Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,170 members, 7,842,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC (4901 Views)

Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test / VIDEO: Rev.fr Mbaka's Preaching About How Goodluck Jonathan Has Failed Nigeria / The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by onuebonyi: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
kuderrich:
nw I knw wat ur problem is,dnt be a tribalist, nigeria is one. The 4th citizen of this country is frm ur zone,yet u're nt contented. D ibo's in lagos nd portharcourt,won't dey enjoy d rail system dat was bn revive,or won't they enjoy d remodelling of d airports,d good roads dat is bn constructed won't dey ply it? Guy u seriously need re-orientation. GEJ till 2019

lies! where are the rails?
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Gbawe: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
onuebonyi:

thank you my brother.

The guy is worse than a lunatic !!!! Jeez !!!! We can all host political affiliation passionately but that does not mean we say crazy and senseless things to validate our position. It is the PDP that has failed Nigeria over more than 15 years. There is no way to spin that fact or attempt to tarnish others just to make the failed ruling Party look good.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
[size=15pt]APC cannot manage the little region (south west) allocated to them, is it now a whole country that they can manage??

The devil we know is better than the Angel we dont know.[/size]

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by ayindejimmy(m): 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gboliwe:

Are you okay at all? I said if you vote APC, theres a very high probability that you are voting a once-upon-a time PDP member who according to you ruined Nigeria. Why would you wanna do that? You want the circle to continue?
wat do u call wat Gej's PDP is doin now in ur Dic., revitalizin Ng? Plz, jus take a seat. The choice Buhari he has a gud track record and was never a PDP

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by onuebonyi: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
there is no way pdp will win 2015 election with the level of poverty in the land.

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by kuderrich: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
ayindejimmy:

how does all wat u'v listed positivly affect d price of garri, accomodatn, transportatn , educatn, etc.
Okonjo mentiond all those everytyme but its all jus theoritical achivemnt when its doesnt add any significant value to the standard of living of d common man who's at the centre point of democracy. We wanna see/feel their achievmnts m d streets, in our homes and body. Its dat too much to ask?
tank u my brother,u were able to afford a browsing fone cos it's cheap and u av access to it,tanx to d opening up of our economy,wit jst 1.2M u can own a brand new car,we don't need to pay as high as #2b annually for importing food anymore cos of d transformation of our agric sector,it's a gradual process, our own obj spent 8yrs in power yet he cried wen leaving office wen he said he failed nigerians wit generation of electricity,nw everytin is making sense,we need to support d continuity of dis government.

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Gbawe: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
Billyonaire:
The OP is a kid. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has received 1.5 billion oil deal between Oando Plc and ConocoPhillips in the upstream sector from the present administration.

The meeting of Tinubu with OBJ was to present OBJ as the major opposition to Atiku's presidency. Buhari is just another pun the game of political chess of this country.

As for the little rabbits called Cramkjokes, Berem and Gbawe they dont know anything about the inner workings of APC as an instrument for bargaining by the Lion of Bourdillon, I laugh at you all who think that APC can win Aso Rock, because the death of APC came the day the stalwarts assaulted Tinubu.

Tinubu has already been bought, any other fight against presidency is just a make-belief. You can take this to the bank and cash from the ATMs of common-sense. Time will prove this right, as always. The winner of 2015 is already known. His name is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe.

Ignorant mumu, you better concentrate on what you know how to do best i.e your yahoo yahoo activities and sending out scam mail. Wretched urchin posing as a billionaire. Only on Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Haywirezzz: 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
I am happy that people are begining to ask the necessary questions about the supposed gains d south easterners have derived from d present government.The deplorable state of d Enugu-Onitsha and other federal roads in the south east were d focus of a thread that made front page few days ago. Op,I and a good number of young igbo men are with u on this. We can clearly see the dummy that is being sold to d south east cos election is around d corner and believe me when I tell u that a good number of young igbo men will not fall for these tricks.Not anymore. Agadi nwanyi daa uzo ada abuo,o guo ihe o bu n'ukpo onu (When an old woman stumbles and falls twice,she takes inventory of the contents of her basket.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by BRAV0O(m): 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
shocked

U can lie oO

kuderrich:
U mst av bn an alien or probably frm a very remote prt of nigeria wit no Tv,radio. Hw come u knw hw to write sef, with all d developmental agenda,and the turning arnd of d agric,d new automobile policy,transport sector, aviation industry and the privatisation of the power sector,construction/rehabilitation of roads wat else do u need? Don't be an ingrate, let d gud wrk continue.

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Canme4u(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
#change is all what we need.
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by ayindejimmy(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
kuderrich:
tank u my brother,u were able to afford a browsing fone cos it's cheap and u av access to it,tanx to d opening up of our economy,wit jst 1.2M u can own a brand new car,we don't need to pay as high as #2b annually for importing food anymore cos of d transformation of our agric sector,it's a gradual process, our own obj spent 8yrs in power yet he cried wen leaving office wen he said he failed nigerians wit generation of electricity,nw everytin is making sense,we need to support d continuity of dis government.
u fellas jus dnt get it. For hw long wil a man on minimum wage save to buy ur 1.2m car? Lemme gues....forever?
And those car dnt av 2nd-hand values. U drive it 4 a yr nd it'l seem a train hit it. U speak abt technological tranfer as if it only startd when Gej came in. (Its low level of tinkin dat made PDP to campaign they brot GSM. As if we wnt be usin it by either way.)Mayb dat's wen u got ur first mobile phone sha o. Wat d masses need is food shelter, clothing, healthcare, gud edu., electricity and also policies dat create a social ladder u can climb to d top...one day.
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by kuderrich: 12:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
BRAV0O:
shocked

U can lie oO

are u frm jupiter or mars. I knw if truly u're frm dis country u'll nt av reason to doubt cos d facts are there for u to see.
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Keky(m): 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
Be it PDP or APC they are all criminals,the only difference is one is not in control of federal power... don't preach bullshit to me.
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
APC is the path to better Nigeria
APC will upgrade our Arm forces to modern standard
APC will ensure our troops have all the need
APC will ensure the defence of our National sovereignty
2015 is our Year of Rebirth as a Nation

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by BRAV0O(m): 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ogbeni is better you shut up that your dirty mouth !

At this level u're not even ashamed many of u gej/pdp e thug/paid online supporters are not even ashamed giving us lame achievement for how long ?

Are u people okay at all ?

I don't think u no what's going on in this con3 at all , pls tell ur oga to come and test his achievement by interviewing every nigerians live on national tv.
kuderrich:
are u frm jupiter or mars. I knw if truly u're frm dis country u'll nt av reason to doubt cos d facts are there for u to see.

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
atinukedam:
Wat mak u tink Apc wil be beta, stinginess is dere Motto

WaW ma'am u prefer a party that will u proxy org to give Nigerians peanuts. While it lootz their National wealth
APC is a party of Nationalist concern abt the future of Dear Nation
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by onuebonyi: 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
is this why i should vote pdp in 2015?

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by aljharem(m): 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbawe:

You keep talking like a lunatic because of the blind and unobjective hatred of others. A Party would have had the chance to lead a nation at the centre before a sane person can proclaim it failed. When has APC led Nigeria at the centre for even a day, let alone the 16 years the PDP has had, for you to claim "APC has failed Nigerians as well"? Are you Okay at all? It is not every time you must comment. If you have nothing sensible to say just shut up !!!!!!

I can see you have selective honesty. Apc ran Lagos for 16 years, what have they achieved ? After trillions of naira

3 Likes

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by kuderrich: 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
ayindejimmy:

u fellas jus dnt get it. For hw long wil a man on minimum wage save to buy ur 1.2m car? Lemme gues....forever?
U speak abt technologicaj tranfer as if it only startd when Gej came in. Mayb dat's wen u got ur first mobile phone sha o. Wat d masses need is food shelter, clothing, healthcare, gud edu., electricity and also policies dat create a social ladder u can climb to d top...one day.
guy,if all dis tinz u've listed is d responsibility of d federal govt.wat will nw b d functions of d state + d local govt. Abi is there nt suppose to be 3 tiers of government?
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by aljharem(m): 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbawe:

The guy is worse than a lunatic !!!! Jeez !!!! We can all host political affiliation passionately but that does not mean we say crazy and senseless things to validate our position. It is the PDP that has failed Nigeria over more than 15 years. There is no way to spin that fact or attempt to tarnish others just to make the failed ruling Party look good.

Shut up and answer the question

What has apc done in Lagos for the past 16 years

Apc is owning 1 trillion naira apart 4 trillion naira expenditure

3 Likes

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
onuebonyi:
Poverty Dev Party

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by aljharem(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
onuebonyi:

This is Lagos apc
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by omoharry(f): 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
which APC? You mean those bunche of hypocrites that will be nice to you just a few days to election and turn against you right after you have given them your vote. APC KE!. TUFIAKWA! I would rather vote a known enemy PDP than those hypocrites that tries very hard to portray themselves as people's servant while they are lord unto themselves. A party that does not have a clear cut ideology, a party that is ready to drag the whole country down just because of power, a party that sees white and calls it black because it belong to an opposition party,Is it the media's manipulation and twisting of peoples psych by always analyzing news from a bias points of view. Thus, anything that will indict the any APC is down played while that of the federal government is over hyped and twisted to suit their purpose by heating up the polity. A party that promote thuggery and turn their face to the other side when this thug becomes lawless, extorting money from this same citizens you are asking for their vote.A party that knows no shame, perpetuate corruption and tolerate it as long it from the same party, a party that would cohort with international media to bring down the morals and reputation of our army and the country and boost that of the her enemy(BOKO HARAM). So many things to say. I will never vote for APC unless there is a drastic change their style & orientation of leadership ( This is the same view from many of my friends that first believed in this party).The day APC wins the presidency just know that most Ikoyi land would be owned by TINUBU. . I use to be a fan of APC at the begining but not anymore.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by dejt4u(m): 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
ayindejimmy:

u fellas jus dnt get it. [s]For hw long wil a man on minimum wage save to buy ur 1.2m car? Lemme gues....forever?[/s]
And those car dnt av 2nd-hand values. U drive it 4 a yr nd it'l seem a train hit it. U speak abt technological tranfer as if it only startd when Gej came in. (Its low level of tinkin dat made PDP to campaign they brot GSM. As if we wnt be usin it by either way.)Mayb dat's wen u got ur first mobile phone sha o. Wat d masses need is food shelter, clothing, healthcare, gud edu., electricity and also policies dat create a social ladder u can climb to d top...one day.
your level of reasoning is very questionable.. How will u be on salary level of 'minimum wage' for ever.. Hw will u be on the same GL forever? It is like u ar thinking wit ur a.s.s.. Use ur head

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by ayindejimmy(m): 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
kuderrich:
guy,if all dis tinz u've listed is d responsibility of d federal govt.wat will nw b d functions of d state + d local govt. Abi is there nt suppose to be 3 tiers of government?
tanx! I'm glad u recognised that. It nt jus d duty of govt bt d masses too. Our orientatn of vyin 4 political office as a society must change drasticaly. Lemme be honest wit u, most of d politicians have been robbin us. I stand bold to say this Tinubu is corupt. But i'm nt votin 4 him. Frm d Fed-Local Govt and this has distort our growth. But if we have a leader of repute at d top such wil usher in a new era of hope.
Coruptn is our greatest prob and d fite to rid it must be led at d Fed level dwn to d local. Nt frm local to Fed. If a presidnt is resolute and incoruptabl it'l av a ripple effect on d followers. I hope i'v addresd d issue u raisd?
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by ayindejimmy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
dejt4u:
your level of reasoning is very questionable.. How will u be on salary level of 'minimum wage' for ever.. Hw will u be on the same GL forever? It is like u ar thinking wit ur a.s.s.. Use ur head
i dnt speak monkey bt i do av a banana...here
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by ayindejimmy(m): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
dejt4u:
sory i dnt speak monkey bt i do av bananas - here.
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by chimerase2: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
APC is just reclycling of old thieves
They re worst undecided
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by dejt4u(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
ayindejimmy:

i dnt speak monkey bt i do av a banana...here
ayindejimmy:

sory i dnt speak monkey bt i do av bananas - here.
so 'monkey' is nw a language in ur village?
See ur life on show here? You dnt need to speak monkey 'cos u ar monkey urself..

No wonder u keep on blammin GEJ for all ur misfortunes..loser!
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by ayindejimmy(m): 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
dejt4u:

so 'monkey' is nw a language in ur village?
See ur life on show here? You dnt need to speak monkey 'cos u ar monkey urself..

No wonder u keep on blammin GEJ for all ur misfortunes..loser!
lol! Guesd dat hits u wher it hurts, init?
Get over it
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by saint047(m): 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
onuebonyi:
this is just my views because we have not gained anything from gej and his gang since 2011. vote pdp out now.
. In my own opinion,you are more of a failure than the said GEJ....because 70% of those in APC where in PDP or benefiting from PDP,why can't ur apc present people like fashola or osho baba? For me u are acting some1 script or simply looking for attention.
Re: PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC by Gbawe: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
aljharem:

Shut up and answer the question

What has apc done in Lagos for the past 16 years

Apc is owning 1 trillion naira apart 4 trillion naira expenditure

When even those outside Africa are aware of changes the APC has brought to Lagos, to the extent Fashola was nominated as one of the world's most influential thinkers, I should remain here discussing with a lunatic and creature of hate like you? Dude, go and sit down somewhere. You are not a Lagosian. We know you decide what you want to be when you wake up in the morning. You are nothing but a liar and a basket case. Even in my own Surulere axis taking in Iponri, Bode Thomas, Eric Moore and Adeniran Ogunsaya I shared with Nairalanders (check the archives) my own private pictures of the most extensive drainage infrastructural work we have ever seen been constructed in my neighbourhood since I can remember and you are here asking "what have they achieved" and what money was spent on? This is why I continue to insist you are nothing but a hateful Chadian. You are certainly not a Lagosian. You really need help and salvation dude. Yet I fear you are a hopeless case.

http://futurecapetown.com/2014/05/lagos-transformation-into-a-mega-city/#.VD0f1vldXL4

Lagos’ transformation into a mega-city: A visionary Governor
Posted by FutureLagos on May 8, 2014 in All, Around the World, Cities, Economy, Public Space · 0 Comments

By Alkasim Abdulkadir

Lagos bustles with abundant energy not simply from dawn not until dusk, but to another dawn again – the cycle never breaks and its residents love to describe it as the city that never sleeps. It is the city of Fela Kuti the Afrobeat maestro, renowned for his scathing social commentary, it is also where Aliko Dangote (originally from Kano) now oversees his $20 Billion fortune.

However, appalling slums and a housing deficit, ubiquitous traffic congestion, a high crime rate and ocean surges are just some of the issues bedeviling Lagos. But the city is changing and slowly but surely evolving for the better.

The story of Lagos is tightly knitted with that of Nigeria itself – the economic downturn of the early 70s and 80s led to a massive migration to urban areas. This led to a huge overstretching of the city to what it is today – 21 million people crammed into a space of just 356,861 hectares.

Lagos in the 90s

By 1999, it had reached its point of elasticity – it had to reinvent itself or begin a fast decline. In 2007, Babatunde Fashola – a lawyer and an official in the former government – became governor of Lagos and in a matter of months people began to notice the difference. The simple fact that urban planning, which redresses the obsolescence of city spaces, could be applied to Lagos, shocked residents and non-residents alike.

Maintained garden, Lagos Island

Within a short time garbage dumps were turned into gardens. One example is the ubiquitous traffic gridlock of places like Oshodi; this area was transformed by demolishing illegal structures and evicting squatters. Thus Eko Oni Baje, ‘Lagos must not spoil’ in Yoruba, became the mantra on the lips of every man, woman and child. And the world took notice too, global brands and luxury franchises from Porsche, to Radison Blu and Ermenegildo Zegna all came flocking.

Oshodi in the 90s

Oshodi now

In spite of the strides the current government has taken, its most ambitious project to date is the Eko Atlantic City; promoters of the city describe it as the new financial epicenter of West Africa. Some have even called it the Manhattan or Dubai of Africa. When the Eko Atlantic City is finally built it will comprise seven districts on the oceanfront, harbor lights, a business district, Eko Drive, Marina Avenue and Downtown area. The Business District will spread across 1.3 million squares meters of land and will include banks, insurance companies and other multinationals in the oil and gas sector. The Nigerian Stock Exchange will also have a department there.

Artist’s impression of Eko Atlantic

The task of building this city falls into the hands of the South Energyx Ltd under a Build–Operate–Transfer (BOT) model for a period of 35 years, before ownership is transferred to Lagos state. However, the Eko Atlantic vision comes with a price tag –a massive $6 billion. Financing these developments has been an innovation itself in the development of the country’s urban spaces. The funds have come from a consortium of banks, including First Bank, First City Monument Bank and Guaranty Trust Bank and it is also expected that proceeds from the sale of lands will go towards building the city’s new infrastructure.

But Eko Atlantic city won’t solve Lagos’ perennial housing problem, with a current population hovering above 20 million this figure will hit 27 million inhabitants by the year 2020. These numbers should be enough to scare any city administrator into taking some big steps.

There are many innovative individuals and groups who share Fashola’s vision for Lagos. These include the urban renewal enthusiast and architect Kunle Adeyemi, whose floating school is one of the iconic features of the stilt slum Makoko. His school design floats on more than 200 plastic barrels and has been nominated as one the inspiring building designs of the year 2014 by the London Design Museum.

Lagos Water Community, NLÉ

Also assisting Fashola’s dream is Otto Orondam who said he is tired of criticising the threatened future of the country and as such his intervention project ‘Slum to School Africa’ is providing access to education and educational materials in Lagos’ slums, assisted by an army of volunteers they have enabled thousands of slum kids to get an education.

Fashola says that “There is no finish line in this journey, it is a continuous desire to make things better than we could ever imagine.” The grinding and the bustle of the city goes on from dawn to dawn, and city administrators and residents continue to walk the talk that Lagos must outgrow its slumification and finally become a city its people can be proud of.

Lagos Island

Eko oni baje o!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Tribe Is Marginalised In Nigeria Fr Mbaka - Dailypost / BREAKING NEWS!! 3 Ministers Test Positive For Coronavirus / APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.