Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,192 members, 7,860,266 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. (5504 Views)

Bilikisu-Yusuf, Nigerian Journalist Dies In The Hajj Stampede / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by lyvin: 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Common sense is not common at all. One Rev King in Lagos Niaja was flogging members of his congregation at one point yet pple continued going there 4 miracle until ... we know d remaining story and hw it ended.
TBJ should reserve all video and other evidence till d day abeg

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by lyvin: 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Common sense is not common at all. One Rev King in Lagos Niaja was flogging members of his congregation at one point yet pple continued going there 4 miracle until ... we know d remaining story and hw it ended.
TBJ should reserve all video and other evidence till d day abeg

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Joagbaje(m): 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
What simple proof do the critics have against him? None. They said the structure wasn't approved but the church provided document it was approved . What else. Going through through the rubbles to confirm the strength of the foundation ? Fine . Have they found the foundation faulty? So let every one keep quiet until evidence prove otherwise. Meanwhile it's amusing that till now there's no official response on the aircraft which flew round that building about 5 times at a strange low altitude before the collapse. If it's a daily routine flight at least someone shook clear the are . If it's on a special mission ,someone should still clear the air. But till now is it not strange no one is claimin responsibility. The FAA is supposed to have details of crafts that are airborne . What's their response? Why are people blaiming tb . He still did the best to provide a lead with little information he has. What has critics and authorities done? . Nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by queencalipso(f): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
brainwashed fool! You can't even spell properly,i wonder what people like you would have been saying if your family members were among the victims
. No need for insult sweet heart all u need to do is counter his claim with solid evidence then u will be making sence. And by the way about my spelling, am not writting english exam so no need to spell in full wht is important is that u comprehend wht I wrote. Peace
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by femicyrus(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
andyanders:
God will always see Prophet T.B.Joshua through. No matter what he is passing through now, it is a way to strengthen him. He has done a lot for this nation and has helped all categories of human beings all over the world but this is just a text and He who sent him will see him overcome this trial
So who sent him? You call loss of lifes a mere trial of another man? Haba! What if he used them for sacrifice? Or you think it is not a possibility?

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
dp
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
The Bible is the ONLY complete book i know, see what is written ;
Luke 6:26 "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."
Mark 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
so i am never surprised .
The South Africans are even still praying for him,while some haters in Nigeria are crying more than the bereaved,

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by 1mindchrisr(f): 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
AdeniyiA:
The Bible is the ONLY complete book i know, see what is written ;

so i am never surprised .
The South Africans are even still praying for him,while some haters in Nigeria are crying more than the bereaved,

praying for him? do u take time to read international news or at least follow d ones specially abt d scoan collapsed building

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by BodyKiss(m): 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
This piece is definitely from one of the 750k beneficiaries. Very laughable.

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by femicyrus(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
A seer like him should tell us what happen like he do watch football matches before kickoff
Joagbaje:
[color=#770077][/color]

What simple proof do the critics have against him? None. They said the structure wasn't approved but the church provided document it was approved . What else. Going through through the rubbles to confirm the strength of the foundation ? Fine . Have they found the foundation faulty? So let every one keep quiet until evidence prove otherwise. Meanwhile it's amusing that till now there's no official response on the aircraft which flew round that building about 5 times at a strange low altitude before the collapse. If it's a daily routine flight at least someone shook clear the are . If it's on a special mission ,someone should still clear the air. But till now is it not strange no one is claimin responsibility. The FAA is supposed to have details of crafts that are airborne . What's their response? Why are people blaiming tb . He still did the best to provide a lead with little information he has. What has critics and authorities done? . Nothing

2 Likes

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Image123(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
It's quite simple. Did SCOAN build a five or six storey on a two storey foundation?

2 Likes

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Kay17: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:
It is worrying that TBJ is the only one trying to provide explanations and evidence to back his claims while those who are busy accusing him, base their attacks on silly emotional rants. It's high time the opposition stopped the ranting and provide us with solid evidence to prove TBJ wrong.

Such evidence is best provided in a law court.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Kay17: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
AdeniyiA:

The can't i tell you, it's beyond them.
Their publications are just figment of their imagination, unfounded, unverified and unproven. Investigative journalism is lacking in Nigeria, they are just after money through quick sales undecided
Even Nairaland as a forum hardly puts anything that exonerate TB Joshua or tell the good things happening in the Synagogue on front page. the reason?, Bad news sell faster, travels faster, brings in more money and attracts more traffic than good and uplifting ones.
Not their fault though, it's just what the society wants, check out the music industry how meaningful songs are being relegated to the background and sacrificed on the altar of meaningless ones undecided

And where is the evidence for the explosives?

The laws of physics visibly acted and on its own sufficient proof. Buildings ordinarily do not collapse as a matter of course. Structural defects in buildings are always the cause for collapse. The publications are not unfounded nor unproven, the building collapsed and the only plausible explanation is a structural defect in the building. To claim it was a demolition job is a long stretch and very absurd. It is equivalent to insulting the intelligence of the audience.

5 Likes

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2014
Kay17:

Such evidence is best provided in a law court.

How does one charge another to court without evidence?
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by AdeniyiA(m): 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Kay17:

And where is the evidence for the explosives?

The laws of physics visibly acted and on its own sufficient proof. Buildings ordinarily do not collapse as a matter of course. Structural defects in buildings are always the cause for collapse. The publications are not unfounded nor unproven, the building collapsed and the only plausible explanation is a structural defect in the building. To claim it was a demolition job is a long stretch and very absurd. It is equivalent to insulting the intelligence of the audience.
Mr Kay, i know a bit about structural defects and it eventualities, if it was, it couldn't have brought down the building like this completely . There was definitely an external remote

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Image123(m): 12:25am On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

Mr Kay, i know a bit about structural defects and it eventualities, if it was, it couldn't have brought down the building like this completely . There was definitely an external remote

Did Scoan build a five or six storey on a two storey foundation?
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Weah96: 12:40am On Oct 09, 2014
So someone took the time to blow up the building in a controlled manner?

This pastor is too greedy. Pay the victims and their families, my brother.

Whether the building exploded or not is unimportant. The building belonged to him and its his responsibility to keep it secured.

Let him sue the FG, but pay the victims.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Kay17: 12:53am On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

Where are the explosive remnants??

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by AdeniyiA(m): 3:16am On Oct 09, 2014
Kay17:

Where are the explosive remnants??
You could have at least wait for investigation to be rounded off before jumping into conclusion based on unverified reports or observation, would you love it if someone judges you from afar?
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by AdeniyiA(m): 3:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Image123:

Did you ever read it that approval was obtained for 12 storeys and the foundations /reinforcement /iron bars prove that?
come on, isn't it obvious that we're too judgmental in Nigeria without any shred of proven evidence to back it up and most times these are propelled by our hidden &unprovoked hatred ? You can't believe all news on paper, most are guessed, insinuated and unsubstantiated
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Image123(m): 3:52am On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

Did you ever read it that approval was obtained for 12 storeys and the foundations /reinforcement /iron bars prove that?
come on, isn't it obvious that we're too judgmental in Nigeria without any shred of proven evidence to back it up and most times these are propelled by our hidden &unprovoked hatred ? You can't believe all news on paper, most are guessed, insinuated and unsubstantiated

It was a question i asked and you didn't answer it. It's not time for sensationalism and autosuggestion.
Did SCOAN build a five or six storey building on a two storey foundation? Answers would sound something like, NO they didn't- YES they did but- I don't know.
Please answer.

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by AdeniyiA(m): 4:14am On Oct 09, 2014
Image123:

It was a question i asked and you didn't answer it. It's not time for sensationalism and autosuggestion.
Did SCOAN build a five or six storey building on a two storey foundation? Answers would sound something like, NO they didn't- YES they did but- I don't know.
Please answer.
your straight answer does not work.
i gave you a factual answer which you need to deduce. it requires a simple comprehension.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by queencalipso(f): 6:20am On Oct 09, 2014
Image123:

Did they have permission for 12 story building or not? Some one. Gave you a factual answer and here you are looking for a yes or no because of your hate for the man. U just can't accept the fact that the man u so much wish death is not likely to be killed because he is innocent.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by queencalipso(f): 6:24am On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

i gave you a factual answer which you need to deduce. it requires a simple comprehension.
He actually comprehed you he just can't accept the fact because it will be too painful for him.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Image123(m): 7:16am On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

My straight answer? It's not my answer, it's simply the answer. Beating about the bush implies there might actually be something you're trying to hide afterall. What is the factual answer you gave? Anything can be deduced from insinuations. Your post was a group of questions and excuses. Questions and excuses aren't what is required.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Image123(m): 7:25am On Oct 09, 2014
queencalipso:

Did they have permission for 12 story building or not? Some one. Gave you a factual answer and here you are looking for a yes or no because of your hate for the man. U just can't accept the fact that the man u so much wish death is not likely to be killed because he is innocent.

I don't know if they had permit for 12 storey building. i don't worship there and i don't work there. Having permit to build 12storey building is not an excuse for building 5/6 storey on 2storey foundation if that is what was done. Adeniyi seemed to be speaking on their behalf and may perhaps know more about them. That is why i asked him. What i heard was that the building that collapsed was on a two storey foundation. i was hoping to verify from Adeniyi if that was false or true. i don't hate any man not to talk of wish any man dead. Calm down and stop being emotional.

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Kay17: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

You could have at least wait for investigation to be rounded off before jumping into conclusion based on unverified reports or observation, would you love it if someone judges you from afar?

For you to be convinced it was a demolition, the clearest evidence is explosives remnants. Yet you have none! Since you have no evidence, the natural presumption that buildings do not collapse as a matter of course except for structual defects, remains.

4 Likes

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by queencalipso(f): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2014
[quote author=Image123 post=26986508]

I don't know if they had permit for 12 storey building. i don't worship there and i don't work there. Having permit to build 12storey building is not an excuse for building 5/6 storey on 2storey foundation if that is what was done. Adeniyi seemed to be speaking on their behalf and may perhaps know more about them. That is why i asked him. What i heard was that the building that collapsed was on a two storey foundation. i was hoping to verify from Adeniyi if that was false or true. i don't hate any man not to talk of wish any man dead. Calm down and stop being emotional.[/quote

Honey am not beinng emotional okey, sentiments aside just take your time and watch the CCTV footage provided by the SCOAN a building can not just go down like that as a result of structural defect. Watch it and also watch other controlled demolition. Then u can tell me the difference.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by AdeniyiA(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
Kay17:

For you to be convinced it was a demolition, the clearest evidence is explosives remnants. Yet you have none! Since you have no evidence, the natural presumption that buildings do not collapse as a matter of course except for structual defects, remains.
Did you ever ask if structural defects could bring down such a massive structure completely?
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by dorox(m): 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

Did you ever ask if structural defects could bring down such a massive structure completely?
What makes you think that structural defect cannot completely bring down a structure of that size?

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by dorox(m): 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

The bolded is not true, it is a well known fact that structural overload/defective construction/ design can sometimes lead to the complete pancake collapse of a building.
You should read a bit about failure modes of none ductile designs before you make a sweeping statement like the one above.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Puts Journalist & Critics To Shame. by Kay17: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:

Do I have to ask? Do you have to ask where your left and right hands are?! That was a useless question you asked.

A building on an insufficient foundation will completely crash down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Many Children Of God Are Poor / Religious Extremism And Intolerance In Kano: 9 People Sentenced To Death In Kano / Why You Need To Avoid Deliverance Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.