Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? (18377 Views)

1st Time You Saw Your Younger-Sister With A Guy: Your Reaction ? / How Can I Tell If My Husband Is Married In Nigeria Or Was Married Before? / How Would You Feel If Your Younger Sister Gets Married Before U Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2013
Please o nlanders, can someone tell me what is wrong with it?..my friend is about getting married before her 2 elder sisters but her family is objecting because she wants to marry first..its somehow but what is wrong with it??

Is it tradition or a law for the oldest to get married first?

Is the law stil en vogue ?
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Omolola1(f): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2013
There's nothing wrong with it, you can't question God

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Iaz93: 11:10am On Oct 10, 2013
I don't see anything wrong in getting married before an elder sibling. They want to use tradition to tie her down. SMH! So I must wait for the older ones to marry before I marry, even if they are not ready? See Gobe oh!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by emorse(m): 11:16am On Oct 10, 2013
Its just one of those things that our ancestors used to do. And for no sane reason, we're finding it difficult to stop.
#African culture.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by didicold(f): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2013
Absolutely nothing wrong with it, she should just go and meet her spiritual leaders so they can talk some sense into her parents

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Qsscruz(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2013
There is absolutely nothing wrong in getting married before your elder siblings.There is no competition in the world and no given formula about how things works. A girl that gets married at 24 years might take 6 years to have a child and another would get married at 30 and start procreating immediately..When we understand this life becomes alot simpler.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2013
If there's one thing I know about this, it's the fact that my younger brother will be getting married before me.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2013
Iaz93: I don't see anything wrong in getting married before an elder sibling. They want to use tradition to tie her down. SMH! So I must wait for the older ones to marry before I marry, even if they are not ready? See Gobe oh!

I wonder o..they want her to wait for one of them to atleast get married first but none of them is ready..she's having a tough time
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2013
masonkz: If there's one thing I know about this, it's the fact that my younger brother will be getting married before me.

And you're Ok with it right?
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Iaz93: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2013
Titiluvly:

I wonder o..they want her to wait for one of them to atleast get married first but none of them is ready..she's having a tough time
She should explain things to them. If the elder sibling supports her, then it'd be easy. Or are the siblings against her getting married first too?
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Iaz93: She should explain things to them. If the elder sibling supports her, then it'd be easy. Or are the siblings against her getting married first too?

No, from what i've seen,they are in support,the problem is her parents and family members..
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Iaz93: 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
Titiluvly:

No, from what i've seen,they are in support,the problem is her parents and family members..
They should help her.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
Titiluvly:

And you're Ok with it right?

100% ok with it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
masonkz:

100% ok with it.

Cool..cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
Iaz93: They should help her.

They are trying o
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by gerrardomendes(m): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
even the bible says that the first shall become the last. Its all about time and chance happening to some pple before others.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by lordkrato(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
@op
i'm sure you already had an idea of what peeps wud say before posting such.a more stimulating topic would be "What happens when the younger sibling gets married first",then you wud get informative experiences.true word.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Moshkom(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
To me ntyn wrong wif it; Buh wil lyk to born b4 him sha!
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by homesteady(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nothing! Just that your elders ones would start having some insecurities!
And the society makes it look bad! They'll sit down in their houses and make you their topic of discussion! They'll be saying
"Ahh all her younger ones don marry, I no know wetin she still dey do for her papa house" and they'll be clapping their hands as they are talking! grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by yuzedo: 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
Sooooooooo after i have given you pocket money for donkey years, you will now born before me and i will still start giving your kids pocket money again??!?! HELLLL NOOO!! You must give my kids first so that it cancels all those plenty years you taxed me! angry angry angry

11 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by imperiouxx(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nothing!
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by paulworld(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2013
I love this
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Joy4mi(f): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2013
My elder sis was against me marryin b4 her.but thru God's grace and my parents support,i got married b4 her.she married 3 yrs afta me.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
i guess due to our customs and traditions , we seem to be thinking backwards. grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
yuzedo: Sooooooooo after i have given you pocket money for donkey years, you will now born before me and i will still start giving your kids pocket money again??!?! HELLLL NOOO!! You must give my kids first so that it cancels all those plenty years you taxed me! angry angry angry

[size=18pt]ROFL[/size]
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Richiy(f): 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yes, nothing is wrong with it. But because of the way of life and thinking of some parents, they seem to take it personal. The lady in question should gently and patiently calm the parents down, understanding that they are from different times than now. Get people that the parents respect and if plead if necessary. The elder sister should join too. In the end, the parents would come around...I know most do. Goodluck with that!
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by otijah(m): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
People will think am suffering from poverty and it will not be too good
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by eightsin(m): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Her parents needs some form of education or maybe there is more to it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by nkeboy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
edo: Quote Post
Sooooooooo after i have given you pocket money for donkey years, you will now born before me and i will still start giving your kids pocket money again??!?! HELLLL NOOO!! You must give my kids first so that it cancels all those plenty years you taxed me!

LMAO.........boy u dey craze...........I can't stop laffing
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Tinkybabe(f): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
There's nothing wrong with it but you know the type of society we live in,they'll make it a subject matter and a reason to mock the older one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miss Ugly, Nairaland Edition. ELIMINATION ROUND1 / Wish a Nairalander a Happy Easter / Since I Met Her, I 've Been Having Bad Luck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.