Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,967 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (305567 Views)

BREAKING: Uk’s Prime Minister Defies Obama, Makes Huge Announcement About Christ / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dandong: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Vivi

You are right there they are not in it for the money as such there is a greater plan maybe that's the so called "vision" and is disguised with good words that can be accepted. One of the reasons they are in it is my #5
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
right you said there not in it for the money why is that in the church that is the only miracle being preached it’s about your bills getting paid and on TV about the sick being healing you don’t hear anyone saying a my leg got better in church its pastor laid hands on me and i got healed and come to the healing school
Christ embassy giving your life meaning
The only meaning this church gave me was pain misery and lies and a twisted gospel made to look the man he claims to be Pastor Chris calls himself Jesus Christ in a white suite
I know people who have had the hands laid on them from him and there still sick why not post that on TV
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 1:13am On Jun 28, 2011
if there not in for the money explain this then from a church member in in the uk
based in london

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2011
@Dandong ,

I heard you called my name.

dandong:

Mabell and Joabgaje have not answered my questions, but they like asking others questions and demand answers---------we give them

Please answer the questions whats so difficult I need to raise more points on other things which you said which are equally wrong.

Pls what's the question.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dandong: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2011
The questions are there on my previous posts page 45, there is even one for mabell if you are kind enough to answer on his behalf. Then we will take it from there.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Zikkyy(m): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2011
Joagbaje:

@Dandong ,

I heard you called my name.

grin grin grin

This is truely a 'god' talking sorry posting grin Only a 'god' will 'hear' the 'post' of man grin
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dandong: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
@crossman9

my email is

You can send me those cartoons they make my day actually, I have been having my own ranking of the cartoons so far it stands

1. Parroting on Pastor Chris (enough laughter for the whole year)

2. God wants you well but Pastor Chris pays you well (top of the range imagination, I have seen cartoons by professionals but 99% of them are hardly ever close to these two)

I tell you its one thing for a person to tell you about his ordeal at CE, but this shows that the person knows the place.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2011
Remove the email now Christ embassy employ hackers edit your post ok I will give you what you need and more but under no circumstance repost work yet it still a work in progress
dandong
this will all be clear when you read
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2011
dandong:

@joagbaje
"There is a difference between 'The church' and 'church' "

For interests sake in a few words define for us the difference between the two.

For example

The church is this---------------

AND

Church is that--------------------

This is a simple grammar . Church refers to the body of christ. Church refers to a congregation. Church refers to a building where Christians worship God. So when pastor chris says "this vision (believersloveworld ) is more than a church. He is talking about services . It is beyond congregational service. It is beyond the four corners of a building. We have different outreaches. We have satellite,Internet ministry, prison ministry and many many like inner city missions , publishing arm . Etc.

According to the bible please because at Christ Embassy I know you are masters of twisting words, tell us from the bible how the two are different.

That's what ignorant people usually say. But those who are advance in understanding of Gods word knows that I allow the scriptures speaks for itself.  Clear now?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
crossman9:

Remove the email now Christ embassy employ hackers edit your post ok I will give you what you need and more but under no circumstance repost work yet it still a work in progress
dandong
this will all be clear when you read

Who has your time and this yeye drawing book you are doing? grin. Hacker ko, hammer ni! grin
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2011
crossman9:

mabell
Joagbaje
The Greek word for church, Ekklesia, literally means "called out or summoned, assembled with a purpose."  Or a congregation of local people who worship God who are part of the body of CHRIST

Your definition is not complete . Worship Center is also called church

But I know Christ embassy you dummies love any word that comes out of the pastor mini god the man who would be God, but I know that you all have the delusion of God hood,

You have liver o. You mean you can open your mouth to call Gods children "Dummies". People purchase by the blood of Jesus "dummies" I clap for you . grin

I was part of the church I woke long before the woman I was engaged was completely brain wash she worshiped the pastor as God and so do most of the members you people don’t have clue regarding speaking tongues and many more things.

so how does she worship him? Is that what pastor chris teaches. You guys are so funny.

you soak up any word that pastor Chris comes out with the latest lie is "masterbation is not a sin against God" its your own body not wisdom from GOD among many more I could give list going as far as 30 false teaching and that is just the tip of the spear of truth.

How did he say it. Masturbation is an uncleanness, did pastor chris say you should do it? You might have misunderstood his word if he says the person sin against his body . Of course there is a sin against God, there is a in against fellow man and there is a sin against oneself .

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body;
but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dandong: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
@joagbaje
"This is a simple grammar . Church refers to the body of christ. Church refers to a congregation."

You see this is good stuff!! when you say things this way we can always totally agree. This good at least at a basic level we are together, I will never disagree with somebody who sees things this way, why should I ?

The only challenge comes from your follow-up statements in effect I am convinced you now really know whats happening only that it feels queer to disagree with Pastor Chris but let the truth be said.

Christ has one body, the fingers are part the body, the arms,legs, ribs etc but he is the head. He being the head esteems all parts equally Paul even explains how this stands, although we might in our view not see it at such at a particular time in our walk with Christ, but that stands as the ultimate truth.

Saying 'this' also becomes wrong in the sense that you have not stuck to the original definition, the only way the 'vision' can be correct is to remove the word "more" so that it( the "vision"wink is PART of the body of Christ. If therefore it is part of it, in no way can it claim a superior position over any part of it.  

I will not therefore try to arm twist you on then what is "The church" and "A church" because I am assuming you can see they are the same.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dandong: 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2011
@joagbaje
"That's what ignorant people usually say. But those who are advance in understanding of Gods word knows that I allow the scriptures speaks for itself. Clear now?"

No not at all you claim advancement in the word of God when Pastor Chris tries to make CE more than a church, and does not know what is a confession which advanced knowledge is that?

I have discovered that no one who fails grade 1 maths can right afterwards get into a college exam and get any marks. Same here church is a simple bible word and Pastor Chris GFP stumbles there, ---wait confession is an even easier word biblically and Pastor Chris falls there too.

So the "advanced" you are talking about is poorly placed first get simple definitions right then you can start your 'advanced' whatever. Get simple ones right full stop! then we can move to 'advanced' stuff
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dandong: 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2011
@joagbaje

What you said here is so wrong, it falls perfectly with my #5 list of Genuine False Prophet (GFP) signatures, of diverting attention from God to themselves. How can we say such as christians?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dandong: 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2011
In the book of Revelations that is exactly the doctrine of Jezebel, Balaam and the Nicoleatans of stretching the limits of grace. Grace has a limit if done consciously and without care then we cannot pride ourselves at all

Remember "Grieve not the Holy Spirit by whom ye were sealed until the day of redemption"
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dandong: 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
@joagbaje
"1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body."

If that is a real question I will answer you-----See you do not own yourself I know at CE Pastor Chris GFP says "you own the world", that is a lie on its own the bible says "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof" . The earth is the Lord's, your body and spirit are the Lord's also

Now to then go your own way and say I am destroying my own body its fine------REALLY it shows a serious problem---but I will not be harsh on you because also its not your fault. No wonder I am taking a stance of patience because the matter is more serious than I thought.

On top of that if you are a christian your body is the temple of the Holy Spririt, you cant say defiling God's temple is no problem, as for Pastor Chris GFP, I have seen this and saw it well that he is not a 'god' so we do not have to take a stance against God to favour him.

Remember demons are demons because of exactly that, why not learn from them
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Zikkyy(m): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2011
CEC is more than a church, it's a business empire smiley

Joagbaje:

So when pastor chris says "this vision ([b]un-[/b]believersloveworld grin ) is more than a church. He is talking about services . It is beyond congregational service. It is beyond the four corners of a building. We have different outreaches. We have satellite,Internet ministry, prison ministry. . . . . 

It's still a church abeg, internet and satellite are just communication tools angry i do agree it's about services, billable services grin

Joagbaje:

. . . . publishing arm . Etc.

which yeye publishing arm angry the ROR will go out of circulation after oyaks is gone. Apostle Paul's publishing arm produced books still in circulation after 2000 years and will continue to be in circulation. Paul did not consider his ministry to be more than a church angry
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by VivianSA: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
@Crossman9
It is hard for me to believe and accept that Pastor Chris (and CE) are in the gospel for money. What I mean by this statement is the following:
(a) Its hard to believe that Pastor Chris started the church with a purpose of generating money and wealth for himself
   Note: this is what the public is contending-"He is fleecing the poor and building a business empire for himself"
(b) Pastor Chris has built CE to be a profit generating business in order to establish himself and build wealth upon himself.
   - And the members of CE are customers for his business.

The sermons are mainly focused on as you say "money to pay your bills" and a large portion of the sermons centre around money because ministry is staying true to the material needs of its congregation, which is money. The members do need money to make a respectable living, need money to take care of themselves and their families, they need money to support and bless the lives of others who are in need that live around them.
Money in itself is not necessaraly an evil or bad thing. That is evil or bad is what you do with that money. After the bible says "money answereth all things" - Our money has to answer to the right things.

Seeing a broke person without any means of supporting himself is leaves one feeling painful and sad, and asking yourself what happened that this person is suffering so much. Suffering and living in need of money does not bring glory to God.
But a self sufficient person who has enough money to take care of himself and his family and having done that take care of the lives of other people that need help, supports them until they are self sufficient as he is.That brings glory to God as it gives hope and life to those who were once hopeless.
God gives us the power to get wealth, and we use the money unto good works so that our work shines before man so that man can glorify our father who is in heaven.

I hope I was able to answer you. I'm not saying all this in blind sight of the possibility of other people pursuing money and riches unto themselves. Others are pressured in one way or another to get the money for some event or another.
It happens. Which is why its important to stay grounded on God and in the bible as our guide and not man.
And for our intergrity to God its important to be honest about happenings,to talk about them and move beyond them.

You asked if I'm caucassion? No, I'm not. I am an african and my hair is beautifully black.A true african,child of the soil.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Claus(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2011
^^^

I don't think many people started out in ministry for the money. That is why the scripture below is one that everyone should keep close to their heart so that they don't stray the way a number of people have strayed due to money.

1 Timothy6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 1:22am On Jun 29, 2011
Joagbaje (m)
NIGERIA
the christ embassy people just a little lession for the weak in mind for you all need education
headquarters of Believers’ LoveWorld Incorporated,
look at the word there Incorporated, this means it is a business it is registered trade mark meaning a company proof it is not a church
it also goes under the name of business centre so get your fact right
second point the word dummie well jesus used diffrent expressions like snakes wolfs
the word
Chris Oyakhilome, pastor of Christ Embassy Church, is not only winning souls but has built an expansive business empire from which he is making good money

It is a magnificent glass building. Its blue and gold colours stand it out in the crowd of old buildings on Oregun Road, Ikeja, Lagos. The building which is a few poles away from the old Suzuki Motorcycle assembly plant glitters like the corporate headquarters of a very progressive new generation bank. But it is not. Rather, it is the headquarters of Believers’ LoveWorld Incorporated, otherwise known as Christ Embassy.

Chris Oyakhilome, the Edo State-born pastor and head of Christ Embassy, runs the branches of the church and his other businesses from here. The church has provided for Oyakhilome a good platform for his other business interests which include banking, publishing, broadcasting, entertainment and the hospitality industries.
The Simple Church, Greek word Ecclesia, getting together in Jesus' name.

Many verses in the New Testament speak of the “church,” so it is important to understand what “church” means. The first definition of “church” in modern English dictionaries is something like, “a building for Christian worship,” and it is only the second or third definition that says something like, “a body of Christians,” or “the collective body of Christians.” In the Bible, however, the word “church” never refers to a building, but always to people; specific groups of people.
The origin of God calling out, and working through, a specific group of people started in the Old Testament. By the time Israel left Egypt it was a mighty nation, and God, who had earlier said He would work with the descendants of Abraham, called the nation of Israel out from among the other nations on earth. He chose Israel to be the people through whom He would bring the Messiah, saying:
Exodus 19:5 and 6
(5) Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine,
(6) you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation….
We need to pay special attention to the fact that God said Israel would be a “holy” nation, because “holy” means “set apart,” and God did set Israel apart for Himself out of all the nations on earth. God confirmed again and again that the Israelites were a special and holy people to Him (Deut. 4:37; 7:6; 14:2, 21; 26:19; 28:9; etc.).
One of the primary Hebrew words used to designate the people of Israel is qahal (Strong’s number 6951), and it is often translated “assembly.” For example, when God was speaking to Moses about signaling to the Israelites, He said, “To gather the assembly [qahal], blow the trumpets” (Num. 10:7).
When the Old Testament was translated into Greek in Alexandria, Egypt around 250 B.C., making the version we today call the Septuagint, the Hebrew word qahal was usually translated as ekkl?sia. The Greek translators of the Septuagint did not coin the word ekkl?sia, but instead used a word that was in common use. Louw and Nida write in their Greek-English lexicon:
The term evkklhsi,a [ekkl?sia] was in common usage for several hundred years before the Christian era and was used to refer to an assembly of persons constituted by well-defined membership. In general Greek usage it was normally a socio-political entity based upon citizenship in a city-state… In many contexts evkklhsi,a may be readily rendered as ‘gathering of believers’ or ‘group of those who trust in Christ.’ [1]
The term ekkl?sia occurs over 100 times in the New Testament and, as was pointed out earlier, it always refers to groups of people, never to the building where the people met. The word ekkl?sia was used of many different groups, not just Christians. In the New Testament these groups include:
• Jews: Acts 7:38 (The Israelites in the wilderness; often translated “assembly,” but translated “church” in the KJV).
• Gentiles: Acts 19:32 (a gathering of Gentiles in Ephesus).
• The universal body of believers made up of Jews, Gentiles, and Christians. Jesus said, “…on this rock I will build my church” (Matt. 16:18), and in that context Jesus’ “church,” his “assembly” or “congregation,” consists of every person who is saved. Many great people in the Old Testament were not Jews, people such as Ruth the Moabite and Uriah the Hittite, but they are saved and thus are part of Jesus’ “church.” Thus, in John 10:16 Jesus said to the Jews around him, “I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.”
• The whole body of Christians: Acts 5:11; 20:28; 1 Corinthians 10:32.
• Christians in a local area or who met in a specific local place; a local assembly: Acts 14:23; Romans 16:1; 1 Corinthians 4:17.
Some Bible translators recognize that translating ekkl?sia as “church” can confuse new Christians, who would naturally think of the “church” as a building, and so they use “assembly” or “congregation” instead of “church” in their versions. Bible versions that use “assembly” include the translation done by Charles Darby, Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible, and Young’s Literal Translation. Versions that use “congregation” include The Better Version of the New Testament by Chester Estes and The New English Bible.
The impact of realizing that the “church” is people is simple but profound. Biblically, people do not “go to church,” they are the church. The “church” meets wherever they gather. Thus, while we often think in terms of Christians meeting in “churches” (buildings), the biblical reality is that “churches” (assemblies; congregations) exist wherever Christians meet: in “church” buildings, houses, apartments, workplaces, parks, and more. Since the “church” is people, God’s emphasis is not where we meet, but that we meet. The place that the “church” selects to meet should be a purposeful decision, based upon what the meeting is supposed to accomplish.
For personal growth, the small meeting in a house or apartment is often the best because everyone gets to pray, share, and participate. Participation usually means quick growth. Larger meetings are wonderful for general education and accomplishing tasks that small groups cannot easily accomplish, such as sponsoring an outside speaker or a conference, or having a band or choir. Also, just as small groups have more intimacy, large groups often have a level of collective excitement that is not present in smaller meetings.
Another point that we should clarify, especially in today’s, “do it alone” culture, is that one Christian is not a “church.” Today, with Christian radio, TV, Podcasts, YouTube, and much more, it can be easy to get a “good feeling” about God, or learn about Him, without personally meeting together with others. Paul paraphrased Christ’s words, “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35), and true Christianity is about giving. Not just giving money, or “things,” but sharing our time and lives with others. Face to face church should be one of the mainstays of our Christian lives.
In closing, it is perhaps valuable to know why the word “church” came to be used in Christian circles if it refers to a building, but the Greek word from which it is translated in the New Testament never means a building. Although the word “church” developed over time from the Middle English, from Old English, from the Germanic, its ancient root is the Greek word kuriakon, meaning “belonging to the Lord” (from the word kurios, “lord”). Historians say that kuriakon was used of places of Christian worship from around the time of Constantine. This would make sense for a couple of reasons.
First, Constantine was the first Christian emperor of Rome, and he started a campaign of building places for worship (“church buildings”), which needed a general name that would set them apart from the other public buildings he, as emperor, was building and also set them apart from the pagan temples in the Empire. Thus, kuriakon, or “belonging to the Lord” would have been a very appropriate general name for these buildings. It is easy to think of Greek speaking people talking of “going to the kuriakon.”
Second, by the time of Constantine much of the original revelation of the Apostle Paul had been lost. For the most part, the Sacred Secret, the use of the manifestations of holy spirit, salvation by faith, the priesthood of the believer, and many such doctrines had been lost. Replacing those were the “clergy” and a much more controlled and specific liturgy, which were available only in the kuriakon buildings. Thus, over the centuries, the institution of the “church” building replaced the biblical concept that the church was people. The Reformation re-established the doctrine of the priesthood of the believer, but from a practical standpoint the general teaching inside Christendom continued to be that people had to “go to church.” It was only in the latter part of the 1900’s that the house church movement really caught on, at which time doctrine taught, and practice confirmed, that people were indeed the “church.”
It can be wonderfully freeing to realize that there does not have to be a “church building” for our prayers, praise, and fellowship together to be somehow validated by God. When Christians, even groups of two or three, get together in Christ’s name to pray, sing, study, help and advise each other, or perform Christian acts of giving and charity, they are the “church,” and Jesus promised he would be among them (Matt. 18:20). From time to time we here at Spirit & Truth Fellowship hear from people who do not get together with other Christians because they say they “cannot find a church” where they fit in. While it is true that in some situations it can be difficult to find a large group of people who meet in a building with whom you can fellowship, it is rarely difficult to find one or two others to fellowship with in Christ’s name. “Church,” i.e., Christians meeting together, is vital if we are to have powerful Christian lives. We are the “church,” the assembly, the congregation, so let’s make sure we are assembling with other Christians.

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 1:42am On Jun 29, 2011
Chris Oyakhilome, pastor of Christ Embassy Church, is not only winning souls but has built an expansive business empire from which he is making good money

It is a magnificent glass building. Its blue and gold colours stand it out in the crowd of old buildings on Oregun Road, Ikeja, Lagos. The building which is a few poles away from the old Suzuki Motorcycle assembly plant glitters like the corporate headquarters of a very progressive new generation bank. But it is not. Rather, it is the headquarters of Believers’ LoveWorld Incorporated, otherwise known as Christ Embassy.

Chris Oyakhilome, the Edo State-born pastor and head of Christ Embassy, runs the branches of the church and his other businesses from here. The church has provided for Oyakhilome a good platform for his other business interests which include banking, publishing, broadcasting, entertainment and the hospitality industries.

A normal Sunday service at the headquarters chapel of Christ Embassy draws not less than 30,000 worshippers. Most of them come from distant parishes of the church and the attraction is Oyakhilome himself who they all want to see live on the pulpit.

Oyakhilome belongs to the growing clan of pastors who preach prosperity but he is better known for his miracles which are very controversial. Even then, they have remained the source of his popularity and the huge fortunes that he has made.
The church operates like a conglomerate with no fewer than 10 subsidiaries that work with the common goal of oiling the purse of the ministry and its patron.

The major money spinning arms of the ministry includes LoveWorld Cyber Ministry, LoveWorld Television, Love World Christian Network, LoveWorld Multimedia Ministry and LoveWorld Publishing Ministry.

One business enterprise run by the church is the LoveWorld Records Limited located in Ikeja. It was incorporated in 2008 as a private limited liability company to carry on the business of music, entertainment and gospel merchandise. The record studio has produced many talented music artistes who are members of the church. Church members say it is the first record label dedicated solely for the publishing, production, marketing and distribution of gospel music and promotion of gospel artistes. The Christ Embassy recording studio operates a distribution network that facilitates the selling and marketing of records within and outside Nigeria. Barely two years after its establishment as one of the many business ventures of the church, it is said to have broken into international markets like the United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America, South Africa and Ghana. Some of its products include music videos and DVDs.

The studio, which is managed by Ehi Moses, an accountant-turned musician and producer with 15 years experience in music and entertainment industry, holds the franchise of record labels of Believers Loveworld Incorporated. Its monthly turnover is put at more than N10 million.

Pastor Oyakhilome is not a good friend of the media but likes the money that the industry spins to him. Before he joined the Nigeria media business, it was hitherto dominated by politicians, businessmen and media practitioners. But today, Oyakhilome, through Global Plus Communications Limited, GPC, controls a media empire worth billions of Naira. They are also located in Nigeria and South Africa.

His group’s investments in the media include Minaj Broadcasting International, MBI; Superscreen television; National Standard, a monthly magazine; National Daily, a weekly newspaper; and a cable television network known as Loveworld Media.

The satellite television is based in South Africa and it is a free-to-air-no subscription channel. It was set up primarily for the purpose of the church evangelism. Over the years, it had been working in partnership with other media houses to air Oyakhilome on local and international television channels, but in recent years, the focus has broadened to accommodate Christian movies and programmes. A member of the church told Newswatch that the total package for the decoder and dish is N25,000.

Superscreen television station, owned by Oyakhilome, occupies the seventh floor of Lagemo House at Onipanu area of Lagos. The television which began operation in 2007, boasts of state of the art broadcast equipment. In less than four years of existence, Superscreen is now a major force to reckon with in television broadcasting. One of its staff who spoke on the level of success of the station said it certainly does not belong to the group of television station battling for survival.

Majority of staff of the television station are members of Christ Embassy. The television station serves as the media arm of the church, especially because it routinely telecasts church programmes of Christ Embassy.

Unlike Superscreen, Minaj Television International, MBI, is not a success story. In fact, its ownership is now a subject of litigation. Oyakhilome had in 2006, through Global Plus Consulting, GPC, entered into a five-year management contract with Minaj systems owned by Mike Ajegbo, a former senator. The deal was for GPC to revive Minaj, which had become insolvent following its inability to pay its annual subscription fee to the Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation, NBC, and pay arrears of salaries it owed staff. The investment, estimated to be more than N400 million, produced the required impact. The new management team went to work paying the licence fee and outstanding staff salaries. Less than one year after, the result became evident, MBI became number one in sport and entertainment. The following year, the station won four awards at the 2007 Nigeria Media Merit Award, NMMA.

But the once rosy relationship between Minaj systems and GPC promoted by Oyakhilome went awry due to irreconcilable differences in contract agreements. The station has not been able to open because both parties are still in court.

In pursuit of the church’s craze for publicity and in spite of huge investments in the broadcast media, Christ Embassy again set up its sole private television station called Loveworld News Media. The studio is located within the church headquarters and is said to operate a 12-hour daily service airing church programmes, Oyakhilome’s preachings and news about the church activities worldwide.

National Standard hit the news-stands in July 2004 as a monthly glossy magazine. Its first office was at Plot 2, Ajumobi Street, off ACME Road, Agidingbi, before relocating to 25 Ogunlowo Street, off Adeniyi Jones, where it is at the moment. Today, the publication has gone weekly. Its sister publication, National Daily, which is a weekly tabloid, is located on Emina Crescent, off Toyin Street, Ikeja. Paradigm Communications Limited oversees the publication of the papers for Oyakilome’s business empire. The church’s investments in these media enterprises alone is put at more than N5 billion.

Most of those who do business with Oyakhilome’s media empire are church members, and they are very successful businessmen and women or are in vital decision-making positions. They influence decisions that help to attract business to the media houses owned by the church. It is also an unwritten rule that satellite parishes must advertise their programmes in the church network of media houses. The media houses enjoy advertisement boom during major church activities like Night of Bliss, national youths conference, annual convention and during Pastor Chris’ birthday every December 7.

Again, when Pa Joseph Oyakhilome, the pastor’s father, died last year, the newspapers could not provide enough space to carry obituary announcements and sympathy messages from satellite churches, corporate organisations promoted by church members as well as the church international partners. It was a boom for his media conglomerate and by extension the purse of the church.

Global Plus printing press is another investment of the pastor. The hi-tech ultra modern press is located along Ikosi Road, Oregun, Ikeja. It currently prints Westerner, a weekly magazine owned by a governor in the South-West, at a cost of N1.5 million. An inside source confided in Newswatch that the magazine paid three million Naira for printing the special publication on Ooni of Ife at 80 last February.

Business Eye, a business related magazine owned by Ibim Semenitari, now commissioner for Information, Rivers State, was printing at Global Plus at its debut in 2007 before it stopped using Oyakhilome’s press early last year because of a rift between the paper and the church. The magazine had written a story titled: ‘In the Name of God PLC’ in December 2008 and Christ Embassy felt the story was critical of the church. So, when the magazine took the next edition materials to the press for printing, Global Plus refused to accept them. The owners also went a step further to seize the materials as a punishment for the magazine’s audacity to publish negative stories about them.

The printing press also prints the church’s magazine National Standard, and its other publications like Rhapsody of Realities.

Monthly financial yields of the printing press which is worth more than two billion Naira is about N10 million. Investigations also revealed that a bigger printing press with state of the art equipment is being installed in Ikeja presently. After installation, it would serve as the headquarters of the publishing outfit. There is also a plan to set up printing outfits in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Benin.

Christ Embassy also owns CFI Pictures, a company that produces Christian movies. Located within the headquarters premises is a digital media store that markets electronic books and a gift card shop. The two are also money spinning channels for the church.

The church also has investments in the event and entertainment sector. In 2008, it bought over a warehouse belonging to a shoe making factory along Oregun Road which was converted to an event centre called K and G Event Centre. The event and recreational centre which is located at 8a, Oregun Road, has relaxation spots and other entertainment conveniences for customers. Although it also served the interest of non-members, church members are obliged to hold their events like marriage receptions and birthday bashes there. They pay the regular fees charges.

The church also has an eatery called Dicksons. The fast food joint is rapidly expanding its outlets. It is being developed to compete favourably with Mr Biggs and similar outfits in the country.

Oyakhilome has also spread his business tentacles to the financial sector. The church owns two microfinance banks one of which is Moneycom Microfinance Bank. The interesting aspect of the business investment of the church is that members must imbibe the culture of ‘charity begins at home’ by patronising the product and services provided by business interest of the church.

The business investment of the church is scripted in a way that it cannot be easily linked to the church. Most of the businesses have no signposts and there is usually no open evidence that they are owned by the church because they are run by Board of Trustees. Some members of the trustees are not members of the church.

Oyakhilome’s many companies operate as network. The printing press is responsible for the printing of all works of the church including Rhapsody, books and the magazines. The major advertisers of the media network are members of the church, satellite parishes and other business interests of the church empire. The Records and Digital studio produces all the CDs, DVDs, VCDs and audio cassettes of pastor Oyakhilome’s preaching which are sold both in Nigeria and abroad.

Like a celebrity, Pastor Chris’ name and face sell huge quantities of merchandise. These include books, video tapes of his crusades and miracles, audio cassettes, VCDs and DVDs of his teachings. The cassettes are also marketed online through the digital media which controls the church websites. One of the church’s websites makes money through advertisement of audio and visual materials that promote the Christian faith.

The pastor and his wife, Anita, who heads Christ Embassy international office, have a collection of more than 30 books that are a must read by members who are also encouraged to buy for friends and relations that are not members of the church. The most successful of these is Rhapsody of Realities. The daily devotional guide published monthly is co-authored by Pastor Chris and his wife. The journal which is considered a companion to the bible is currently published in 84 languages. Inside sources put its print run at not below five million. In Nigeria, Rhapsody is currently sold for N150 as against the former price of N300 when it was first published five years ago. It cost $5 per copy abroad and $43.20 for one year subscription. Price tags for his books vary with the minimum going for N1,500 while that of the audio and video CDs range from N300 to N1,000.

On a typical Sunday in the church, it is common to see members scrambling for CDs, VCDs, audio CDs, audio cassettes and books of the pastor.

Most of the church programmes are financed by Oyakhilome’s partners all over the world who donate money to enhance the work of the ministry. Apart from the foreign partners, there is a selected group of members that belong to an organisation in the church called the ‘Havens.’ These are people with deep pockets and work as the financial backbone for the church. A member of the church said the Havens ensure that Oyakhilome is not in short of funds to run church activities. Havens assist in the sponsorship of key projects of the church.

Their financial commitment to the church runs into billions of Naira annually. While the Havens muster their resources to sponsor the church projects and activities, another group called ‘Partnership’ helps members of the church that are indigent.

In partnership, a wealthy member adopts at least five indigent members and takes care of their financial needs.

Like established organisations the church employs some of its unemployed graduate members as full time staff. They work basically at the church headquarters and other units like the Healing School Ministry, bookshops and gift shops.

Oyakhilome has in a bid to consolidate the financial gains of the ministry, aggressively spread its branches to the entire African continent, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Oceania.

In the past five years, the church has intensified its acquisition of properties around Oregun, Billings Way and Alausa in furtherance of its expansion drive. For property owners, it is good tidings.

The church has also joined the ranks of those that have acquired large expanse of land along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway as camp arena for their crowd-pulling events like convention. The LoveWorld Camp ground is on Kilometre 47 of the express road, close to Redeemed Church camp ground.

To complement the camp ground is a massive structure along Billings Way which is to serve as the International Conference Centre of the Church. The arena which could pass for a mini stadium for first time visitors to Billings Way would cost Oyakhilome several billions of Naira on completion. It is architectural masterpiece.

Despite being listed among the three richest pastors in Nigeria, Oyakhilome has no private jet like David Oyedepo and Enoch Adeboye. A member confided in Newswatch that he usually travels with British Airways when going outside African shores and South African Airways when going to South Africa which is another major base of the church.

Members of the church do a lot to promote the business interests of Oyakhilome and the church. They make huge financial and material contributions which have formed the base of the wealth of Oyakhilome and his church today. In the process, some have had their fingers burnt.

An instance many would not easily forget in a hurry is the case of Lawrence Agada, a senior cashier with Sheraton Hotels and Towers, Ikeja, Lagos, and an assistant pastor of the Ifako branch of the church, who donated stolen cash and gifts totalling N39 million to the church in the name of sowing a seed. The fraud was discovered in March 2002. According to police investigations, Agada’s donations were in instalments. He bought 250KVA and 27KVA generators valued at N4.4 million and N1.5 million, respectively and donated them to the church headquarters and the Ifako satellite parish of the church. Before then, he had given out six million Naira for the renovation of the local satellite church and one million Naira for the purchase of plastic chairs for the church headquarters. He also contributed N1.5 million for the 2002 edition of the church mega crusade Night of Bliss, and one million Naira for another crusade tagged Prosperity Convention.

He ‘blessed’ Carol Sholesi, then pastor of Ifako branch of the church with N400, 000 to enable her attend the 24th congress of the International Federation of Business and Professional Women held in Melbourne, Australia.

Agada also bought musical instruments and chairs for the Agege, Ogba and Oke-Ira churches. He also confessed to using part of the stolen funds to pay church rents. The Benue-born former Sheraton’s staff profligacy was allegedly prompted by a letter Pastor Chris sent to him on January 12, 2002 prophesying that God would do mighty things in his life. “He will cause you to excel and lift you up so high that the world cannot but take notice of you in Jesus name, Amen.”

He said he took the money believing that he would reap bountiful rewards from the ‘seed sowing’ which would enable him replace all the money. This was not to be. Rather than receive reward for his benevolence, he lost his job and became a guest of the police. An indigene of his Idoma community who pleaded for anonymity told Newswatch that he was declared a persona non grata in his community for that act.”

In 2003, Gbenga Kehinde, another member of the church who was an assistant manager with Eko International Bank, further dragged the name of the church in the mud when he defrauded the bank of N40 million out of which he donated N10 million to Christ Embassy.

If Agada and Kehinde were audacious to dip their hands into the treasury of their organisations to donate for the upkeep of the church in anticipation of God’s reward, Michael George and Priscillia Maphiwa used their own hard earnings and possessions.

George, an engineer with Mobil Producing Unlimited in Akwa Ibom, was comfortable before he joined Christ Embassy. He later became a major financier of the head parish in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital. His benevolence attracted his church brethrens who turned his house to a Mecca of sort feeding fat on him thereby tasking his resources. His financial commitment widened when he was made a pastor, the Eket branch which he also financed.

Expectedly, his church programmes began to clash with his work. His pastoral calling obliged him to leave the office before close of work three times a week to attend to church activities. In some cases, church programmes outside his state kept him off his duty post for days.

George, who within eight years of joining the oil multinational, got two promotions and won two awards for diligence, began to exhibit laxity in his duties. His church activities took prominence in his calendar over his work which ironically was the source of income that enabled him contribute bountifully to the church.

So when the oil giant decided to trim its workforce after the merger with Exxon, George was affected. Unfortunately for him, since he did not build a house for the period he worked and with little or no savings left having graciously invested much of his savings in the services of the church, he had to plough all his severance entitlement into building his house. His financial status deteriorated in such a way that he could no longer afford meeting some basic needs at home and his extended family which he was the bread winner. Left without money, a gainful employment and two cars which he had donated to the church as seed, family members felt bad that the church could not come to his help. George left Nigeria for America in 2008, courtesy of his wife, an Akwa Ibom indigene, who is an American citizen. He has since settled down in America eking a living.

Maphiwa, a staunch member of the church in South Africa, also recounted how she and her husband became bankrupt because of their association with the church. She said before joining Christ Embassy in November 2005, she had a car, a house, R35,000 savings and investments in other financial institutions totalling R20,000, but by February 2007, she had gone bankrupt because of the huge sums of money she had spent on the church, saying: “Before joining Christ Embassy in November 2005, I had a car, a house that was financed by the bank and I could afford my monthly instalments. I had R35, 000 in the bank as savings and some investments with Standard Bank, Liberty and Sanlam to the total sum of R20,000. In December 2005, there was what they called ‘ThanksGiving Service’ which we were required to bring a gift to the Lord in forms of money and other valuables like cars, cell phones and computers to thank God for what he had done for us. We were given a list of eight categories of areas in which to thank God for. These were thanking God for a new job, for the birth of a child, if one got married, if one had a promotion, financial increase, healing in the family, for belonging and functioning in a church department and for being saved from death due to vehicle accident. We were instructed to give a minimum amount of R100 per category. On that day, I gave R800 excluding my tithes which at that time was R2,400. In January 2006, Pastor Kenneth Oyakhilome (younger brother to Chris and head pastor of the South Africa branch) preached and instructed us to give ‘First Fruit’ offering. This meant that one was required to give the entire salary for the month of January. This I did as we were taught that the Lord would bless us and we would receive a 100 fold return if we obeyed. There was also a threat that came with it, that if we did not obey, blessings would not follow us instead curses would.

“In Christ Embassy, there are lots of activities’ which require money like Mothers Day, Fathers’ Day and pastor’s birthday. Members are also instructed to buy books, CDs, DVDs so that we have something to preach to our ‘cell’ members. After the huge sums of money I gave to Christ Embassy church, by February 2007 I had to sell my house as I had defaulted four times in a row and the bank threatened to repossess it.” Maphiwa’s account was contained in an affidavit she deposed to the police after her husband, also a pastor of Christ Embassy in South Africa, was arrested for buying a stolen vehicle from another member of the church.

As one minister of God that relishes in miracles, Oyakhilome and his church have also swam several times in murky waters of controversy and scandals.

His first major controversy was in 2002 when he visited Temitope Joshua, founder of Synagogue Church of All Nations. Co-pastors of pentecostal churches chastised him for visiting Joshua whom they alleged was an anti-Christ. They alleged he went to the Ikotun Egbe-based church to collect spiritual powers from Joshua who is known as Emmanuel. Ironically, his major critic was Chris Okotie of Household of God Church that is a neighbour of Christ Embassy at Oregun. Oyakhilome’s many miracle works under his pet television programme, Atmosphere of Miracles came under criticisms. Some Nigerians went to town with stories that most of his widely advertised miracles were stage-managed. The Nigerian media and those in South Africa were awash with stories of how people feigned illness and later proclaimed that they had been cured. This allegations of fake miracles led to the banning of unverifiable faith healings on televisions in Nigeria by the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, in 2004. Oyakhilome said he was the target of the ban because during that period, he was the biggest patron of Nigerian television stations. His Atmosphere of Miracles which had since given way to Pastor Chris teachings ran seven days a week on 20 television stations. His annual spiritual convention, Night of Bliss, was also given elaborate coverage by various television stations in the country.

Some of his pastors have also, through their conduct dragged the name of the church in the mud in recent years. For instance, on April 25, 2008, Joseph Ehigiator, a pastor of a satellite branch of the church in Benin, was arrested and charged with murder of his wife, Efe. Ehigiator had allegedly conspired with Oweil, his girlfriend, to kill his wife. The lid was blown open when the deceased father, Innocent Omoroguikpon, visited the Secretariat of the state chapter of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, in Benin in July 2008, to protest the underhand dealings between the church and the police to cover the crime.

On December 22, 2009, one Seyi Ahmed, a 30-year-old film producer, attempted to blow up Superscreen television, which is one of the media houses owned by the pastor’s church. Ahmed, who is currently undergoing trial, said his abortive act was to draw the attention of Chris to the unfair treatment he received from the church. He claimed that he had been working for the church for some time and that the last job he did for them he was not paid despite several appeals. He said his intention was to get the attention of Pastor Chris so that he would get his money. Ahmed lost both eyes and a limb to his infamous expedition when the bomb exploded on him before he could reach the seventh floor where the television is located.

Instructively, the new phase of Christianity which has propelled some Pentecostal ministers of God like Oyakhilome to turn their ministries into business empires has received the bashing of some prominent men of God.

Sunday Makinde, prelate of the Methodist Church of Nigeria, once described ‘Pentecostal pastors as gold diggers.’ Peter Akinola, primate of Anglican Church, is another minister of God who is opposed to the way and manner some pastors of churches have turned churches into business outfits. He said they have deviated from the teachings of Christ in pursuit of business.

Augustine Okhuelegbe, parish priest of Saint Catherine Catholic Church, Agbado, Lagos, is equally disturbed with the way the pentecostal pastors have deviated from the teachings and lifestyle of Jesus Christ. “The lifestyle of Jesus Christ runs contrary to the lifestyle of our preachers today. Although we are in a materialistic generation, ministers of God have not been able to separate our calling from life of the materialistic world. You discover that people will now build empires and schools which are named after them in the name of the church,” he said. Commenting on tithes, first fruits and other offerings, he said though these are mentioned in the Bible he regretted that most churches have exploited them as avenues to make money for the church.

According to the Catholic priest, tithe was not meant to be compulsory as some churches have made it to be. He said the problem was that most people are gullible as they accept anything their preachers tell them or prophesy without giving a second thought. “You are not working or engaged in any legitimate business and a pastor tells you by the end of the month you are going to buy a car. How can that happen,” he queried.

Getrude Ezono, a graduate of Psychology and member of Dominion Chapel, said what some pentecostal pastors do amount to hypnotism. She likened some of the prosperity prophesies to what the 419 people do by telling their victims what they want to hear and wish to have or become and in the process hoodwink them to part with their money.

Beatrice Makinde, general overseer of Messiah Mighty Power Church, is worried that Christendom is being portrayed in bad light because of the conduct of some ministers of God. She said there was nothing wrong with prosperity preaching and paying of tithe, but stressed that the primary objective should be to make the members know God. “Prosperity preaching is not totally bad neither is tithe, but the primary objective is to make the members know Christ first; let them know about repentance. They must know God first before prosperity,” she said. She admonished men of God to live by example since the Bible stated that ‘judgement will start from the church.’

Femi Adeniye, a member of Celestial Church, said the mode of practice in the new generation churches have portrayed them as not true followers of Christ. “These new age churches have shown that they are not really true followers of Christ who had insisted that House of God should not be turned to a centre of business transaction.”

Even Pastor Tunde Bakare, senior pastor of Latter Rain Assembly, who is also a pentecostal pastor, admitted that there have been some deviations. Often he has preached against his colleagues that have now placed prosperity and materialism ahead of soul saving. One of such was his sermon titled: ‘The world is watching the church’ which he delivered November last year.

But Oyedepo, an unrepentant prosperity preacher, who ranks among the richest pastors in Nigeria with chains of businesses, justified the business approach of many pentecostal pastors to evangelism in his book Exploits in Ministry. In the book, he described church ministry as essentially business. He says: “Without doubt, one of the reasons why most ministers ordained of God fall short of expectation or collapse completely is due to their unbusiness-like approach to ministry. Ministry is essentially business. Jesus Christ said: Wist ye that I must be about my father’s business (Luke 2:49). It is God’s business. We have been accused of turning ministry into business, but that is not true, we met it as a business. Jesus, the author and founder of ministry, told us it is a business”.

The Ota-based pastor knows where he is coming from. Of all the Pentecostal ministries, Oyedepo’s Winners Chapel remains the most ambitious in terms of turning ministry into a thriving business.

Some members of Christ Embassy justified all that the church does. They said neither Pastor Chris nor members of the church were bothered by the many criticisms against their practice since all they do have roots in the bible.

Mary Oyaheire, a deaconess in the church, admitted that members of the church pay tithe, sow seed and give first fruits. She said members were happy to perform these offerings without any coercion because of the bountiful rewards they have reaped from doing that. She said the bible admonished Christians not to put their money where cockroaches would destroy.

On the allegation that Pastor Oyakhilome deviated from pursuing the spread of the gospel and winning of souls into building business empires, she said there was no place anyway in the bible where it was stated that a minister of God should be poor. “So what you mean is that the pastor should be poor, where in the bible is it stated that a man of God should be poor. Look at Abraham. He was our biblical father he was a rich man. So what are we talking about? Our God is not a God of poverty,” she said.

She even challenged the reporter to come and become a member of the church and see whether in two months he would not be swimming in wealth. She said it was not true that some members have been ruined financially because of their huge financial commitments to the church whereas the pastor’s wealth and the church kept expanding. She said they were all successful people in their various endeavours and that this was due to the goodness of God upon their lives since becoming members of the church.

Another member, Udeme Sylvester, said first fruits and sowing of seed which members take seriously are done according to how the spirit directs. He maintained that they are not given out of compulsion. He disagreed with those who think a minister of God should not be wealthy. He said poverty was not God’s wish for any man but the work of Satan.

However, on Sunday, March 7, Christ Embassy held a concert to raise funds for the victims of the recent earthquake in Haiti. It hopes to raise funds through the selling of tickets. The tickets range from N1000 to N100,000. The church said the focus was on the children of Haiti. Dajun Ikeokwu, a pastor of the church, said the relief materials to be sent would include food, drugs and clothes.

The thinking is that the church wants to use the humanitarian gesture to score a point that it also cares contrary to the view that the church makes so much money without helping humanity.

Reported by Demola Abimboye, Danusa Ocholi, Dike Onwuamaeze and Ishaya Ibrahim

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 6:16am On Jun 29, 2011
On December 22, 2009, one Seyi Ahmed, a 30-year-old film producer, attempted to blow up Superscreen television, which is one of the media houses owned by the pastor’s church. Ahmed, who is currently undergoing trial, said his abortive act was to draw the attention of Chris to the unfair treatment he received from the church. He claimed that he had been working for the church for some time and that the last job he did for them he was not paid despite several appeals. He said his intention was to get the attention of Pastor Chris so that he would get his money. Ahmed lost both eyes and a limb to his infamous expedition when the bomb exploded on him before he could reach the seventh floor where the television is located.

Thats what he claimed ,but that's not the truth, the story Is  false and he is hiding the identity of tbe people who sent him. If what he claimed is true why couldn't  he use the law or media. He has to take people's lives to get one msn attention. He and those who sent him are murderers!

Instructively, the new phase of Christianity which has propelled some Pentecostal ministers of God like Oyakhilome to turn their ministries into business empires has received the bashing of some prominent men of God.

What is anyone's problem if a minister does business? Didn't paul do business?

She even challenged the reporter to come and become a member of the church and see whether in two months he would not be swimming in wealth. She said it was not true that some members have been ruined financially because of their huge financial commitments to the church whereas the pastor’s wealth and the church kept expanding. She said they were all successful people in their various endeavours and that this was due to the goodness of God upon their lives since becoming members of the church.

She's right . if the members are nor complaining. They all have their testimonies Why should anyone else from outside be fighting what he doesn't know.

Another member, Udeme Sylvester, said first fruits and sowing of seed which members take seriously are done according to how the spirit directs. He maintained that they are not given out of compulsion. He disagreed with those who think a minister of God should not be wealthy. He said poverty was not God’s wish for any man but the work of Satan.

Poverty is terrible , you can be rich and Godly.

However, on Sunday, March 7, Christ Embassy held a concert to raise funds for the victims of the recent earthquake in Haiti. It hopes to raise funds through the selling of tickets. The tickets range from N1000 to N100,000. The church said the focus was on the children of Haiti. Dajun Ikeokwu, a pastor of the church, said the relief materials to be sent would include food, drugs and clothes.

We watched the videos of the the relief arriving in Haiti. And the children reach out there.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 6:54am On Jun 29, 2011
crossman9:

Joagbaje (m)
NIGERIA
the christ embassy people just a little lession for the weak in mind for you all need education
headquarters of Believers’ LoveWorld Incorporated,
look at the word there Incorporated, this means it is a business it is registered trade mark meaning a company proof it is not a church also goes under the name of business centre so get your fact right

It is a requirement by government for churches and ministries to be registered as an incorporation. If youre not reistered ,you cant operate account with banks. Because the banks will demand your documents of incorporation to open an account Every church registered . Is church of God mission nit registeted as incorporstion.,what Church do you attend? .Ask your pastor. Or have you become churchless? . Learn to ask questions instead of committing sin against God on daily basis as you're doing. But I'm praying for you.

second point the word dummie well jesus used diffrent expressions like snakes wolfs
the word

Jesus was apostle, he was anointed to rebuke , especislly the umbelievers of his day. They were not Christians. Are you Jesus ? Did Jesus teach you to insult Gods children?. Don't use Jesus as an excuse fornthe sin you are committing. What ever your good intention. You will account before God. Hear what Jesus said.

Mattew 5:22
. . , and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

How can you call christians DUMMIES? ,People born of God. I clap for you again! Moses called the people of God REBBELS. and he was punished for it.

Matthew 12:36-37
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Didnt Jesus and paul make good money. What is wrong if a church or a minister make good money?

So what's your problem with that? At least job opportunity is created.for many people. Assemblies of God had printing press for decades, likewise Jehovah's witness, some other churches run hospitals and schools. People pay there. What is wrong with business?

The Simple Church, Greek word Ecclesia, getting together in Jesus' name.
Many verses in the New Testament speak of the “church,” so it is important to understand what “church” means. The first definition of “church” in modern English dictionaries is something like, “a building for Christian worship,” and it is only the second or third definition that says something like, “a body of Christians,” or “the collective body of Christians.” In the Bible, however, the word “church” never refers to a building, but always to people; specific groups of people.
The origin of God calling out, and working through, a specific group of people started in the Old Testament. By the time Israel left Egypt it was a mighty nation, and God, who had earlier said He would work with the descendants of Abraham, called the nation of Israel out from among the other nations on earth. He chose Israel to be the people through whom He would bring the Messiah, saying:
Exodus 19:5 and 6
(5) Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine,
(6) you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation….
We need to pay special attention to the fact that God said Israel would be a “holy” nation, because “holy” means “set apart,” and God did set Israel apart for Himself out of all the nations on earth. God confirmed again and again that the Israelites were a special and holy people to Him (Deut. 4:37; 7:6; 14:2, 21; 26:19; 28:9; etc.).
One of the primary Hebrew words used to designate the people of Israel is qahal (Strong’s number 6951), and it is often translated “assembly.” For example, when God was speaking to Moses about signaling to the Israelites, He said, “To gather the assembly [qahal], blow the trumpets” (Num. 10:7).
When the Old Testament was translated into Greek in Alexandria, Egypt around 250 B.C., making the version we today call the Septuagint, the Hebrew word qahal was usually translated as ekkl?sia. The Greek translators of the Septuagint did not coin the word ekkl?sia, but instead used a word that was in common use. Louw and Nida write in their Greek-English lexicon:
The term evkklhsi,a [ekkl?sia] was in common usage for several hundred years before the Christian era and was used to refer to an assembly of persons constituted by well-defined membership. In general Greek usage it was normally a socio-political entity based upon citizenship in a city-state… In many contexts evkklhsi,a may be readily rendered as ‘gathering of believers’ or ‘group of those who trust in Christ.’ [1]
The term ekkl?sia occurs over 100 times in the New Testament and, as was pointed out earlier, it always refers to groups of people, never to the building where the people met. The word ekkl?sia was used of many different groups, not just Christians. In the New Testament these groups include:
• Jews: Acts 7:38 (The Israelites in the wilderness; often translated “assembly,” but translated “church” in the KJV).
• Gentiles: Acts 19:32 (a gathering of Gentiles in Ephesus).
• The universal body of believers made up of Jews, Gentiles, and Christians. Jesus said, “…on this rock I will build my church” (Matt. 16:18), and in that context Jesus’ “church,” his “assembly” or “congregation,” consists of every person who is saved. Many great people in the Old Testament were not Jews, people such as Ruth the Moabite and Uriah the Hittite, but they are saved and thus are part of Jesus’ “church.” Thus, in John 10:16 Jesus said to the Jews around him, “I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.”
• The whole body of Christians: Acts 5:11; 20:28; 1 Corinthians 10:32.
• Christians in a local area or who met in a specific local place; a local assembly: Acts 14:23; Romans 16:1; 1 Corinthians 4:17.
Some Bible translators recognize that translating ekkl?sia as “church” can confuse new Christians, who would naturally think of the “church” as a building, and so they use “assembly” or “congregation” instead of “church” in their versions. Bible versions that use “assembly” include the translation done by Charles Darby, Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible, and Young’s Literal Translation. Versions that use “congregation” include The Better Version of the New Testament by Chester Estes and The New English Bible.
The impact of realizing that the “church” is people is simple but profound. Biblically, people do not “go to church,” they are the church. The “church” meets wherever they gather. Thus, while we often think in terms of Christians meeting in “churches” (buildings), the biblical reality is that “churches” (assemblies; congregations) exist wherever Christians meet: in “church” buildings, houses, apartments, workplaces, parks, and more. Since the “church” is people, God’s emphasis is not where we meet, but that we meet. The place that the “church” selects to meet should be a purposeful decision, based upon what the meeting is supposed to accomplish.
For personal growth, the small meeting in a house or apartment is often the best because everyone gets to pray, share, and participate. Participation usually means quick growth. Larger meetings are wonderful for general education and accomplishing tasks that small groups cannot easily accomplish, such as sponsoring an outside speaker or a conference, or having a band or choir. Also, just as small groups have more intimacy, large groups often have a level of collective excitement that is not present in smaller meetings.

So what's the point in all these long grammar? Why not just go strait to the point?

Another point that we should clarify, especially in today’s, “do it alone” culture, is that one Christian is not a “church.” Today, with Christian radio, TV, Podcasts, YouTube, and much more, it can be easy to get a “good feeling” about God, or learn about Him, without personally meeting together with others. Paul paraphrased Christ’s words, “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35), and true Christianity is about giving. Not just giving money, or “things,” but sharing our time and lives with others. Face to face church should be one of the mainstays of our Christian lives.
In closing, it is perhaps valuable to know why the word “church” came to be used in Christian circles if it refers to a building, but the Greek word from which it is translated in the New Testament never means a building. Although the word “church” developed over time from the Middle English, from Old English, from the Germanic, its ancient root is the Greek word kuriakon, meaning “belonging to the Lord” (from the word kurios, “lord”). Historians say that kuriakon was used of places of Christian worship from around the time of Constantine. This would make sense for a couple of reasons, .

Chinekeeee!. . . I came up to take some breath. I go again. . .

First, Constantine was the first Christian emperor of Rome, and he started a campaign of building places for worship (“church buildings”), which needed a general name that would set them apart from the other public buildings he, as emperor, was building and also set them apart from the pagan temples in the Empire. Thus, kuriakon, or “belonging to the Lord” would have been a very appropriate general name for these buildings. It is easy to think of Greek speaking people talking of “going to the kuriakon.”
Second, by the time of Constantine much of the original revelation of the Apostle Paul had been lost. For the most part, the Sacred Secret, the use of the manifestations of holy spirit, salvation by faith, the priesthood of the believer, and many such doctrines had been lost. Replacing those were the “clergy” and a much more controlled and specific liturgy, which were available only in the kuriakon buildings. Thus, over the centuries, the institution of the “church” building replaced the biblical concept that the church was people. The Reformation re-established the doctrine of the priesthood of the believer, but from a practical standpoint the general teaching inside Christendom continued to be that people had to “go to church.” It was only in the latter part of the 1900’s that the house church movement really caught on, at which time doctrine taught, and practice confirmed, that people were indeed the “church.”
It can be wonderfully freeing to realize that there does not have to be a “church building” for our prayers, praise, and fellowship together to be somehow validated by God. When Christians, even groups of two or three, get together in Christ’s name to pray, sing, study, help and advise each other, or perform Christian acts of giving and charity, they are the “church,” and Jesus promised he would be among them (Matt. 18:20). From time to time we here at Spirit & Truth Fellowship hear from people who do not get together with other Christians because they say they “cannot find a church” where they fit in. While it is true that in some situations it can be difficult to find a large group of people who meet in a building with whom you can fellowship, it is rarely difficult to find one or two others to fellowship with in Christ’s name. “Church,” i.e., Christians meeting together, is vital if we are to have powerful Christian lives. We are the “church,” the assembly, the congregation, so let’s make sure we are assembling with other Christians.

So what's the long grammar all about . You act as someone who wants attention at all cost.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by mabell: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2011
@crossman,
your post was beautiful
you have successfully announced that Christ Embassy is a soul winning church
and aside that, the word of God works
Also, you made it known that " we own the world and can do anything"
Such publicity and advert
Thank you o!

Job 42:2 I know that thou canst do all things, And that no purpose of thine can be restrained.
Php 4:13 I can do all things in him that strengtheneth me.
(ASV)

Job 42:2 I know that thou canst do all things, And that no purpose of thine can be restrained.
Php 4:13 I can do all things in him that strengtheneth me.
(ASV)

Lastly, that building at Oregun is an edifice and i know God is proud of it
Remember, when solomon was building God a temple God gave him specifications and materials to be used
so Pastor Chris is very much in line
Read 1st chronicles 28
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2011
Joagbaje (m)
this battle is not truly mine as premature as it is, but the battle is the lords not mine alone so i stand as a man with a divine calling against false teaching have you truly read the bible instead of defending the truth of (Pastor Chris) you have become apologist for false teachers i feel sorry for you?
You are nothing more than a puppet having his strings pulled; the reason I have to go into the long grammar is because in all your tainted knowledge of the word of God you still can comprehend the true Gospel and many more like you
Whoever you really are, you don't know the bible and you don’t know “Christ’s” teaching as well you know Pastor Chris and his teaching which I grieve deeply for you and many more like you
You are in a world held captive to what you see and your imagination is clouded with lies being projected from a man that cares for nothing his fellow man.
You where implying that we should not judge well does the bible agree with this statement of mind when you are passing judgement on me yourself
You implied in your statement I was in sin in my life, and me also being a loner, have you ever heard of the word “sojourner” and not a church Goer but you never think I mint be a pastor or evangelist which I am one of them.
Sojourner appears in scriptures 11 times in the bible (K.J.V)
Genesis 23:3 And Abraham stood up from before his dead, and spake unto the sons of Heth, saying,
Genesis 23:4 I am a stranger and a sojourner with you: give me a possession of a burying place with you, that I may bury my dead out of my sight.

Leviticus 22:10 There shall no stranger eat of the holy thing: a sojourner of the priest, or an hired servant, shall not eat of the holy thing

Leviticus 25:23 The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.

Leviticus 25:35 And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

Leviticus 25:39 And if thy brother that dwelleth by thee be waxen poor, and be sold unto thee; thou shalt not compel him to serve as a bondservant:
Leviticus 25:40 But as an hired servant, and as a sojourner, he shall be with thee, and shall serve thee unto the year of jubile.

Leviticus 25:47 And if a sojourner or stranger wax rich by thee, and thy brother that dwelleth by him wax poor, and sell himself unto the stranger or sojourner by thee, or to the stock of the stranger's family:

Numbers 35:15 These six cities shall be a refuge, both for the children of Israel, and for the stranger, and for the
sojourner among them: that every one that killeth any person unawares may flee thither.

2 Samuel 4:3 And the Beerothites fled to Gittaim, and were sojourners there until this day.)

1 Chronicles 29:15 For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.

Psalms 39:12 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.

It also means nomadic a lonely traveller in a strange land not his own Jesus said my kingdom is not of the world or my servants would fight?
So my life is not of this world but the heavily father
The word you used from the bible you fool = hell fire you are partly right?
Here the apostle Paul using the same word in the bible as did Solomon
Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Galatians 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Paul said you foolish Galatians who as bewitch 
Note it is not is singular but a plural of the word “fool” hence “foolish”
I am here to save your soul and more on the other hand thank for any correction you give me praise God for that he who saves souls is wise the opposite of foolishness.
Did you notice I thank God not Pastor Chris 
It is not wrong to save a child from running in front of a car and holding his hand tight even it hurts a little better a little pain and a whole lot of death?
So let’s give you a little lesson in truth for the spiritual blind
And the governments require you as church to be registered as a charity which Christ embassy is this is for tax purpose and being registered means you don’t pay tax because you are a charity statues not a business or this case “Corporation i.e. Trademarked” if they love to spread the gospel it would not matter if other people made a copy of the word or their case (books DVD’s Cds or any materials)  as long as the kingdom of God is being advanced there is a testimony in my book when it comes out read it? It addresses this very thing you are trying to defend.

Matthew 10:7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.'
8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
9Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts;
10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.
11"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave.
12As you enter the home, give it your greeting.

This is money to them spiritual gold
(N.I.V) 1 Corinthians 9:18  What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.

(K.J.V)1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (New International Version,)
17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (King James Version)
17For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:6 I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.
7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

DOCTOR TRUTH HERE: recommend daily scans of your spiritual hard drive to ensure your mind is not infected with self-styled false prophets and teachers whose only goal is your bank account, enslaving you through false teaching
Make sure you scan your mind with the bible daily here is a little computer program illustration
Making life free from (Pastor Chris, Oyakhilome) and his false teaching making the world a better place person by person brick by brick?
(Mabell) I only reposted from another site it was not me writing but there was many points prove Christ embassy is a business not a church

notice why i put in all my art work about the christ embassy this statement (In-Corporations We Trust $)
This is because you’re putting trust in a business not in your savour the lord Jesus Christ and in the insanity of following a manmade flesh a “wan a be” self-designed god
“Trust in Jesus Christ” not you’re god in a white suite

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2011
crossman9:

Joagbaje (m)
this battle is not truly mine as premature as it is, but the battle is the lords not mine alone so i stand as a man with a divine calling against false teaching have you truly read the bible instead of defending the truth of (Pastor Chris) you have become apologist for false teachers i feel sorry for you?
You are nothing more than a puppet having his strings pulled; the reason I have to go into the long grammar is because in all your tainted knowledge of the word of God you still can comprehend the true Gospel and many more like you
Whoever you really are, you don't know the bible and you don’t know “Christ’s” teaching as well you know Pastor Chris and his teaching which I grieve deeply for you and many more like you
You are in a world held captive to what you see and your imagination is clouded with lies being projected from a man that cares for nothing his fellow man.
You where implying that we should not judge well does the bible agree with this statement of mind when you are passing judgement on me yourself
You implied in your statement I was in sin in my life, and me also being a loner, have you ever heard of the word “sojourner” and not a church Goer but you never think I mint be a pastor or evangelist which I am one of them.
Sojourner appears in scriptures 11 times in the bible (K.J.V)

Your words judge you already . I'm not the one judging you. When you do things which are clearly against the word of God.

The word you used from the bible you fool = hell fire you are partly right?
Here the apostle Paul using the same word in the bible as did Solomon
Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Paul was rebuking his members . He was an apostle over them. Jesus was an apostle . Who are you?. There is difference between telling someone you acted foolishly and telling him" you are a fool" one is dealing with conduct, the other is dealing with character or attitude. Instead of sriving for perfection, Why will you be going all over scripture just to justify you wrong utterances. If paul made mistakes must you make the same mistakes.  Your words have to be seasoned with purity. What fruit you show display the spirit in you. You don't correct people by abusing them.

2 Timothy 2:24
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

James 3:10
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

if they love to spread the gospel it would not matter if other people made a copy of the word or their case (books DVD’s Cds or any materials)  as long as the kingdom of God is being advanced there is a testimony in my book when it comes out read it?

Why would I want to read you drawing book when I've not finished with the bible.

Matthew 10:7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.'
8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
9Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts;
10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.
11"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave.
12As you enter the home, give it your greeting.

This is money to them spiritual gold
(N.I.V) 1 Corinthians 9:18  What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.

(K.J.V)1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (New International Version,)
17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (King James Version)
17For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:6 I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.
7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

You should learn to save your time and others. Why all these boring long write up. Why not just go to the point and state your case in few lines. It is not how long that counts.

DOCTOR TRUTH HERE: recommend daily scans of your spiritual hard drive to ensure your mind is not infected with self-styled false prophets and teachers whose only goal is your bank account, enslaving you through false teaching
Make sure you scan your mind with the bible daily here is a little computer program illustration
Making life free from (Pastor Chris, Oyakhilome) and his false teaching making the world a better place person by person brick by brick?

Pastor chris simply teach and preach Jesus christ. Christ in us. What is false about that? Tell me.

(Mabell) I only reposted from another site it was not me writing but there was many points prove Christ embassy is a business not a church

If it is a business and this business is winning soils into the kingdom of God. It must be a good business. I wish every business will be godly like that . Imagine if banks starts to organise crusades, Satan will be in serious trouble. What do you think?

notice why i put in all my art work about the christ embassy this statement (In-Corporations We Trust $)
Your artwork is child's play. You should know that I'm an artist as well . And a very good one for that matter. Your drawings are very childish . You can check out some of my works in the link below.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeagbaje

You can think twice if you want to impress me with these children drawings.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2011
masterbation is not a sin against God pastor christ says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP0CDsvu8DM

, And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. "Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. " 1Corinthians:6:12:20

Eph 5:3 (NIV) But among you there must not be even a hint of intimate immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

1Th 4:2-8 (NIV) For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid intimate immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God,  For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
John 8:32 (NIV) "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

1 Peter 4:1-2 (NIV) Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.

1 Peter 4:1-2 (Wey) Since, then, Christ suffered in the flesh, you also must arm yourselves with a determination to do the same--because he who has suffered in the flesh has done with sin--that in the future you may spend the rest of your earthly lives, governed not by human passions, but by the will of God.

Genesis 38
New International Version (NIV)
8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his Fluid on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the LORD’s sight; so the LORD put him to death also.

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2011
If you wee in your pant is it a sin against God? The sin of Onan was not because he spilled it to the ground . What do you say of husband and wife that spills ot to the ground by agreement as a form of birth control. The sin of Onan was the fact that he denied procreation by raising offering for his brother according to custom. Don't men matubate to do Spem count test? Is it a sin to do Spem count test? The same way you do urine test.

The fact remains that it's a bad habit but it is not a sin against God . But against ones body. Cigarett smoking is a bad habit but it's not a sin against God.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2011
right you wrong it made God very mad because he was spilling his seed on the ground that is why God killed him so get your facts right pastor said it is not a sin against God right i self services and spill my seed on the bed or on the sock like in American pie what does that make nothing is the answer there is no woman present you are so blind to defend pastor Chris to the death
It is like max in the thunder Dom 2 men go in and one comes out come on wake up and see him for what he is a liar and evil doer
There is more I could give you Jesus said if you look on a woman to lust after you have committed adultery already in your heart
So when self services thinking of a brick wall or a woman but in your case who knows

Psalm 7
New International Version (NIV)
14 Whoever is pregnant with evil
conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.
15 Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out
falls into the pit they have made.
16 The trouble they cause recoils on them;
their violence comes down on their own heads.

17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness;
I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.

Exodus 20:17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leviticus 18:20 "'Do not have intimate relations with your neighbor's wife and defile yourself with her.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deuteronomy 22:22 If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.
2 Samuel 11:2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful,
Job 31:1 "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl.
Proverbs 6:25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes,
Ezekiel 23:16 As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea.
Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, intimate immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.
James 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
James 1:15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

New International Version (©1984)
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
New Living Translation (©2007)
But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

English Standard Version (©2001)
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

International Standard Version (©2008)
But I say to you, anyone who stares at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
But I can guarantee that whoever looks with lust at a woman has already committed adultery in his heart.

King James Bible
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

American King James Version
But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.

American Standard Version
but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Bible in Basic English
But I say to you that everyone whose eyes are turned on a woman with desire has had connection with her in his heart.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But I say to you, that whosoever shall look on a woman to lust after her, hath already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Darby Bible Translation
But I say unto you, that every one who looks upon a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

English Revised Version
but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Webster's Bible Translation
But I say to you, That whoever looketh on a woman to lust after her, hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Weymouth New Testament
But I tell you that whoever looks at a woman and cherishes lustful thoughts has already in his heart become guilty with regard to her.

World English Bible
but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Young's Literal Translation
but I -- I say to you, that every one who is looking on a woman to desire her, did already commit adultery with her in his heart.

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her - Επιθυμησαι αυτην, earnestly to covet her. The verb, επιθυμεω, is undoubtedly used here by our Lord, in the sense of coveting through the influence of impure desire. The word is used in precisely the same sense, on the same subject, by Herodotus, book the first, near the end. I will give the passage, but I dare not translate it. To the learned reader it will justify my translation, and the unlearned must take my word. Της ΕΠΙΘΥΜΗΣΕΙ γυναικος Μασσαγετης ανηρ, μισγεται αδεως, Raphelius, on this verse, says, επιθυμειν hoc loco, est turpi cupiditate mulieris potiundae flagrare. In all these eases, our blessed Lord points out the spirituality of the law; which was a matter to which the Jews paid very little attention. Indeed it is the property of a Pharisee to abstain only from the outward crime. Men are very often less inquisitive to know how far the will of God extends, that they may please him in performing it, than they are to know how far they may satisfy their lusts without destroying their bodies and souls, utterly, by an open violation of his law.

Hath committed adultery with her already in his heart - It is the earnest wish or desire of the soul, which, in a variety of cases, constitutes the good or evil of an act. If a man earnestly wish to commit an evil, but cannot, because God puts time, place, and opportunity out of his power, he is fully chargeable with the iniquity of the act, by that God who searches and judges the heart. So, if a man earnestly wish to do some kindness, which it is out of his power to perform, the act is considered as his; because God, in this case, as in that above, takes the will for the deed. If voluntary and deliberate looks and desires make adulterers and adulteresses, how many persons are there whose whole life is one continued crime! whose eyes being full of adultery, they cannot cease from sin, 2 Peter 2:14. Many would abhor to commit one external act before the eyes of men, in a temple of stone; and yet they are not afraid to commit a multitude of such acts in the temple of their hearts, and in the sight of God!

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Joagbaje(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2011
What happens if you have a wet dream and you wake up to see that you have spilled it on yourself ,is it a sin?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by crossman9(m): 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2011
Well do you remember the teaching by our beloved false profit oh i mean prophet at church, when he said cream your dreams if you are in a dream and you see a car and bike take the car well he had some good point the bible tell us to renew your mind roman 12:
Romans 12
A Living Sacrifice
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Philippians 2:5

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
King James Bible
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
American King James Version
American Standard Version
Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Douay-Rheims Bible
For let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Darby Bible Translation
For let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus;
English Revised Version
Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Webster's Bible Translation
World English Bible
Have this in your mind, which was also in Christ Jesus,
Young's Literal Translation
For, let this mind be in you that is also in Christ Jesus,

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (93) (Reply)

Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"- / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 258
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.