Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts (28368 Views)

Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion / Ike Uche In Tears After Scoring ! / Ike Uche Back In Training! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by babybos(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
If mountain will not come to Mohammed let Mohammed go to the mountain . Let Ike report to Eagle camp snd let see if they will lock the gate against him. Nigerian press do lot of damage

The Nigeria coach has accused the Villareal man of turning down the opportunity to play for his
country and would never be invited again

Nigeria interim coach Stephen Keshi has told journalists to stop asking the reason for the
absence of striker Ikechukwu Uche from his team as he disclosed that the Villareal man turned
down an opportunity to return last month.

Keshi said that he would never beg Uche to play for the Super Eagles in a very comprehensive
explanation regarding the shut out of the player at a media parley on Wednesday. Uche had been
ignored since the end of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations which Nigeria won.

With his top form in Spain, he had been expected to make the squad to the World Cup but was
again overlooked while Keshi took along strikers in poorer form. The issue of Uche's recall came
up last month when Keshi announced his team to take on Congo and South Africa without the
Yellow Submarine man, who took to Twitter to deny asking to be begged to play for his country.
Today, Keshi opened up on the issue extensively.

“I don’t want to talk about the issue of Ikechukwu Uche again and I don’t want anybody to ask
me about him again,” Keshi said while responding to a journalist’s question.

“Before [last month’s] game against Congo, I did the list. I didn’t even want to do the list because
I never knew I would come back to handle the team. I told them I am not the coach that [the
NFF] should do the list but they said no, I should please do the list.

“I did the list and Ikechukwu Uche’s name was on the 25 man list I did. He (Ike Uche) didn’t even
know about it because I did not tell him. Uche then called me four days later and said “Coach
how are you? and I said boy it is good to hear your voice.” We just spoke like brothers and that
was it.

“I then told [Team] Secretary, Dayo Enebi, to ask if the players have South African visas and the
ones that don’t have he should take their passports ahead of time to process their visas.

“He then asked Ikechukwu Uche and Uche said why is he asking him and why was he asking for
his international passport.

“I hate to speak without Uche not being here or if you want to call him put him on speaker to
know who is telling lies or not. And please nobody should ask me about Uche again.

“Uche said he needs somebody to talk to him about something they said about him as being a
bad kid and they said he did something wrong.

“Then I said okay [Dayo Enebi] take his name out. I am not going to beg Uche and I am not
going to tell Daniel [Amokachi] to beg Uche, for what?

“We have played for this country for over 20 years and nobody ever begged us to play for the
country. We are the ones always begging to play.

"So please let this be the end today. Don’t ask me about Uche. We have Obafemi Martins and
others (doing well) and nobody is making fuss about not being invited.

“What is wrong with him? Why do people want to tear this team apart,” Keshi queried.

The Super Eagles are without the injured pair of Victor Moses and Michael Babatunde as they
head to Khartoum. Nigeria face a must-win pair of matches against Sudan if they hope to qualify
to defend their African title in Morocco next year.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4687/2015-afcon-qualification/2014/10/08/5167703/i-am-done-with-ike-uche-keshi-blasts?ICID=HP_BN_1[/quote]
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by sunitex(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
please let Stephen keshi change is mind and call Ik Uche again
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by lusciouslex: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I guess, with your knowledge of football, you are fit enough to coach Liverpool? Hence it is just tactics, strategy and workout.

It takes time and experience to reach coach Keshi's level.

First he was a successful footballer and worked with lots of different top coaches. He has been able to see cause and effect of different strategies and tactics over the years.

He grew as a coach. I remember Coach Keshi an under 17 coach learning his craft.

Also Aime Jacquet of France dropped Eric Cantona, David Ginola, Ibrahim Ba and put Keeper Bernard Lama on the bench.

Guardiola dropped Deco, Ronaldinho, Guily. This is not the first time a coach dropped players because of attitude.

Mancini dropped Given, Bellamy, Petrov, Adebayor and still won the Fa Cup and Premier League. Uche is not the first.
Clearly, you don't know what 'overhaul' means. Ginola and Cantona's exclusion... Do you even know when these guys retired? France failed to qualify for USA 94 or is it 1998, Euro 2000? Please, know your football because I used to be a big fan of ESPN Classic. You earlier mentioned Tevez(Calito) exclusion from Argentina's squad to Brazil. Believe it or not, @ some point in the final match when it seemed there was no one to score, they wished he was in the team. If we've a prolific Marksman in Uche, it would be ideal to make used of him while waiting for some one better to take over instead of embarking on an unnecessary experimentation.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Smooyis(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Am afraid Nigeria may not qualify for the next Afcon. And that may be the end of Keshi's reign as super eagles coach. The handwriting is clearly written on the wall.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
lusciouslex:
Clearly, you don't know what 'overhaul' means. Ginola and Cantona's exclusion... Do you even know when these guys retired? France failed to qualify for USA 94 or is it 1998, Euro 2000? Please, know your football because I used to be a big fan of ESPN Classic. You earlier mentioned Tevez(Calito) exclusion from Argentina's squad to Brazil. Believe it or not, @ some point in the final match when it seemed there was no one to score, they wished he was in the team. If we've a prolific Marksman in Uche, it would be ideal to make used of him while waiting for some one better to take over instead of embarking on an unnecessary experimentation.
The Argentines got to the finals of the World Cup without Tevez. Whether they missed him in the finals or not, Sabella was not castigated for dropping Tevez. They had a good world cup without him.

Cantona was 32 years old in 1998. What do you mean by overhaul? Coach Aime Jacquet dropped the stars of the team. If it was Coach Keshi, you guys would have killed him.

By the way, Drogba went to the World cup at 36 years old.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
lusciouslex:
Do you know Aime Jacquet dropped Cantona in 1996 when he was the best player in the English Premier League and scored the winning goal into he FA Cup finals in 1996 against Liverpool? Cantons was aged 30 years then. Same age as Uche now.

So think of what would have happened if Coach Keshi had dropped a Nigerian player who was one of the best in the World. David Ginola was still a star.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ub4035(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]
I don't knw d reason y pple r putting d whole blame on Keshi as if he is d one dat will use his leg to play d ball on d peach for d guys even if u put 20 of uche on d peach but if dey don't have desciplen hw will dey do well .remember wen Martin use to score many goals in his club den bt wen he come playing for us dat plenty goals don't seem to com. smiley
If we don't fail hw do u expect us to knw d area we r nt doing well. We have field b4 so let see if we will get it right nw. Optimism is d key to achieving desire result.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ladymichael: 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
Keshi is 100% right. Y should uche be begged to play for his own country The country that gave him opportunity to be where he is? No player should be begged. The opportunity to play in world cup no be joke. It opens opportunities for players and ike uche knows it very well. He better put his dirty pride and beg for this opportunity. Idiot
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Sleek49ers: 1:09am On Oct 10, 2014
Blaming ike uche what about keshi vs Emenike fued?
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2014
edi287:

While Keshi might be good at getting his players to play out of their skins for him; he's not that great tactically.

Even his famed man management skills are starting to desert him. The way he's handled some issues lately have been rather disappointing.

Pls can you define man management skills and tactics, how long will we continue to allow ignorant sports journalists and envious ex footballers to becloud our sense of reasoning cos i know that's where you got those vocabularies from, na wa o lol

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Godswill90(m): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2014
Abeg oh...super eagles and Villarreal who pay pass?Abeg oh...super eagles and Villarreal who pay pass?Abeg oh...super eagles and Villarreal who pay pass?
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by adedayourt(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2014
Preciousone4ril:
When 2 elephants fight,its d grass dat suffers.

Somtin teLls me dat grass is nig's spot in d comin nations cup...
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by edi287: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
Goke7:

Pls can you define man management skills and tactics, how long will we continue to allow ignorant sports journalists and envious ex footballers to becloud our sense of reasoning cos i know that's where you got those vocabularies from, na wa o lol
What exactly are you trying to imply?? Man management and tactics don't matter in the game or what??

Maybe Keshis "haters" came up with those terms just so he could get sacked right??

You keshi stans sha...he's not God. He has made a alot of mistakes since the AFCON win. How many big teams have we beaten since Ivory coast??

People going as far as saying he equaled our best wc performance when we were only able to get 4pts.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Vikky014(f): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
ElekeNtioba:
I would take anytin Keshi says with a pinch of salt. He has shown previously his arrogance knows no bounds.

Uche is well within his rights to decline any invitation dat involves working with a coach dat treats him with disdain and disparages him in public.

Patriotism doesnt equate to stupidity.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ElFenomeno1: 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I laugh when I see you guys say Coach Keshi has no tactics. How many top coaches work under his condition? How much were Coach Lagerback and Berti Vogts paid? If I am correct, N15 million regularly every month. Coach Keshi gets paid N5 million every month but not regularly. Sometimes he goes 7 months without pay. He uses his own money to pay his staffs.

Sometimes, his players go to friendlies and qualifiers without pay and bonuses. Sometimes, no hotel bills paid.

Last World Cup, his players went on strike because of owed match bonuses.

Yet, he was able to manage them to the second round despite losing key players to injuries. The French with their top stars had to injure Onazi and Ambrose to defeat the coach you said has no tactics.

Then you guys would run to nairaland to abuse him.

Chai Dia Ris God O!!

KESHI's days are numbered. I told you here last week and i will again

Sudan, a nation without a football team a few years ago, beat Nigeria... That is beyond embarrassing

#KeshiOut
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

KESHI's days are numbered. I told you here last week and i will again

Sudan, a nation without a football team a few years ago, beat Nigeria... That is beyond embarrassing

#KeshiOut
It is not the end. Kanu, Okocha and co. were defeated 4-0 by Togo before the beginning of Atlanta 96. Yet, they went on to win the Olympic Gold Medals.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ElFenomeno1: 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
It is not the end. Kanu, Okocha and co. were defeated 4-0 by Togo before the beginning of Atlanta 96. Yet, they went on to win the Olympic Gold Medals.

That won't happen under this clueless man called Keshi.

He doesn't have what it takes... He is finished!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victor Anichebe Takes To Prayers And Bible To Help His Relegation Bound Team / Jovic Completes €70m Real Madrid Move On Six-year Contract / Taiwo Awoniyi Welcomes Baby Boy After His Goal Against Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.