Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? (1404 Views)

Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? / What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? / 1st Time You Saw Your Younger-Sister With A Guy: Your Reaction ? (2) (3) (4)

Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
I've always wondered why we think differently in this part of the world and one aspects that baffles me a lot is the issue of marriage. Many nigerian cultures and families see it as a taboo for your younger ones to get married before you and I don't know why that should be so. In my opinion, there's absolutely nothing wrong in it but many cultures think otherwise. Have your say and mature contribution is welcomed.
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by phemmy88(m): 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
nothing like that
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
phemmy88:
nothing like that
Well there is....a friend was a victim of this.
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by laplace12(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
There is nothing like that. Anyone can get married anytime
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by ronald4lif(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
In my state, anambra, it used to be frown upon some years ago when a girl gets married before her eldest sister commonly known as nwa-ada but recent events as shown that such culture abi na believe is being gradually eroded. For the men, we don't consider it much, a last son in the family can marry before the eldest and its no big deal. I think anyone can marry first, if and when ready, even if its the last child. Such is olden days mentality, times have changed.
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
Op, there is nothing WRONG with dat. If one's younger bro/sis is ready b4 him/her, he/she should go ahead! Marriage is not by BIRTH RYT.

Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by GoodFaith: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
All fingers are not the same
take ur time
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yes, it's a big taboo. As a matter of fact, if any of your younger siblings should get married before you, then you are doom to stay single till eternity. And only true love first kiss can save ya. ** Evil Laugh**
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by GoodFaith: 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
TrollMan:
Yes, it's a big taboo. As a matter of fact, if any of your younger siblings should get married before you, then you are doom to stay single till eternity. And only true love first kiss can save ya. ** Evil Laugh**
Please go get help
Everything have it time for all individuals
God have plan for all of us
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
GoodFaith:

Please go get help
Everything have it time for all individuals
God have plan for all of us

That was SARCASM.
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by chimerase2: 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Amu the last born cheesy
And ma elder brodas have settled down
Just dropped ma pen recently but I dnt fink of getting married nw I still hv like 10 more yrs grin grin
Ma future wife go wait tire grin grin
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
ronald4lif:
In my state, anambra, it used to be frown upon some years ago when a girl gets married before her eldest sister commonly known as nwa-ada but recent events as shown that such culture abi na believe is being gradually eroded. For the men, we don't consider it much, a last son in the family can marry before the eldest and its no big deal. I think anyone can marry first, if and when ready, even if its the last child. Such is olden days mentality, times have changed.
The nwa-ada stuff must have been a menace to many. That was crazy.
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
chimerase2:
Amu the last born cheesy
And ma elder brodas have settled down
Just dropped ma pen recently but I dnt fink of getting married nw I still hv like 10 more yrs grin grin
Ma future wife go wait tire grin grin
Hmm...the man of God..why wait for ten years ? Isn't that even too much. I'm sure u wouldn't have waited any longer if u had younger ones..
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
TrollMan:
. Trollman any reason why its a big taboo ?
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Her younger sister married at 23, she was 25 and said, "not ready yet". She got to 30 still unmarried, her sister has 2 kids already. Clocking 36 she began to "shine eye" shocked and a session of deliverance and prayers commenced. The sister has a 3rd child.
To God be the glory she finally married at the age of 38.

So Never let your younger sister marry before you. lipsrsealed

Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by chimerase2: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Arva:

Hmm...the man of God..why wait for ten years ? Isn't that even too much. I'm sure u wouldn't have waited any longer if u had younger ones..
oya will u marry de man of God angry
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by ebolablast: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
Arva:
. Trollman any reason why its a big taboo ?

Are you seriously asking me this again? *sighs*
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
IMO its not a taboo.. but i'll want to get married bfor my younger ones..
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by valmunich(m): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kini Big Deal undecided
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Chukkasy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
its not a taboo, but it makes sense when marriage starts from the eldest........for girls sha, they're always in a hurry to marry
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by MisterLongman(m): 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
Its not a taboo...... But the person involved will be prone to stigmatisation
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
Most of the laws available on that are gradually giving way to civilization and common sense.
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
krall:
Her younger sister married at 23, she was 25 and said, "not ready yet". She got to 30 still unmarried, her sister has 2 kids already. Clocking 36 she began to "shine eye" shocked and a session of deliverance and prayers commenced. The sister has a 3rd child.
To God be the glory she finally married at the age of 38.

So Never let your younger sister marry before you. lipsrsealed
¸.*´¯`*ЩØЩ..ŦRЦЄ ßЦŦ ŦЦИИY ŦÂĿҚ ßY ŦĦЄ ЩÂY.*´¯`*.¸
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by 2aces(m): 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
Well my dear i do have alot to say about this your topic, but ill say little for now. The cultures and traditions you see and experience now didnt start just yesterday, they have been in existence for decades before the evolution of modern day civilisation. So our fore fathers had so many believes they embedded in their cultures and traditions which if put to test in our modern day life, may seen odd and insane, others(like in the medical field) might still be acceptable due to their eficacy in our modern world. So to cut a long story short, ill say most of us in the modern world still practice those traditions not for the fact that they are unaware of the falacy that goes with it, but just to avoid breaking a trend they didnt start in the first place and to avoid being discriminated against by their kins men.

Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
2aces:
Well my dear i do have alot to say about this your topic, but ill say little for now. The cultures and traditions you see and experience now didnt start just yesterday, they have been in existence for decades before the evolution of modern day civilisation. So our fore fathers had so many believes they embedded in their cultures and traditions which if put to test in our modern day life, may seen odd and insane, others(like in the medical field) might still be acceptable due to their eficacy in our modern world. So to cut a long story short, ill say most of us in the modern world still practice those traditions not for the fact that they are unaware of the falacy that goes with it, but just to avoid breaking a trend they didnt start in the first place and to avoid being discriminated against by their kins men.
Can u tell me some cultures that still practice this trend 2aces ?
Re: Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? by omoelu1(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
it is an unideal and uncivilized ideology.
why the heck should my younger one's journey be delayed because of me or have mine delayed because of my elder ones.
nobody fit follow me talk that kain thing sha

Why Marriages Fail And Scare People. / : Ladies... A Man Would Only Marry The Women He Wants To Marry(must Read). / Why Are Girls So Judgemental On Pretty Girls?