Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? (1626 Views)

Why Do People Reject God? / Why Do People Reject Jehovah Witness? / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2014
Why do people reject Jesus as their Saviour? What are some of the major reasons folks give for why they do not believe in Jesus?

http://www.gotquestions.org/reject-Jesus.html
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Why do people reject Jesus as their Saviour? What are some of the major reasons folks give for why they do not believe in Jesus?

http://www.gotquestions.org/reject-Jesus.html

Question: "Why do people reject Jesus as their Saviour?"

Answer: The decision to accept or reject Jesus as Saviour is the ultimate life decision. Why do many people choose to reject Jesus as Saviour? There are perhaps as many different reasons for rejecting Christ as there are people who reject Him, but the following four reasons can serve as general categories:

1) Some people do not think they need a saviour. These people consider themselves to be “basically good” and do not realize that they, like all people, are sinners who cannot come to God on their own terms. But Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). Those who reject Christ will not be able to stand before God and successfully plead their own case on their own merits.

2) The fear of social rejection or persecution deters some people from receiving Christ as Saviour. The unbelievers in John 12:42-43 would not confess Christ because they were more concerned with their status among their peers than doing God’s will. These were the Pharisees whose love of position and the esteem of others blinded them, “for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.”

3) For some people, the things that the present world has to offer are more appealing than eternal things. We read the story of such a man in Matthew 19:16-23. This man was not willing to lose his earthly possessions in order to gain an eternal relationship with Jesus (see also 2 Corinthians 4:16-18).

4) Many people are simply resisting the Holy Spirit’s attempts to draw them to faith in Christ. Stephen, a leader in the early church, told those who were about to murder him, “You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!” (Acts 7:51). The apostle Paul made a similar statement to a group of gospel rejecters in Acts 28:23-27.

Whatever the reasons why people reject Jesus Christ, their rejection has disastrous eternal consequences. “There is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved” than the name of Jesus (Acts 4:12), and those who reject Him, for whatever reason, face an eternity in the “outer darkness” of hell where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 25:30).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/reject-Jesus.html#ixzz3Fgrr1MAh
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
You reap what you sow.
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53am On Dec 10, 2014
Sarassin:

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. cool
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by Weah96: 2:45am On Dec 10, 2014
I deny Jesus because not only have I not met the individual, but the people who claim to have met him don't seem too afraid of disobeying him.

I wouldn't dare disobey a dictator who sees everything under the sun.
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
Weah96:

I deny Jesus because not only have I not met the individual, but the people who claim to have met him don't seem too afraid of disobeying him.

I wouldn't dare disobey a dictator who sees everything under the sun.

You are still giving lame excuses. Why not admit that it is because you love your sinful lifestyle and that you don't want to be accountable on the Judgment Day?
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by Weah96: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You are still giving lame excuses. Why not admit that it is because you love your sinful lifestyle and that you don't want to be accountable on the Judgment Day?

Thou shall not tell lies. You're encouraging me to lie. That's another reason why Jesus is a myth.

If Jesus was real, you wouldn't be coercing others to tell lies.
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by Mintayo(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
Rejection doesn't change the fact that Jesus exists,soon it will not matter anymore what people believe. Soon everyone will come to that realization that He is Alive.
https://www.nairaland.com/2032755/party-party-party
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
Weah96:

Thou shall not tell lies. You're encouraging me to lie. That's another reason why Jesus is a myth.

If Jesus was real, you wouldn't be coercing others to tell lies.

You didn't tell me that you also believed in the Moral Law of God that forbids us to lie. undecided
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by Weah96: 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You didn't tell me that you also believed in the Moral Law of God that forbids us to lie. undecided

I know I didn't. But you, on the other hand, put your Jesus business on display like a Pharisee so I expected you to at least care about the commandments.

Here you are, coercing me to tell a lie, because my comment is incompatible with your pre determined paradigm.

Jesus cannot be real and you just proved my point with your demonstration.
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
Weah96:

I know I didn't. But you, on the other hand, put your Jesus business on display like a Pharisee so I expected you to at least care about the commandments.

Here you are, coercing me to tell a lie, because my comment is incompatible with your pre determined paradigm.

Jesus cannot be real and you just proved my point with your demonstration.

You are living a lie and you will reap whatever you sow. Repent before it is too late.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen" (Romans 1:20-25).
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by Weah96: 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You are living a lie and you will reap whatever you sow. Repent before it is too late.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen" (Romans 1:20-25).

I would wipe my behind with the pages of your holy book, if I wasn't afraid of lowering the intellect of my arse.

Keep your Caucasian male God away from me. Your God looks like the God Thor from the Hollywood movies. Except Thor never sends a message by another person, while your own God cannot operate without illiterate people doing his bidding.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2014
Weah96:

I would wipe my behind with the pages of your holy book, if I wasn't afraid of lowering the intellect of my arse.

Keep your Caucasian male God away from me. Your God looks like the God Thor from the Hollywood movies. Except Thor never sends a message by another person, while your own God cannot operate without illiterate people doing his bidding.

These words would come back to haunt you on the day of reckoning if you don't repent and believe the gospel. There is a time for sowing and reaping. Harvest time is around the corner where everyone will give an account of what their deeds.
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by Weah96: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

These words would come back to haunt you on the day of reckoning if you don't repent and believe the gospel. There is a time for sowing and reaping. Harvest time is around the corner where everyone will give an account of what their deeds.

I'm shaking. Now your loving deity is going to roast my flesh forever and ever. SMH.
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
Weah96:

I'm shaking. Now your loving deity is going to roast my flesh forever and ever. SMH.

If you say there is no hell you better be right. cool
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by Weah96: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If you say there is no hell you better be right. cool

Otherwise, I'm going to roast eternally, is that right?
Does Hitler deserve that kind of punishment, in your opinion?

Use your brain, adult.
Re: Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
Weah96:

Otherwise, I'm going to roast eternally, is that right?
Does Hitler deserve that kind of punishment, in your opinion?

Use your brain, adult.

We all deserve "to roast in hell" but the Cross of Christ brings Mercy, if we receive His grace.

(1) (Reply)

The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / Who Are Infidels / Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.