Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... (114636 Views)

Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports / Tubers Of Yam With Human Shape / Amazing Pic Of Yam Tubers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by coolscott(m): 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
sonnie10:

Let us know if you received your yams or not. Third party review is always helpful. Thanks
I received my yams days ago.
Just have not been here.
I have sold all my yams.
I want to order more.
Sorry. Should have updated earlier
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by sonnie10: 2:18am On Dec 20, 2014
coolscott:

I received my yams days ago.
Just have not been here.
I have sold all my yams.
I want to order more.
Sorry. Should have updated earlier

Eyes way see deal ...
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 20, 2014
Lolz @sonnice10 hope u are convinced now that Corper lekan delivers? Atleast @scott gave u a good reply.

By God's grace business of Yam Tubers transport to various destination will resume fully after this holidays precisely 1st week of January 2015.

Also I would like to inform everyone that come next year April tubers of yam will be in great scarcity so for those in buying already we should prepare for purchase to store when those time comes.

Have a splendid festive season!!!

Corper Lekan
07034617082(whatsapp preferably)
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by sonnie10: 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
Tbliss12:
Lolz @sonnice10 hope u are convinced now that Corper lekan delivers? Atleast @scott gave u a good reply.

By God's grace business of Yam Tubers transport to various destination will resume fully after this holidays precisely 1st week of January 2015.

Also I would like to inform everyone that come next year April tubers of yam will be in great scarcity so for those in buying already we should prepare for purchase to store when those time comes.

Have a splendid festive season!!!

Corper Lekan
07034617082(whatsapp preferably)

Do you know how to preserve yam? At least for 4-6 months.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
sonnie10:

Do you know how to preserve yam? At least for 4-6 months.

That's my next line of action now cos its just to mingle with the farmers in benue and learn from them how they do it. Come January this will be solved don't worry!!! @least d scarcity will begin April ooo but its cool to plan ahead!!!

Corper lekan
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by justi4jesu(f): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2014
Tbliss12:

That's my next line of action now cos its just to mingle with the farmers in benue and learn from them how they do it. Come January this will be solved don't worry!!! @least d scarcity will begin April ooo but its cool to plan ahead!!!

Corper lekan

Hello Mr Corper send me your account details on whatsapp asap. Need my yam delivered before Xmas. Hope before 25th for delivery is achievable.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
@just4jesu the account will be sent as soon as I resume purchase of yam tubers in benue possibly next week then my purchases will be done 1st week of January

Sowie for the inconveniences I'm presently in lagos to settle some other things.

Corper lekan!!
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by justi4jesu(f): 6:35am On Dec 22, 2014
Tbliss12:
@just4jesu the account will be sent as soon as I resume purchase of yam tubers in benue possibly next week then my purchases will be done 1st week of January

Sowie for the inconveniences I'm presently in lagos to settle some other things.

Corper lekan!!

No problem thanks.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy New Year!! May this new year usher in great things beyond our expectations and may we continue to leave under the shadow of the Almighty God.

God bless Nigeria!!

God bless NL Users!!

By weekend I will be back fully in Benue State.......

Corper Lekan!!!
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2015
Hello great people on nairaland I believe alot of people already wrote their new year resolutions.

Its another beautiful year and would you love to venture into agro biz like purchase of yam tubers, melon seed and groundnut at cheaper price @Benue where I'm currently serving and sell @your location for profit.

last year had been a great year for those who gave it a trial especially the yam tubers like someone in my group room now on whatsapp currently on 500 tubers+ sent to PH nd guess what he doesn't even stays there but got someone to sell for him.

Also another still in PH on 200+ planning to expand soon.

Information just reaching my desk now from a man working on export of tubers to the united kingdom, he just confirmed that its very possible to ship in these tubers to UK. so for Nigerians in the UK its an opportunity to do biz over there.

Corper lekan is back to serve you guys in Benue by purchasing your yam tubers for you, putting it on truck and you get it in your state no extra fee just the purchasing fee and transport fee.

Break down:

Smallest Tubers: 6-7k + 3000(transport fee) sells for 120naira 4 one

Smaller Tubers: 9k + 3,500(transport fee) sells for 150naira 4 one

Big Tubers : 12k + 3500(transport fee) sells 200naira for one

Bigger 1 Tubers : 14-15k + 3500(transport fee)sells for 250naira for one

Bigger 2 Tubers : 18-19k + 3500(transport fee)sells for 30-350naira for 1

Biggest Tubers : 22k to 25k + 3500(transport fee) sells for 450 to 500naira for one.

Note: The transport fee is per 100tubers and please don't try to buy below 1000tubers for bulk sales because u won't make profit.

When you make your first purchase for sales @your location I will add you to my whatsapp biz group to share your experience and methods

These are the location currently with trucks:
1. Lagos state
2. Portharcourt
3. warri- delta state
4. Enugu

for other states on currently working on:
Benin-Edo State and Osun state.

Corper lekan
(whatsapp preferably)
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by born2wyn(f): 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
@tbliss pls i wuld like to knw d type of yam cos some one from benue told me dat i can get onitsha yam,paper yam and gboko yam.are the prices d same?cos i want onitsha yam,100 to test the market
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by willyede(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
Tbliss12:
Hello great people on nairaland I believe alot of people already wrote their new year resolutions.
Its another beautiful year and would you love to venture into agro biz like purchase of yam tubers, melon seed and groundnut at cheaper price @Benue where I'm currently serving and sell @your location for profit.
last year had been a great year for those who gave it a trial especially the yam tubers like someone in my group room now on whatsapp currently on 500 tubers+ sent to PH nd guess what he doesn't even stays there but got someone to sell for him.
Information just reaching my desk now from a man working on export of tubers to the united kingdom, he just confirmed that its very possible to ship in these tubers to UK. so for Nigerians in the UK its an opportunity to do biz over there.
Corper lekan is back to serve you guys in Benue by purchasing your yam tubers for you, putting it on truck and you get it in your state no extra fee just the purchasing fee and transport fee.
Break down:
Biggest Tubers : 22k to 25k + 3500(transport fee) sells for 450 to 500naira for one.
Note: The transport fee is per 100tubers and please don't try to buy below 1000tubers for bulk sales because u won't make profit.
When you make your first purchase for sales @your location I will add you to my whatsapp biz group to share your experience and methods
1. Lagos state
2. Portharcourt
3. warri- delta state
4. Enugu
Corper lekan
(whatsapp preferably)
Tbliss12:
Break down:
1. Lagos state
2. Portharcourt
3. warri- delta state
4. Enugu
Corper lekan
(whatsapp preferably)
I am almost half way with the port sales as i am also waiting for the outcome of the benin axis
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
born2wyn:
@tbliss pls i wuld like to knw d type of yam cos some one from benue told me dat i can get onitsha yam,paper yam and gboko yam.are the prices d same?cos i want onitsha yam,100 to test the market

sorry for late response well d major 3 variety common here is "ogoja", "punch" and paper yam so which ever you prefer but Lagos loves ogoja while portharcourt loves paper yams. just contact me for picture clarification via whatsapp
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
willyede:

I am almost half way with the port sales as i am also waiting for the outcome of the benin axis

Yes boss I love your spirit man! Benin axis will be decided did week cos I will really mount great pressure on the charter man of the market.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
justi4jesu:

No problem thanks.

Hello ma in back in Benue for all Yam Tubers Purchase!!!
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by justi4jesu(f): 7:34am On Jan 06, 2015
Tbliss12:

Hello ma in back in Benue for all Yam Tubers Purchase!!!

Noted.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by krystal101(f): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hi Lekan, I sent you a msg on whatsapp. I'm in Lagos,I'd prefer the papar yam. Pls add me & lemme see pics for clarity, while search for a big space.

Anticipating your response
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by AreaFada2: 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Tbliss12:

Yes boss I love your spirit man! Benin axis will be decided did week cos I will really mount great pressure on the charter man of the market.

Able corper, Happy New Year. Good to hear about Benin axis coming up soon.

Abeg, out of paper yam, Ogoja yam and Gboko yam, punch yam, which is best to make pounded yam (texture wise) and which is best to eat taste wise like potato?
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
AreaFada2:

Able corper, Happy New Year. Good to hear about Benin axis coming up soon.

Abeg, out of paper yam, Ogoja yam and Gboko yam, punch yam, which is best to make pounded yam (texture wise) and which is best to eat taste wise like potato?

ogoja is okay for pounded yam because here in benue they pound ogoja more... for the remaining questions i will make enquiry.

Corper Lekan
(whatsapp preferably)
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
krystal101:
Hi Lekan, I sent you a msg on whatsapp. I'm in Lagos,I'd prefer the papar yam. Pls add me & lemme see pics for clarity, while search for a big space.

Anticipating your response

pls resend the whatsapp message because I have a lot of contacts on my whatsapp list already. so that I can send you sample of paper yams but from the market women buying from benue they confirm that "Lagos" consumers prefers "ogoja" yam tubers to paper yams.

Corper Lekan
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by AreaFada2: 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
Tbliss12:

ogoja is okay for pounded yam because here in benue they pound ogoja more... for the remaining questions i will make enquiry.

Corper Lekan
(whatsapp preferably)

Thanks sir.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by NixandaStores(m): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hello,
Is there anyone out here doing exportation of Nigerian food items to the UK or Europe?

Do you know yam tubers can be exported?

Please I will like to here from you.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by AreaFada2: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
NixandaStores:
Hello,
Is there anyone out here doing exportation of Nigerian food items to the UK or Europe?

Do you know yam tubers can be exported?

Please I will like to here from you.

Sure yam is popular among Africans/Caribbean in UK & Europe.
I'd like to know about export of both yam & Elubo too.

I have tried asking sellers but they seem not willing to reveal their export/supply sources.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by NixandaStores(m): 12:47am On Jan 07, 2015
AreaFada2:

Sure yam is popular among Africans/Caribbean in UK & Europe.
I'd like to know about export of both yam & Elubo too.

I have tried asking sellers but they seem not willing to reveal their export/supply sources.

An export agent has just confirmed that yam tuber and elubo can be exported to the UK.

If we can get contacts for buyers in the UK we can start a next level business.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by AreaFada2: 12:56am On Jan 07, 2015
NixandaStores:

An export agent has just confirmed that yam tuber and elubo can be exported to the UK.

If we can get contacts for buyers in the UK we can start a next level business.

Oh nice, can he/agent explain the procedure/Process? Costs, paper work etc?
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by NixandaStores(m): 1:09am On Jan 07, 2015
AreaFada2:

My email: area.fada@yahoo.com

OK boss its late now so I will communicate with him tomorrow morning to get all the details in full then I will send it to you.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 07, 2015
Great job @Nixandastore its really gona be a great next level exporting from Nigeria down to the UK because the last time I got a guy from UK via whatsapp he told me that there in UK the smallest tubers goes for £4.00 that's pretty 1000naira plus.

All we need to do is just wire the tubers down to Lagos state from Benue state then from mile-12 to Muritala Mohammed Airport (Cargo Section) then after passing through all the clearance proceedings then off to the United Kingdom..... That's all

This same smallest tuber you can get here in Benue state for N7,000 for 100pc meaning 70naira for 1piece can you imagine that margin?

so @Nixandastore we need the whole gist as regards the paper works and everything it will require to get these tubers to the UK because Nigerians over there are really starving of great tubers and also spending to much on tubers over there.

So to everyone in the UK looking for how to get great tubers there for business I think this is a sure link via Nixanderstore info, let's wait for his response soonest.

God Bless Naija Youth!!

God Bless Nigeria!!

Corper Lekan
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 07, 2015
AreaFada2:

My email: area.fada@yahoo.com

@AreaFada pls next try edit your post and remove that your email to avoid falling into the hands of this 419guys they are everywhere ooooo seeking for who to scam oooo
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by NixandaStores(m): 7:31am On Jan 07, 2015
Tbliss12:
Great job @Nixandastore its really gona be a great next level exporting from Nigeria down to the UK because the last time I got a guy from UK via whatsapp he told me that there in UK the smallest tubers goes for £4.00 that's pretty 1000naira plus.

All we need to do is just wire the tubers down to Lagos state from Benue state then from mile-12 to Muritala Mohammed Airport (Cargo Section) then after passing through all the clearance proceedings then off to the United Kingdom..... That's all

This same smallest tuber you can get here in Benue state for N7,000 for 100pc meaning 70naira for 1piece can you imagine that margin?

so @Nixandastore we need the whole gist as regards the paper works and everything it will require to get these tubers to the UK because Nigerians over there are really starving of great tubers and also spending to much on tubers over there.

So to everyone in the UK looking for how to get great tubers there for business I think this is a sure link via Nixanderstore info, let's wait for his response soonest.

God Bless Naija Youth!!

God Bless Nigeria!!

Corper Lekan

Nice one bro, you can imagine the profit margin. I am working on all the information so I will throw it out on the table once the agent has sent it to me this morning.
May God bless the works of our hands.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by NixandaStores(m): 8:41am On Jan 07, 2015
Tbliss12:

God Bless Naija Youth!!

God Bless Nigeria!!

Corper Lekan

OK guys here is the information the agent just gave me:
Firstly we need to know the total amount in KG of the goods and secondly we need to know which of the airports will best suit the persons picking it over there.
With this information the airline company will be able to accurately ascertain the freight rate from their database.

Once this has been done, it is the duty of the agent to take care of any paperwork required which he says is not much of a big deal as its just more of normal documents to show you are the owner of the products as well as that of the receiver over there. Documents will also be attached to indicate that the product not one as such banned by the EU regulatory body.

Less I forget, the agent will give an airway bill after everything is completed which you will scan and send to the receiver in the UK.

DATS ALL... According to my oga at the top
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by AreaFada2: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2015
Thanx @ Nixander.

The info is good.

I think what we need to do is look for how to sell wholesale in UK. Profit might be less but supplying bulk will make up for it.

As for retail price per tuber, it depends on location/town/city.

In London, average to small sized tubers, you get 3 for £5. Of course you will pay more in Oxford or Co Antrim, but yam eaters are fewer in those places. So one needs to have this in perspective.

I have always thought the higher cost in Europe is due to freight cost. The maths needs to add up first.

@ Lekan, yam is not really scarce in UK as the UK guy said, at least not in places like London, Manchester, Birmingham, etc.
I think to have a relative advantage, price & quality of yams will matter.
Re: Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... by NixandaStores(m): 10:02am On Jan 07, 2015
AreaFada2:
Thanx @ Nixander.

The info is good.

I think what we need to do is look for how to sell wholesale in UK. Profit might be less but supplying bulk will make up for it.

As for retail price per tuber, it depends on location/town/city.

In London, average to small sized tubers, you get 3 for £5. Of course you will pay more in Oxford or Co Antrim, but yam eaters are fewer in those places. So one needs to have this in perspective.

I have always thought the higher cost in Europe is due to freight cost. The maths needs to add up first.

@ Lekan, yam is not really scarce in UK as the UK guy said, at least not in places like London, Manchester, Birmingham, etc.
I think to have a relative advantage, price & quality of yams will matter.

I think I get your point sir. The area would really differ. If only we can get people in different other places like Coventry, Leicester, Nottingham and so on, I know there are lots on Nigerians there but this item is scarce.

Let's try and get the weight of a tuber of yam and approximate how many kg 100 tubers will be so that I can ask the agent to give an estimate of the cost of freight. By so we can put heads together to calculate the price margin. I must say I like your idea of doing wholesale price even if the profit margin would be low. There is nothing as good as when you start having steady orders in bulk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Medication/vaccination Time Table For Poultry / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.