Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams (38601 Views)

Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2014
What's our business.

The student signed undertaken,they should live by it then..

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by cestmoiparadign: 11:34am On Oct 15, 2014
rattlesnake:
u will kill urself on oyedepo matter for.nothing

Who send u?
Are the parents complaining?

Are u the one who sent them to school?

If Ur shild pierces her n1pples...will u like it

Discipline is key that is why naija is used as dustbin cos we have no standard

undecided
u read my mind

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by destante(f): 11:35am On Oct 15, 2014
hate the school or not, the school is fulfilling its primary aim for which it was set up, its academic prowess. so all other things are jes inconsequential to meah. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by cestmoiparadign: 11:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
excuse me? who are you?
I'm not hating on the school or anything, infact I've always been among those that defend the school when people condemn it
but.. this is just the height of wickedness. There's no way you can justify these extreme measures. You definitely cannot caLL it discipline. It's wickedness and injustice-plain and simple
It's not really the suspension part that is really painful, but the fact that the students were suspended a few weeks to exams. Haba now!!
And you talk about the parents not complaining? Is it the parents that are in the school? Is it not their children that are tere, suffering such wickedness??
ur source plzzzzzzz
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36.
Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
ghen ghen
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn visited Ota yesterday afternoon
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by oluyemisee(f): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
Our problem in dis country is that,we lack DISCIPLINE.there are laws guiding the affairs of every organization.I'm sure the students are aware of dese laws.u break d law,u suffer for it simple.An adage in Yoruba land says"any king who warns before fighting/purnishing is neva found guilty"pple just hate to heed to instructions

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by LordMecuzy(m): 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
This is No Story. Them no know say Covenant dey strict b4 dem Enter? Mtscheeeeeew

Nothing Like Freedom Jare. To all Those dat schooled In a Federal University can u pls like my post.

Regards,
Lord Mecuzy

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons. The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

IMO, this is wickedness of the highest order. How would you suspend students just a few weeks to exams? The normal practise of the school is to suspend erring students at the start of a new semester but, these students are going home towards exam period. And when people bash the school, they complain.

I also her the school takes great joy in expelling and suspending students for foolish reasons. And how the school makes final year students come back(spill over) for one whole year just because of a 3 unit course.. Really stupid angry
Your opinions??

Agreed, the reasons are silly....but that is why it is important that before entering any school...you read the rules and regulations.

And if you think you cannot live under them...then you might consider going to a school with a more liberal regime.

For example, Babcock forbids soft drinks on campus. If I were a student applying there, I may consider giving up soft drinks or going to another school .

And at the bolded....a lot of universities do that!

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Buchi11(f): 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
grin
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by dammytosh: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
What is wickedness ?

There are laid down rules and there are also consequences for breaching them.

If you can not cope, write Jamb and go to Federal University.

Bunch of spoilt Shudren. In "Mama Peace voice"
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by lmmaculatecon: 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
Why disobey laid down rules, if you cannot cope with the rules, you are not tied there, you can go to another university, must you school in covenant university...... undecided

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by sapien(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
Yes. Covenant University is the type of University I admire; a morally sound institution.

Why should a student pierce her ear in two to three places? Is she a commercial sex worker?

It's high time our Public Universities started suspending those high class prostitutes in our institutions of higher learning. For example, my school- Uniport. The high rate of "Aristocracy" over here is alarming!

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by akpanikpe(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Even inside the church which is the place of worship proper, peeps used phones and stuff, not to talk about Skool, higher institution for dat matter. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
CoolHunk:

They knew the rules before signing up. If you think Covenant is wicked, try my alma mater: When you err, you'll be summoned by a panel and dismissed to continue as usual until when you start your final exams...that's when you'll be expelled, for something you've prolly forgotten you did.
can i knw the name of ur alma mater? grin
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by clemz88(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
This is what happens when you put a small boy as the dean of student affairs... I really doubt that David Oyedepo knows about this wickedness going on in the school.
how will u say he doesn't know,isn't he the VC of d school
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
actually, sir, the academic calendar has been modified- since last session
first semester starts in august, exams start in november, and the semester ends in first week of december
first semester is really short

then second semester is long longer
starts in january, exams start in april and session ends in may
smiley
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
iamrealdeji:
IMO,the school is very OK,the students are disciplined,i'm not a christian but I think Covenant University is the best private University in Nigeria
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by nora544: 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons. The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

IMO, this is wickedness of the highest order. How would you suspend students just a few weeks to exams? The normal practise of the school is to suspend erring students at the start of a new semester but, these students are going home towards exam period. And when people bash the school, they complain.

I also her the school takes great joy in expelling and suspending students for foolish reasons. And how the school makes final year students come back(spill over) for one whole year just because of a 3 unit course.. Really stupid angry
Your opinions??

This is no University this is a secondary school.

But what to you want from a man who is a God of Man who make his own laws.

We have also private Universities and when this Universities have such law they would lose the accreditation because this is against human rights.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
valmunich:
That's what happens when you attend a private university
You mean private christian university?

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Ayomax(m): 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us
a 3rd class student in my school will have 2:1 in your so called 2nd best uni.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
This is what happens when you put a small boy as the dean of student affairs... I really doubt that David Oyedepo knows about this wickedness going on in the school.
Pertaining ur topic, the scul has rules so dnt call it wickedness if the student cudnt abide by the rules
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by samyale(m): 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us

Re u nw comparing federal university with ur adv secondary school?.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by VcStunner(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
My point is, the course be carried over for one semester, not the whole session.
Why should the spillover students one back for one whole year just because of one course? And they pay the school fees, you know
my sister pls leave dat matter o. Have u hrd of Federal University of technology Yola? In that sch, a unit course(practical CH103) had kept a friend of mine for 2yrs after graduation!! He pays sch fees, and participates yet kept on spilling. Jez dat as a private uni with such exorbitant fee paid its expected their shuld be leniency and dats not dilution of principle at all. Dats d only thing wicked to me. If ur sch gave u a form to fill and u read all d do's and don'ts and u went ahead to click "I Agree" then u will bear every consequencies! Dats all

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nosyke(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
My point is, the course be carried over for one semester, not the whole session.
Why should the spillover students one back for one whole year just because of one course? And they pay the school fees, you know

There are reasons why lectures are given and time to prepare for exams also given. If a student knows that if (s)he fails an exam EVEN IN FINAL YEAR, it will lead to repeating a whole academic session, such student should put in whatever it takes to pass with a clean sheet.

In life, in order to succeed , complacency is never a good ingredient for a successful recipe. Again, they must have known even before getting to that level.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by lonelydora: 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
What is my child going to do in that school in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by banquo11(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
NA WAH FOR THAT SCHOOL
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
hoyinkansola:
can i knw the name of ur alma mater? grin
Unilorin. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
[quote author=preciousjoz1 post=27160449][/quote] you failed thats why you are studyin dia. Look @ you Comparin a Federal university to dat Secondary School you call Convenant.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Oyiboman69: 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
name true?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Admission List: / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt / White SA School Kids Brawl In Viral Video, Boy Suspended (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.