Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal (7388 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taribo To Osaze: Shut-up & Focus On Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2014
Oga Teribo West or Taribo South, did you watch the friendly matches we played before the world cup, did our team performed well, thus world cup, winning nations cup for me its not a big deal and I see it as matches played within the neighborhood, For you to understand my point, how many African Countries has won World Cup, how many times has FIFA rated us (Nigeria) as number one in Africa, coaches over the years has greatly contributed to the deterioration of Nigeria football.

Over some years, coaches has has made it possible for payer in our local league who manage to score two goals in a tournament automatically become Super Eagle Player, while they do away with the matured players who would have nurtured the younger ones that has occupied super eagles team of today.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by ola20ng(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Oga Pastor, go and sit down joo. You and your Keshi are old school. We don't need a gambler. We need a sound coach who knows his stuff.It is not necessary to be Siasia but a better coach who knows the ropes in the world of modern football.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by eleko1: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2014
undecidedA praise singer.U don collect Keshi gbemu and now constitute urself into a nuisance.Ok we don hear,KESHI GO SURELY COMOT AS SUPER EAGLES COACH.He should go and coach JJC FC of his village.
solbase10:
–Former Super Eagles defender Taribo West tells SL10.ng that the election of Pinnick Amaju will bring positive change to Nigerian football as he urge the new board to offer Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi contract extension. He also believes that Nigeria will feature at the Morocco AFCON.

Let’s start by talking about the election of Amaju Pinnick as the new NFF President. You were there on the day and you know the man. What do you think Nigerians should be expecting from the new NFF board?

I believe it will be a new dispensation; it’s like a fresh revolution that has just started. He has ideas and incredible concepts in football administration. It is a new era and we also look forward to how he will solve the issues that have bedeviled Nigerian football for years. He also has to give active roles to the practitioners of the game, both the present and past ones. But I think with him coming as the President of the NFF, I think he will be the Joshua that will take us to the promise land.

How do you think this will impact on Nigeria’s chances against Sudan in the AFCON qualifiers this month because the controversies during the first phase was believed to have contributed to Nigeria’s solitary point from a possible six?

Yes. It will be a great advantage for us because the problems really affected the players in the games against Congo and South Africa. It will be a morale booster and an advantage for the players, unlike the psychological disadvantage they had in the first games. I think it will help us see out the next two games and I see positive things.

How do you think with a new board in the NFF things will change for the better as the Super Eagles play Sudan next week?

Yes, it’s a great advantage. Psychologically the problems at the NFF affected the boys. This new development will motivate the team and most importantly see Nigeria through the games with Sudan.

As regards Keshi’s future, do you think he should be allowed to continue or should the NFF seek another expert?

I think Keshi should be given another chance, the last twenty years hasn’t been easy. Nigeria didn’t do well at the AFCON but he led the team to lift the trophy. He has done better than every other indigenous coaches and that only shows he’s got something working well for him. I strongly feel Keshi should be retained considering that Amaju Pinnick is coming in, there will soon be a new look Super Eagles that will take Nigeria to that level Nigerians want to see the Super Eagles.

During your time in the national team, we had lots of quality defenders but it looks like we don’t have such quality again in the Super Eagles, are you not worried about this?

Hmmmmm, yeah, I’m worried but I think Keshi is equal to the task. He is a strong defender but to be realistic, the generation has changed but he is playing with the best option he has. I must say that there’s a lot of quality in the Golden Eaglets that won the FIFA World Cup in UAE and i feel some of them should be given a chance in the senior national team.

What advice do you have for the new NFF president?

Focus, commitment and discipline. What I saw and heard from him during the election process tells more about the quality he’ll bring to the table.

The Super Eagles got to the round of 16 at the World Cup but the same team having at least 70% of those that made the trip to Brazil lost at home and struggled in South Africa during the first round of qualifiers, what do you think about that?

This is an attack; it comes every now and then. Especially, when we are about to take part in the World Cup, so I think it has come and gone.

So you mean Nigeria will qualify for the Nations Cup?

Yes, Nigeria will qualify. Though, we are walking on a tight rope but I’m optimistic Nigeria will qualify for the Morocco 2015.

Keshi said recently that he’s using what he has but does that mean Nigeria doesn’t have enough talents for the national team or is it a case of him not looking enough?

I know every coach has his own kind of philosophy and I believe the way the domestic league has been managed can even discourage a coach to go out to search for talents. It’s not that he is lazy but I believe that now that Amaju Pinnick who understands proper development of the game is the NFF boss, a change is about to be experienced.

You mentioned earlier that the Golden Eaglets class of 2013 has a lot of quality in them and one player that easily comes to mind is Kelechi Iheanacho, do you think the young man deserves a call up to the Super Eagles now?

Yes, I agree totally because the Eagles have not been so creative lately especially at the last World Cup and AFCON qualifying matches we played. So because of this, I think Iheanacho must be invited to the Super Eagles to fight for a position, and every other young player coming through that have shown they have what it takes. Mikel has been doing fine, but not enough creatively so I think Iheanacho must be called up to the team.

Thank you very much pastor…

God bless you.

Read More: http://completesportsnigeria.com/taribo-keshi-deserves-new-deal/
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Martini101(m): 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Most Nigerians and their short lived memory. Keshi used virtually new players to win 2013 Afcon and excluded the stubborn one. He won and received praises. Few months, he was went to world cup with another set of virtually new player and performed not too well(at least we were better than Italy,Spain, England etc). We are calling for his head. The only problem I have with Keshi is calling the bench warmer Mikel Snailobi to the national team when itz obvious that he has nothing to offer.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by vico4luv20(m): 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
coded01:
Yesterday: - Ikpeba asked What type of builder is he? grin --- How long will Keshi Ponpon master keep building? grin

Today: -
Taribo West says Keshi Deserves New Deal tongue --- Why grant Keshi a new deal? tongue

Which way Nigeria? undecided

Do you have someone in mind to replace Keshi cus he's the best indigenous coach Nigeria ever had, not even the likes of Samson sisia can match him and also the best in Africa. So what is your point, why can't u support him cus its people like u that discriminate a lot. you were happy when he won the nations cup oh
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by hensben(m): 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ride on pastor!!! Oooohhh
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by Betboss(m): 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
nice one from my legend
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
john4reala:
Wetin concern...me...?? HOW MUCH IS EH SECOND HAND NOKIA 3310 with front and back camera??
Lmao
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by supereagle(m): 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
He is better than Westhanhof who builded a team that won AFCON 94 for five years. Give him another chance.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by gebest: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
God bless u my co pastor Terible West he did deserve a new deal.
Re: Taribo: Keshi Deserves New Deal by andyanders: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
Taribo should go and take a seat somewhere or maybe he is looking for NFA job. Keshi has gotten wrong and has lost focus.

He has no managerial skills and as such cannot be able to work with his subordinates or the players with him.Why must he be picking up issues with his players and every time he is on the media talking about one player or the other.

Those that wants Keshi to continue should just never wanted good for the team and this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

English Premier League Mid-week Results And Table / Nigerian National League thread ( Kicks Off Sunday) / Asisat Oshoala Injured, To Be Out Of Action For Two Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.