Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. (23138 Views)

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Buying And Selling Of Human Beings- Is This Supposed To Be Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It already is in full progress.
The never ending debates on NL are one of the many signs that it is.
As long as people are talking about it, something is happening.
Yes it is in progress but like I said in d nx 600 years.don't people campaign abt racism and most guys campaign 4 it but feminism only abt 60 percent are in support.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It already is in full progress.
The never ending debates on NL are one of the many signs that it is.
As long as people are talking about it, something is happening.
Yes it is in progress but like I said it will b achieved
in d nx 600 years.don't people campaign abt racism and most guys campaign 4 it but feminism only abt 60 percent are in support.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

Yes it is in progress but like I said it will b achieved
in d nx 600 years.don't people campaign abt racism and most guys campaign 4 it but feminism only abt 60 percent are in support.

You are comparing apples to oranges but anyway, people don't campaign for racism but against racism and these campaigns have been very successful.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Shirley07: 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

ok.. we have different understanding then.. no problem

Yes in the same kingdom there is order.
He appeared to 12 and from there 70
The 12 became the apostles and fed the sheep

On your point on master-servant, there is hierachy whether it sounds palatable to you or not

Even in jesus's parables he spoke of the Good Lord who sent people to the vine

As an employee, your employer is your master
As a follower of Christ, Christ is your master ... or do u not agree

The people in that parable are the ministers of God sent out to capture souls for God.
And no, the first person Christ appeared to was Mary Madgalene.
That said, Christ is my Lord but I'm no slave, rather I'm God's child.
And if you don't understand what Paul wrote, let me tell you what he said. According to Paul, African are better off being a submissive trembling slave to their white master than fighting for their freedom.
And whatever you're saying doesn't change the fact that Paul said Eve was the sinner, not Adam and it's by childbearing, a woman can be saved which contradict Christ's. Stop your sugarcoating.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by pickabeau1: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Shirley07:

The people in that parable are the ministers of God sent out to capture souls for God.
And no, the first person Christ appeared to was Mary Madgalene.
That said, Christ is my Lord but I'm no slave, rather I'm God's child.
And if you don't understand what Paul wrote, let me tell you what he said. According to Paul, African are better off being a submissive trembling slave to their white master than fighting for their freedom.
And whatever you're saying doesn't change the fact that Paul said Eve was the sinner, not Adam and it's by childbearing, a woman can be saved which contradict Christ's. Stop your sugarcoating.

Jesus appeared to Mary?
I guess you r referring to the time after his resurrection

I was referring to when he left the wilderness

He chose 12 disciples who later became his apostles

On the issue of the parables meaning those who are ministers, are the ministers not answerable to who sent them as stewards should be?
It is required that stewards be faithful

On the issue of your intepretation of Paul.. i hear you
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Shirley07: 7:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

Jesus appeared to Mary?

On the issue of the parables meaning those who are ministers, are the ministers not answerable to who sent them as stewards should be?

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Shirley07: 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

Jesus appeared to Mary?

Christ chose the 12 disciples signifying the 12 tribes. I don't actually understand what you're implying here but let me tell you what I think. There's absolute no way Christ would have chosen a woman among because the disciples were required to undergo many stress and uncomfortable activities like sleeping in the wilderness/rock, moving from place to place, wadding on boats and not to forget that if one or two women were to be in their midst, they would lose focus. However, Christ had more than 12 followers in the end and these followers includes women such as Mary Madgalene, Lazarus' sister and not to forget his mother, Mary e.t.c.
And what do you mean by answerable to him? If your father sent you an errand, won't you do it? But if you're implying master and slave relationship, my answer is emphatic no.
Lastly, I will say it's not my interpretation. It's what Paul said.

2 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by pickabeau1: 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Christ chose the 12 disciples signifying the 12 tribes. I don't actually understand what you're implying here but let me tell you what I think. There's absolute no way Christ would have chosen a woman among because the disciples were required to undergo many stress and uncomfortable activities like sleeping in the wilderness/rock, moving from place to place, wadding on boats and not to forget that if one or two women were to be in their midst, they would lose focus. However, Christ had more than 12 followers in the end and these followers includes women such as Mary Madgalene, Lazarus' sister and not to forget his mother, Mary e.t.c.
And what do you mean by answerable to him? If your father sent you an errand, won't you do it? But if you're implying master and slave relationship, my answer is emphatic no.
Lastly, I will say it's not my interpretation. It's what Paul said.

You are the one bringing slavery here

The point is there is a hierarchy in Gods kingdom as he is a God of order

Father Son Spirit Archangel angel

I don't know what u r trying to way that there is no hierarchy in the kingdom
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
From a Christian perspective, when man sin God punished man and woman. The punishment of woman is that man will rule over her and pains during child birth. U can't believe in one and not d other.

From evolution perspective, only d strong survive. Most males are stronger than d females but d female dat survive rule.

So if u want equality work for it and not just say it.
On d average men are stronger, smarter than women. The best may b a woman but out of 50, 38 are men.

So it is and so it shall be. tongue
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by pickabeau1: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
^^^^Lol

Very funny way u put it

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:
From a Christian perspective, when man sin God punished man and woman. The punishment of woman is that man will rule over her and pains during child birth. U can't believe in one and not d other.

From evolution perspective, only d strong survive. Most males are stronger than d females but d female dat survive rule.

So if u want equality work for it and not just say it.
On d average men are stronger, smarter than women. The best may b a woman but out of 50, 38 are men.

So it is and so it shall be. tongue

Do you think this comment was smart?

2 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Well I quess u are smarter. Disprove any of d point I made.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Get out of my head this evening angry cheesy

Men stronger and smarter than women? I laugh in swahili grin

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
alutacontinua:

Get out of my head this evening angry cheesy

Men stronger and smarter than women? I laugh in swahili grin

I laugh in Zulu.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Shirley07: 8:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

You are the one bringing slavery here

The point is there is a hierarchy in Gods kingdom as he is a God of order

Father Son Spirit Archangel angel

I don't know what u r trying to way that there is no hierarchy in the kingdom
There was no hierarchy when God created man and woman until man sinned. Even then, Christ's death has liberated us from every curse and sin.
Let look at it this way, in the old testament, men were allowed to have more than one and divorce anyhow without any consequence because they were made the head. However, Christ rejected such notion and went back to the purpose of creation. When he was asked, he said 'In the beginning...'. He didn't say after man sinned and in the beginning, the purpose of female creation for a male was for companionship and not for him to rule over. In the end, Christ death wiped that curse away and I remain a free woman.
Let me also tell you that there's no hierarchy between God, the Son and the Holy Spirit. They shares the same body and same communion, eventhough they are different being. For example, God does whatever Christ tells him and vice versa, same with the Holy Spirit. Nobody commands anyone, they are one body, the way husband and wives should be because they have become one.
As for the Angels and Archangels, they are God's creations.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

Ever since the number of females in secondary and tertiary education has increased in some countries, women have been outperforming their male counterparts.

So much for men are generally smarter.

The evolution theory does not say that the stronger survive but that the fitter do.
History shows that men and women have been surviving in the same way and the women who survived were not all rulers, in fact, most of them were not.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Shirley07: 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

Women are definately smarter.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by pickabeau1: 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
Shirley07:

There was no hierarchy when God created man and woman until man sinned. Even then, Christ's death has liberated us from every curse and sin.
Let look at it this way, in the old testament, men were allowed to have more than one and divorce anyhow without any consequence because they were made the head. However, Christ rejected such notion and went back to the purpose of creation. When he was asked, he said 'In the beginning...'. He didn't say after man sinned and in the beginning, the purpose of female creation for a male was for companionship and not for him to rule over. In the end, Christ death wiped that curse away and I remain a free woman.
Let me also tell you that there's no hierarchy between God, the Son and the Holy Spirit. They shares the same body and same communion, eventhough they are different being. For example, God does whatever Christ tells him and vice versa, same with the Holy Spirit. Nobody commands anyone, they are one body, the way husband and wives should be because they have become one.
As for the Angels and Archangels, they are God's creations.

ok...all is well
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 8:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Women are definately smarter.

Some Women are smarter no doubt but on d average men are smarter. Compare d innovation and discovery of men and women. I used my environment as d case study. U can research if u like.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

Some Women are a smart no doubt but on d average men are smarter. Compare d innovation and discovery of men and women. I used my environment as d case study. U can research if u like.

First of all, educate yourself on the inventions made by women.

Secondly, you should also consider that women have been excluded from education for centuries which made it very difficult for them to contribute.

Thirdly, women have faced many hurdles receiving credit for their inventions. They were not allowed to own property and therefore they were not allowed to obtain patents for their inventions for a very loooooooong time, even in Europe. Consequently, some of the female inventions were obtained in the name of their fathers or husbands.

2 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Shirley07: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

ok...all is well
You and ok... Ok don bath? Mtcheww.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by pickabeau1: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
Shirley07:

You and ok... Ok don bath? Mtcheww.

Lol...why d hiss....
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

First of all, educate yourself on the inventions made by women.

Secondly, you should also consider that women have been excluded from education for centuries which made it very difficult for them to contribute.

Thirdly, women have faced many hurdles receiving credit for their inventions. They were not allowed to own property and therefore they were not allowed to obtain patents for their inventions for a very loooooooong time, even in Europe. Consequently, some of the female inventions were obtained in the name of their fathers or husbands.

Yet we still heard about some prominent women some even collected Nobel award. What were d rest doing. Like I said speaking only won't solve it.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

Yet we still heard about some prominent women some even collected Nobel award. What were d rest doing. Like I said speaking only won't solve it.

Since women were given equal chances in some parts of the world, they have been outperforming men. Yet, I would NOT make such an ignorant remark that intelligence is determined by gender.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Since women were given equal chances in some parts of the world, they have been outperforming men. Yet, I would NOT make such an ignorant remark that intelligence is determined by gender.

It is results that brought me to dat conclusion.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

It is results that brought me to dat conclusion.

wHICH RESULTS?
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

wHICH RESULTS?

Visible Contributions to d environment.google will help u wit dat.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

Visible Contributions to d environment.google will help u wit dat.

When people do not know how to back up their gibberish, they tell other people to google to find proof for the gibberish they produced.
Do you think this is smart?

3 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

When people do not know how to back up their gibberish, they tell other people to google to find prove for the gibberish they produced.
Do you think this is smart?

Like I said b4 u must be smarter dan me. See u wen u achieved feminism. Once again goodluck wit ur struggle.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

Like I said b4 u must be smarter dan me. See u wen u achieved feminism. Once again goodluck wit ur struggle.

I am not struggling at all.
I live in a country where most people would be ashamed to say what you have written here.

I am allergic to stvpitd comments, this is all.

2 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by aderonila18: 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
As the OP has noted the problem starts from homes. You tell your daughter to wash your sons clothes even if they are almost the same age, you expect the girl to help in preparing food while the boy seats on his bum watching TV, the house is untidy and you tell your daughter to tidy it even though your son took part in creating the mess.....

That is the problem, from childhood boys in these region are raised to think that their sisters and in turn all women are their slaves

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by swaggzo(m): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

carry on sweet... Keep schooling them for me!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Me And My Twin Brother / Couples Not Staying Together / Anambra State Government Releases Statement On Alleged Child Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.