Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift (15928 Views)

The Best Valentine Surprise (photos) / The Best Valentine Gift To Give Your Partner? / What Is The Best Valentine's Gift For A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by cyborg123(m): 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seun:
Wow, Vexxy, that must be the worst Valentine's day gift possible!

I'm not sure if I've gotten one in the past - if I have, then it must have been a cheap card with a hand-written note. My ideal Valentine's day gift? A debit card with thousands of dollars loaded! grin

If you've been recieved a really nice Valentine's day gift in the past, why don't you tell us about it? wink
Oga Seun don like money, no be today. grin
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by TribesNG: 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seun
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Iamdmentor1(m): 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seun:
Wow, Vexxy, that must be the worst Valentine's day gift possible!

I'm not sure if I've gotten one in the past - if I have, then it must have been a cheap card with a hand-written note. My ideal Valentine's day gift? A debit card with thousands of dollars loaded! grin

If you've been recieved a really nice Valentine's day gift in the past, why don't you tell us about it? wink

>: grin
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by idu1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
Since 2005?
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by SilentBang(m): 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
Chydobe:
"If you noticed, you cannot spell Valentine without the word "lent". Well, I didn't start it. It has been there all along".

History has it that February has been a month of romance, Valentine's day celebration is surrounded with the mystery of both the Roman tradition and Christianity. However, all the romantic gestures as celebrated on the 14th day of February are all in the name of St. Valentine.

Who is St. Valentine? A priest of the Roman Catholic church who decided to break the rule of Emperor Claudius II (Emperor Claudius figured out that single men were better at war than men with wives and families. He therefore banned young men from getting married) and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret.

When the Emperor found out about his acts, he was martyred.

Another story has it that the first Valentine's day greeting was made by St. Valentine who fell in love with a young girl who seemed to be the daughter of his jailer. Before his death, she received a letter from Valentine which was...

Click on link below to read full article

http://www.newzified.com/valentines-day-2018-meaning-valentine%e2%94%82va-lent-ine-ash-wednesday/

How did you discover this thread lol...

its as old as adam.
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Pelebabaagba(m): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
I'm currently very broke and I've been tryna avoid my girlfriend because I don't have anything to give her..well she knows I'm am broke.. She found her way and came to where I was. My last class was from 2-4pm.

She requested for my house key, telling she forgot her ATM in my room. Due to my broke status. I did not argue with her, I just handed her the key and she left.

I came back from Lectures today, tired and very Hungry. I'd plan to take garri and probably do some cooking later at night. When I was about getting to my Hostel, I called my her to request for my key. I meet her in front of my Hostel, she handed me the key and left without saying a word. I assume she's angry at me cos I've not said anything about the valentine and I could notice her friend's were already receiving gift from their Boyfriends.. Well I just lock up.

I went straight to my room to open my door. Immediately I opened, I found this..

A neatly wrapped amala and okro soup garnished with assorted meat.. She melt my heart and been a typical yoruba boy.. The amala too melt my heart..

Note: my girlfriend is Igbo.. Today is my best Valentine so far

9 Likes

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Unitedabby(m): 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
itsmeurLady:
Reading all these experiences I'm kinda jealous Cs I've never had such experiences on Vals day beforesad
sorry dear and this year's is gone already would have surprised you!

1 Like

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by noona(f): 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
Never celebrated valentine...weird right??
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by codedgalaxy: 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
Noona ? Are you korean ?btw it's not weirld because i know u aint the only one on that boat. Just saying though
noona:
Never celebrated valentine...weird right??
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by itsmeurLady(f): 10:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
Unitedabby:

Aww thank you smiley
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by noona(f): 10:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
codedgalaxy:
Noona ? Are you korean ?btw it's not weirld because i know u aint the only one on that boat. Just saying though
I'm not a korean...I just love Asia..
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Gerrard59(m): 11:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
Bought a flower for my secondary school crush. Cost me #170 at Rumukoro Market, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

I cannot forget. It was around 6pm on the 13th, after close of school. I went to the market to purchase the flower. When there, a woman murmured small pikin don dey buy val gift. This world don spoil

I was unperturbed, and asked the man how much for your flowers? Highest was 400, lowest was #50. Knowing how much I loved Ezinne (her name), I asked for the ones in the midrange - cost #150-170. I was with #200 (my daily pocket money).

The following day, in the presence of classmates who were and still are notorious for sarcastic comments I removed the flower from my bag and went to Ezinne's front and presented it as my val gift.

I made it!!! grin

What happened next?

The class erupted in laughter, subtle mockery and whatnot. Wetin concern me?

I have done what I planned.

She was stunned and shy, which was expected. But I was happy grin grin

Event happened many years ago. My first and only val gift.

3 Likes

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by codedgalaxy: 12:01am On Feb 15, 2018
Same here,in fact i doubt if u love them more than i do. But all the same proudly 9ja .
noona:

I'm not a korean...I just love Asia..
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Phunkyposh(f): 1:16am On Feb 15, 2018
Unitedabby:

Indeed
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Unitedabby(m): 1:35am On Feb 15, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Aww thank you smiley
You're welcome my lady!
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Gebbson007(m): 2:11am On Feb 15, 2018
Pelebabaagba:
I'm currently very broke and I've been tryna avoid my girlfriend because I don't have anything to give her..well she knows I'm am broke.. She found her way and came to where I was. My last class was from 2-4pm.

She requested for my house key, telling she forgot her ATM in my room. Due to my broke status. I did not argue with her, I just handed her the key and she left.

I came back from Lectures today, tired and very Hungry. I'd plan to take garri and probably do some cooking later at night. When I was about getting to my Hostel, I called my her to request for my key. I meet her in front of my Hostel, she handed me the key and left without saying a word. I assume she's angry at me cos I've not said anything about the valentine and I could notice her friend's were already receiving gift from their Boyfriends.. Well I just lock up.

I went straight to my room to open my door. Immediately I opened, I found this..

A neatly wrapped amala and okro soup garnished with assorted meat.. She melt my heart and been a typical yoruba boy.. The amala too melt my heart..

WOW..
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Gebbson007(m): 2:12am On Feb 15, 2018
Pelebabaagba:

she a jaw biko keep her
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 15, 2018
See lies..chai...xpecially d girls stories,d flower tin,d kisses...in secondary school!!....anyway wat do i kn?
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Isinkwa: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2018
Anyways, I don't even know the meaning of val. I wish someone loves me wink shocked
Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by geminiplaceng(f): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2018
Yesterday Valentines day was an awesome time together with all our staffs.

Everyone came to the office with the usual work and serious mood and everything was quite as usual until about 3:30 pm when the MD announced that everyone should shut down their laptops and prepare for a valentine eat out.

We thought it was a prank until she announced the second time and had started calling a cake making company to deliver cakes to the office.

The whole event became real when we all boarded our vehicle and drove down to Yin Yang in Lekki Phase 1 to have an unforgettable meal afterwards visiting Ice cream factory to have the "icing on the cake" desert of our lives.

Everyone went home happy and filled.

As a team we at all times pass this same spirit of operations to our clients in our service delivery which I feel is the reason why so many of our clients keep coming back.

What a great place to be!

We are Gemini Place Apartment and we offer luxury short-let apartments in Lagos, Nigeria (Ikoyi, Oniru, Victoria Island and Banana Island).
Visit our website http://geminiplaceng.com for more details and you can also follow us on social media, @geminiplacenglagos (facebook, instagram, google+, pintrest, linked), @geminiplace (twitter)

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Blonchilli(m): 11:36am On Feb 15, 2018
A topic from 2005 that's way better than all the topics that have been pushed to the front page. Look at the mature replies. Chai! This was the days nairaland was fun, the only way I could check my mail and surf the net was going to a cyber cafe grin not now that every dumbo has a mobie phone. The opinions alone would make you want to join, now it's full of tribalism, pointless topic and hate. Seun you better do something before nairaland gets filled with juveniles

1 Like

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by kraspsberr: 1:26am On Jan 15, 2020
VALENTINE HAMPERS
Thinking of what to get for your loved ones this Valentine?
Our hampers have been carefully crafted with you in mind and this year 2020 we have romantic treats and hampers from as low as 10,000 naira to help you show some love in the most romantic way.

Thinking about you Treat in a box
Content:
A bottle of non-alcoholic fruit wine (Eva/Pure heaven/J&W)
Red Velvet/Sponge cup cakes
Mini Bounty/mars/snickers Chocolate
Artificial roses
Valentine card with a special hand-written note from you!
All for 10,000 naira

Sweet Valentine Treat in a Box
Content:
Red Velvet/sponge cup cake
Strawberries
Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
Artificial roses
All for 15,000 naira

Sweet Treats in a Basket
Content:
6 inches valentine cake
Mini Bounty/mars/snickers Chocolate
Ferrero rocher chocolates/Celebrations chocolates
Danish cookies
A pack of Sweets
A pack of Marshmallows
Pringles
Chivita Juice
All for 20,000 naira.

Treat Surprises in a Box
Content:
A bottle of exotic non-alcoholic fruit wine (Papillon/Chandon/Welch)
Red Velvet cup cake
Scented candles
Strawberries
Fresh Roses bouquet
All for 25,000 naira

The Pamper Me Lush Treat in a Basket
Content:
A bottle of exotic Non-alcoholic Fruit Wine (Papillon/Chandon/Welch)
A box of chocolate - Ferrero Rocher/Celebrations
A 6" valentine Cake
A box of Chocolate Coated Doughnuts
Danish Cookies
Pringles
Chivita
A pack of eclair sweets/bounty mini/snickers mini
A pack of Marshmallows
Scented Candles
Customized Gift Mug with a special message from you
Valentine Card with a special hand-written note from you!
All for 30,000 naira

Luxury Valentine Treat in a Box
Content:
A bottle of exotic fruit wine/ alcoholic wine (Papillon/Chandon/Andre)
Red Velvet/Sponge cup cake
Scented candles
Strawberries
Fresh Roses bouquet
Customized Towel set
Gift mug
Jewelry set for her/Cuff link set for him
All for 35,000 naira

Heads over heels Treat in a Box
Content:
A bottle of Champagne
Scented candles
Strawberries
Fresh Roses bouquet
Customized towel set/gift mug
Jewelry set for her/Cuff link set for him
Twinnings Flavored tea
Hand lotion/Body wash/Perfume gift set
Cookies
Pistachios/Cashew nuts/Healthy snack bars
Marshmallows
Heart Shaped Helium foil balloon
All for 50,000 naira

Our Luxury-Val Hamper
Content:
A bottle of exotic Non-alcoholic Fruit Wine (Papillon/Chandon/Welch)
A box of chocolate - Ferrero Rocher/Celebrations
A 6" valentine Cake
A box of Chocolate Coated Doughnuts
Danish Cookies
Pringles
Chivita
A pack of eclair sweets/bounty mini/snickers mini
A pack of Marshmallows
Scented Candles
A bouquet of roses
A bottle of Champagne to pop!
Heart shaped Helium foil balloon
Customized Gift Mug with a special message from you
Valentine Card with a special hand-written note from you!
All for 60,000 naira.

We can also customize your gifts and hampers to suit your needs.

Just call/whatsapp us on 07037181861, send us a mail at elegantgiftsandhampers@gmail.com

Re: Your Best Valentine's Day and Gift by Mcphersonchurch: 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
We offer Custom Glassware and other personalized wine items.
We do engraving and printing, and orders from single glass gifts to large bulk orders!

https://www.bestpricefavors.com/product-category/wine-glasses-glassware/custom-personalized-coasters/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If U Know Why Sex Is Sweet, U Will Be Careful / Canada Finally Humbled Me With Pussy After 8months: Pictures / My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.