Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old (37475 Views)

My Dog Attacked Me / Police Parade Dogs That Attacked Four-year-old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
BlissB:
Dogs r myyyyyyyyyyyyy worst nightmare,i detest those creatures wit passion.up to puppy sef i dy fear dem....pple wil nt jst listen wen they r tld dat dis creatures r killers,stil they wil b accomodatin dem as pet...dis reminds me of my neighbour dat has one mighty dog named Black in his compound,d dog nor won knw wetin u dy find for d gate of d compound or u dy waka pass sef,na so e go run jack d gate con even hold am join dy bark craze from ur head....cos of dat dog i had 2 stop visitin my frnds in dat compound...was happy wen d dog attacked its owner n bit his big toe n was goin 4 d penis wen they rescued him...nor b e clear eye e go take kill d dog throwe..jst hope dat baby boy gets well soon
. LOL! I hope same happens to this Mr Stanley who is obviously stubborn and wicked.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by clemz88(m): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
I feel so sorry for d kid. cry get well soon dear.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by GovWahala: 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
texazzpete:

You are a shameless liar and an insensitive m0r0n.
Try fighting off a fully grown pitbull at age 7. You think it's the likes of those local underfed mongrels that you grew up with?

Accusing a terrified 7 year old child of cowardice is a whole new low, and you and the 7 dolts that 'liked' your post should be ashamed of yourselves.
I was expecting more goat brains to still quote me and talk trash. U are telling me that at 13 u will watch a dog maim ur junior without reacting right? U are a total fool and a big disgrace. Leave the brothers out if now what of the 7 policemen that watched and did nothing? Dumbskull.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by san316(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
hunkydory:

You are right to call them cowards.Are there no men among the onlookers that two ferocious dogs drag a human being and a little boy for that matter,for one and half hour?They were all busy shouting like women.The life of a dog is worthless compared to a human being.If one brave man had confronted the dogs with a sharp cutlass,with an intent to kill them if need be,the boy would have been saved earlier without harm.All the men that stood there watching should be ashamed of themselves.
Seriously, it's annoying. It wlda being a different case if there was no one. But these dogs were feasting on a little boy and nobody had d courage, even out of reflex, to do something until the brave mum came. No wonder the respondents were pleading anonymity.

4 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
Both aren't full breed

One is Rottweiler/Dobberman

D other one is Alsatian/Ahdonknowgrin
IyfeNamikaze:

what's their breed?
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by eldoradoxx: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
Owing dogs is only necessary when you have a compound to yourself alone and it is well fenced and enclosed. Anything outside this is very bad. Ordinarily for a person to ownn pets like dogs, he needs to procure license from Animal Control Unit. I was going through the laws of Abuja the other day and I discovered it is there but nobody is enforcing it. One importance of insisting on license is that before it is granted, the officers will come and inspect the place the applicant intends to keep the dog to ensure that it does not endanger the lives of others. I have also observed that we need legislative intervention to regulate this uncontrolled cross breeding of some pets especially dogs. Rottweiler and other species of dangerous dogs should be banned as pets.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Eveezy(m): 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
First tin first d owner has all d blame Hw culd he leave 3 ferocious dogs off leash in d afternoon being fully aware that he had tenants There is no such tin as a bad dog, bt dere is a bad owner cos only an owner culd make d dog ferocious,Nd abt d kids, kids ve been known to be a prey to most ferocious dogs because of their inability to knw d right tinz to do, All dogs that are cautious nd security allert wuld chase anitin that moves fastly in front of dem,It is their prey drive being activated,Nd it won't rest until it catches d prey except if d dog is restrained,Wen dogs catches any fast moving object, dey hardly do anitin to it until d prey strugles,So am quite sure wen d dog caught up wit d prey which is d kid in dis situation, he tried strugling nd d dog decided to render d prey motionless,Nd as for d police, dnt dey ve guns? Y would seven policeman fear 3 dogs, I personally would challenge dose 3 dogs if it involves a human live, no matter hw ferocious dey re, wen fightin dogs, avoid d head nd hit d stomach it mks dem loose focus, dogs would normally chase a pprey until it seems unrecheable, If u ve dogs in ur compound u wuld notice dat d ones dt ve high prey drive wuld chase lizards to any length until d lizard climbs d wall, nd even at dat, dey wuld attempt jumping until dey realize it is unrecheable,Feelling rily bad for d little boy,He did jst wat his instinct told him to do,To face a ferocious dog, u mst try to be calm nd ve confidence no matter hw d situation may be, anyways, he is jst a kid,D owner of dose dogs ehn, I dey feel lyk say mk I flog dem koboko. Cmon y keep dogs in a compound wit tenants, its nt posible for everyone to love dogs,I ve always bin a dog lover, wen I used to stay in a house wit tenants, I got myself a pet dog which lived insyd my house, derez no nid for security, nd despite hw harmless d dog was, people still complained nd I did no arguments cos u shuld also consider oda people wen taking decisions, I sold d dog immediately, I eventually moved into a house without tenants nd nw am free to ve as many dogs as I can, all blames goes to d owners

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by PastorOluT(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
Adults (even with police) watch as the child was been eaten by the dogs for more than an hour n could do nothing?

Oh what a country, if it was to beat n burn someone (sometimes innocent victims) to ashes u see them with sticks, stones, petrol etc n in less than 30 minutes the deed has been done.

I am so sad n don't even know what to type again, God help our mentality.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by lastpage: 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
fursh:
Aggressive dogs should either be chained or kept in a cage. One just can't let loose fierce dogs in a compound filled with other people, restricting others of their freedom. Some peeps just don't know the difference between having a pet and a security dog.

Sad story, I pray omo scale through this soon. Amen

Look its simple: If yo decide to keep those type of breed of Dogs, you have to be responsible for any act or danger they cause!

First, any Dog that attacks and injures a human being is no longer a "friend of man", THEY MUST BE KILLED (SHOT OR INJECTED).
Those Dogs, having tasted BLOOD, will never stop loving that taste of blood and will kill other humans in no time.

Secondly, that Kingsley should be charged to court for endangering public life and keep dangerous animals causing grievous bodily harm to those children.
He should be sentenced to at least five years in prison with hard labor (yes, he was warned but he chose to be unconcerned about putting other people in danger... Now look how he has ruined the life of a little boy!).
Let his case be a lesson to others who act with such impunity.
I have seen where people like him use Dangerous Dogs to intimidate other neighbours, its a "Gangster Culture" and must be stamped out mercilessly.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by boombay(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nicepoker:
even at this age i'm still 5tupid.
nicegrin
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Eveezy(m): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Keneking:
After reading this post, I conclude that Jonathan must go next year.
This government sef embarassed
Bt nawa u oooo, hw government take connect to dog wen chop pikin, haba na, fyn government no dey try, bt na everything be government fault? Abeg leave dt guy Jonathan alone ooo, d guy dey do wetin him feel say him fit do, hw him frm aso rock go take stp dog wen no be human frm choping pikin

1 Like

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by lastpage: 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
PastorOluT:
Adults (even with police) watch as the child was been eaten by the dogs for more than an hour n could do nothing?

Oh what a country, if it was to beat n burn someone (sometimes innocent victims) to ashes u see them with sticks, stones, petrol etc n in less than 30 minutes the deed has been done.

I am so sad n don't even know what to type again, God help our mentality.

That part tire me ooh!

I cant beleive no one in that area has a matchette or use a knife to attack the Dogs!

Shame on MEN, bigger shame on the POLICE in that event.
Or is it that we are so selfish to the point where we are reiuctant to risk our own wellbeing for the safety of a liitle boy?

No, this is a new low for us, really.

Lastpage!

Thank God l was not there, l know l cant stand around and watch such things without endangering myself.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Shoot those dogs n seriosly..
#NO TO DOG JANJAWEIEDISM.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
Both aren't full breed

One is Rottweiler/Dobberman

D other one is Alsatian/Ahdonknowgrin

Lol... we hve 3 dogs

a Rottweiler /Alsatian hybrid, a pure breed Alsatian and one mysterious dog like that... we call him general anineh. the commander in chief of defense and security.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by tochman(m): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
That's why i prefer bingo. Bingo can never do this to anyone
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by masqot(m): 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
It's just a pity the havoc the owner of those dogs has caused despite prior warning. I wonder why he unleashed fierce security dogs a shared compound. That might be unforgivable. As much as I love dogs, I want pet and not wild animals.
Moreover, kids are in that environment. For more than 1 hour, he (the owner) was not available to tame his wild animals.
Anyway, may God give that boy a speedy recovery so that the parents will be consoled.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by richyfunky(m): 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
YorubaJesus:
What breed of dogs is it, Mr Stanley abeg when ur dog born, I want to buy two.
Lol .......U funny die
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by 007gal(f): 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
We simply have no heros in Nigeria everybody will rather save their flesh than watch a child die in horror.

I love Dogs. I am a dog-person. I hate cats.. well simplybecuase of an awful experience with cats. Having said that, Dogs are actually one of the best friends humans could have. The owner should be arrested really because those dogs were apparently trained too, ATTACK humans . They were not even trained properly. A trained dog will act on hearing his master's instruction. But I guess instincts in them made the Dogs act that way. Dogs love a good chase. when they see one, they go for it but not with the intention to hurt others so those dogs were trained to do one thing- ATTACK

There are also different species of Dogs. What I dont understand is why most naija guys like the ones that grows big and scary. They make them what they are.. to be hateful.

We used to have a family dog and I remember vividly how he used to protect the baby in the house as if it's his child. Everybody testifies to his protective nature. He doesn't bite anybody in our neighbourhood and he is never on chain. He comes running whenever he hears the last born ( then a baby) if he hears him as much as whimpers or cries while playing. He comes and bark to scare whoever or whatever made him cry. Always by his side. He was family to us. We all loved him till he died. He was very faithful.We all cried when he died.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by 007gal(f): 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
We simply have no heros in Nigeria everybody will rather save their flesh than watch a child die in horror.

I love Dogs. I am a dog-person. I hate cats.. well simplybecuase of an awful experience with cats. Having said that, Dogs are actually one of the best friends humans could have. The owner should be arrested really because those dogs were apparently trained too, ATTACK humans . They were not even trained properly. A trained dog will act on hearing his master's instruction. But I guess instincts in them made the Dogs act that way. Dogs love a good chase. when they see one, they go for it but not with the intention to hurt others so those dogs were trained to do one thing- ATTACK

There are also different species of Dogs. What I dont understand is why most naija guys like the ones that grows big and scary. They make them what they are.. to be hateful.

We used to have a family dog and I remember vividly how he used to protect the baby in the house as if it's his child. Everybody testifies to his protective nature. He doesn't bite anybody in our neighbourhood and he is never on chain. He comes running whenever he hears the last born ( then a baby) if he hears him as much as whimpers or cries while playing. He comes and bark to scare whoever or whatever made him cry. Always by his side. He was family to us. We all loved him till he died. He was very faithful.We all cried when he died.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by PastorOluT(m): 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
lastpage:

That part tire me ooh!

I cant beleive no one in that area has a matchette or use a knife to attack the Dogs!

Shame on MEN, bigger shame on the POLICE in that event.
Or is it that we are so selfish to the point where we are reiuctant to risk our own wellbeing for the safety of a liitle boy?

No, this is a new low for us, really.

Lastpage!

Thank God l was not there, l know l cant stand around and watch such things without endangering myself.

I would have even gone in with nothing in my hands, it was said the mother went in despite protest n the dog later ran when they see they couldn't do much against her. That is will power n love which beats every form fear.

Sincerely till now i am yet to process that part!
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by GogetterMD(m): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

Lol... we hve 3 dogs

a Rottweiler /Alsatian hybrid, a pure breed Alsatian and one mysterious dog like that... we call him general anineh. the commander in chief of defense and security.
Post their pictures pls wink
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
cheesy cheesy

U try o!Itz not easy on the pocket my broda.Dogs dey get their own feeding budget embarassed
IyfeNamikaze:

Lol... we hve 3 dogs

a Rottweiler /Alsatian hybrid, a pure breed Alsatian and one mysterious dog like that... we call him general anineh. the commander in chief of defense,security and defense against dark art

1 Like

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
Man's best friend smiley...I would av cried too

cry cry
007gal:

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by buske(m): 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
GovWahala:
This is horrible! I feel for the boy.
But his elder brothers are cowards, at 7 or above I terrorize dogs already, except if the dogs are not ordinary dogs, if not a dog to follow me into my compound makes it dead talk more of inside my house that dog will be terribly bruised, and in their case it's not just one person.
Those police men need to be locked up, haba seven of you and u could not stop two dog because they were growling? I'm so angry men.

Just imagine.. Everybody stood and watched! That part pains me the most
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by silversonuc(m): 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
GovWahala:
This is horrible! I feel for the boy.
But his elder brothers are cowards, at 7 or above I terrorize dogs already, except if the dogs are not ordinary dogs, if not a dog to follow me into my compound makes it dead talk more of inside my house that dog will be terribly bruised, and in their case it's not just one person.
Those police men need to be locked up, haba seven of you and u could not stop two dog because they were growling? I'm so angry men.

bros if u c dog ehn, u go rephrase dat ya statement, am not tokin of bingos or jux our everyday alsatians, buh d onlookers bleeped up i must admit cos dia wia jux 2 dogs
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by silversonuc(m): 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
Wittywizard:
I wonder who is now lieing between the police boss and the mother of the affected child.. Pls, the news reported that the child mother went in and bounce on one of the dogs but now it was reported that the police boss said that they rescue the child... How many police man rescue the dogs.... Abeg, police is the most hated being on earth i have ever come across

nd who arrested d dogs since d policemen were scared to go close to d dogs
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Emary(f): 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
Pouring water on them would easily have deterred the attacking dogs. The owner should be blamed for not socializing the dogs properly. Not all dog breeds are friendly with children. Since they were reared to be aggressive,they should never have been allowed anywhere near children and should not have been loose in the daytime. Such avoidable tragedy. May God heal the children perfectly and grant them speedy recovery.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by GovWahala: 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
silversonuc:

bros if u c dog ehn, u go rephrase dat ya statement, am not tokin of bingos or jux our everyday alsatians, buh d onlookers bleeped up i must admit cos dia wia jux 2 dogs
Bro not in case of life and death, no matter how large and fearsome the dog looks. The police are the ones that are terribly annoying.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by GovWahala: 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
Emary:
Pouring water on them would easily have deterred the attacking dogs. The owner should be blamed for not socializing the dogs properly. Not all dog breeds are friendly with children. Since they were reared to be aggressive,they should never have been allowed anywhere near children and should not have been loose in the daytime. Such avoidable tragedy. May God heal the children perfectly and grant them speedy recovery.
Wow, nice coming from a lady, pouring water will definitely been an effort, and that's same thing I said, it was very wrong to have just been looking at the dogs without any attempt to scare them off.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by mentorandfriend(m): 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
This may sound harsh, but I enjoyed it. When we were small, one stupid neighbour in our estate then had a ferocious dog that keeps giving children injuries. The man was a bachelor. The dog bit me once. It hurt so bad that I wore bandage for many weeks. My father talked to him about chaining the dog, but he would not hear. As soon as I got well, I and my brother crossed the neighbourhood to his house and poisoned the dog. We used Carbide, one white stuff like that. The dog died miraculously after two days. No apologies nairalanders. I 'll gladly do it again today if I see an idiotic dog with an idiotic owner.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by chronique(m): 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
What's happening today,is that people are just buying dogs without knowing much about their breeds. Sometimes,you hear people brag about owning a pitbull or a tibetan mastiff or a blood hound. A tibetan mastiff can kill an adult leopard;that's how terrible that dog is. A pitbull can kill a large horse,donkey or carmel;it aims for the neck/jugular. It can condemn the joint of an adult male human once its lock jaws grabs any part of your joint and no matter how much you hit it,it won't release its jaws except you hit the head/nose with a very strong object. A pitbull is that strong. These are not the kind of dogs you keep around kids cos these dogs are territorial in nature and they tend to have a mind/will of their own. If they are not properly trained and subdued at puppy stage,they'd become uncontrollable once they are grown. If you must own such a dog,get them as puppies and allow your kids be in control of them. That way,they'd know they are to be dictated to and controlled.

It's a common fad among people now,to brag about owning wild dogs but most of them can't train them. I'm sure this is the kind of case we have here. Dogs are not bad;how you train them determines what you get from them. If you know you have your family members living with you,or you have neighbours,never keep wild dogs,no matter how freindly they are. It's just a disaster waiting to happen. Dog lovers and owners,need to be responsible for their dogs.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Inflicts Injury On Neighbour's Dog In Warri; Doctors Stitch The Dog (Graphic / The Adventures Of Boji, Istanbul’s Traveling Dog (Photos) / Guard Dog Prevents Armed Policeman From Jumping Into Compound (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.