Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151299 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nursy(f): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2014
E dey ur mouth tongue
IYANGBALI:
soja wife,how him blokos? grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Elebiju: 11:11am On Oct 05, 2014
Princecalm:
You should not compare a soldier to a banker,a banker is way above a soldier.But a soldier can also tell a banker to lie flat if he misbehaves.
not in a civilized society bro.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:13am On Oct 05, 2014
AdekunleBalogun:

Oh... How naïve you are, did you consider the social amenities in UK? Did you consider the standard of living in the UK and Nigeria? It people like you that make the politicians feels like they are doing us a favor.

I should throw those questions back to you. Now tell me, what do soldiers do to warrant them earning fat salaries? In times of peace, they do almost nothing while the police man wakes up everyday and puts his life in harm's way to protect the society. Just in case you don't know, soldiers sent to the front lines in times of conflict do receive combat allowance which is separate from their salaries.

Since 1970 till this war against Boko Haram, our soldiers have been idle except those who go on peace keeping missions and they receive allowance in foreign currency.

So, I still maintain that 80k is more than decent a monthly salary for a Nigerian army recruit in a country where he minimum wage is 18k.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by donted(m): 11:15am On Oct 05, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.

U r wrong bro. Lancopral is 54k, copral 58 or 60k depending on years of hanging the rank. Sgt 68k to 72k depending on years of hanging the rank etc
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sutherland(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2014
the average salary of a Nigerian Army soldier is 48k that's for a private soldier that just joined the Army and we still have some private soldier that take up to 52k due to year of service. And for the commissioned officers cadre its 180k average . and nairalanders For your info the lower cadre is not called not Nigerian Army recruit but order rank .
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sutherland(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2014
@ raymondeni sub Lt. Is not a Nigerian Army rank but a Nigerian Navy rank
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by phemmyflexxy(m): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2014
lcpl= 53k
cpl= 59k
ssgt= 70k
facts
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by CrazyMan(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2014
cannonnier:

Free what. Inside that 80, they will remove house rent, 2k pension, and other nonsense. You will be left with sub-total 50k and a little+.
The average soldier doesn't pay house rent, cos accommodation would be given to him in the barracks. He has medical allowance that covers him or any direct family member (wife or kids). He doesn't pay a penny for public transportation, meaning me can move freely across the state. He has all the time in the world to engage in some other business which can grant him and his family additional income.

So I really don't understand what you mean.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

I should throw those questions back to you. Now tell me, what do soldiers do to warrant them earning fat salaries? In times of peace, they do almost nothing while the police man wakes up everyday and puts his life in harm's way to protect the society. Just in case you don't know, soldiers sent to the front lines in times of conflict do receive combat allowance which is separate from their salaries.

Since 1970 till this war against Boko Haram, our soldiers have been idle except those who go on peace keeping missions and they receive allowance in foreign currency.

So, I still maintain that 80k is more than decent a monthly salary for a Nigerian army recruit in a country where he minimum wage is 18k.
I wonder Y ppl like you reason like this!! Before boko haram shea its was you that fought Niger Delta militants? Jos Crisis? Bakassi fight? Fulani and villagers fight in the northern villages?? Can you wear a combat boot and hold a loaded rifle for days??
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Dumken(m): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2014
Omololu007:
well i bliv,pple are joinin d army,cos dey wanna defend and protect thier country,so they wont care about the money.80k nah change o,a friend of mine jst got a job in a bank and he will b paid 350k every month,he go just dey sit for insyd air condition,dey receive dat amount o,,and i know pple who work in oil companies and earn more dan 600k every month,,but dis soldiers that are risking dia life for u and i,are receivin 80k,u no fit use am buy wine in som hotel...is so dam small.

D banker spent 4yrs suffering and wasting money to acquire skills. D soldier woke up one day n decided to go and start earning 80k.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Okpuzu01(m): 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
I am a discharges soldier. Wot is 80k per month? Please you guys should answer this questions with all sincerity. Can you be on top of your wife at odd hour of the night and you are called to report to duty? A soldier can be called at that hour. Some of you work only 5days in a week exluding saturday and sunday but a sodier does not have specific days of work. You observe your holidays, like this salah, some of you will enjoy your weekend added to the 2days public holidays. Do you know that soldiers are somewhere within this period performing there various duties. Most sodiers don't go on annual leave in 4yrs even when they go, they do recall some of them back when there is an uprising. But you go for your annual leave and enjoyed it to the fullest. Have you worn you shoes for days without removing them? A soldier can go on several days without removing his boot. Its an offence as a soldier to remove your boot while on duty or operation cause there could be an emergency and you won't start lacing your boots. Do you know what it means to be in the trench, fighting your enemies that knows you but you don't know them? During fuel scarcity, some of you trecked from Oshodi to Agege and nearly collapse, do u know the distance soldiers covers while trecking in an operation cause not everywere is motorable. Have you heard the sound of riffile before? Sound from ordinary knockout will make some you shit on your pant. Wen that riffle is fully loaded, carry it for 24hrs and see if you will not massage your muscule with hot water. Do you know wot it means to stand on parade for hours without moving your body? Be on sentry for hours? Can you go on duty leaving your family for a week? A soldier can go on duty for a month leaving his family. Do you know wot it means posting you here and there and you don't have a choice but to go, even in a remote areas and some places some of you will swear never to live. You commit offence, you get locked up in the guardroom, your family will be bringing foods to you in the guardroom, at night, your wife will be cold and you won't be there to touch her. Sometyms you get locked up during the weekend wen you have planned how to rock the town, suddenly your freedom is denied. Have you seen where a soldier is being doubled or putied for a slight offence that if were to in your office where you work, such will be ignored. I can go on n on. Tell me, does 80k worth all dis troubles?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Okpuzu01(m): 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dumken:

D banker spent 4yrs suffering and wasting money to acquire skills. D soldier woke up one day n decided to go and start earning 80k.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Omololu007(m): 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
olajide8:

For you to earn that you must either be at the rank of BBM, SBO or AM with at least 10years experience with at least 2 banks- even an ICT person with ICAN certification, even if he has MSCE wouldn't land that pack -
i dont wanna tell u abt him sha,so i wont release any information abt him,,i swear to God,i wont gain anytin if am lyin to u,d bank is
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Okpuzu01(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
You reason through your anus. So you don't know that most soldiers earning 80k studied in service and becomes graduates? Doing the military work as soldiers and still earning their meagre salary? They toiled to sponsor themselves in schools and not like you that kept waiting for Popsie or Momsie to pay money into your account.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by stexsy(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
osile2012:
will u stand under the sun and expose ur life to the danger of death on a daily bases for 80k? Be transferred without prior notice for 80k?
dem force dem to join? No be dem sign am?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by stexsy(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..
is it not his choice of career?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nursy:
E dey ur mouth tongue
he dey 2 small for my mouth
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by spenc: 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
Osahon7
[Thanks for clarifying us...what of a Captain in the
medical corp?]

A captain earns above 200k, not exactly sure of the figure. Therez also the call duty pay which am not sure of the figure. Thus, approximately a bit below 300k or might b above 300k. The call duty pay is fixed for all military doctor. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by MadCow1: 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
hunter21:

the salary is not that bad so why do they keep complaining

I will not take a 400K job as I am today and my job isn't high risk like the army guys.

The Army should be earning at least 500k per month minimum.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Humblesam(m): 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
IYANGBALI:
says who?

Says my past knowledge of your type....
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
spenc:
Osahon7
[Thanks for clarifying us...what of a Captain in the
medical corp?]

A captain earns above 200k, not exactly sure of the figure. Therez also the call duty pay which am not sure of the figure. Thus, approximately a bit below 300k or might b above 300k. The call duty pay is fixed for all military doctor. Have a nice day.
wow thanks
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
Princecalm:
You should not compare a soldier to a banker,a banker is way above a soldier.But a soldier can also tell a banker to lie flat if he misbehaves.
Lol
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
Osahon7:
I wonder Y ppl like you reason like this!! Before boko haram shea its was you that fought Niger Delta militants? Jos Crisis? Bakassi fight? Fulani and villagers fight in the northern villages?? Can you wear a combat boot and hold a loaded rifle for days??

Can you compare those skirmishes that are few here and there with the work of a policeman who is daily exposed to danger?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
MadCow1:

I will not take a 400K job as I am today and my job isn't high risk like the army guys.

The Army should be earning at least 500k per month minimum.

Between the army and the police, which one is of a higher risk?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by belente(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
osemu8:
u re suffering from mental poverty,8Ok is too small for persons who make it possible for us to have some sleep in this trouble times,military man is a potential enemy,their job is between life n death
Nobody has d assurance of his or her life
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Can you compare those skirmishes that are few here and there with the work of a policeman who is daily exposed to danger?
So Armed robbers that rob with cut to size barrels are more dangerous than militant that uses rocket launcher?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

you agree that Militant tha fight with Rocket launcher and bombs are more dangerous than armed robbers that fight with cut to size guns?? Nigerian police are trained to maintain law and order!! Nigerian Military are trained to die for their country
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Ejike3: 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

The thread is for Nigerian soldiers, not Nigerian soldiers vs police...no disrespect.
...I miss Musiwa, his satellite maps can solve this issue.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Humblesam:

Says my past knowledge of your type....
na only thief sabi thief,so you be...... grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by MadCow1: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Both deserve equal pay...

The police deals with lesser intensity crimes how be it daily... The Army works in Ultra-high intensity environments however not quite as frequently as the police.. But both jobs are potentially deadly and are key to both national security and our economy and so should be highly paid jobs that carry decent workman's compensation insurance attached to them.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by olajide8(m): 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Omololu007:
i dont need to tell u d company he was workin for before,he has more dan 6yrs experience,i dont even need to proof anytin to u
I did a bit of banking before banking left me* and that bank mustn't be nigeria- well who am I to continue to argue with you- when I know it isn't true-
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
gtrust:

Read my post again:
When you're deployed as a Psychologist in US Military for 3 straight years in Iraq yes you can get approximately $250,000 per annum all inclusive!!!
Almost $750,000 = almost 100 million Naira.

There are many Nigerian boys and girls touching this money as we speak (write).
/
Yes. I read your post. I actually showed it to the "boys" and they laughed at your ignorance. We live the lives and not hearsay.

Without going into details, I quoted facts and numbers. Not that it matters, but it is good for people to have the correct information. That's all.

\

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.