Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? (23158 Views)

Students, Start Now To Prepare For Life After School / OAU Best Student Says He Avoided Cramming / How Yo Improve In Your Cramming Ability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
rkarang:

So if a company wants to purchase a motor van for its service, the company won't need costing?

If a company wants to embark on new projects, such company won't need project appraisal?

If a company wants to purchase its product from a supplier, the company won't need the principle of Purchasing and Supply? In fact, many companies in Nigeria now have "resource centre" or should I call it a library? You need to see how challenging work is for folks who don't have stuffs in their head--they'll keep asking questions here and there...

If a company states it clearly that whoever comes late to work should return home as part of punishment for coming late to work; assuming the company has been enforcing it; three of its workers now come late which implies that they all need to return home but one of them needs to attend meetings with foreign investors at a later time in the day, what will the company do What does the principle of business policy states? Besides, is the policy applicable in this case?

Studying is about critical thinking, it's full of imagination. It requires thinking about the relevance of what one is studying..... Remember that all these companies still go back to our professors for consultancy services.... What we study is relevant to our discipline...

Here's another difference between those who are well trained as personnel officers:

HR: We are asking for BSC certificate, you're coming here with your SSCE certificate, I don't think you're okay. Please get out....

HR(that remembers the concept of Human Relation): We are currently looking BSC holders, however we will keep your documents in our files and as soon as we have vacancy for your post, we'll contact you. Thank you for your interest in our organization.

Now you can see the difference.....

No wonder business opens today and closes tomorrow in Nigeria... A reflection of what cheesy

Honestly I didn't read all the love letters u wrote. I just scroll down to the very last lines n understand ur point. No one is saying studying is bad buh Nigeria University/Polytechnic has taught so many people lesson one way or the other. Reducing the quality of Student certificate due to not giving some lecturer exactly what he gave you, I had such experience in one course (Auditing being a love letter course) and I got really lucky using high grade from other courses to cover it up. Up to the most brilliant student in my dept failed it cause he doesn't know how to cram like the average student do. Today he hasn't gone for service and that really affected his final result. A wise student who cram a lot and graduated will take time to re-study after skul cause then he has all the peace and time in the world. And as for business opening and closing in Nigeria, my broda dat one na different story entire, make we nor go there wink
Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by Liltevy(m): 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
what type of performance na..
performance in bed?
Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by rkarang: 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Stelvin101:

Honestly I didn't read all the love letters u wrote. I just scroll down to the very last lines n understand ur point. No one is saying studying is bad buh Nigeria University/Polytechnic has taught so many people lesson one way or the other. Reducing the quality of Student certificate due to not giving some lecturer exactly what he gave you, I had such experience in one course (Auditing being a love letter course) and I got really lucky using high grade from other courses to cover it up. Up to the most brilliant student in my dept failed it cause he doesn't know how to cram like the average student do. Today he hasn't gone for service and that really affected his final result. A wise student who cram a lot and graduated will take time to re-study after skul cause then he has all the peace and time in the world. And as for business opening and closing in Nigeria, my broda dat one na different story entire, make we nor go there wink

I very much understand you; however, I think what you're saying is "procrastination". Sooner or later you'll find out that there's not enough time to sit and understand those stuffs.

Right now, you're only envisaging it, when the reality comes, you've got to face it.

Good luck, brother!
Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by fightforchange1(f): 4:21am On Oct 06, 2014
I could attest to this....no way!!!!
Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
rkarang:

I very much understand you; however, I think what you're saying is "procrastination". Sooner or later you'll find out that there's not enough time to sit and understand those stuffs.

Right now, you're only envisaging it, when the reality comes, you've got to face it.

Good luck, brother!

Hahahahahahahaha, funny you bro. The only reality I av gat to face is getting a job. Some people are natural born lethal weapon in a working environment. Am one of such, trust me. Like I said getting d job is the only reality right now. Thanks for ur views anyway.
Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by zebra(m): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
bukit05:
Cramming has been working for me since d days of Elijah. Pple who claim to read and understand ask dem dt same question after exam, dey won't be able to say anytin
Not true. People who read to understand can explain and apply concepts outside the words/notes/handouts of the lecturers because they consult other books for more understanding, while those that cram can give u the lecturers notes/handouts word for word butwill not be able to attempt questions outside that scope because of their limited understanding. They only dwell on the lecturer's notes/handouts and hence find it difficult to attend to applied questions from other sources. They can get good grades especially from lecturers who love students giving them their exact words. Cramming is only helpful on topics or things that are not applied like theorems and proofs. I read M&S and i'm talking from experience. Both methods are actually useful to students.

1 Like

Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by rkarang: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
Stelvin101:

Hahahahahahahaha, funny you bro. The only reality I av gat to face is getting a job. Some people are natural born lethal weapon in a working environment. Am one of such, trust me. Like I said getting d job is the only reality right now. Thanks for ur views anyway.

Good luck brother!
Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by Keluong(m): 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
our education system needs serious review, if not a totl overhaul
Re: Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? by Philosopher1979: 2:43am On Nov 03, 2022
As a student what u should pursue is Grade first and foremost. knowing and deep understanding is secondary. The truth is that, while during school u have just 3 months to read and write exam, in d real world things are far easier . Outside school u have more time to learn things that are important to what you are doing. You can always refer to books, internet etc as a graduate.

I am talking with xperience. I made first class by concentrating on grade. During NYSC I studied d relevant books to my career in details and became well grounded. And I did well in most job test, skill test etc in top biggest nigeria companies. currently I am getting excellent appraisal at work.

As long as u know what you are doing and not lazy after school, u can know whatever u want to know after school. But u only have school time to get d good grade. And good grade is very important if u you are to get jobs, scholarship, msc admissions in top schools like MIT and havard etc. Especially if u are from a humble background, pursue good grade with all zeal and power. After u graduate u can study those courses relevant to ur career and be grounded. More than 50 percent of what u learn in school u will never use in life.

PURSUE GOOD GRADE IN SCHOOL, YOU STUDY FOR KNOWLEDGE
AFTER SCHOOL.

Yeah that's the issue most people simply stop reading after school. To actually invent a new form of food storage you need to read biochemistry in order to apply the concept to invent food storage technology.
A crammer is limited to the exam room and after graduation his limitations will be exposed.
For example I am a programmer but got a c grade in a programming course while other students who cannot programme got an A but then they cannot build a software.
So you see cramming us only good if you are a life long learner but most people only read to pass exams and so they are limited

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Interesting Ways Whatsapp Is Helping Nigerian Students / 16-Year-Old Scores 8As In Recently Released WAEC Result / My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.