Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! (44661 Views)

How Sex Can Improve Your Marital Happiness / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
It is very disheartening and amazing, yet trending on how many couples are cheating on each other after they have made a public vow to stick and be faithful to their partner in the presence of God and everyone present at the solemnization of marriage/wedding ceremony.
Many people are no longer ashamed to cheat on their spouses, infact, to some it's like a thing to be proud of when breaking the marital vow.
In the holy book i believe in, it is written therein that, it is better not to make a vow than to make it and not fulfilling it.
While discussing about it with someone, he said maybe those involved in cheating on their partners aint aware that they're breaking any vow, which makes them not better than a betrayer. I think at this junction, we need to examine the vow made by the couple to each other on their wedding day and see if it's different from making a vow..........

To the groom........the officiating minister(either in church or court) asks.....do you (groom's names) promise to take this woman(bride's names) as your legally and only wife, to love and care for in health and sickness, in wealth and poverty, for better and for worse, and also to forsake other women, till death do you part? And the man answers...........Yes, i do!

To the bride.......the officiating minister (either in church or court) asks...........do you(bride's names) take this man(groom's names) as your legal and only husband to love and care, in health and sickness, wealth and poverty, for better and for worse, and also forsaking other men, till death do you part? And the woman answers..........Yes, i do.

If this is not a vow, i wonder what it is.
It is high time people start taking their marriages serious, everybody knows him/herself very well, if you know that you have problem keeping to your marriage vow, then, please remain single, it's better than making a vow and not keeping it.
I don't know the party that is more involved, be it husbands or wives, but please, if you're into extra-marital affairs, please, stop and retrace your steps. Also, if you're planning to get married, ensure and decide to keep to your marital vow, and as you're doing so, you're doing yourself a lot of good as well as putting a stop to all ridiculous stories we hear and read about couples cheating on each other.

Apart from the fact that cheating on one's spouse is unhealthy in every aspect one may look at it, it is also full of regrets at the end of it all.

Before i stop..........a food for thought for us all, treat your spouse the way you want him/her to treat you.

If you're a man, and you're cheating on your wife, how will you feel if it's your wife that is cheating on you?

If you're a woman, and you're cheating on your husband, how will you feel if it's your husband that is cheating on you?

May God help us all.

102 Likes 14 Shares

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by money121(m): 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
Kudos to the op

Am comin back to comment weller

if this Topic no hit front page...

Make i turn W

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
And has done it again! very nice thread cheesy

I also wonder undecided

Children out of wedlock are not as stigmatized as before so I don't know why he/she cannot have one or two kids and keep sleeping around

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by okotv(m): 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
in other words, cheating a married partner is wrong but sleeping around can be tolerated as long as you are not married

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by blueberryp: 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
Truth! Mayb if we got more advice addressing both genders, a lot more marriages will be saved. We keep teaching girls how to be decent and women how to keep the marriage but we forget that marriage is between two people. No matter how hard one partner is trying if the other partner isn't putting in just as much effort nothing will work.
We need more advice to men on how to be decent, how to keep their marriages and how to make their wife truly happy.
We have been advicing women since I can remember and yet divorce rates keep climbing. This means we are doing something wrong so let's start advicing the men, probably things will change, who knows

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
bukatyne:
And has done it again! very nice thread cheesy

I also wonder undecided

Children out of wedlock are not as stigmatized as before so I don't know why he/she cannot have one or two kids and keep sleeping around

thank you my sister.
Anyone who can't keep to his/her marital vow but desire to have kids can achieve it without necessarily committing him/herself to any vow.
For men, they can achieve their desire through surrogacy and for women, they can achieve it through anonimous sper*m donation........and every one is happy without causing anybody the heartache of infidelity.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
money121:
Kudos to the op

Am comin back to comment weller

if this Topic no hit front page...

Make i turn W

lol....
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
greatgod2012:

thank you my sister.
Anyone who can't keep to his/her marital vow but desire to have kids can achieve it without necessarily committing him/herself to any vow.
For men, they can achieve their desire through surrogacy and for women, they can achieve it through anonimous sper*m donation........and every one is happy without causing anybody the heartache of infidelity.

It is well cheesy
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Pavore9: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
Some see nothing wrong in not keeping the marital vows, thinking they can mock God and still live a fulfilling life! Society is encouraging infidelity with justifications that variety is the spice of life ignoring the truth that it leads to regrets!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by pickabeau1: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
okotv:
in other words, cheating a married partner is wrong but sleeping around can be tolerated as long as you are not married

grin grin grin grin

As you can see only sin in marriage is sin where women r concerned

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Acidosis(m): 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
I really don't have problems with people who cheat wholeheartedly; my anger tilts towards those who call cheating: a MISTAKE, TEMPTATION, DEVIL'S WORK, 'FELL FOR HIM/HER', etc.

If you want to cheat, please tell your spouse you want to CHEAT; Don't go falling for that tall dark-skin dude with pink lips in your workplace (after getting married to a rich, but extraordinarily short albino).

26 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
okotv:

No offence my brother, did you read the body of the thread at all
And if you did and that is your own interpretation to it, then, goodluck.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
okotv:

You know that is not what we are saying

Everybody has the freewill to sleep around or not and nobody including God can take it away

However, you take a vow to be faithful to spouse and you are expected to keep it. If you can't, please don't bother and keep playing the field

P.S.: The rightness or not of sleeping around is outside the scope of this thread

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
pickabeau1:

grin grin grin grin

As you can see only sin in marriage is sin where women r concerned

is that how you also see it?

See, i'm not talking about sins generally here, i'm taking about keeping to your marital vow if you're married or intend to marry.
We all know that sins is against anything good or of good report, and we also are aware of its consequences, its effect, but that's not the subject matter in this thread, infidelity in marriage is what this thread is about, not whether some sins are good while some are bad.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
bukatyne:

You know that is not what we are saying

Everybody has the freewill to sleep around or not and nobody including God can take it away

However, you take a vow to be faithful to spouse and you are expected to keep it. If you can't, please don't bother and keep playing the field

P.S.: The rightness or not of sleeping around is outside the scope of this thread

thank you o.
I honestly don't know why some people intentionally twist obvious facts.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by pickabeau1: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
greatgod2012:

is that how you also see it?

See, i'm not talking about sins generally here, i'm taking about keeping to your marital vow if you're married or intend to marry.
We all know that sins is against anything good or of good report, and we also are aware of its consequences, its effect, but that's not the subject matter in this thread, infidelity in marriage is what this thread is about, not whether some sins are good while some are bad.
Thanks.

All sin is sin

According to Christian theology there should be no difference between adultery and fornication

Moreover the bible allows for divorce in the event of infidelity or adultery

More naija people should exercise that option like our counterparts in the West.

Too many cheating threads everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
Duly noted...
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by okotv(m): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
greatgod2012:

No offence my brother, did you read the body of the thread at all
And if you did and that is your own interpretation to it, then, goodluck.
I take offence cause you wanted to say this but started off calling me your brother....haba now my sister...if you are a Christian you had better not support sin of any kind
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by okotv(m): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
pickabeau1:

All sin is sin

According to Christian theology there should be no difference between adultery and fornication

More naija people should exercise that option like our counterparts in the West.

wrong...the bible only allows for divorce in case of fornication not adultery....read and understand the scriptures

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
pickabeau1:

All sin is sin

thank you!
Divorce is another good option in case of infidelity and abuse.
Believe me, i will gladly go for divorce(God forbid) if my spouse turns a cheat than suffering from several heartaches and fear from STDs, which means the person involved or affected has chosen to reverse to singlehood.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by okotv(m): 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
greatgod2012:

thank you o.
cheesy
greatgod2012:

thank you o.
my sister, since when did I become some people now ?
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by money121(m): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
@op please ca i post this on my blog??

Www.gistmelove . Com

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by pickabeau1: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
okotv:
wrong...the bible only allows for divorce in case of fornication not adultery....read and understand the scriptures

Can you explain further please
Can a married person fornicate

greatgod2012:

thank you!
Divorce is another good option in case of infidelity and abuse.
Believe me, i will gladly go for divorce(God forbid) if my spouse turns a cheat than suffering from several heartaches and fear from STDs, which means the person involved or affected has chosen to reverse to singlehood.

True...too many STIs these days
Our ancestors had no such problems though...lol
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
money121:
@op please ca i post this on my blog??

Www.gistmelove . Com

feel free!
Life is too short!

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
okotv:
:Dmy sister, since when did I become some people now ?

lol cheesy
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by okotv(m): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
pickabeau1:

Can you explain further please
Can a married person fornicate

True...too many STIs these days
Our ancestors had no such problems though...lol
simple...if the wife is not a virgin but you could forgive and move on
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by pickabeau1: 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
okotv:
simple...if the wife is not a virgin but you could forgive and move on

Explain... How can a married woman be a virgin

Can you explain why u say divorce is not allowed in cases of adultery but fornication
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by money121(m): 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
greatgod2012:

feel free!
Life is too short!

hmmm dis op na better pikin oooo...

More kudos to ur elbow...
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by okotv(m): 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
greatgod2012:

lol cheesy
I have great respect for your comments in the family section and I respect you as a mother...a faceless forum breeds disrespect but my person I cannot lose....
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by rolled: 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
Cheating on your wife actually makes you love her more

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
okotv:
I have great respect for your comments in the family section and I respect you as a mother...a faceless forum breeds disrespect but my person I cannot lose....

thanks!
I'm humbled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How I Got Back At My Cheating Nigerian Husband - US Based Lady (pix/video) / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.