Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian (7610 Views)

Buhari Stole N2.8 Billion As Oil Minister– Alison Madueke / Northern Leaders Stole More Than Diezani, Alamieyeseigha – Ijaw Youth Council / 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2014

**He stole $2.8b as Petroleum minister, Money found in his UK Bank.

**Overthrow Shagari to cover his looting in oil ministry.

**He locked up Nigerians who try to expose his stealing.

**OBJ scraped PTF over Buhari’s misappropriation of over N2.5 billion.

Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion (current value $68billion) that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company.

The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.

The attempt at civilian-to-civilian transition provided the fillip for mayhem at the time. The elections were marred by massive rigging because incumbent political office holders were refusing to slacken their stranglehold on Nigeria Plc., mortgaged as the leaders private property. On the 31st December, 1983, Buhari struck under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the presidential election results. Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers.

Buhari did not see any moral wrong in his conversion of our oil money into his personal use. Rather he railed at the press and what he described as the self-righteous sections of the country for making a big deal out of the issue. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Satire saved my neck at the time. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.

Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming.

On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure. Haruna Adamu, who was appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before finally consigning it to the dung heap, allegedly quickly pocketed one hundred million naira (N100million) of PTF’s money before operating table could be set up for him, thus forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down without further investigations. Buhari has been trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps to get a chance to shred the PTF documents?

http://newsnigerians..com/2012/08/exposed-buhari-stole-more-than-any.html?m=1
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IgboWorldForum/conversations/messages/231214

I expect all forms of insults (from followers who were born "post the era of these lootings"wink.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Beync(f): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
So true

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
Beync:
So true
cool

Beync? Where have you been?!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by abacus(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Acidosis:

I expect all forms of insults (from followers who were born "post the era of these lootings"wink.

Why expecting insults? We need discoveries like, it makes sense die.

It either brings the man Buhari down, if you can proof it or makes people respect him the more, if you don't have proof.

Take this from me, it's not good to lie against a good man.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by biafranqueen: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Usually the person who tells you I ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH is the biggest deceiver. His handing over the FG in a bloodless coup was because they promised to expose him if he did not. His Vice was the one doing his best to clean up Nigeria, while Buhari trampled the globe rubbing shoulders with Saudi Prince's.

Buhari is a traitor he should tell his Boko Boys to get out or Borno.

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Beync(f): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
Acidosis:

cool

Beync? Where have you been?!
I come around once in a while. Howdy? Hope u good

1 Like

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
abacus:

It either brings the man Buhari down, if you can proof it or makes people respect him the more, if you don't have proof.

I'm here to reveal hidden things smiley

This is the era of revelation. In this period, I will dig up ollllld nairaland threads. You know we can always deceive the people come 2015, and also try to refurbish old events.

Also in this era of revelation, I will dig up info from old journals and political science dissertations as far back as 1980.

How can Tinubu suddenly become a saint? The same Tinubu people like Tony Tetula insulted on the streets of Lagos? cheesy and someone suddenly want me to vote for the musician turned Politician under the Action Congress of Nigeria cheesy

I ayam seeing things!

It is take over time!!!

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by lakpalakpa: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
Very senseless and baseless post from the resident mumu of Nairaland.

Acid-diseased-brain can you provide any single proof for your inherently mendacious post??

angry angry

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Oklander: 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
Abeg, who get pin mouth Nokia charger, I want to charge my laptop with it.
Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
Beync:
I come around once in a while. Howdy? Hope u good
thats cool smiley I'm good here; your sist vicky finally ignored nairaland
Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by BlackTechnology: 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
" The best way to conceal evil is by clothing it with a holy garment. ". EasternLeopard

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by LFJ: 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Acidosis:

If u are saying the truth may God expose Buhari more and blessed you in multiple time. But if you are lying against him to tanish his image may God reserve for you a special place in hell fire.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
LFJ:

If u are saying the truth may God expose Buhari more and blessed you in multiple time. But if you are lying against him to tanish his image may God reserve for you a special place in hell fire.
ahahahah
As you can see; the words are in quote; i.e. [q u o t e] [/q u o t e]
Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by lakpalakpa: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
Acidosis:

This is the era of revelation. In this period, I will dig up ollllld nairaland threads. You know we can always deceive the people come 2015, and also try to refurbish old events.

You are only revealing the depth of your foolishness.

grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
lakpalakpa:

You are only revealing the depth of your foolishness.

grin grin grin
Okay

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by warripekin(m): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
I laugh when buhari diehards say he is corrupt free. In the last Presidential election, if u were in Zaria which happen to be his campaign headquarter, u need to see how they were sharing dollars. Where did the money come from. I am aware the abacha family stoped sponsoring his elections after he lost in 2007. Buhari like everyone one of them is corrupt. Till this day, he has no explainations for the disappearance of 2.8 billion USD in NNPC accounts when he was the petroleoum minister during Obasanjo's regime.The man hand no clean. Besides, I was in primary 2 when he was head of state and up till now he still wants to lead. E no go work for am.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by LFJ: 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
Acidosis:

ahahahah
As you can see; the words are in quote; i.e. [q u o t e] [/q u o t e]

Sorry, I don't know u are a reporter. Okay let me change my prayer. If you know that this is a lie but for ur hatred for this man u choose to spread this lie to destroy his image. The day u work hard to build your own image, may God give your enemy power to spread similar lie against u to destroy what u labored for.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by abacus(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Acidosis:

Also in this era of revelation, I will dig up info from old journals and political science dissertations as far back as 1980.

How can Tinubu suddenly become a saint? The same Tinubu people like Tony Tetula insulted on the streets of Lagos? cheesy and someone suddenly want me to vote for the musician turned Politician under the Action Congress of Nigeria cheesy

I ayam seeing things!

It is take over time!!!

I can see, you are really struggling to defend GEJ.. digging up old stuffs? I see your principal is facing bad press lately, SA things, Private jet saga.. In-fact one month one saga (scandal or corruption or petty stealing activities).

For Buhari, all these allegations never substantiate and they will never.

Buhari even asked you all to be fair on him, there is internet and we can research. Take the pain of looking into these allegation you will find out they are lies in the first place..

Even then his virtues never endeared him to the rump of the Nigerian media and by extension much of the Nigerian public. The source of this bad blood between the two dates back to his job as minister of petroleum. Under his charge the media circulated a story that 2.8 billion Naira of our oil revenue had gone missing. A judicial panel that looked into the case concluded that it was all rumour. In the end otherwise respectable Nigerians like the late Tai Solarin and Chief Gani Fawehinmi that had claimed Buhari was culpable could not prove their claims. Instead Solarin, for one, had to admit that it was a piece of gossip he picked up on a bus!

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2014
LFJ:

Sorry, I don't know u are a reporter. Okay let me change my prayer. If you know that this is a lie but for ur hatred for this man u choose to spread this lie to destroy his image. The day u work hard to build your own image, may God give your enemy power to spread similar lie against u to destroy what u labored for.

Oga stop throwing useless curses, this place is not your father's yard.

The day you work hard to build your own image, may God give your enemies power to spread (the hatred you show towards Goodluck) against u - to destroy all you've worked for in your entire life.

Whoever ban me will share in this curse. You ed. iots have been opening your useless mouths to throw insults on me ever since i opened a thread about Tinubu's attrocities.

Biko, I am insulting Buhari, not your father. Go and open your own thread and spill your feelings.

We all know GEJ is a man with a good heart. May his spirit curse his haters. buffons!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
LFJ:

For hating a man with a good heart like GEJ, may Satan roast your scrotum in the b.ottomless pit

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
Present
Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
Another attempted Propaganda but I will treat them one after the other.
1. As Military NNPC Chairman, a section of the media reported that $2.8b was missing from the coffers of NNPC while Buhari held sway. They had NO fact whatsoever, which GMB asked them to shed light on. Till today no one did. Not even his Successor IBB could.

2. Fela Kuti accused Buhari of "looting" the same $2.8b. He was arrested and was asked to substantiate, he said he saw it in a Newspaper. There is something called "LIBEL" in law. You can't just make libellous statement anyhow-except the other party decide not to press charges.

3. The PTF was probed by Obj, the same Obj after the probe publicly stated that General Buhari is the most honest and incorruptible public servant. In fact, obasanjo sought the advise of Buhari when he wanted to appoint a honest and credible person to head NAFDAC. GMB nominated Dora, the rest is history.

4. No money was traced to GMB account in whatever form. I challenge the OP to provide us evidence.

5. Politicians were jailed for corrupt practices. (I am ready to provide facts to support this).

6. It is on record that Buhari built his house with his military pension, his house is modest and so "low" in standard compared to any former public officer.

7. GMB did not participate in the 83' Coup. It was IBB, Mark, Danjuma, Abacha etc.

8. This is another propaganda gone bad and is Dead on Arrival. I wl be glad to have a public debate on this subject.

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by egift(m): 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
PDP fabricating madness since time "Imo River". Jonathan is an undisputed World Champion is Looting - Nobody is contesting with him.

That PDP Propaganda Coven is overheating does not change a thing.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
abacus:

it's not good to lie against a man with a good heart + insult him + call him derogatory names + insult his wife + his children + spread rumours just to tarnish his image.

This is not the time to form PITY for the old man. We all know Nigerians easily fall for "repentant" old men.

'How easy for Nigerians to forget history'. Even OBJ has suddenly turned a cheerful old man.

They spent their youthful years destroying the nation, and then at old age, they start canvassing for pity and votes.

May they (ALL) roast in HELL.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Pataki: 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
Another foolish foolish thread created by a PDP.

Buhari stole more than any other Nigerian, yet he is walking freely under the ediot who calls himself a President?

When the likes of FFK have been threatened by EFCC and has learnt to behave. So why can't the so-called man who stole more than any other Nigerian, not have been arrested by the clueless vindictive dunce we have as a president?

This OP must be having an acid corrosive blood flowing into his ediotic brain.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Acid-diseased-brain can you provide any single proof for your inherently mendacious post??

angry angry
don't mind that brainless jonathanian

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by abacus(m): 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
Acidosis:

it's not good to lie against a man with a good heart + insult him + call him derogatory names + insult his wife + his children + spread rumours just to tarnish his image.

This is not the time to form PITY for the old man. We all know Nigerians easily fall for "repentant" old men.

'How easy for Nigerians to forget history'. Even OBJ has suddenly turned a cheerful old man.

They spent their youthful years destroying the nation, and then at old age, they start canvassing for pity and votes.

May they (ALL) roast in HELL.

Like you didn't get my point.

For those you posted about GMB, you are a LIAR.

For OBJ, IMHO, I think OBJ was able to handle well EVERYTHING your principal, GEJ failed to handle right. Though OBJ has his shortcoming too, like GMB, you and I.

GEJ emergence is based on sentiments and its killing us. So many sentiments.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by candidbabe(f): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Acidosis:

http://newsnigerians..com/2012/08/exposed-buhari-stole-more-than-any.html?m=1
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IgboWorldForum/conversations/messages/231214

And this is the man that want to rule Nigeria ,Never

GEJ TILL 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
lakpalakpa:

angry angry

Instead of countering the facts presented against your false messiah, you went on a rampage insulting the OP

Useless shilling janjawiid

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
barcanista:
don't mind that brainless jonathanian

And what name will suit your ilk?

Rampaging shilling monkeys

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by ayukdaboss(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
abacus:

You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian by ayukdaboss(m): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

Instead of countering the facts presented against your false messiah, you went on a rampage insulting the OP

Useless shilling janjawiid
I wonder if you read barcanista's post above where he countered all the lies put up by the OP before coming here to insult people. I can't understand why some of you are filled with so much bitterness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains / A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland / Abia Bye-Election: Ikpeazu Restricts Movement In Aba North, Aba South LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.