Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus (2724 Views)

(photos) A Look At The Africa Most Beautiful Campus / Pictures Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus / Is Oau Truly The Most Beautiful Campus In 9ja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Davo93(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
By Damilola Toblan

I could not hold my tears seeing africa's most beautiful campus writhe in Blackout... crying bitterly, I was touched, I ran to her with anxiety and I asked her, "Wondered why we are suffering yet smiling?"

I have never seen a prettier campus, so beautiful despite her age. She looked like a damsel, so beautiful, an epitome of beauty, a pride to other african campuses, the desire of every student, colourful and wonderfully made!

Million questions came to my mind. Why is this beauty campus in Oppression? Why is this black Model crawling now? I asked her majesty gently, "Why?"

I could not hold my tears when she replied me with soft and angelic voice:

"My son, as you can see, I am a campus of 52years old. I am the best, famous campus in Nigeria. I am so blessed, and I have a lot of structures. I have become the envy of every campuses. Even the most societal, strong and powerful African campuses pray to be like me.

"I have given birth to over 5 million princes and princesses who are shakers and movers all of the economy. But what a pity! Many of these princes and princesses scattered all over the world never look back at their "alma Mata" as if I am nobody. Those at home who are supposed to walk majestically round my palace and enjoy all my riches are in fright of the Unknown!

"Where are my pride, honour, dignity, strength, glory and royalty, when most of my children are suffering despite all I have? Other campuses who used to fear me, appreciate my beauty, tremble because of my wisdom, who saw me then as example now mock me! Even those that use to run to me then for help and assistance, they all see me now as nothing, and none of them accord me my respect again! So why won't I cry?" I have been silenced by those I give Chicken wen my greatness was enormous.

Tears were rushing down from my face I feel for this caring campus as she continued her story: "Most painful is that my children don't see each other as siblings again! The foreign and imported ideologies have tore them apart, Unionism made them separate themselves, and politics put a sword between them.

"What a pity! Many of my beautiful damsels have turned to night hawkers and the Guys are not slumbering on Moz 101!

I was so sad, in my sober mood I asked her, "Ma, with all your Glories, why are your children still suffering like this?"

She replied, "Due to selfishness of few, due to some wicked persons amongst them who are in charge of these resources! They wine and dine all day while students are home-less due to hostel palava and languish in darkness! They are getting richer and wealthier daily forgetting that their good deeds will surpass their age on Earth!"

I tried to comfort this beautiful Campus, but the more efforts I offered, the more she cried. What a Campus! The pride of Campushood!

She concluded, "I won't stop crying until my children are happy, until I see the end of their suffering, until I see smiles on their beautiful faces! Until OAU 9 is reinstated! I have liberators, giants, saviours, freedom fighters and the Moses(Ibikunle) who will lead my children back to my golden throne!I believe"

This is a clarion call to all of us! Together we can redeem the fading glory. Together we can build this nation. Lefties and Righties, let's build this campus together! Both good and bad people could be found in every setting. Let's join hands together and build a campus where justice and peace reign!

Long live Great Ife Union!!!
Long Live OAU vigilant!!
Long Live OAU!!!

The writer of this Opinion, Damilola Toblan Dspice is a student of the Faculty of Law, Obafemi Awolowo University.

http://www.oaupeeps.com/2014/10/the-tears-of-africas-most-beautiful.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nice write up.
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by xtian234(m): 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
Thumbs up.....i felt same remouse to this great citedral of learning
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by hatux: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
Excellent write up' thumbs up
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by bosunjohns(m): 12:46am On Oct 06, 2014
Excellent! Mods fp please.
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by nefertiitii: 2:24am On Oct 06, 2014
Greatest ifeeeeee!!!!
alma mater
Spider things
Fotab-ajebandele
Spices
Rotunda
New buka
Quarters
Captain Cook
Conference Centre
Ongbona
Mayfair
Sabo
Lagere
Ede rd
Ajigbona
Samtad
Diganga
Motel Royale
Bolex
Alex Duduyemi
I miss the old days!!!
Oba Awon Uni
SUPERB PIECE U WROTE!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Nobody: 2:54am On Oct 06, 2014
Maintenance culture in this country is zero,where everybody feels everything should be left for the government.

Reviving this country begin with You,and I.

2 Likes

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Davo93(m): 5:48am On Oct 06, 2014
bosunjohns:
Excellent! Mods fp please.
Obinoscopy Richiez Fynestboi Seun
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by joe4christ(m): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2014
Incase it hits FP. Let the world know that i was here...
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by duni04(m): 7:20am On Oct 06, 2014
undecided
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by duni04(m): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2014
fimbar25:
Nice write up.
Serzly? undecided
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by omolizzy(f): 7:49am On Oct 06, 2014
Nigeria my country....God visit our land.
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Donkaz(m): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2014
Nice
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2014
I hope this makes front page. Have got to know the feeling grin @op Nice write up though.
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Buchukwu: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2014
Government should make our education good again.
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by sekzy99(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2014
Hmmm
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by finfol007(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2014
i there,fellow nurses...how was your day?
,there is a new nursing channel here on blackberry....some of you might have joined,some of you might not have...its ok....here is the channel pin. C00241581 ...(if you are not sure on what blackberry channels is all about, just click on the pin C00241581.then click join,aftrrwards check your bbm feeds/updates...u wont regeret it) this channel was created to share information about nursing and nurses which includes....regular nursing news,nursing jobs in Nigeria and abroad,nursing research,new nursing trends...e.t.c..lets together form a unified body here on bbm....
cheers({})

if the pin aint going through,try this link.... http://www.bbm.com/bbm/en/add-channel.html?bbmInviteId=C00241581

Afterward,click on open in bbm...

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by 100Cents: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2014
Make I refuel, I dey come..

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by alentyno: 9:42am On Oct 06, 2014
^^^ LWKMD grin
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by bolaino(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2014
Davo93:
By Damilola Toblan

I could not hold my tears seeing africa's most beautiful campus writhe in Blackout... crying bitterly, I was touched, I ran to her with anxiety and I asked her, "Wondered why we are suffering yet smiling?"

I have never seen a prettier campus, so beautiful despite her age. She looked like a damsel, so beautiful, an epitome of beauty, a pride to other african campuses, the desire of every student, colourful and wonderfully made!

Million questions came to my mind. Why is this beauty campus in Oppression? Why is this black Model crawling now? I asked her majesty gently, "Why?"

I could not hold my tears when she replied me with soft and angelic voice:

"My son, as you can see, I am a campus of 52years old. I am the best, famous campus in Nigeria. I am so blessed, and I have a lot of structures. I have become the envy of every campuses. Even the most societal, strong and powerful African campuses pray to be like me.

"I have given birth to over 5 million princes and princesses who are shakers and movers all of the economy. But what a pity! Many of these princes and princesses scattered all over the world never look back at their "alma Mata" as if I am nobody. Those at home who are supposed to walk majestically round my palace and enjoy all my riches are in fright of the Unknown!

"Where are my pride, honour, dignity, strength, glory and royalty, when most of my children are suffering despite all I have? Other campuses who used to fear me, appreciate my beauty, tremble because of my wisdom, who saw me then as example now mock me! Even those that use to run to me then for help and assistance, they all see me now as nothing, and none of them accord me my respect again! So why won't I cry?" I have been silenced by those I give Chicken wen my greatness was enormous.

Tears were rushing down from my face I feel for this caring campus as she continued her story: "Most painful is that my children don't see each other as siblings again! The foreign and imported ideologies have tore them apart, Unionism made them separate themselves, and politics put a sword between them.

"What a pity! Many of my beautiful damsels have turned to night hawkers and the Guys are not slumbering on Moz 101!

I was so sad, in my sober mood I asked her, "Ma, with all your Glories, why are your children still suffering like this?"

She replied, "Due to selfishness of few, due to some wicked persons amongst them who are in charge of these resources! They wine and dine all day while students are home-less due to hostel palava and languish in darkness! They are getting richer and wealthier daily forgetting that their good deeds will surpass their age on Earth!"

I tried to comfort this beautiful Campus, but the more efforts I offered, the more she cried. What a Campus! The pride of Campushood!

She concluded, "I won't stop crying until my children are happy, until I see the end of their suffering, until I see smiles on their beautiful faces! Until OAU 9 is reinstated! I have liberators, giants, saviours, freedom fighters and the Moses(Ibikunle) who will lead my children back to my golden throne!I believe"

This is a clarion call to all of us! Together we can redeem the fading glory. Together we can build this nation. Lefties and Righties, let's build this campus together! Both good and bad people could be found in every setting. Let's join hands together and build a campus where justice and peace reign!

Long live Great Ife Union!!!
Long Live OAU vigilant!!
Long Live OAU!!!

The writer of this Opinion, Damilola Toblan Dspice is a student of the Faculty of Law, Obafemi Awolowo University.

http://www.oaupeeps.com/2014/10/the-tears-of-africas-most-beautiful.html
you dey cry for the campus because na your papa get am. Smh. Nigerians una too dey form.

1 Like

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by alentyno: 10:05am On Oct 06, 2014
bolaino:
you dey cry for the campus because na your papa get am. Smh. Nigerians una too dey form.
Your thinking is alarmingly negative!

1 Like

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Geenet: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2014
Nice one
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by endymion: 10:22am On Oct 06, 2014
How great is OAU?
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by bolaino(m): 10:34am On Oct 06, 2014
alentyno:

tanchu
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by LOC1(m): 10:35am On Oct 06, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Babysho(m): 11:08am On Oct 06, 2014
Booked just incase it makes front page...value as at now #142,500
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by destante(f): 11:15am On Oct 06, 2014
this is one Nigerian school I would have loved to attend, other than the ui. Every school deteriorates in one aspect or the other these days I guess.

1 Like

Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by fr3do(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2014
Mtchhhhhhhhhhhhhew
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by daxon001(m): 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
100Cents:
Make I refuel, I dey come..
Pix of oil entering d gen jor
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by eckersley: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
alentyno:

Your saving grace is that there's no dislike/HATE button. You for hear am for my hand.
Pseudo-patriots. Mtcheww
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Lorlaahlozz: 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nice write up
Re: The Tears Of Africa's Most Beautiful Campus by Kunlexic(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nice @ OP...

If we also look at it most buidings are supposed to be repainted,and also the halls of residence need to be renovated.

(1) (Reply)

(Comment) Nairaland Interschool Debate 2nd Edition - The Summary / Quantitative Reasoning Question / 10 Different STUDENTS And How They React To SCHOOL REOPENING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.