Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. (4514 Views)

Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Yossykit: 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
Pls i wish to know if God truly matchmakes. I have scanned through the bible and am yet to see where it is written. In 1corinthians 7:1-40, paul spoke extensively on marriage but never mentioned that God matchmakes, only spoke on marrying in d lord (christians). But many pastors claim dat God matchmakes. If truely God match makes, is it only by dreams one can know? Is it possible dat satan can influence ones dream on dis issue and one wil tink its frm God. Pls if God truely match makes, how can one know? Pls help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Kanwulia: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
I always get a kick from this your GOD without his or her own marriage. . . . Telling y'awl about marriage bans and ordination!

The utmost arrogance! cheesy
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Yossykit: 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
@kenwulia, pls withdraw any abusive word. Jst giv ur own opinion. Tnx

3 Likes

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by KanwuliaJara: 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yossykit:
@kenwulia, pls withdraw any abusive word. Jst giv ur own opinion. Tnx

Please, go and report to spambot! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by dytbabe: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Please, go and report to spambot! kiss

grin grin grin grin
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by kcstyle40(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Interesting question..... I wana know too.... * just finished reading about how isaac found his wife*
*** spreads mat*** #observing
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by laplace12(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Its not about wether God matchmakes or not.

The issue is that God is concerned about everything that has to do with you as a child of God, marriage inclusive.

He is interested on who you marry just like he is interested in your health and career.

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Saraha1(f): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
Marriage is more like someone who needs God direction in life.

When we involve God in the issue of marriage I tell you that you can never make any mistake. The problem we have is that we want things to be done in our way, remember wht he says in Jeremaih 29V 11.
God speak to us through our dreams , because he knew that is the best channel of communication.

Devil also manipulate our dream life, but when you need God to speak , then you should be able to use bible verse to back up your prayer. That alone bring confusion into the camp of the enemy.
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by NifemiOlu(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
My pastor made it clear. God will NEVER choose a partner for you. He did it with Adam and he blamed God. More so, as OP has pointed out, Paul never mentioned it as well.
You have absolute right to choose whoever you want but you must put God into it by praying. Look at many Christian homes, do you actually think it's God's design that they're breaking...even Pastor's marriage or do you want to say pastor didn't pray before getting a wife?
God will never superimpose someone on you. NEVER.

Summary: God won't say "Tunde, look at Sarah. That's your wife. Marry her."...except in few and specific cases but generally dear, God won't chose for you o.

2 Likes

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Kirinwa: 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
This thread is meant for Religion section.
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Yossykit: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Saraha1:
Marriage is more like someone who needs God direction in life.

When we involve God in the issue of marriage I tell you that you can never make any mistake. The problem we have is that we want things to be done in our way, remember wht he says in Jeremaih 29V 11.
God speak to us through our dreams , because he knew that is the best channel of communication.

Devil also manipulate our dream life, but when you need God to speak , then you should be able to use bible verse to back up your prayer. That alone bring confusion into the camp of the enemy.
tnx so much@saraha, but i tink bible shud be our standard. Uptil nw, i hav nt seen whr God match make in the bible. Paul's teaching based on luv and christianity not seeing someone in ur dream and u admit he/she is ur spouse. A sister is in a dilema nw. She is in a rlship(holy one though), bt recently she's seeing another brother in her dream. Nw she's is confuse. My ques is that is there any place in the bible or any xters in the bible that God match make tru dreams or vision like wht is now happening in xtristainity?. Besides, medical status is now the basis in some church...so where is the standard for God's will.
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Yossykit: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kirinwa:
This thread is meant for Religion section.
it was a mistake, i didnt know. So sorry.
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by NifemiOlu(m): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yossykit:
tnx so much@saraha, but i tink bible shud be our standard. Uptil nw, i hav nt seen whr God match make in the bible. Paul's teaching based on luv and christianity not seeing someone in ur dream and u admit he/she is ur spouse. A sister is in a dilema nw. She is in a rlship(holy one though), bt recently she's seeing another brother in her dream. Nw she's is confuse. My ques is that is there any place in the bible or any xters in the bible that God match make tru dreams or vision like wht is now happening in xtristainity?. Besides, medical status is now the basis in some church...so where is the standard for God's will.

You see. Dream...that's her inner desire (unconscious desire). That's what she wants. And you said churches use medical stuff now. Dear, the churches doing so are absolutely right because God doesn't choose. You like someone, pray to God and declare what you want in that person. #Dazzal
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Yossykit: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
NifemiOlu:

You see. Dream...that's her inner desire (unconscious desire). That's what she wants. And you said churches use medical stuff now. Dear, the churches doing so are absolutely right because God doesn't choose. You like someone, pray to God and declare what you want in that person and God will refine it if He chooses.
infact, in churches like Dlbc, Mfm, i dnt av idea of rccg. After seeing d so call will, if ur genotype contradict, then u have not pray through at all. So my humble question is that does God actually match make... Issue of marriage was discussed in detail by paul in 1cor 7:1-40. Apostle paul never mentioned match making throughout his teaching, only discussed love and xtainity. So i'm eager to know if God truely match make o.
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by GreenBobo: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2014

Pls i wish to know if God truly matchmakes.
If you know how to hear from God and if you know his voice! Definitely, God can "match" you to a prudent woman as a wife!
Proverbs 19 vs 14

If truely God match makes, is it only by dreams one can know?
Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
✔Dreams (Joseph)
✔Prayer n Fasting (Daniel)
✔Through a man or prophet of God (Your pastor, etc )

Is it possible dat satan can influence ones
dream
Satan often appears deceptively as an angel of light. He uses counterfeit ministers who appear genuine, but are actually fraudulent deceivers. ( 2Corinthians 11:13–15 ). But if you know the truth, it'll definitely set you free. (John 8 vs 32).

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by NifemiOlu(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yossykit:
infact, in churches like Dlbc, Mfm, i dnt av idea of rccg. After seeing d so call will, if ur genotype contradict, then u have not pray through at all. So my humble question is that does God actually match make... Issue of marriage was discussed in detail by paul in 1cor 7:1-40. Apostle paul never mentioned match making throughout his teaching, only discussed love and xtainity. So i'm eager to know if God truely match make o.

God doesn't match make. All those churches can't be wrong and I've said it...EXCEPT some few cases where God personally directs the person but generally, He doesn't. Pastors have heard voices, done great, healed the sick and yet marriage failed. So when it comes to God, there's no one-way traffic. Generally, God doesn't. I have 1001 testimonies to prove it.
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Saraha1(f): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yossykit:

Hmm.
Well to the best of my knowledge when ever I need God to reveal something very important to me, I make sure I quote this bible verse.(Daniel 2V 22) that scripture had never failed me for once, also the book of Colo 1Vs 26.
Like I said earlier on, most of us are to concern with what will want for our self and not what God desire for us.
God can never lie. His not a confusionist.
Remember he said he honour his words more than his name. Also in proverb 18V 22 gives us understanding of what it means when you find a good wife/ husband.

If truly that person had prayed a vibrate prayer and God his showing her someone else ,hmm, then she needs to be careful with her choice. Remember the ways of God are not the ways of Men.
I think this thread should be in religion section.
All is well.
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by tpia1: 3:35am On Oct 07, 2014
God will not do the finding for you, its something you have to do yourself.

If you are waiting for God to cherrypick a partner on your behalf because you are too lazy to look for one , you are on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Drsnives(m): 3:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Come to deeper life and you will understand better, but wait i never even read the trend self
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Yossykit: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2014
Drsnives:
Come to deeper life and you will understand better, but wait i never even read the trend self
pls tell me what i will understand better in Deeper life.
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 07, 2014
I would prefer not to use the term: 'Match-make'. God can give someone directions with respect to finding his or her life partner but His directions are not forced on us. We still reserve the right to say NO to those directions and choose our own path.

The directive God gives is more like a two way street. If God gives you directions on how, when and where to find your spouse, expect him to also prepare the individual to receive you favourably.

I have seen so many cases where peeps try to woo their 'intending' spouses with the line: "God said you are my wife or husband" when the lady or guy has no idea what you are talking about.

Revelations about one's future spouse can occur but they are very rare these days. It is always advisable to put every spirit to the test. I would advise personally for you not to rely on any revelation.

Pray to God, most definitely, to direct and bless your search then go ahead to choose the one that most suit your set criteria. It would be helpful to go on dates.

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by mekzyjoe(m): 8:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Kanwulia:
I always get a kick from this your GOD without his or her own marriage. . . . Telling y'awl about marriage bans and ordination!

The utmost arrogance! cheesy
. U r sick n stupiid,,jst to let u no....notin is funny abt u n ur post,,,,always a fool..mofo

2 Likes

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Yossykit: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:
I would prefer not to use the term: 'Match-make'. God can give someone directions with respect to finding his or her life partner but His directions are not forced on us. We still reserve the right to say NO to those directions and choose our own path.

The directive God gives is more like a two way street. If God gives you directions on how, when and where to find your spouse, expect him to also prepare the individual to receive you favourably.

I have seen so many cases where peeps try to woo their 'intending' spouses with the line: "God said you are my wife or husband" when the lady or guy has no idea what you are talking about.

Revelations about one's future spouse can occur but they are very rare these days. It is always advisable to put every spirit to the test. I would advise personally for you not to rely on any revelation.

Pray to God, most definitely, to direct and bless your search then go ahead to choose the one that most suit your set criteria. It would be helpful to go on dates.
tnk u so much. Pls do u think its normal 4 a sister to propose to a brother she saw in her dream, or to show signs maybe by moving closer to him.?
Second ques.. D sister in ques is in a rlshp (HOLY ONE) and she and her fiance love demsevs so much. Bt she is now seeing another brother in her dream. Can satan influence her dreams or can we say is from God?
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2014
Yossykit:
tnk u so much. Pls do u think its normal 4 a sister to propose to a brother she saw in her dream, or to show signs maybe by moving closer to him.?
Second ques.. D sister in ques is in a rlshp (HOLY ONE) and she and her fiance love demsevs so much. Bt she is now seeing another brother in her dream. Can satan influence her dreams or can we say is from God?

I would advice the sister to stick to her fiance. Dreams are not always revelations from God. Some may be as a result of our subconscious playing out somethings we may have been exposed to, one way or the other, during the day.

Love is a beautiful thing. We should not compromise it for anyone or anything. If indeed the sister is sure that her fiance loves her, shows this love in action and she also love and cherish him in return then both of them should stick together.

Let her pray for her current relationship and ask God to strengthen her and her fiance to grow more in love. It is important to pray for God's will! If indeed it is His will for them to be together, then let it be done.

It may be devastating for the sister to go close to the other guy for a number of reasons.

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Yossykit: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

I would advice the sister to stick to her fiance. Dreams are not always revelations from God. Some may be as a result of our subconscious playing out somethings we may have been exposed to, one way or the other, during the day.

Love is a beautiful thing. We should not compromise it for anyone or anything. If indeed the sister is sure that her fiance loves her, shows this love in action and she also love and cherish him in return then both of them should stick together.

Let her pray for her current relationship and ask God to strengthen her and her fiance to grow more in love. It is important to pray for God's will! If indeed it is His will for them to be together, then let it be done.

It may be devastating for the sister to go close to the other guy for a number of reasons.
tnk u so much. I will let her see this. Even in the teaching of paul on marriage in 1cor 7:1-40, he dwelled more on love and xtianity. Infact, he never mentioned this issue of dreaming to see ur spouse. And i believe bible should be our standard as xtians. Tnx so much.

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by HFOG(f): 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
The Bible says in Proverbs that a prudent wife is from the Lord. If you're looking for where the Bible says God'll choose a job, course etc for you verbatim, you might be disappointed. As many as are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. What areas in our lives is the spirit of God restricted from leading us? My sheep hear my voice... In what aspects of our lives. God will not jump to marriage to lead you when you've not cultivated listening to Him in other decisions you had to take.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by HFOG(f): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
I may not be able to vouch for others but I know the Lord leads me in several areas of my life. Academic, financial, material, relationship, physical etc just name it. He never forces anyone. Proverbs says acknowledge Him in ALL your ways and He'll direct your part. Getting to know anybody isn't a day's job. It takes loads of time, sacrifices and committment and the same thing applies to our relationship with the Lord. He only speaks to His sheep, His sons. If you are a sincere seeker you'll surely find Him. Hebrews 11:6. He's a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Just begin from little things. God's interested in everything that concerns you. Don't ignore God through out life and expect to get His attention when marriage matters crop up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by ideology(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
HFOG:
The Bible says in Proverbs that a prudent wife is from the Lord. If you're looking for where the Bible says God'll choose a job, course etc for you verbatim, you might be disappointed. As many as are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. What areas in our lives is the spirit of God restricted from leading us? My sheep hear my voice... In what aspects of our lives. God will not jump to marriage to lead you when you've not cultivated listening to Him in other decisions you had to take.

What a prespective …
Babe I love this wisdom

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by HFOG(f): 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
ideology:

What a prespective …
Babe I love this wisdom
When my big head bursts you'll be the prime suspect ok?
Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by ideology(m): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
HFOG:

When my big head bursts you'll be the prime suspect ok?
Kikikiki, no worries, we will try plastic surgery hehehe

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by Saraha1(f): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
HFOG:
I may not be able to vouch for others but I know the Lord leads me in several areas of my life. Academic, financial, material, relationship, physical etc just name it. He never forces anyone. Proverbs says acknowledge Him in ALL your ways and He'll direct your part. Getting to know anybody isn't a day's job. It takes loads of time, sacrifices and committment and the same thing applies to our relationship with the Lord. He only speaks to His sheep, His sons. If you are a sincere seeker you'll surely find Him. Hebrews 11:6. He's a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Just begin from little things. God's interested in everything that concerns you. Don't ignore God through out life and expect to get His attention when marriage matters crop up
God bless you. That just the honest truth.

1 Like

Re: Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help. by HFOG(f): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
Saraha1:

God bless you. That just the honest truth.
Amen, sweets. God bless and keep you too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Various Ways The Bible Defines Faith / Some Basic Truths And Facts That Catholics Must Know / Nigeria's Songs Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.