Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:34 AM

Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift (16091 Views)

The Best Valentine Surprise (photos) / The Best Valentine Gift To Give Your Partner? / What Is The Best Valentine's Gift For A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by MerC2(f): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2006
Hah, best valentines year for me was in 2004. I got multiple presents.
I didn't have a boyfriend so I wasn't really expecting anything.
Ma lil' brother is so cute, he got me a really cheap necklace but I cherish it so much.
LOVE U BRO! kiss
Ma best (male) friend got me a personalized teddy bear which sed "You're the wackiest gurl eva! I love u to bits!" undecided
Ma best gurl got me a Mac make-up kit (I LOVE MAC, woowerrrz! shocked)
I also got a present from a guy I was in no way interested in. I knew he liked me but I so wasn't expecting anything from him.
I was jus looking at ma other presents and ma bro walked into ma room and gave me a box.
I thot he had gotten me another present. I opened it and it was a $540.00 Calvin Klein Watch. shocked
Imagine ma shock. SOME EXPENSIVE ISH RIGHT THERE!
I asked who brought it and he told me it was this other guy who was always following me whereva I go. undecided
Much as I wanted to keep it, I had to go give him back cos' keeping it wulda meant I was interested in him
or I'm some golddigger bitch.
I got a airplance ticket to go to Spain from ma parents too, shocked I LOVE SPAIN!! Best country EVER! (afta 9ja sha, tongue)

Good year uhn?! (even if I had to return that watch, *sigh*, oh that watch, AHHHH WUTEVA!)
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by eveseh(f): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2006
kaii,u really got dem oooooooooo
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Kadeejah(f): 5:25am On Jul 03, 2006
last year on valentine's day, ma ex bought me a red rose, a teddy bear that said "i love like a fat kid loves cake" cheesy undecided nd a promise ring cry nd he made me dinner and tha table was set so nicely is wuz aboslutely beautiful. then he gave ma a foot massage and then we watched poetic justice. it waz tha bestest valentine's day ever cheesy cry cry cry cry
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by cuteness01: 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2008
i ve never gotten a val. gift cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by daryl(f): 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2008
My best valentine was on 2004. i woke up and felt like i shoud do somethiing different, i went to a motherless babies home, i bought gifts and snacks, it was fun, we played danced and the best gift a teddy one of the kids gave me. that is my best val so far

3 Likes

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by cecegorz(m): 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2008
2005: It was d day i proposed to my babygirl, the jewel i found in d savannah!
We kissed as if there'll be no tomorrow!
It's one of d sweetest moves i've ever made in this life! we're getting married this year!
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by jumygirl(f): 12:49am On Jan 29, 2008
grin
havent been that lucky, from time all my valentine days hace sucked! lets hope this yr makes a difference
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by DeepSoul(f): 12:34am On Jan 25, 2010
cecegorz:

2005: It was d day i proposed to my babygirl, the jewel i found in d savannah!
We kissed as if there'll be no tomorrow!
It's one of d sweetest moves i've ever made in this life! we're getting married this year!

I hope that's not the same thing you have been saying for the past FIVE years? lol

1 Like

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by DeepSoul(f): 12:43am On Jan 25, 2010
Best Valentine was 2008.

He went shopping and got me loads of clothes and shoes on the 13th and I was wondering if he'd gotten d dates mixed up, lol

On valentine's morning, I woke up with a red rose by my pillow, a lovely card and a perfume named "Affection".

Later in the day, I received a set of jewellery - earrings, bracelets, cant remember the rest.

I was so overwhelmed because I'd never had a valentine that good all from one person. It was my 1st best Valentines day.

2nd best was 2009:
Got two pairs of T.M shirts and a very very lovely shoe I totally love.
Went to the beach, popped a bottle of champagne & just watched d waves
Went dancing at Soul Lounge till morning

2010:
Make we dey look. I hope it surpasses 2008 shaaaa
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by H2O2: 12:45am On Jan 25, 2010
I dunno o. Waiting for a woman that's going to sopoil me grin
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by H2O2: 12:46am On Jan 25, 2010
Actually the best one I've had was quite breath-taking.
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by follypimpi(m): 12:48am On Jan 25, 2010
H2O2:

I dunno o. Waiting for a woman that's going to sopoil me grin

U go wait till thy kingdom come grin grin Dunno i dont really dig the whole val day idea undecided
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by H2O2: 12:50am On Jan 25, 2010
I don't really dig it either @ follypimpi.

It's overrated.

Most times Just a buncha gift-excited females waiting for the spoils

The best part of it for the guy afterwards is probably just the sex

Because she's gon' really wanna f%uck that night.
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by follypimpi(m): 1:00am On Jan 25, 2010
H2O2:

I don't really dig it either @ follypimpi.

It's overrated.

Most times Just a buncha gift-excited females waiting for the spoils

The best part of it for the guy afterwards is probably just the sex

Because she's gon' really wanna f%uck that night.

Yeah was up with that,i wld willingly and gladly do  any of em things on a regular day i wont w8 on the media to dictate to a so called special day to do em.
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by SS81: 12:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
We love our scentsstore fans, in the spirit of valentine, we want to surprise one person this valentine, its easy like our page, follow us on twitter @thescentsstore and get your friends to do same telling us who referred them, it just might be you!!!

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Chydobe: 8:42am On Feb 14, 2018
"If you noticed, you cannot spell Valentine without the word "lent". Well, I didn't start it. It has been there all along".

History has it that February has been a month of romance, Valentine's day celebration is surrounded with the mystery of both the Roman tradition and Christianity. However, all the romantic gestures as celebrated on the 14th day of February are all in the name of St. Valentine.

Who is St. Valentine? A priest of the Roman Catholic church who decided to break the rule of Emperor Claudius II (Emperor Claudius figured out that single men were better at war than men with wives and families. He therefore banned young men from getting married) and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret.

When the Emperor found out about his acts, he was martyred.

Another story has it that the first Valentine's day greeting was made by St. Valentine who fell in love with a young girl who seemed to be the daughter of his jailer. Before his death, she received a letter from Valentine which was...

Click on link below to read full article

http://www.newzified.com/valentines-day-2018-meaning-valentine%e2%94%82va-lent-ine-ash-wednesday/
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by nairavsdollars(f): 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Oxster(m): 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
K
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by MDsambo: 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ancestors of Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
This thread is 13 years old shocked

1 Like

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Arsenalholic(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Jeez! 2005 thread?

Who's the evil spirit that came to resuurect this? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by kowalsky: 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seun:
Wow, Vexxy, that must be the worst Valentine's day gift possible!

I'm not sure if I've gotten one in the past - if I have, then it must have been a cheap card with a hand-written note. My ideal Valentine's day gift? A debit card with thousands of dollars loaded! grin

If you've been recieved a really nice Valentine's day gift in the past, why don't you tell us about it? wink

Was wondering why seun was replying to a thread. Only to look up to see that this thread was actually created in 2005. Back then when the dude was still trying to make nairaland what it is today.

Mehn, never despise your humble beginings. See seun actively engaging nairalanders and wishing he had a debit card loaded with thousand of dollars. I'm pretty sure he has the latter in excess now.

Kudos bruv!

2 Likes

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by biacan(f): 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
This thread is as old as this forum shocked shocked 2005

2 Likes

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by fowlyansh181(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
Resurrected thread .

1 Like

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Kizyte(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
vexxy:
I'd say it was great because it really opened my eyes to a lot of tricks guys play. I was ready for my next beau.

I really can't remember any other gift because they were like yours; cards with hand written notes. My brother did get me a beautiful sumari sword from Japan. I still have it. That was a great gift!
Wow! I love swords! shocked Can you upload please!!!!?

Update: 2005 thread? Are you kidding me? I got registered on Nairaland in 2009, this thread senior me by 4 years shocked Buhari must hear this!

1 Like

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by noble2faith(m): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
AbbasJR:
This thread is 13 years old shocked

Am telling u! shocked[quote author=AbbasJR post=65070348]This thread is 13 years old

At first I thought I was in the past.. As in a force in form of time machine took me to the past..

1 Like

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by itsmeurLady(f): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
Reading all these experiences I'm kinda jealous Cs I've never had such experiences on Vals day beforesad

1 Like

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by phetto(m): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
uchetobi:
Whats up people? I just remembered my Valentine's day of 2004 and thought to share it with you guys.

I woke up that morning and the day was so dry as in boring. My boyfriend wasn't around - he had travelled.

Then [at around] 4pm things began to happen. Someone came to tell me I had a DHL delivery. It was my Val gift - a teddy bear, perfume, Chocolate Royale cake and these very cute set of Victoria secret undewear in my favorite color (pink). That has been my best Valentine's day gift till today.

As if that wasn't good enough, I got chocolates from a secret admirer I don't know till date. And to crown the day I got to go out to dinner with my girl friends who weren't dating anyone. More like a girl night out. It's been my best Valentine's day ever.

Please y'all share yours with me.

Yours in Forum

Gimme the no if ur galfrnds
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by PotatoSalad(m): 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
This thread was created when i was in Js1 lmaoo
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by donnaD(f): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
got a bible from my dad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Check Your Girlfriend's Facebook Account? / Love Story (18+) / I Was Born Naked! Sexy Lady Shouts As She Steps Out Completely Naked (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.