Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

The Tithe Fraud. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tithe Fraud. (5484 Views)

TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / A Greater Evil Than The Tithe Scam ! / Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by PastorKun(m): 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
striktlymi:
What about those who give tithe freely without being asked to?

Nobody freely gives tithe without being asked to, they give because they have been indoctrinated into believing the lie that it is required of them as believers.

8 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by ideology(m): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
bolaino:
so According to your logic my good man, we should allow people with dangerous ideologies like the islamic militants ISIS and Boko haram continue their forms of sabotage, because they have freewill?

You are on your own on this, like I said no arguments.

If you didn't understand me, let me explain.

Why is BH, ISIS et al doing what they are doing?

Answer is simple, they want everyone to think and act like them.

The same thing you are doing, you want everyone to think like you.

BH Didn't just wake up to carry guns, it started by someone forming the ideology, teaching and spreading it like you are doing, because they believed it, the ideology became radicalized, then they started fighting for what they strongly believe in

Live and let others live

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 06, 2014
PastorKun:

Nobody freely gives tithe without being asked to, they give because they have been indoctrinated into believing the lie that it is required of them as believers.

Get your facts right! I have seen cases where ordinary church members go to ask the pastor for the 'favour' of paying tithe when the pastor never asked or preached it to them. Those are cases I am a witness to. I was not told. It would help if you stop thinking just in one direction.

To the Original Poster: The question I asked still awaits your response.

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 6:40am On Oct 06, 2014
striktlymi:

Get your facts right! I have seen cases where ordinary church members go to ask the pastor for the 'favour' of paying tithe when the pastor never asked or preached it to them. Those are cases I am a witness to. I was not told. It would help if you stop thinking just in one direction.

Good morning my Good sire, I have answered your question, I said, those who give tithes without being asked to, are encouraging the fraud. Their monies would have better use to the orphaned, poor, widowed and destitute.

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by PastorKun(m): 6:41am On Oct 06, 2014
striktlymi:

You are still saying what I am saying, if a church member believes that there is favour in paying tithes, it's because such a person as been indoctrinated(brainwashed) into believing such thrash.

2 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2014
PastorKun:

You are still saying what I am saying, if a church member believes that there is favour in paying tithes, it's because such a person as been indoctrinated(brainwashed) into believing such thrash.
you are very correct pastorkun, it's difficult to see a christian practicing doctrines that has not been inculcated in him or her.
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 06, 2014
bolaino:
they are the ones encouraging the fraud to continue, they should rather give their tithes to the less privileged and poor widows as admonished in the Gospel of james.

That is not totally correct! You shouldn't be the one to tell another human being what to do with his or her hard earned money. Especially when they are adults with the capacity to think for themselves.

I quite agree that some give tithes because they were threatened by some passages in sacred scriptures but not everyone who gives tithe is like that. Some do it freely, without compulsion.

If an adult decides to give tithe to the 'minister' of the Word, without compulsion then it would be very inappropriate for you to ask him to stop. This is like asking him to stop giving money to a friend he is comfortable giving money to.

If your concern is for the less privileged, then by all means give money to them and encourage people to help them but using them as a 'tool' to rubbish tithe giving to preachers is not it.

If we want to go the way of Sacred scriptures, we would identify 3 broad categories of people Sacred scriptures admonishes us to give to:

1) The poor and the needy.
2) The Church as a body.
3) The preachers of the word.

Sacred scriptures is not against giving money to genuine preachers. It is even not against preachers asking for support from members of the Church. The only ish I see there is how one identify's who is genuine or not.

2 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 06, 2014
bolaino:
Good morning my Good sire, I have answered your question, I said, those who give tithes without being asked to, are encouraging the fraud. Their monies would have better use to the orphaned, poor, widowed and destitute.

Sorry guy, I just saw it. Was responding to the 'mentions' I got.

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 06, 2014
PastorKun:

I agree that it may be so for some peeps but not everyone is like that. Some do it because they want to genuinely support preachers in their ministry.

I see preachers like Oyakhilome, Okotie, TB Joshua, the winners guy etc as very successful businessmen, not preachers but this personal opinion does not mean we don't have preachers who try to be in tune with God's word.

Kumuyi and the dude from Apostolic faith, from a distance, are some I think are trying to build their church in line with the dictates of Sacred scriptures, my personal reservations notwithstanding; I believe genuine preachers should get the necessary support.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2014
striktlymi:

I agree that it may be so for some peeps but not everyone is like that. Some do it because they want to genuinely support preachers in their ministry.

I see preachers like Oyakhilome, Okotie, TB Joshua, the winners guy etc as very successful businessmen, not preachers but this personal opinion does not mean we don't have preachers who try to be in tune with God's word.

Kumuyi and the dude from Apostolic faith, from a distance, are some I think are trying to build their church in line with the dictates of Sacred scriptures, my personal reservations notwithstanding; I believe genuine preachers should get the necessary support.
I agree with you that there are genuine preachers, and they should be given any form of support, be it financial or otherwise, I have no qualms with that, my issue is with the idea, which is inherent in all pentecostal pastors, about tithing, if we are to be truthful to ourselves we would acknowledge that tithing is not for the New testament christian, voluntary giving was admonished in the scriptures, even giving to help the ministry was also encouraged, but what was never encouraged or even talked about was tithe, because Jesus the christ and his early disciples knew it was not in their place to ask their followers to pay compulsory tax/levy/tithe, they knew if they asked for tithe, the work of Jesus the christ would have been rubbished by that singular gesture, hence they refrained themselves from speaking about tithe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 06, 2014
bolaino:
I agree with you that there are genuine preachers, and they should be given any form of support, be it financial or otherwise, I have no qualms with that, my issue is with the idea, which is inherent in all pentecostal pastors, about tithing, if we are to be truthful to ourselves we would acknowledge that tithing is not for the New testament christian, voluntary giving was admonished in the scriptures, even giving to help the ministry was also encouraged, but what was never encouraged or even talked about was tithe, because Jesus the christ and his early disciples knew it was not in their place to ask their followers to pay compulsory tax/levy/tithe, they knew if they asked for tithe, the work of Jesus the christ would have been rubbished by that singular gesture, hence they refrained themselves from speaking about tithe.

I agree!

3 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by ideology(m): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
bolaino:

Seeing the embolden reminded me of, the case in the bible where a woman washed JESUS' feet and wiped it alabaster oil, one of the disciples rebuked her saying, the oil could be sold and the money given to the poor.

Kikikikikikikikiki,
I love the holy book, you find a lot. It makes one see more reason to believe there's nothing new in the world

I love Jesus' Response.

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by JakeII(m): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
emmyskies:

I quite agree with you that 95% of church and pastor in Nigeria have compromised and are after wealth and many other things. But the truth still remain that christian ought to pay tithe. Most pastors capitalize on this to make themselves rich doesn't mean true believers shouldn't pay tithe anymore in the real christian church they attend. The pastor of my church don't own a private jet and won't.

There is about only 5% of christians and church in Nigeria that is true. And is mandated of them to pay tithe, irrespective of how their counterpart that have compromised are trying to mock GOD. Let the inhabitats of the earth rejoice and be glad because the LORD liveth and reigneth. Even before the foundations of the world, GOD is never mocked and never will

GOD bless you ma

Thanks for your comment, you've said almost all I would have said....however, my opinion may differ a bit from yours that tithe is mandatory in this regard; 1.Tithing came up in old testament and everything in old testament was made compulsory because it was the era of LAW. But it is not so in new testament because it is an era or dispensation of grace.
2. No matter how much tithe one pays, he/she is not guaranteed of making heaven on that basis alone....the summary of this new testament- and for anyone to make heaven- is Faith, Hope and Love
Thus, tithe can only be said to be important for christians because it is a means of blessing. Whatever God says, He says. He has promised to bless all tithe payers hence, paying tithe will lead to blessing. It should be noted that 'it is given to man to choose between life and death' same with blessing. It is not by force except for those who really want it. So, i don't think Tithe is COMPULSORY!

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by ideology(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by ideology(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
bolaino:
smiley
smiley there is a big difference between being good and doing right .
God is God, infallible,
our choices are ours, It will not change God

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by emmyskies(m): 11:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
JakeII:

Thanks for your comment, you've said almost all I would have said....however, my opinion may differ a bit from yours that tithe is mandatory in this regard; 1.Tithing came up in old testament and everything in old testament was made compulsory because it was the era of LAW. But it is not so in new testament because it is an era or dispensation of grace.
2. No matter how much tithe one pays, he/she is not guaranteed of making heaven on that basis alone....the summary of this new testament- and for anyone to make heaven- is Faith, Hope and Love
Thus, tithe can only be said to be important for christians because it is a means of blessing. Whatever God says, He says. He has promised to bless all tithe payers hence, paying tithe will lead to blessing. It should be noted that 'it is given to man to choose between life and death' same with blessing. It is not by force except for those who really want it. So, i don't think Tithe is COMPULSORY!

From your write-up, I can't help but say you have a very shallow understanding of the word of GOD.

1. Tithe wasn't abolised in the new testament. JESUS CHRIST compared the prayer of the pharisee and the publican, which the pharisee was justifying himself before GOD that he pays tithes and does other good works and exalt himself.
Also, the scribes and pharisees pay tithes, the LORD didn't rebuke them for this but rebuked them as they serve GOD deceitfully and neglect the whethtier matter of the law, faith, judgement and mercy.
Even the law wasn't abolished yet alone tithing.
Like you don't know the purpose of the coming of Christ?

Tithe, compulsory?? Hmmm, give to GOD what belongs to GOD, don't rob Him.
2. Wow!!! Is that really the summary of the new testament and how to make heaven? Like seriously?
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by PastorKun(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2014
emmyskies:

From your write-up, I can't help but say you have a very shallow understanding of the word of GOD.

1. Tithe wasn't abolised in the new testament. JESUS CHRIST compared the prayer of the pharisee and the publican, which the pharisee was justifying himself before GOD that he pays tithes and does other good works and exalt himself.
Also, the scribes and pharisees pay tithes, the LORD didn't rebuke them for this but rebuked them as they serve GOD deceitfully and neglect the whethtier matter of the law, faith, judgement and mercy.

2. Wow!!! Is that really the summary of the new testament and how to make heaven? Like seriously?

Evidently it is you that has an extremely shallow understanding of scriptures and the new covenant. Tithing is part of the old jewish laws and it is crystal clear from scriptures that christians are not to obey the jewish laws.

That is apart from the fact that the type of tithes preached and practised today (money from income) is unbiblical and can best be described as a fraud derived from twisting scriptures.

3 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2014
PastorKun:

Evidently it is you that has an extremely shallow understanding of scriptures and the new covenant. Tithing is part of the old jewish laws and it is crystal clear from scriptures that christians are not to obey the jewish laws.

That is apart from the fact that the type of tithes preached and practised today (money from income) is unbiblical and can best be described as a fraud derived from twisting scriptures.
Good Reply.
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by CrazyMan(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
emmyskies:

Permit me to interrupt.
I want you to understand why tithing was introduced in the first place.

Numbers 18: 8-10
8 Then the LORD said to Aaron, "I myself have put you in charge of the offerings presented to me; all the holy offerings the Israelites give me I give to you and your sons as your portion and regular share. 9 You are to have the part of the most holy offerings that is kept from the fire. From all the gifts they bring me as most holy offerings, whether grain or sin or guilt offerings, that part belongs to you and your sons. 10 Eat it as something most holy; every male shall eat it. You must regard it as holy. 11 "This also is yours: whatever is set aside from the gifts of all the wave offerings of the Israelites. I give this to you and your sons and daughters as your regular share. Everyone in your household who is ceremonially clean may eat it.

Also see verse 21-24 of the same Numbers 18.
21 "I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the Tent of Meeting. 22 From now on the Israelites must not go near the Tent of Meeting, or they will bear the consequences of their sin and will die. 23 It is the Levites who are to do the work at the Tent of Meeting and bear the responsibility for offenses against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites. 24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the LORD. That is why I said concerning them: 'They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.'

By reading these passages, you would understand why God asked the israelites to tithe.

emmyskies:

1. Tithe wasn't abolished in the new testament. JESUS CHRIST compared the prayer of the pharisee and the publican, which the pharisee was justifying himself before GOD that he pays tithes and does other good works and exalt himself.
It was abolished cos it was never recorded anywhere in the new testament that Jesus or any of his disciples payed tithe.

emmyskies:

They payed tithe because they ejected Jesus and continued with the law of moses which permits burnt offerings and tithe. They saw Jesus as someone who created confusion and blasphemed against God which made them conspired and killed him.

The church in Acts of the apostles never payed tithe; instead they spent their time ensuring that no believer lacked.

Acts 4: 32-36
32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. 34 There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.

emmyskies:
The law was abolished. Otherwise explain why the curtain in the temple tore in two after christ's death.

Matthew 27:51.
51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.

Secondly tithing was never a law...God used it as payment to the levities because they weren't expected to own lands, join the army, own cattles...etc

emmyskies:
So are you saying that the early church robbed God?

There weren't tithing according to the new testament, can you categorically say that Simon peter and the rest of them robbed God?

4 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by JakeII(m): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2014

2. Wow!!! Is that really the summary of the new testament and how to make heaven? Like seriously?[/quote]

I really thank God for your life that you have a strong Knowledge of the scriptures, even if u think mine is shallow....I am not too suprised to see the way u replied, it's simply the way of life in Nigeria, very obvious on Nairaland, people's avenue to show they have the best opinion and pass either plain and holy insults....lols!
Anyway, if what i said is not same with u, you would have taken time to understand my comment very well. I never said tithe was abolished or even said paying it is wrong. Though sarcastically written, my point was that anyone who is not paying tithe is simply missing out of God's blessing for abundance as He promised. But I remain strong on this....Paying tithe alone doesn't guarantee heaven...
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by emmyskies(m): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
PastorKun:

Alright then, believe what you may and do as you so please, the day of reckoning will come on the last day, where every man will give account of every single thing he did. So therefore:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by emmyskies(m): 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
JakeII:

I really thank God for your life that you have a strong Knowledge of the scriptures, even if u think mine is shallow....I am not too suprised to see the way u replied, it's simply the way of life in Nigeria, very obvious on Nairaland, people's avenue to show they have the best opinion and pass either plain and holy insults....lols!
Anyway, if what i said is not same with u, you would have taken time to understand my comment very well. I never said tithe was abolished or even said paying it is wrong. Though sarcastically written, my point was that anyone who is not paying tithe is simply missing out of God's blessing for abundance as He promised. But I remain strong on this....Paying tithe alone doesn't guarantee heaven...

I'm sorry for saying you have a shallow understanding of the Bible.

Alright. I understand you. And I never also said paying tithes guarantee heaven; the word of GOD from the book of Genesis to Revelation focus on just one thing. The word of GOD is life o. Just one thing above other matters will guarantee us heaven

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by emmyskies(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2014
@ Crazyman :

I intensionally didn't quote the scriptures because I am discouraged how many who pose as christians don't know these things. I just tire. I tire no be small. It's discouraging.

Well, without writing much, you that interrupt don't know much about the scriptures still. Forgive me for saying that. You don't even know when tithing was introduced. Hmmm,,,when even Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek, Paul even talked on this when comparing the priesthood of Melchizedek and the Levites, even Jacob made a tithing vow unto the LORD if He return safely to his father's house when he was fleeing before Esau. Hmmm, what more can I say?

Tithing was never abolished in the new testament. It was not talked about much because it is a sure thing everyone know to be done. As hypocrites justify themselves with good works of paying tithe. No be now wey... make I close mouth. Make I no talk. If ye have the spirit, He will give you understanding.

Wow!!! Like seriously?? So the law was abolished eh?? Kai,, this one now no be twisting, na direct opposite of the word of JESUS CHRIST himself which don't even need divine understanding to understand. This one wey even dey clear self wey even outsiders go understand. Wow!
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. " (Matthew 5:17-18)
Whether you believe o, whether you no believe o, till heaven and earth pass away, verilly verily, one jot, shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled. Yes o

Tithing was never a law? Have ye read the Book of law? Or na just the ten commandments you're talking about?

Because they robbed GOD by not paying tithe. GOD himself said it:
"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation." (Malachi 3:8-9)
Let them that have ear, let them hear.

And crazyman, pls don't quote me again. GOD bless you
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by brocab: 1:07am On Oct 09, 2014
Quote, Matthew 5, 17-18 clearly says not one jot or one title will by no means pass from the law, Listen TILL all is fulfilled, Jesus died, so we now have his spirit, no longer in temples made by hands, but the spirit lives in us who believe. Quote- this same Holy spirit that Aaron was high priest of the levites, Aaron then would meet the spirit certain times a year sacrificing and given offerings to the lord for the remissions of our sins/ and in Hebrews 7 and 8 and 9 clearly the lord say's, he had made a new covenant, the old had past away, with our fathers of old. And while reading your bible, ask the lord to show you the truth. Birds they neither sow, and they neither reap, and they neither put into barns-but yet the lord feeds them, how much more are you? When tithing was in place back then, the law was made for food to be brought into the store house, and if jesus wanted us to tithe today, and if we are to imatate jesus-then we must follow him and do what jesus would do, obeying his word, listening to what the spirit is saying, 1 timothy 6,3 if anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to Godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose the GODLINESS is the means of gain{money} Quote-From such with draw yourself. If tithing is in place today, then jesus being a high priest would have recieved tithes back then, like Aaron received tithes. jesus didn't preach on tithing, in Mark 13, he says this poor old woman gave all what she had, and Quote-remembered and blessed more than the tithers tithe out of their percentage. and it continuals to say, jesus predicts the destruction of that same temple the tithers tithe into, Quoting-do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another that shall be thrown down". If tithing was meant for today, these temple's would be still standing, and everytime they tried to build the temple it was ripped down again and again. The Holy spirit no longer-LIVE IN TEMPLES MADE WITH HANDS. Its your choice give your monies away support the rich to become richer.
emmyskies:
@ Crazyman :

I intensionally didn't quote the scriptures because I am discouraged how many who pose as christians don't know these things. I just tire. I tire no be small. It's discouraging.

Well, without writing much, you that interrupt don't know much about the scriptures still. Forgive me for saying that. You don't even know when tithing was introduced. Hmmm,,,when even Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek, Paul even talked on this when comparing the priesthood of Melchizedek and the Levites, even Jacob made a tithing vow unto the LORD if He return safely to his father's house when he was fleeing before Esau. Hmmm, what more can I say?

Tithing was never abolished in the new testament. It was not talked about much because it is a sure thing everyone know to be done. As hypocrites justify themselves with good works of paying tithe. No be now wey... make I close mouth. Make I no talk. If ye have the spirit, He will give you understanding.

Wow!!! Like seriously?? So the law was abolished eh?? Kai,, this one now no be twisting, na direct opposite of the word of JESUS CHRIST himself which don't even need divine understanding to understand. This one wey even dey clear self wey even outsiders go understand. Wow!
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. " (Matthew 5:17-18)
Whether you believe o, whether you no believe o, till heaven and earth pass away, verilly verily, one jot, shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled. Yes o

Tithing was never a law? Have ye read the Book of law? Or na just the ten commandments you're talking about?

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation." (Malachi 3:8-9)

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by BodyKiss(m): 1:10am On Oct 09, 2014
bolaino:
so According to your logic my good man, we should allow people with dangerous ideologies like the islamic militants ISIS and Boko haram continue their forms of sabotage, because they have freewill?

Good question. I wonder why such freewill wasn't accorded to Saul of tarsus when he was heading to damascus?

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 6:49am On Oct 09, 2014
BodyKiss:

Good question. I wonder why such freewill wasn't accorded to Saul of tarsus when he was heading to damascus?
I concur.
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by CrazyMan(m): 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
emmyskies:
@ Crazyman :

Lol...you intentionally refuse to quote the scriptures in a biblical discussion...how then do you expect people to learn from your post absent biblical references?

emmyskies:
Well, without writing much, you that interrupt don't know much about the scriptures still. Forgive me for saying that.
And you that know so much about the scriptures, why do you find it very difficult to quote it to back up your arguments?

emmyskies:
You don't even know when tithing was introduced.
Ok then...tell us which biblical evidence when it (tithing) was introduced.

emmyskies:
Hmmm,,,when even Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek,
Please don't misquote the scriptures. Abraham wasn't ordered by anyone to pay. Secondly the tithe Abraham gave to melchizedek was a tenth of his what he plundered from the war he fought and not his belongings.

It was more like a thanksgiving offering to God for making him victorious in the war against Chedorlaomer and the kings of Sodom.

emmyskies:
Paul even talked on this when comparing the priesthood of Melchizedek and the Levites,
Kindly post a bible passage of paul telling the early church to pay tithe as you claim in your post above.

emmyskies:
even Jacob made a tithing vow unto the LORD if He return safely to his father's house when he was fleeing before Esau. Hmmm, what more can I say?
You mean this passage?

Genesis 28:20-22
20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,

21 So that I come again to my father’s house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:

22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God’s house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Note God never asked Jacob to pay any tithe.

Jacob made a vow to God of his own will and ability.

Just like the passage below.

2 Chorithians 9:7
 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Jacob gave a tenth of his belongings to God not because God requested for it, but because he saw it as a fulfillment of a vow he made personally with God.

The only place where God specifically mandated people to pay tithe was in the cas of the israelites (see my previous post).

emmyskies:
Tithing was never abolished in the new testament. It was not talked about much because it is a sure thing everyone know to be done.
Lol...sure thing and Jesus nor his disciples never bothered to mention it even once.

Sure thing indeed.

emmyskies:
As hypocrites justify themselves with good works of paying tithe. No be now wey... make I close mouth. Make I no talk. If ye have the spirit, He will give you understanding.
The spirit has already given me understanding.

emmyskies:
TWow!!! Like seriously?? So the law was abolished eh?? Kai,, this one now no be twisting, na direct opposite of the word of JESUS CHRIST himself which don't even need divine understanding to understand. This one wey even dey clear self wey even outsiders go understand. Wow!

Lol it may be clear to outsiders, it certainly isn't clear to you.

I would give you valid biblical proofs to show you that Jesus abolished the law of moses.

John 8:3-6
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Let's also see.
Matthew 12:10-13
 10 ¶And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.

11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

Now according to you, if the law wasn't abolished, why then did Jesus prevent the adulterous woman from being stoned?

According to the law she ought to have been stoned, so are you saying that Jesus broke the law by allowing the woman live?

And in the second passage would you accuse Jesus of healing a paralyzed man like the pharisees simply because he broke the law?

In case you don't know Christ abolished the law of moses because it was no longer relevant.

That's why we no longer offer bulls and goats as antonment for our sins, because christ has already paid the price with his blood.

emmyskies:

Yes tithing was never a law...I stand by my decision until you provide valid proof (apart from God's command to the children of israel concerning the levities) of Jesus asking us to pay tithe.

emmyskies:
Lol when next you quote the bible for references purpose, be honest enough to quote the full context.

That passage if you read from verse 6 was God speaking to the children of israel because they cheated him by not giving the levites their rightful share of his blessings (tithes) hence he (God) made that statement.

I'm not surprised the way by which MOG have turned and twisted it to mean the church of our generation in order to milk gullible members dry.

emmyskies:
I would stop when you stop...until then we'll continue to quote each other.

God bless you also.

4 Likes

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
CrazyMan:

Lol...you intentionally refuse to quote the scriptures in a biblical discussion...how then do you expect people to learn from your post absent biblical references?

And you that know so much about the scriptures, why do you find it very difficult to quote it to back up your arguments?

Ok then...tell us which biblical evidence when it (tithing) was introduced.

Please don't misquote the scriptures. Abraham wasn't ordered by anyone to pay. Secondly the tithe Abraham gave to melchizedek was a tenth of his what he plundered from the war he fought and not his belongings.

It was more like a thanksgiving offering to God for making him victorious in the war against Chedorlaomer and the kings of Sodom.

Kindly post a bible passage of paul telling the early church to pay tithe as you claim in your post above.

You mean this passage?

Genesis 28:20-22
20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,

21 So that I come again to my father’s house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:

22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God’s house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Note God never asked Jacob to pay any tithe.

Jacob made a vow to God of his own will and ability.

Just like the passage below.

2 Chorithians 9:7
 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Jacob gave a tenth of his belongings to God not because God requested for it, but because he saw it as a fulfillment of a vow he made personally with God.

The only place where God specifically mandated people to pay tithe was in the cas of the israelites (see my previous post).

Lol...sure thing and Jesus nor his disciples never bothered to mention it even once.

Sure thing indeed.

The spirit has already given me understanding.

Lol it may be clear to outsiders, it certainly isn't clear to you.

I would give you valid biblical proofs to show you that Jesus abolished the law of moses.

John 8:3-6
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Let's also see.
Matthew 12:10-13
 10 ¶And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.

11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

Now according to you, if the law wasn't abolished, why then did Jesus prevent the adulterous woman from being stoned?

According to the law she ought to have been stoned, so are you saying that Jesus broke the law by allowing the woman live?

And in the second passage would you accuse Jesus of healing a paralyzed man like the pharisees simply because he broke the law?

In case you don't know Christ abolished the law of moses because it was no longer relevant.

That's why we no longer offer bulls and goats as antonment for our sins, because christ has already paid the price with his blood.

Yes tithing was never a law...I stand by my decision until you provide valid proof (apart from God's command to the children of israel concerning the levities) of Jesus asking us to pay tithe.

Lol when next you quote the bible for references purpose, be honest enough to quote the full context.

That passage if you read from verse 6 was God speaking to the children of israel because they cheated him by not giving the levites their rightful share of his blessings (tithes) hence he (God) made that statement.

I'm not surprised the way by which MOG have turned and twisted it to mean the church of our generation in order to milk gullible members dry.

I would stop when you stop...until then we'll continue to quote each other.

God bless you also.
Hmmm, You Try oo.

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by Nmeri17: 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
Billyonaire:

So where was God, when where ever he is, was being created, and by whom ? There is nothing like God. Because the world wasnt even created.

1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.

I can only be grateful to God for the grace to believe without questions. Oniah u should believe too wink . God was the Creator that wasn't created. that's why he's God. He created light and air and every thing yo imagination can grasp was at the beginning. He is actually the beginning smiley hallelujah!!

1 Like

Re: The Tithe Fraud. by bolaino(m): 6:38am On Oct 19, 2014
Nmeri17:

1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.

I can only be grateful to God for the grace to believe without questions. Oniah u should believe too wink . God was the Creator that wasn't created. that's why he's God. He created light and air and every thing yo imagination can grasp was at the beginning. He is actually the beginning smiley hallelujah!!
so, simply put, you'll pay tithe today.
Re: The Tithe Fraud. by Nmeri17: 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
bolaino:
so, simply put, you'll pay tithe today.

sure I did. Malachi 3:10. But we are not under the law anymore. you'd rather keep the tithe to yoself than not give it giving it willingly. God is not poor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can These Women Protest Like This In Saudi Arabia? / The Fail-safe Way For You To Receive The Holy Spirit. / How Does The Translation Process Impact The Inspiration, Inerrancy Of The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.