Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other (27430 Views)

Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State / Would You Donate Blood? / Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Wale112(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2014
Buoyantic:
Where are the Ghanaians on nairaland? Dey only storm here when bad things happen to Nigeria

The Ghana Air Force has begun the airlifting of about one hundred tons of humanitarian food relief items to three Ebola affected countries, Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.

The relief items include three thousand (3,000) bags of rice grown and packaged in Ghana, three hundred (300) cartons of Ghanaian produced cooking oil, three hundred (300) cartons of Milk manufactured in Ghana and three hundred (300) cartons of Made in Ghana cocoa drinking products.

The items, a donation from President John Mahama on behalf of the government and people of Ghana will help feed persons in treatment centers and others currently on quarantine in isolation centers.

During his three-nation visit on Monday, President Mahama made a symbolic presentation of some of the items to the Presidents of the countries, noting that the gesture "was a symbol of solidarity with the affected countries."

He stated that Africans don't have to always wait for the developed world to come to our aid in times of crisis.

"We must show love to each other in our own small way, Mr. Mahama said.

http://reliefweb.int/report/liberia/ghana-air-force-airlifts-relief-assistance-three-ebola-affected-countries

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by ITbomb(m): 7:22am On Oct 09, 2014
drestoneokuta:
This is commendable, 591 volunteers, so there are still people that love this country that much?
May God be with them cos to me that is suicide.
It is 30k per day bro.
And you are all knitted with protective gear.

30k x 30 days = 900k per month as volunteers
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by lonelydora: 7:23am On Oct 09, 2014
Hope they won't misbehave in future like what South Africa is doing to Nigeria after helping them back in the days.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by lawrenceunaa: 7:27am On Oct 09, 2014
But Nigerian citizens lives in abject poverty
Y not bring out half of the money to eradicate poverty in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by nerodenero: 7:27am On Oct 09, 2014
Well said but unfortunately we did more for South Africa and the result is there for all to see.Nigeria should not relent in such effort as good deeds is always rewarding.
sauceny:
Stuffz like this really makes other nations to respect you as a country, Nigeria as a nation is now waking up & stamping itz foot on African nations & in the face of the world as the gaint of Africa.
To me,this a welcomed development,that is instrumental to the growth of our economy.
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 09, 2014
Let me cnmnt too
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Ahmeduana(m): 7:28am On Oct 09, 2014
datguru:
Hope its not another kind of scam. I don't believe it until I read from a Liberian source
PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE TURN THIS COUNTRY TO OBJECT OF RIDICULE, TO THE EXTEND YOU ARE NOW A guru IN THE ART, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY IS READING THE TRASH YOU POSTED AS COMMENT, TOMORROW IF FOREIGNERS THAT HAS NOTING TO DO WITH NIGERIA BUSINESS WISE AND ETHICS WISE SAYS THEY DON'T TRUST US, REMEMBER THAT IS DUE TO THE TYPES OF YOUR COMMENT THEY READ ON NETS!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by victorazy(m): 7:30am On Oct 09, 2014
englishmart:
whether I like this or not, God go bless me tongue

grin
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by borga112(m): 7:33am On Oct 09, 2014
Buoyantic:
Where are the Ghanaians on nairaland? Dey only storm here when bad things happen to Nigeria

Ghana donated last month but they dont talk about it like Nigerians.

Ghana is the real Giant of Africa.

They lead and Nigayria follows

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Dammytrager(m): 7:33am On Oct 09, 2014
ndanieler:
what do u mean by our education sector? we are trying to show love and concern to our neighboring countries and you are saying something else, do u think we don't have money in this country to take care of educational sector? please
we are showing love n care wen we ourselves are suffering.
About d educational sector, if the government funds d educational sector do u tink ASUU will go on strike?, do u think schools will increase their sch fees C'mon we all knew back in d days education was free so wah bout now, am sure we don't even have a 21st century university in d country.
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by redcliff: 7:34am On Oct 09, 2014
DGKN:
U mean it?? OMG!! And I neva chop since morninq!!
9ja y??

www..net

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 09, 2014
borga112:

grin let the war begin.... Puppets
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by datguru: 7:43am On Oct 09, 2014
Ahmeduana:

PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE TURN THIS COUNTRY TO OBJECT OF RIDICULE, TO THE EXTEND YOU ARE NOW A guru IN THE ART, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY IS READING THE TRASH YOU POSTED AS COMMENT, TOMORROW IF FOREIGNERS THAT HAS NOTING TO WITH NIGERIA BUSINESS WISE AND ETHICS WISE SAYS THEY DON'T TRUST US, REMEMBER THAT IS DUE TO THE TYPES OF YOUR COMMENT THEY READ ON NETS!

You don talk finish ?
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by ayukdaboss(m): 7:43am On Oct 09, 2014
justi4jesu:
GEJ TILL 2058!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
You don't mean it undecided
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Princecharmin(m): 7:44am On Oct 09, 2014
Wale112:
Something Ghana did months ago undecided undecided
no wonder ur economy would soon discover oil wt d way itz going way down tongue
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Princecharmin(m): 7:46am On Oct 09, 2014
borga112:

ode oshi....how much did ghana donate... angry
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:
Stuffz like this really makes other nations to respect you as a country, Nigeria as a nation is now waking up & stamping itz foot on African nations & in the face of the world as the gaint of Africa.
To me,this a welcomed development,that is instrumental to the growth of our economy.
which welcome development ?

Nigeria has been intervening in these West African countries since time immemorial and when it comes to represent Nigerian interest in West Africa, Africa and the World , the countries that collect our money only betray and sabotage us !!

Givers never lack sha !!
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by ayukdaboss(m): 7:47am On Oct 09, 2014
morbid:
Nigeria is indeed a rich nation!! So,you mean to tell me that after $20million went missing and still remained unaccounted for till now,we still have money to donate? Oh!! Pardon me for forgetting the $9.3million still in the tight grip of the South African government,and now this. My point...I'm not against humanitarian grants,especially when it has to do with the dreaded EVD;but our leaders should use our resources judiciously and should hold corruption in utter abhorrence.
It's $20billion man not $20million. There's a lot of money in this country. Countries like UAE have oil money and you can evidently see how developed they are, but reverse is the case in Nigeria because of the reckless stealing and corruption carried out by our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by peter4d2(m): 7:49am On Oct 09, 2014
Sum backward opposition would neva c anyfin gud in dis gesture cos wat I c in it dey wuld b 4eva be indepted 2 us n our citizen ova thr wuld b treated wif respect.
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Wale112(m): 7:50am On Oct 09, 2014
If Ghana does not save Africa there will be no Africa.
Saying only Ghanaian rule can save West Africa is getting
old... It is now self-Evident!!
So you have 2 options!
1) Go under Ghanaian rule
2) Go under Ghanaian rule now!
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by ayukdaboss(m): 7:52am On Oct 09, 2014
ndanieler:
[s]what do u mean by our education sector? we are trying to show love and concern to our neighboring countries and you are saying something else, do u think we don't have money in this country to take care of educational sector? please [/s]
BALDERDASH
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2014
donroxy:
which welcome development ?

Nigeria has been intervening in these West African countries since time immemorial and when it comes to represent Nigerian interest in West Africa, Africa and the World , the countries that collect our money only betray and sabotage us !!

Givers never lack sha !!

What can i say¿
We shouldn't jst throw away the baby with the bath water,we all knw what's happening at the end,for the fact that we have been betrayed one too many times by our own fellow sister nations;especially South Africa doesn't mean we should fold our arms & do nothing.
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by ndanieler(m): 7:57am On Oct 09, 2014
I get what you are saying, you are saying the truth my man. I guess people just mismanage fund that's why the country is like this, what the government gave to assist the EVD affected countries is just a small percentage compare to what we mismanage.
Dammytrager:
About d educational sector, if the government funds d educational sector do u tink ASUU will go on strike?, do u think schools will increase their sch fees C'mon we all knew back in d days education was free so wah bout now, am sure we don't even have a 21st century university in d country.
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by ayukdaboss(m): 7:58am On Oct 09, 2014
Princecharmin:
ode oshi....how much did ghana donate... angry
They donated bags of rice...Bournvita and Groundnut oil. What a big joke grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by ndanieler(m): 8:00am On Oct 09, 2014
Na quarrel?
ayukdaboss:

BALDERDASH
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by otokx(m): 8:02am On Oct 09, 2014
Our unity schools remain closed over salary and arrears yet FG is doing father christmas.

Charity begins at home.
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by adonis89(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2014
Cybermugu1:
What about the U.S? grin
US na country? If na 2 sponsor war or dethronement of a leader na u go c them. Dem don go spoil libya finish wen gadafi piloted d affairs of d country peacefully tru his dictatorship

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by otokx(m): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2014
Dammytrager:

We do not have a 19th century university yet.
Re: Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other by 3kay945(m): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2014
englishmart:
[size=45pt]Ebola has made us proud [/size]
gringrin

Yes o o and I pray it last till it extinction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Siji Olamiji And Egbemode: Using Paracetamol, Bleach To Process Garri Is Deadly / How To Fix A Whitlow Deformed Finger Nails / Two Bodies Dumped In Front Of A Hospital In Kogi State (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.