Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (305561 Views)

BREAKING: Uk’s Prime Minister Defies Obama, Makes Huge Announcement About Christ / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2008
Pepeye:

But beyond all this, Pastor Chris’s journey in life has been in one direction ONLY;

Upward and Forward!!!

Samuel thot the same of Eliab also.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by ow11(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2008
Pepeye:

But I hate to burst your bubbles because you’re still one of the insignificant masses, a street urchin, painstakingly trying to be make a point

It’ll take you donkey years to get the levels of pastors in BL, not to talk of Pst Chris

But beyond all this, Pastor Chris’s journey in life has been in one direction ONLY;

Upward and Forward!!!

Really you deserve some PITY, if all you’ve set out to achieve in life is to expose Pst Chris via N/L

You are a born again christian sister, do not let your devotion to a particular church cause you to commit the same sin you accuse another.

We are all equal in Christ and inasmuch as you feel agrieved someone is insulting someone you greatly rever, you should not result to throwing insults and name calling. If you feel the OP is wrong, you should point out facts and rebut his accusations with facts. We are all bystanders watching and would draw conclusions not based on sentiments but on objectivity.

Towing the line of  name calling only reveals a desperate fellow trying to cling onto something which he has lost (remember John McCain's tactics against Obama). Please refrain from name calling and address the issues raised by the poster or If you feel his thread doesnot require an answer from you, then quietly exit the forum and get someone from your church to come and clear the air over this scenario. Furthermore, NL is a place to make 'noise', afterall it is an online forum (operating word: FORUM)

This issue raised here has a conclusion, It is either SirJohn is lying, Pastor Chris is not very honest or his staff are deceiving him. One of these three is definately the answer.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Raymond4kc: 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2008
This issue raised here has a conclusion, It is either SirJohn is lying, Pastor Chris is not very honest or his staff are deceiving him. One of these three is definately the answer.
This is the conclusion of the matter.
Nothing more , nothing more.
ALL CE MEMBERS SHOULD DEFEND JESUS AND NOT PST CHRIS. I HAVE A QUESTION FOR MY CE BRETHERN.

HAVE U TRIED TO PONDER IN PRAYERS TO KNOW HOW GENIUUE THIS STORY OF JOHN IS? THINK ABOUT IT. GOD BLESS.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by hubreality(m): 5:23am On Nov 25, 2008
I dislike arguing on God's word or being busy talking about other people continually. It is an ungodly act. If you cannot interceed in prayers to change unpleasant situations and for our brethren, then you're not a believer and a good follower of Jesus Christ. I must truly confess that this thread is a distraction. How? After all valuable points made by all posters here and cannot agree in Love believing and allowing God through our supplications and prayers to Judge and change situations as believers then it is satanic in all sense. I thank God for the poster and all involved. Here comes my last post on this thread. I cease from this moment to respond further repeatedly on this thread, despite who is false/fake or not? I cherrish Wisdom ultimately and Wisdom is profitable to direct in all things. Thank you and God bless.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dafidixone(m): 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2008
I realy would want us to take our answer to this puzzle from the word of God. While Jesus was alive some people were performing miracles in His name, So the apostles asked Jesus if they should stop them and then Jesus said '' whoever is for us is not against us. (Luke 9:50).
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2008
dafidixone:

I realy would want us to take our answer to this puzzle from the word of God. While Jesus was alive some people were performing miracles in His name, So the apostles asked Jesus if they should stop them and then Jesus said '' whoever is for us is not against us. (Luke 9:50).

the question here is that the miracles at CE are staged. I'm sure if Christ knew those people were performing stage acts in the name of "miracles" He wouldnt have made that statement.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2008
hubreality:

I dislike arguing on God's word or being busy talking about other people continually. It is an ungodly act. If you cannot interceed in prayers to change unpleasant situations and for our brethren, then you're not a believer and a good follower of Jesus Christ. I must truly confess that this thread is a distraction. How? After all valuable points made by all posters here and cannot agree in Love believing and allowing God through our supplications and prayers to Judge and change situations as believers then it is satanic in all sense. I thank God for the poster and all involved. Here comes my last post on this thread. I cease from this moment to respond further repeatedly on this thread, despite who is false/fake or not? I cherrish Wisdom ultimately and Wisdom is profitable to direct in all things. Thank you and God bless.

@Hubreality,
It was not my intention to wear you out of the thread, but I think it was wise of you to heed sound advice to exit the thread since you and your 'allies' have failed to address the issues raised here. You tried to take up a responsibility which was beyond you; I most certainly understand your dilemma. I was never at any time mad at you for not accepting my story; I know if you had seen the things I saw it would probably have been a different story all together.
I therefore urge you to take time to find things out for yourself, I believe that will settle a lot of issues. And if you do find out that my story is true, then be it known unto you that you owe the world the TRUTH. If you keep mute, then let the blood of every of Gods children who would have heard this truth from you rest upon your head.
I do not hold anything against you or Pepeye, even if you do not apologize for the insults. I forgive you

ow11:

Towing the line of  name calling only reveals a desperate fellow trying to cling onto something which he has lost (remember John McCain's tactics against Obama). Please refrain from name calling and address the issues raised by the poster or If you feel his thread doesnot require an answer from you, then quietly exit the forum and get someone from your church to come and clear the air over this scenario.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Africankel(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2008
Hello, Jesus Christ is thesame yesterday, today and forever! How are you all doing? Sorry I've been outa town for a while, You know, ministry business.
Mr John, quite a lovely tread you've put up here, and I must say I admire your efforts to expose the Healing School of CE. I really didnt have time to peruse all the inputes by inmates. Haven gone through your first post I must first disagree that you where never a member of Christ Embassy and that you've not been under the tutelage of Pastor Oyaks! You don't talk like one of us, You went to the Healing School to find faults, not facts or healing for your friend or who ever it was. Probably that was why he never got healed! Let me ask you! Where you asked to pay for the services rendered to you at the healing school? Do you know how we take care of these sick folks from all over the world? Why would we fake a miracle when people are not even paying for it? Boy you need to think again! Listen to me, Ex Christ Embassy members, wether hurt or unhurt, will NEVER condisent to such outrageous and malicious claims. You also said some partners are selected to attend the sessions, yes! We can't invite the whole church, only different categeory of partners are invited in different sessions. You can't be invited if you cannot inspire faith in the hearts of the students, If you ever where a partner and a MEGA one at that, you should be focused on how these floks will get healed and not who is on the line and who is not. How can an unprepared man be fixed in a line when we all know its baseless, O! I almost forgot to mention that u reffered to Pastor as a Holy Businessman, I am amzed that you're just knowing! Anyway, I'm glad you're up from your slumber. His life is sold out for this Business, All Christians are supposed to be holy business people, if you're not in the business yet, Join the band wagon before it gets late! I wish I could continue, but I'm outa time, its time for dinner!

Pastor Chris loves you and so do I.

God Bless You!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by donnie(m): 12:14am On Nov 26, 2008
Welcome bro'
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SisiJinx: 12:57am On Nov 26, 2008
Africankel:

You don't talk like one of us,

How can you not see what you do when you make statements like that??!!

Pastor Chris loves you

I think the OP will much rather JESUS loved him instead of Pastor Chris

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2008
Africankel:

I really didnt have time to peruse all the inputes by inmates.

The very same cowardly trait others like you have exhibited on this thread, its called INSECURITY. There must be something you guys are afraid of seeing.

Africankel:

Haven gone through your first post I must first disagree that you where never a member of Christ Embassy and that you've not been under the tutelage of Pastor Oyaks! You don't talk like one of us,

Listen to yourself Africankel!!

Africankel:

You went to the Healing School to find faults, not facts or healing for your friend or who ever it was. Probably that was why he never got healed!

Please take time out to go through the thread, no one will take anything you say here serious if you dont. theres no ounce of seriousness in your post.
This issue has been addressed time and time again on this thread.

Africankel:

Why would we fake a miracle when people are not even paying for it? Boy you need to think again! Listen to me, Ex Christ Embassy members, wether hurt or unhurt, will NEVER condisent to such outrageous and malicious claims. You also said some partners are selected to attend the sessions, yes! We can't invite the whole church, only different categeory of partners are invited in different sessions. You can't be invited if you cannot inspire faith in the hearts of the students, If you ever where a partner and a MEGA one at that, you should be focused on how these floks will get healed and not who is on the line and who is not. How can an unprepared man be fixed in a line when we all know its baseless,

Yes, admission into the healing school is free!!, no doubt about that. But the students are made to sign up partnership forms during the session. They are also taught lied to that their partnership or seed sowing can increase their chance to 'tap' the healing anointing. Even after the healing school, text mesages (I can post samples if you want) and calls are repeatedly made to students from healing school staff to remind them of their partnership pledges during the healing school session. (free indeed!!)
Besides, MEGA partners are selected to witness the healing session; the reason for this is quite simple. when they see the phoney miracles, they are inspired to give more. (Good 'Holy Business' strategy if you ask me)
You said: "How can an unprepared man be fixed in a line when we all know its baseless" Is this what you call them, 'UNPREPARED'? you set up a charade called the healing school to 'teach them faith' and after two weeks you send back hundreds of them and say they are 'UNPREPARED' what a shame!! and some people have the effrontery to tell us not to expose this.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by dafidixone(m): 10:58am On Nov 26, 2008
the question here is that the miracles at CE are staged. I'm sure if Christ knew those people were performing stage acts in the name of "miracles" He wouldnt have made that statement.

we can not assume what Jesus would do. His ways are not our ways. smiley

Shalom!
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by holyeye(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ poster,

good work.
i read all the posts from the very begining to the end.
it is so obvious that christianity has been segmented based on the leaders synonymous with cults and secret groups.
i am deeply moved by these allegations irrespective of the truth in them.
i saw the documentary called "killer cults" on CNN last week and my eyes were filled with tears.
Jim Jones (the peole's temple), david koresh, aum, the solar temple etc
we should learn to thread with caution while following supposed men of God.
it is bullshit to tag urself as a member a particular church instead be interested in being a proper christian after christ.
i can fit to worship anywhere. be it Christ embasy, Household, RCCG, Deeperlife, MFM etc. e no mata. I am not there to see a fellow man but God. Thus the vehement insultive response on the character of the poster and those that concur with him is not necessary.
there is no where in the scripture that says if u see an anomaly that u shouldn't say it.
saying it wld help correct it.
if true P.Chris can discover his purpose(maybe d word nd nt miracles) and thus possibly make heaven.
the poster gave eye witness account as a nigerian.
the sowetans have given their own account.
we need to shine our eyes.
may God help us.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2008
Africankel:

Haven gone through your first post I must first disagree that you where never a member of Christ Embassy and that you've not been under the tutelage of Pastor Oyaks! You don't talk like one of us,

Paul wasnt a disciple, timothy was a gentile . . . yet they were ALL UNITED with the original 11 disciples under the salvation of Jesus Christ.

What do you mean by "you dont talk like one of us"?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by KunleOshob(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2008
DavidDylan:

What do you mean by "you don't talk like one of us"?
What he means is that he doesn't talk like a thoroughly brainwashed worshipper of Pastor Chris

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by vicade(m): 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2008
Just like i told a friend, I don't answer to pastor chris or any other pastor. I answer to God the father, the son and the holy spirit.

I don't need pastor chris or any other pastor to connect with GOD. The job is already taken by JESUS. There are no economy seats to heaven, we are all going First class. cool

The association pastor chris had with pastor t.b. joshua is still the highlight of the veracity of his claims.

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/tbjoshua.html

I must confess that most of his teachings(Pastor chris) are very intelligent but i look a the flock of christ embassy and i just have a feeling something is not right.

I stand to be corrected but chris oyakhilome is not half as controversial as the followers of his ministry. They seem to see chris oyakhilome as an intercessor or something like that and the only intercessor is JESUS CHRIST MY LORD AND SAVIOUR.

I believe in the Word of GOD and i will never ever answer to or believe in any man of GOD. I answer to only GOD and my GOD is not a confused GOD.

I have faith in JESUS and not any pastor but based on actions of members of christ embassy i know personally, i think they have faith in their pastor and would o all out to defend him. Sir john may be right or he may be wrong,but miracles must be verified . For example, when i was in Jss 2 my best friend had only one ball/egg in his scrotum and he needed an operation and all that but he had to be of a certain age which he had attained. He was to be operated at ST. Nicholas hospital i think. He went for the holy ghost service at the redemption camp and Pastor Adeboye mentioned the case and declared him healed during the service. His dad checked immediately and he had two balls/eggs. They had even paid for the operation . His dad brought him out later and gave a testimony.

That is a miracle not a mickey mouse i have neck pain or i have migraine/wheel chair  stuff that cannot be verified.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by vicade(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2008
Miracles should be verified. Cos we dont know what is in this men of GOD when they say greater is what is in them than what is in the world.How do i know who or what is in them? we dont answer to them. we answer to JESUS.

A girl has not seen all her life and she is healed and she can recognise colours and a member of christ embassy tells me it is the anointing of the holy spirit? I am not a theologian but i know for sure that GOD is not a confused GOD.Independent Tv stations are allowed to air some programs for other churches. i think this should be encouraged in CE. More like a kind of independent auditors stuff cos they have all under their control and you only see or hear what they want you to
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by donnie(m): 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2008
@Vicade
Look at you. . . christian. . . attempting to compare pastors with pastors. please learn to stick to God's word and not hearsay then you will not be speaking in such a confused manner. Yes, members of CEC love their pastor  but know the Lord and understand what He expects of them.

That is why you do not hear things like: The God of pastor chris or the God of Christembassy like is common among you. I remember a certain convention years ago where a lady  who was healed came testifying saying: 'I thank the God of Christ Embassy. . . ' It caused no  small erruption of laughter. She wasnt rebuked though, but we recognized that she hasnt been with us but was from among your group of penticostals.

And you are proud to say you do not answer to or believe in anyone (including your pastor and God i guess).

If you have come in contact with any true CEC member, their trust and confidence in the efficacy of God's Word is unmistakable, hence the mighty  exploits they do all around the Word through the power of his name

Talking about the blind girl recognizing colours, you probably read that up from some soft-sell magazine or some junk write-up. That miracle was aired on TV but not on a christembassy program.

However tell me, is it to much for the God who gave a donkey intelligence to speak, rebuking the erring prophet, to give a man intelligence to recognize colours? If you can't believe it, i do! It may be too much for your God but not for my Jesus.

That is too little a miracle for my God to do. if he could open the girl's blind eye, is it too much to give her intelligence to recognize colours?

I have seen one who was born deaf and dumb begin to speak intelligently, answering questions  by the power of God. Common, we are talking about the God who divided the red sea and held it up until over 6 million jews went through.

My friend, is it the same bible i read from that you are reading?

You are so funny, so bc it happened to your friend and @ RCCG which is probably your church, the miracle is genuine? Well you talk about 1 egg being replaced, i have seen a little boy who from birth had no balls (with doctors report to attest to the fact) having his 2 balls appear in between his legs during a CEC meeting.

My dear, all  such  comparison is childish and not helpful. My advice: STICK TO THE WORD
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2008
donnie:

that is the question your write-up has provoked in my spirit. I'm not sure we are talking about the same Jesus, I know a God of wonders who is also a God of order.
Your "Jesus" sounds to me like a magician the way you invoke Him.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2008
donnie:

My dear, all such comparison is childish and not helpful. My advice: STICK TO THE WORD

You havent done so yourself. All you and your colleagues have done is stick to your pastor and church using the word as a wool over the eyes of the unsuspecting.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by donnie(m): 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2008
I read in one of you posts where u admitted that even though you have recieved the Holy Spirit (which we will need more than just words to prove) you do not speak with tongues. That answered my supicions.

Since then, i decided not to join in such arguements with you (especially as pertains to miracles and the power of the Spirit).
Because, if you do not believe in the importance of Speaking in tongues, enough to partake of the gift, how can you appreciate the greater demonstrations of the spirit.

Were you not the one that argued in some place that we as Christians cannot claim to have eternal life or the life and nature of God while on earth?

Unfortunately for you, truths such as these are not learnt in schools, they are recieved by revelation of the spirit through the agency of God's word.

So you can go ahead and speak to the wind, I dey go sleep.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by DavidDylan(m): 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2008
donnie:

I read in one of you posts where u admitted that even though you have recieved the Holy Spirit (which we will need more than just words to prove) you do not speak with tongues. That answered my supicions.

To each and every christian is given a measure of grace. Perhaps mine does not involve speaking in tongues, i am not ashamed to say so. More than half of those who claim to "speak in tongues" (i knew quite a lot from our campus branch of ur church) do not understand it and dont live a life that is worthy of such a claim.

Did you read what apostle Paul had to say about speaking in tongues? Well he said it was pretty much gibberish unless you could interprete it to the edification of the church.

sorry, i am not one of those who glory in "gifts".

donnie:

Since then, i decided not to join in such arguements with you (especially as pertains to miracles and the power of the Spirit).
Because, if you do not believe in the importance of Speaking in tongues, enough to partake of the gift, how can you appreciate the greater demonstrations of the spirit.

We've heard this babble before. Lazarus the beggar, the thief on the cross . . . how much "demonstrations of the spirit" did they do? Where are they today?

donnie:

Were you not the one that argued in some place that we as Christians cannot claim to have eternal life or the life and nature of God while on earth?

Perhaps you shld go back and quote me properly. This makes no sense even to me.

donnie:

Unfortunately for you, truths such as these are not learnt in schools, they are recieved by revelation of the spirit through the agency of God's word.

these are all big but empty words. Dont waste too much time dealing with "revelations of the spirit" when your very words and deeds are contrary to the bible that an illiterate can read.

donnie:

. . . tomorrow they'll be here pontificating about "love".
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by vicade(m): 1:23am On Nov 27, 2008
Just for the record i attend christ embassy bermondsey,Old kent road ,London.

If i was not sticking to the word i will have left the church way back but i focus on the message and not the messanger and i don't answer to chris oyakhilome and i will not defend him, i will only defend my faith and belief in JESUS christ. But as a member of the church i have to agree with some of the comments made by the poster of this topic because they are just common sense if you open your eyes.

I have no doubt that GOD is powerful but i can not put my faith and trust in the hand of any pastor which is unlike most christ embassy members i know personally.

Pastor chris is intelligent and his analysis of the bible is outstanding and the services are awesome but JESUS is the master and only GOD can defend him which is another thing most CE members don't know. I don't ask questions about GOD because i have faith  but pastor chris is no god at all so Kini Big Deal
There are three schools of thoughts raised by me and my friends who are currently discussing this topic which are
1. The Miracles actually occur and are of GOD
2.The Miracles actually occur and are not of GOD
3.The Miracles are fake and never actually occur

Pastor chris association with pastor t.b. joshua is another topic on its own
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by donnie(m): 11:26am On Nov 27, 2008
That you attend CEC on sunday is no guaranty that the Word is in you. Afterall, we see here someone who attended the healing school with a totally different motive. I notice you said you 'attend'; but are you a member there? Are you involved in what is going on there or you just attend?

I dont want to be the one to correct you on this your 'i dont answer to any pastor' talk. I will rather wait for you new friends to do so. If they dont, maybe for the sake of love, i will show you from scripture where you err because you do not wake up one day and decide to belong to a certain church. It is God who leads you there and causes you to be established and grow in that place.

Of what benefit are these schools of thought that you've raised to the body of Christ. shine your own light and let the darkness be exposed. If the miracles are fake, perform the genuine ones. Or else are you saying that satan is more powerful than God.

I have observed that it is only the first category that has permenent members.

The last two are tossed to and fro and this is what i mean: They first start out by saying, 'the miracles are not real. . . they are stage managed'. Then if they are granted the opportunity of witnessing first-hand the power of God, they shift camp saying, 'hmmm it's majic, it's the devil's power!'
The smart ones dont take any position at all but ensure that by watever means, they fulfil their evil intentions on casting doubt on God's annointed, no matter what it takes.

Chai! human beings.
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by mnwankwo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Posters

Miracles that pertain to the physical body can very easily be verified by scientific method. Medical/biomedical science has enough tools to investigate these matters. Whenever claims of healings are made, the claimant should allow independent scientific investigation of his claims. Where such investigations are prevented, then the faith healer is either a charlatan or believes in imagined abilitities. If one believes that God uses him or her to effect a healing miracle, then he or she should provide the evidence. An evidence that has been subjected  through the rigor of independent scientific examination.  Testimonies, newspaper reports, televison displays and even doctors or lab reports do not constitute scientific evidence. Where the healer is  incapable of producing such, then it is clear that he has no gift of healing. Probably, It is only in  faith healing that a practioner remains viable inspite of repeated failures. A surgeon with many reported cases of death during operation will be delisted for lack of ability and even prosecuted. A scientist whose publications are contradicted is forced to retract those publications  and his or her reputation is permanently damaged, funding will cease and his career will end in disgrace. It is high time that faith healers are required by law of each land to open their claims to scientific investigation. That will weed out the charlatans from the extremely few who God has bestowed with the ability to mediate his power to cure sickeness and diseases. You can have the faith to move mountains but if God did not give you the gift of healing, you cannot  cure any illness in the name of God. One of the characteristics of people without genuine ability (in all professions/vocations) is to give excuse instead of evidence.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2008
Hmmm nwankwo you just did justice to the whole thread why all this many talk just provide evidence, we all know talk is cheap!
Please CE members is it true people are discouraged from taking tests after they have been healed?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2008
m_nwankwo:

Probably, It is only in  faith healing that a practioner remains viable inspite of repeated failures. A surgeon with many reported cases of death during operation will be delisted for lack of ability and even prosecuted. A scientist whose publications are contradicted is forced to retract those publications  and his or her reputation is permanently damaged, funding will cease and his career will end in disgrace. It is high time that faith healers are required by law of each land to open their claims to scientific investigation. That will weed out the charlatans from the extremely few who God has bestowed with the ability to mediate his power to cure sickeness and diseases. You can have the faith to move mountains but if God did not give you the gift of healing, you cannot  cure any illness in the name of God. One of the characteristics of people without genuine ability (in all professions/vocations) is to give excuse instead of evidence.

I cannot agree any less m_nwankwo, religious organisations are given too much autonomy especially in Africa. This is no doubt the reason for proliferation of churches. Even Jesus was humble enough to submit His miracle to scrutiny. After curing ten lepers, He sent them to a priest to certify their cure. It was after being certified clean by a priest that one of the ten lepers came back to give glory to God. Luke 17: 11 - 19
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2008
vicade:

There are three schools of thoughts raised by me and my friends who are currently discussing this topic which are
1. The Miracles actually occur and are of GOD
2.The Miracles actually occur and are not of GOD
3.The Miracles are fake and never actually occur

donnie:

Of what benefit are these schools of thought that you've raised to the body of Christ. shine your own light and let the darkness be exposed. If the miracles are fake, perform the genuine ones. Or else are you saying that satan is more powerful than God.

Donnie its called 'dicernment', 'testing the spirits' something you and your lot don't have the balls to do. Its a scriptural instruction from the book of 1 John 4:1 "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." NIV

2 Cor 11:14-15 "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness." NIV

The Berean Christians were called 'Noble' for doing this: Acts 17:11 "Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." NIV

Brother Donnie, you dont prove a miracle is fake by performing a real one. Debunking a false miracle claim does not in any way question the efficacy of Gods power.
READ YOUR BIBLE!!!!!!
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by donnie(m): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2008
Anybody can quote Logos. You talk about descerning of Spirits. What do you use to discern?. . . are you sure it is the gift in operation and not your mind?
why have you not been able to discern whether or not you have the Holy Spirit's backing in this your endeavour?

Look at you, standing in the congregaton of sinners, taking sides with satan the accuser of the brethren to attack the church and then you come here telling me about discernment.

OK let me ask you, since you have discerned, to which group do you belong? 2 or 3? because from what i see, you havent taken a stand on either. Like what i explained before, you started out talking about discernment, implying that the Siprit could be of the devil abi? Then you went ahead to call for independent investigation into the working of miracles thereby leaving room for doubt that they ever occured. My dear, i put it to you that you have discerned nothing, but like your unbeliever friends, you are merely dancing to the tune of the one who ws cast down from heaven.

Do you think i have not seen and heard many attrocities commited by God's children around the world? On how many threads do you see me celebrate along with sinners, the percieved shortcomings of the church. What all this your criticism will not achieve in 10yrs, The heartfelt intercession of a little old lady beside her bed in tears will do in a much shorter time.

It is not my responsibility to criticize and accuse others. I am not wiser than Jesus who said he will build His church and the gates of hell will not prevail. So I leave the accusatin for the devil and his kids.

If you notice, from the story you quoted, the lepers were sent to the priest and not to the Senate Commitee on Mircles, or Independent Miracle Investigation commision, or NBC and definitely not Nairaland. They were sent to the priest of God!
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SirJohn(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2008
donnie:

Anybody can quote Logos. You talk about descerning of Spirits. What do you use to discern?. . . are you sure it is the gift in operation and not your mind?

Yes, anybody can quote the scriptures but that is no excuse for you not to give scriptural references to your arguments. "what do you use to discern?" is that question coming from you? how would you know when you don't back your points with scripture but rather you hide behind quotes from Chris Oyakhilome.
I was not talking about the special gift of 'Discerning of spirit' in 1Cor 12:10; it is very much different from the simple discernment discussed in 1 John 4:1-3.(read your Bilble Donnie)
Perhaps you were waiting till you had the special gift before testing your Pastors' messages and claims.

donnie:

Look at you, standing in the congregaton of sinners, taking sides with satan the accuser of the brethren to attack the church and then you come here telling me about discernment.

It's very disappointing hearing this from you donnie. Most of the people who have contributed a word or two on this thread (for or against my story) are born again, spirit filled, tongue talking Christians. I'm sure you know that.

donnie:

OK let me ask you, since you have discerned, to which group do you belong? 2 or 3? because from what i see, you havent taken a stand on either. Like what i explained before, you started out talking about discernment, implying that the Siprit could be of the devil abi? Then you went ahead to call for independent investigation into the working of miracles thereby leaving room for doubt that they ever occured. My dear, i put it to you that you have discerned nothing, but like your unbeliever friends, you are merely dancing to the tune of the one who ws cast down from heaven.

I'm sorry, but all this does not make an ounce of sense; maybe someone should help out

donnie:

Do you think i have not seen and heard many attrocities commited by God's children around the world? On how many threads do you see me celebrate along with sinners, the percieved shortcomings of the church. What all this your criticism will not achieve in 10yrs, The heartfelt intercession of a little old lady beside her bed in tears will do in a much shorter time.

God forbid that I celebrate the 'shortcomings' of Gods children. But if any man, under the guise of spiritual leadership decides to intentionally fleece Gods children, then such a person must be exposed. deceiving Gods people through false miracles is not a shortcoming, it is a premeditated evil. And i put it to you donnie that Chris Oyakhilome is a culprit.

donnie:

If you notice, from the story you quoted, the lepers were sent to the priest and not to the Senate Commitee on Mircles, or Independent Miracle Investigation commision, or NBC and definitely not Nairaland. They were sent to the priest of God!
who at all has Pastor Chris submitted to for scrutiny? Nobody but himself. His miracle claims have been an object of controversy since he came into limelight, yet he still maintains high level of secrecy and security when it comes to his miracles.

Donnie, I did a compilation of all your responses on this thread up till now (in chronological order). Please note how that there is'nt any reference to scriptures in any of them, yet you talk about the 'WORD', which word? Mr Chris Oyakhilome's I guess.

donnie on November 17, 2008, 05:59 PM:

I saw this thread from its very first page but refused to contribute as i have seen so much of such threads on nairaland since 2005. They havent changed a thing except of course for the many who have not tasted of that true annointing and power from on high. . . these (unfortunately) are made to think that that glory which we see the scriptures is unobtainable today.

That is the purpose of these theads. . .  to deny the power of God. it dosnt matter how religious they appear, they are not from the Spirit of God.
One thing i do when i hear an allegation such as this is to look at the life of the critics or accusers; for if their lives do not portray that power and glory as it should rightly be, i discard such allegations as thrash. . . null and void!

If not, how can you explain a christian trying tooth and nail to bring another down? My friends, that is evil, no matter how you look at it. Forget about whether the miracles are true of not, you and i know they are and have stood the test of time. Testimonies abound in Nigeria and all over the world to the glory of God. So now, what is  your purpose for this thread? Are those miracles too big for God to perform? Is it impossible or is it a sin to say to the lame 'rise and walk' and have him do just that? Are you trying to cast doubt on the testimonies of God or you are simply envious?

I know that at the healing school we have bed and stretchers to meet the needs of those  invalid who will need them as some  may not always travel distances with these things. Plus that, there are trained doctors and medical practitioners on hand to attend to the needs of these people. Tell me, is it strange to have wheel chairs and stretchers around in a place that attends to the needs of thousands of sick people?
Besides there are some who come, get healed and refuse to take their wheel chairs and crutches along with them. These could add to the number available for use at the healing school.

That will be too cheap and regretable a thing to do. We cannot even imagine such. It will suprise you, but i havent even bothered to look at the pictures. I know that some of these people are even carried on the back of someone to the healing school. I have worked there myself as a volunteer. I have led the sick by hand to their seats to hear the Word. . . and hearing these allegtions, i am close to tears, not of self pity but, i think i can hear what God is saying: don't worry my children, they have not said those things against you but against me. It will take a crooked mind to think up such falsehood. Dignitories, captains of industry, ministers of the gospel have all visited the healing school of CEC. To come up with stories such as this is to insult their intelligence.

I have by the grace of God commanded the healing power of God on behalf of some sick folk and seen instant results.
i even think it is much easier to command a miracle in Jesus name than to fake one. Those of us who have tasted that power from on high can tell you. It is freely given and is abundantly supplied as the Spirit wills. Once you are in his plan and purpose, anything is possible! You shall decree a thing and it shall be established.

To my fellow believers in Christ, those of you who have something to loose if you speak profanity, be strong and courageous, do not be afraid of their revellings for they are bread for us. Only let your converstaion be as becometh saints so that when they speak of you as evil doers, they will be liars.

donnie on: November 17, 2008, 06:35 PM :

Point of correction; by the grace of God i am a skilled professional, working an 8hr job in one of the largest mobile phone companies in the world.

I have too much rank for that. How many of those ministers of God have you approached for medical reports? I am certain if u approach the healing school the right way, u'd get quite a lot as one of the compulsory requirements for registering at the healing school is a provision of a medical report.

I repeat, this thread is not from the Spirit of Christ

donnie on: November 26, 2008, 12:14 AM :

Welcome bro'

donnie on: November 26, 2008, 11:18 PM :

@Vicade
Look at you. . . christian. . . attempting to compare pastors with pastors. please learn to stick to God's word and not hearsay then you will not be speaking in such a confused manner. Yes, members of CEC love their pastor  but know the Lord and understand what He expects of them.

That is why you do not hear things like: The God of pastor chris or the God of Christembassy like is common among you. I remember a certain convention years ago where a lady  who was healed came testifying saying: 'I thank the God of Christ Embassy. . . ' It caused no  small erruption of laughter. She wasnt rebuked though, but we recognized that she hasnt been with us but was from among your group of penticostals.

And you are proud to say you do not answer to or believe in anyone (including your pastor and God i guess).

If you have come in contact with any true CEC member, their trust and confidence in the efficacy of God's Word is unmistakable, hence the mighty  exploits they do all around the Word through the power of his name

Talking about the blind girl recognizing colours, you probably read that up from some soft-sell magazine or some junk write-up. That miracle was aired on TV but not on a christembassy program.

However tell me, is it to much for the God who gave a donkey intelligence to speak, rebuking the erring prophet, to give a man intelligence to recognize colours? If you can't believe it, i do! It may be too much for your God but not for my Jesus.

That is too little a miracle for my God to do. if he could open the girl's blind eye, is it too much to give her intelligence to recognize colours?

I have seen one who was born deaf and dumb begin to speak intelligently, answering questions  by the power of God. Common, we are talking about the God who divided the red sea and held it up until over 6 million jews went through.

You are so funny, so bc it happened to your friend and @ RCCG which is probably your church, the miracle is genuine? Well you talk about 1 egg being replaced, i have seen a little boy who from birth had no balls (with doctors report to attest to the fact) having his 2 balls appear in between his legs during a CEC meeting.

My dear, all  such  comparison is childish and not helpful. My advice: STICK TO THE WORD

donnie on: November 26, 2008, 11:39 PM :

donnie on: Yesterday at 11:26:17 AM :

That you attend CEC on sunday is no guaranty that the Word is in you. Afterall, we see here someone who attended the healing school with a totally different motive. I notice you said you 'attend'; but are you a member there? Are you involved in what is going on there or you just attend?

I don't want to be the one to correct you on this your 'i don't answer to any pastor' talk. I will rather wait for you new friends to do so. If they don't, maybe for the sake of love, i will show you from scripture where you err because you do not wake up one day and decide to belong to a certain church. It is God who leads you there and causes you to be established and grow in that place.

I have observed that it is only the first category that has permenent members.

The last two are tossed to and fro and this is what i mean: They first start out by saying, 'the miracles are not real. . . they are stage managed'. Then if they are granted the opportunity of witnessing first-hand the power of God, they shift camp saying, 'hmmm  it's majic, it's the devil's power!'
The smart ones don't take any position at all but ensure that by watever means, they fulfil their evil intentions on casting doubt on God's annointed, no matter what it takes.

Chai! human beings.

donnie on: Today at 09:01:59 AM :

Anybody can quote Logos. You talk about descerning of Spirits. What do you use to discern?. . .  are you sure it is the gift in operation and not your mind?
why have you not been able to discern whether or not you have the Holy Spirit's backing in this your endeavour?

OK let me ask you, since you have discerned, to which group do you belong? 2 or 3? because from what i see, you havent taken  a stand on either. Like what i explained before, you started out talking about discernment, implying that the Siprit could be of the devil abi? Then you went ahead to call for independent investigation into the working of miracles thereby leaving room for doubt that they ever occured. My dear, i put it to you that you have discerned nothing, but like your unbeliever friends, you are merely dancing to the tune of the one who ws cast down from heaven.

It is not my responsibility to criticize and accuse others. I am not wiser than Jesus who said he will build His church and the gates of hell will not prevail. So I leave the accusatin for the devil and his kids.

Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by Pepeye(f): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2008
John you basically made no point!! Where is your teaming loyalist david? To help u out!!
It isn’t about inserting someone else’s quotes all over that u make a point, u get me?
Re: The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School by SisiJinx: 3:21am On Nov 29, 2008
How can you say he makes no point when you made no attempt to read his posts?

I think the day Christian start defending Christ in the same manner they defend their pastors and churches is the day we start getting somewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (93) (Reply)

Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"- / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.