Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier (37345 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
Flango:

Yeah. The idea behind moving their national team to other venues is actually because of that NFL deal.

England might continue in wembley after 2017, but if the NFL deal goes thru, then they'll have to rotate their matches with other stadia across the country.

But it's gonna suck for the US-based fans of the NFL teams though. For instance, if a San Diego Chargers game scheduled in London, fans of the team would have to embark on a 10-hour flight across the pond.
If you factor in hotel and tube costs, the final tab could be in the region of $800.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Humblesam(m): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
Antell95:

nton ke ado cheesy cheesy

Kpon ndisime Iwo awusa grin grin grin
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Humblesam(m): 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
Antell95:

nton ke ado cheesy cheesy

Kpon ndisime owo awusa grin grin grin
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by wheeladealar: 6:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
Akwa ibom stadium is classy,stylish and sophisticated,Akpabio is a blessing to akwa ibom state.I just wish all other state governors would think more about serving their people than stuffing their pockets.we have only two governors in this country.one is Akpabio of akwaibom,and the other is Fashola of Lagos.others are just full of shit and stinking of mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Flango: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
CFCfan:

That stadium should be handed over to LASG, who should in turn, knock it down completely and build a world class 65-70,000 football-specific arena.

Then, SE or Super Falcons matches could be rotated between Abuja, Uyo, and Lagos.

That always looks like the easiest thing to suggest.

Let's not forget that d LASG govt hasn't yet transformed the Teslim Balogun stadium, surulere to that world class stadium we dream of. Atleast they shld start 4rm somewhere...
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
Flango:

Let's not forget that d LASG govt hasn't yet transformed the Teslim Balogun stadium, surulere to that world class stadium we dream of. Atleast they shld start 4rm somewhere...
Or it could be a PPP partnership
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by kgr28(m): 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
all4naija:
Do South Africans play soccer in the first place? This is not Rugby! I hope our team would give 10 - 0 in Uyo new stadium for the opening celebration.

You still delusional...?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by 2n2k(m): 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
Flango:

I think it will be a bad business if Lasg continues to pour money into balogun stadium. The day the national stadium spring back will mark the beginning of decline of balogun stadium. They are too co-located abeg.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
2n2k:

I think it will be a bad business if Lasg continues to pour money into balogun stadium. The day the national stadium spring back will mark the beginning of decline of balogun stadium. They are too co-located abeg.
Maybe LASG could handover the Teslim Balogun stadium to the AFN as an athletics-only stadium.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by lyntiffany(f): 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
wheeladealar:
Akwa ibom stadium is classy,stylish and sophisticated,Akpabio is a blessing to akwa ibom state.I just wish all other state governors would think more about serving their people than stuffing their pockets.we have only two governors in this country.one is Akpabio of akwaibom,and the other is Fashola of Lagos.others are just full of shit and stinking of mediocrity.
that's your opinion my State governor ( Sullivan Iheanacho Chime ) is one of the best with little allocation from the government yet he works wonders. Speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by DOWHILE: 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
Yeah, it's a beauty. I had to snap it myself last time I passed through that route.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by babyboy3(m): 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
CFCfan:
This stadium has to be amongst the most beautiful in Africa! I'm also glad that the AKSG signed a 10-yr maintenance agreement with JB; that is good thinking on the part of the Governor.

Finally, Enyeama will get to play in front of his kinsmen in his home state cheesy

When you say among the most beautiful in africa! are you saying in Top 3, Top 5, Top 10 or Top 20?
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
babyboy3:

When you say among the most beautiful in africa! are you saying in Top 3, Top 5, Top 10 or Top 20?
Top 10 cool
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Flango: 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
2n2k:

On d positive side, there're more professional clubs in Lagos than they're stadia. Imagine 2 strong clubs playing in both stadia. Hmmm, what a local derby...

The stadia in london are nt too far away 4rm each other and yet they're all relevant. So who says we can't have two functional stadia in surulere?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by comrChris(m): 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
There is a saying that says if you do not appreciate good things it will not ur way
This is the kind of development we want,l just hope other state will wake up
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Flango: 7:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
CFCfan:

Or it could be a PPP partnership

Hoping it says curruption-free.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Pectoris(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

the bolded alone gives me more joy more than the stadium itself.

Btw anyone has an idea of how much PH to Uyo costs by flight bus? grin grin
PH to Uyo is 1k by bus.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
Good one!

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Stanlyag(m): 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
more pics

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by JohnEazy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Up Akpabio.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
I hate Liyel Imoke! angry

Foolish man!

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Champella(m): 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
alentyno:

the bolded alone gives me more joy more than the stadium itself.

Btw anyone has an idea of how much PH to Uyo costs by flight bus? grin grin

If you're using AKTC. . .

Port Harcourt to Uyo = N1,050
Uyo to Port Harcourt = N1,010

This is what i paid about 2 weeks ago

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Tonylyte(m): 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
VcStunner:
Oboy see level..... This stadium make brain die, plus na one of the reasons i wan relocate go dah side. Na so calabar own take finish abi?.. But its actually non of my business
U be first class mumu....wetin carry calabar name join this news? Hater!!!
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Tonylyte(m): 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
Flango:

Pls can u mention any football game played in abuja by d SE that had a full capacity?

When last did u travel to any part of d country to watch d SE play? The europeans do that often.

Economically, can u get up to 30 000 people to buy tickets for a qualifier/friendly in any city in d country? Each time we had such a crowd, it's because d govt offered free entry to people.

Exept England, how many european football powerhouse play national games in a particular stadium? Consider italy, spain, germany, france, etc.

The national team belongs to every Nigerian. Therefore I don't buy d idea of playing in one particular area. Any state that boost gud infrastructure shld be given d oppurtunity to host d SE matches. The national stadium might be reserved 4 big matches and on special occassions.

Grande.
I love your analysis....your head dey house...unlike dose people wey dey insult the dude.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
Flango:

Hoping it says curruption-free.
Hope so too.
I also hope some 2017 AFCON and 2018 WC qualifiers would be held in Uyo
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
Did i just read its 30 thousand capacity? Its not even up to world cup standard, why the rush to take an important match to an unknown venue? Have the NFF forgotten the Kano experience so soon? When will they learn? Calabar is still the most formidable ground right now and that is where the eagles should be playing.
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by deor03(m): 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
Booking my flight ticket ASAP

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by VcStunner(m): 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tonylyte:

U be first class mumu....wetin carry calabar name join this news? Hater!!!
help me see solomon o... I jus dey pity u,weda u like it or not calabar stadium is now history. We are changing venue now pls and do well to get use to it boy!! grin
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by babyboy3(m): 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
CFCfan:

Top 10 cool

Beauty yes because its new, but as a world class football stadium, not even close because its a 30k multi purpose stadium, whereas we have well over 50 stadiums in Africa that holds between 40k - 95k capacity. Its a beautiful piece of work, They could have pushed the boat and built a 50k Stadium. Because its not big enough to host the All African games
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
babyboy3:

Beauty yes because its new, but as a world class football stadium, not even close because its a 30k multi purpose stadium, whereas we have well over 50 stadiums in Africa that holds between 40k - 95k capacity. Its a beautiful piece of work, They could have pushed the boat and built a 50k Stadium. Because its not big enough to host the All African games
The Uyo stadium is expandable to 60,000
Re: Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
omar22:
I dont know why the NFA took an international game to a stadium thats in the middle of nowhere?

and 30k capacity, is that the best Nigeria could come up with?

Akwa Ibom or Uyo is not a football crazy city and its not central for all the fans to get to..

Nigeria needs a stadium that will create a hostile atmosphere for the opposition, not one that will make our opponent feel like they are playing at home.

guy name ur state n lets bring d match there..... mumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 / Ajegunle Names Astro Turf Mini Stadium And Park After Odion Ighalo / David Abraham Knocks Out Christian Streich During Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.