
atimes some ops post like mad men.why didnt obj ban those camps,why did dy acquire d land during ibbs time.was abacha,abdulsalam,and yaradua sleping?u pepl should be sensable atimes.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Mention(m): 7:19am On Oct 04, 2014
ikweremilitant: atimes some ops post like mad men.why didnt obj ban those camps,why did dy acquire d land during ibbs time.was abacha,abdulsalam,and yaradua sleping?u pepl should be sensable atimes.
Some people just derive joy in finding faults in GEJ's Administration..
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by omowolewa: 7:39am On Oct 04, 2014
I understand your stress, but there are other way of solving that problem which is not solely caused by the camping.

About if camping is approved by God and the celestial beings? Leave that to God to judge. As far as am concern, the camp solves more problem than the traffic problem its accused of.

Op, you forgot to mention that the road is under construction. Which could be another reason for the hold-up.
What if the traffic created by the camping is already being catered for in the construction plans?
If not, what happens to including it in the construction plans?

Review your opinion with a larger and collective heart.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by dridowu: 7:45am On Oct 04, 2014
I will always support any ban against religion activity on the expressway. My 2003 experience at the lagos-ibadan expressway is fresh in my memory till date, from sagamu-mowe took me 9hrs.
#teambanthemall

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by qleap2all(m): 7:47am On Oct 04, 2014
@OP who told you it was the camp?Have you pass through on that route on normal day?
A lot of things are responsible,foremost is the indiscipline road users,bad road under reconstruction and activities of hawkers/police.
You will ask me'what can be done?
Jonathan should hasten up the road rehabilitation and road users obey traffic laws on that route especially on 1st friday of the month,which is just a day out of 30 days!
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by zeelo2014: 7:53am On Oct 04, 2014
I can see lots of zealots here. RCCG should made to build an alternative route or a fly-over into their camp, they have the money and huge turnover is being made in that organization. How can a dual carriage with 3 lanes each becomes blocked whenever a big event is held there.?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Donfamous(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2014
zeelo2014: I can see lots of zealots here. RCCG should made to build an alternative route or a fly-over into their camp, they have the money and huge turnover is being made in that organization. How can a dual carriage with 3 lanes each becomes blocked whenever a big event is held there.?
mumu do u think d govt will allow the church to build a fly over?
You talk without knowing what u are saying, ask bishop oyedepo, when he wanted to construct the road to his church, y he was stopped, its either he pays d money to d govt's account or he keeps his money, and when he pays it, what's the assurance that the money won't be looted. Stop d hatred man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala / Hear What A Muslim Have To Say About Nnamdi Kanu / Buhari Presents Budget To National Assembly Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.