Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

The Tithe Fraud. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tithe Fraud. (5483 Views)

TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / A Greater Evil Than The Tithe Scam ! / Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Nmeri17:

sure I did. Malachi 3:10. But we are not under the law anymore. you'd rather keep the tithe to yoself than not give it giving it willingly. God is not poor
God should not even be quantified in terms of wealth, God is beyond Tithes and offerings,

2 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by adonismuller(m): 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
bolaino:
I believe in God, but I do not believe in Religion. And if I may ask, why don't you believe in God? What's your reason for not believing in God?
dis is another me....I think religion should be translated as a group of confused beings.....I will call you a DEIST....

2 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
adonismuller:
dis is another me....I think religion should be translated as a group of confused beings.....I will call you a DEIST....
you're correct my good mann.
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by emmyileri(m): 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2022
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by brocab: 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
That's a lie in itself, Tithing isn't something God had ordained in our D/A, Tithing these day's came through false teaching.
If you understood the scriptures: you would agree tithing doesn't belong to the Church.
We won't find any other scripture written in the bible, other then Mal 3, where it say's we are blessed through tithing.
Tithing was for Israel-Aaron and the Levite priesthood to collect a portion for themselves for their payment working in the temple, and their reward for their living expenses, the rest of the tithe at least 80% was given to the widows the fatherless and the strangers.
So "No" tithing is not for the Church today. If any pastor believes tithing is for them, then they need to make a Covenant with God just as the Levites done.
Name any Pastor shaving himself from top to bottom, cleanes himself before God?
God made sure the Levites were between 25 to 50 years old, anybody older then that, was not allowed to collect tithes or work in the temple, "These priest couldn't own any type of property: Nothing..
So if the Pastor feel's he/she deserves tithes, then at least he/she should prove they are Levites, and the tither's are the 11 tribes of Israel. It's the Word of God we obey, not some greedy person who thinks he/she has the rights to collect just so they become rich.
{ Proverbs 22:16} if you give to the rich, you will surely live in poverty.
Plus in {1 peter 2;9} said we are all priest-if this is the case, then who tithes?
It was those outside the priesthood the 11 tribes of Israel, these were the only people God said: tithe to the priesthood.
So you people who are tithing-you are wasting your time-but if you gave just as the way God tell's us to give to the poor, "Yes, you will be blessed.

Get your facts right! I have seen cases where ordinary church members go to ask the pastor for the 'favour' of paying tithe when the pastor never asked or preached it to them. Those are cases I am a witness to. I was not told. It would help if you stop thinking just in one direction.

To the Original Poster: The question I asked still awaits your response.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pope Francis Where Did You Get This Word From? / Can These Women Protest Like This In Saudi Arabia? / The Fail-safe Way For You To Receive The Holy Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.