Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,199 members, 7,811,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution (22648 Views)

Reps Approve Local Government Autonomy / Proposed Amendments To The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Reps Approve $3.7bn Foreign Loan . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by deletrue: 10:19am On Oct 16, 2014
Adindupeter:
. Rejected what we need the most?.
Can you imagine? These people are not sincere people. They will never allow any obstruction on them. Pension for reps for how many years service? According to you they careful rejected what Nigerians needed most. Silly things.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by slimmingcare(f): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2014
Hmmm easier said than done
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by deletrue: 10:24am On Oct 16, 2014
MissyDivah:
71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution That Will Favor The Nigerian Politicians Useless People lipsrsealed
Useless na sweet word for these wrong Nigeeians. Them be ofelele. Na the pension na vex me pass.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by deletrue: 10:30am On Oct 16, 2014
uken73:
Interesting. I love the part of bypassing the President after 30 days.
So, out of the sweeties they carefull allocated to them and leave these areas that will benefit you as Nigerian no pain you, na to bypass the president be your problem? Na by passing the president sweet you abi. Go back and read again. Did you read that referendum, pension and others too?
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by deletrue: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2014
These things call rep. member will never disappoint Nigerians! Why this huury abi rush? All na to cover the national conference. Idiots. Whether they like it or not they allow it for referandum
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by johnmartus(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2014
I think immunity clause is not a problem for Nigeria our major problem is our law breaker because we elect them to represent us in every issues but many of our lawmakers do not do the will of their constituency while many of them do not even know their purpose in the house I think the law that guarantee the electorate for recall of any member of rep should more equip
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by HonourablePomk: 11:04am On Oct 16, 2014
musiwa95:
You are illiterate , nigeria law does not cover anywhere in independent country of the kingdom of western nigeria.. there is no law under international law, you people can make in abuja that cover anyone or anywhere in western nigeria under international law.

The federation of nigeria was dissolve in 1963.. and any agreement awolowo side is null and avoid under international law.

I don't wanna comment on this before but am sorry you sound soo stewpid for your write up. I guess you have been brainwashed. Why don't you walk up to the national tv and say this shi.t even awolowo's spirit will curse you.. fuvcktard like you
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by titoetal(m): 11:13am On Oct 16, 2014
When we are talking of removing immunity from the executive they are planning to include legislators.
Nigerian legislators always making laws to favour them since Greek historians era. The other time they stepped down a bill on social security seeking to provide stipends for the elderly and unemployed youths sighting source of fund as the problem.
There is need to have this arm of govt but these people are self serving. They don't have the interest of the masses and the nation at large.
Our legislators have shown that the best amendment to the nation's constitution should not come from them. If we fail to make good use of the national conference report on the proposed amendments to our constitution, then we've failed again. These political contractors are running this nation down.

Oh God, help us salvage this country by awakening the consciousness of the masses to speak in one voice. A voice that will enable us stand against subjugation, a clear and distinct voice, a voice that will be reckoned with, the voice of the people which is the Voice of God.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2014
uken73:
Then there's no check and balance
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by bunmioguns(m): 11:57am On Oct 16, 2014
na dem sabi, wetin konsain me

undecided undecided
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by younglino: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by mekadinho(f): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
musiwa95:
You are illiterate , nigeria law does not cover anywhere in independent country of the kingdom of western nigeria.. there is no law under international law, you people can make in abuja that cover anyone or anywhere in western nigeria under international law.

The federation of nigeria was dissolve in 1963.. and any agreement awolowo side is null and avoid under international law.
Give this guy Oduduwa or let him die.... Hahaha...... Keep on dreaming..
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by hayzed2: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
I know David Mark is gonna love this, life time pension after you've embezzled all our Money, There is God ooooo smiley
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
soldierdollar:
Na creation of state me like . at least I go become gofnor

ur road go soon turn state grin grin
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by soldierdollar(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
ikp4succes:

ur road go soon turn state grin grin
When we get thousands of hectares of land ? grin
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by victorv12(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
"Life pension for national assembly heads." To be elected as a leader into the national assembly mustn't be a full time job.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by imotondo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
[quote author=soldierdollar

The office of the Auditor-General of the Federation, Nigerian Police, Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission, National Security Agencies have now been place on a firstline charge from Nigeria’s Consolidated Revenue Account.

pls can anyone kindly explain what they mean by the above. Thanks.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by imotondo(m): 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
[quote author=soldierdollar

The office of the Auditor-General of the Federation, Nigerian Police, Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission, National Security Agencies have now been place on a firstline charge from Nigeria’s Consolidated Revenue Account.

pls can anyone kindly explain what they meant by the above. Thanks.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by millionaireman: 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
MissyDivah:
71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution That Will Favor The Nigerian Politicians Useless People lipsrsealed
You will never see any good in politicians. The amendments are in order.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by highmood(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
I thought the APC refused to join in the conference for a new constitution? I also heard most of them saying the report will not see the light of the day and its dead on arrival? why are they ready to approve what they never accepted and classified dead?Funny sets of Clowns!
meanwhile, what happen to the issue of making the business of legislature in Nigeria a part-time one; will they not approve that or is it because it will be affecting them seriously? If they believe the delegates did a good job, then they should pass all thier recommendations or are they trying to tell us they are wiser than those wise men and women because they are still in position of authority?
my conclusion is this, our legislature are more corrupt than any political office holders else let them start with those reports that affects them then move on to the others. Nice and a bold step though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by anonimi: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
millionaireman:
You will never see any good in politicians. The amendments are in order.

I would rather say that MANY of the amendments are in order.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by captainbaroni(m): 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY WANTS IMMUNITY TOO?
SO THAT THEY WILL ALL BE UNTOUCHABLE, OKEY.
NAWAA FOR UNA OOO
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by akinsadeez(m): 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
That amendment to section 241 will cause serious wahala in courts o. So when an aggrieved party goes on an interlocutory appeal, the case will continue at the lower court while the appeal is also being pursued at the appellate court all at the same time. That doesn't make much sense to me. It might thus breed a situation where the interlocutory appeal is at the supreme court while judgment has been given in d high courtq and the main case itself is now going on an appeal at the court of appeal. If the supreme court now over rules both courts in d interlocutory appeal, what will happen since the main case is already at the court of appeal. very confusing.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by thoth: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
It is now self evident for all enlightened readers that this amendments were a safety loop created to perpetuate corrupt and unpopular policies, it is clear that the amendment was crafted for no other purpose than to weaken the powers of the president from obstructing devious policies which multinationals will want to force down his throat, observing the probability that a man like Buhari might turn out to be president tomorrow, it would probably be an uphill task for him to implement positive popular policies and even harder to obstruct unpopular policies fielded by agents of imperialism.

Intimidation into compliance at the local government level which would undermine the policies of any sitting Governor of any state can now be effectively carried out now these amendments are in place. I feel sorry for this country.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
Life Pension for NASS heads? That is ridiculous. Let us all vote them out
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
akinsadeez:
That amendment to section 241 will cause serious wahala in courts o. So when an aggrieved party goes on an interlocutory appeal, the case will continue at the lower court while the appeal is also being pursued at the appellate court all at the same time. That doesn't make much sense to me. It might thus breed a situation where the interlocutory appeal is at the supreme court while judgment has been given in d high courtq and the main case itself is now going on an appeal at the court of appeal. If the supreme court now over rules both courts in d interlocutory appeal, what will happen since the main case is already at the court of appeal. very confusing.
That section will be thrown out by the court. It is illegal
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by adepiero: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
Life pension for GEJ, Sambo, David Mark and co. are you thieves not collecting it already?
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by Lorechino(m): 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
uken73:
that one is not Good bro to bypass mr. President. I luv Goodluck Jonababa
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by success9(m): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
What is this one saying??

musiwa95:

Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by millionaireman: 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
anonimi:

Finally our loafing legislooters get busy!
Quite a few amendments to further strenghten and deepen our democratic culture and develop our INSTITUTIONS.

Ignoring to return fiscal federalism to Nigeria, and at the same time not creating new states to balance the political structure is as good as House Members still loafing about. Political restructuring was the most moving demand for constitution amendment. And when the legislature did not rise to that, it necessitated the convening of the National Confrence by Jonathan govt. The conference refused fiscal feeralism but toned down voices of agitators with recommendation of new states to be created.
Re: Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 17, 2014
I don hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Postpones Population Census To May / Fayose Interacts With Another Elderly Woman In Ekiti State (Photos) / Dino Melaye Graduates With Masters In International Relations Diplomacy From ABU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.