Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande (5268 Views)

PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable / Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders / Jonathan Sidelines Omokri, Appoints Asika Asnew Social Media Strategist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2014
Explicit01:
Yorubas are slightly marginalized in GeJ's government but I don't think it has much to do with GeJ. Yoruba leaders started marginalising themselves by trying to exclude themselves from supporting GEJ and concentrating on forming an opposition party.
God bless you a thousand folds, I'm So surprised at the level of hypocrisy exhibited by most Yorubas here, the obviously forgot the saying that he that rejects everyone would one day have himself rejected. Not all Yorubas though

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by akoaki(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2014
It is high time Nigerians, especially the youths started analysing issues on merit rather than sentiments. Our fathers and forefathers made the same mistakes which has brought us to where we are today. Let us for once leave out tribal, ethnic and religious considerations in our quest to proffer solution to the myriad of problems plaguing Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by nigerianvenom(m): 8:50am On Oct 16, 2014
aljharem2:
No it was Tinubu that sold us. Stop the lies and propaganda.

Why did APC vote Tambawal over the Yoruba woman competing. Yet you say it is not about ethnicity but competency

You APC people are liars, hypocrites and not consistence.
God bless u for this piece.ignore that fool

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2014
It is only the clueless yorubas that will think the Presidency wants them backward, with the jucy contracts they get and top positions they occupy, one would be tempted to think the President GEJ had a yoruba a yoruba parent. The Wise Yorubas (who are ofcourse much more), know their traitors are amongst them.
Come 2015, GEJ will win these SW states confidently of that I'm certain: Lagos, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun. He'll also get the required percentage in Oyo and Osun states.
Enough said already, GEJ is the Best among the rest

GEJ for 2nd term.
SS, SE, MB, SW, NE all in the bag already, doubt me watch out for Feb 15, 2015 (result Announcement date)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by Asoozy: 8:55am On Oct 16, 2014
The only foreseeable spanner in the works for Buhari is if Yoruba Christians allow themselves to be persuaded by Ibo Christians and their corrupt so called men of God a'la Adeboye, Oyedepo et al who benefit from this corrupt government. We know that these so called MOG indirectly endorse and campaign for Jonathan through public laying of hands on his (Jonathan's head) or attending functions organised by the corrupt government or even accepting the corrupt man's birthday congratulatory message.

It is time Yoruba Christians exhibit their sophistication by not buying into the myopia of some divisive ethnic group who are bent on using religion as their last straw to realise their vendetta against the Yoruba state. Yorubas cannot afford to sit on the wall on this matter. Nigeria is divided and acting as one through the opium of religion and religious leaders' trickery will only leave us at the losing end.

Shun religion and vote for the future of your children. That you attend the same church with other ethnic groups does not mean that they are not envious of your enclave and want to run it over. This live and let live ideology can only take us so far. It is all about survival of the fittest so play this political game wisely and secure the best for your region. Shun religious blackmail!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by 4Play(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2014
It is understandable for Akande to dwell on political appointments as he is part of the political class but what has holding political office done for the ordinary people?

The far-North is a prime example. Years of dominating political positions have done nothing have done nothing for ordinary people in the far-North.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by Asoozy: 9:23am On Oct 16, 2014
4Play:
It is understandable for Akande to dwell on political appointments as he is part of the political class but what has holding political office done for the ordinary people?

The far-North is a prime example. Years of dominating political positions have done nothing have done nothing for ordinary people in the far-North.

We know that. However in a heterogenous nation like Nigeria, a unity promoting government will practise a government of representation and inclusion, exhibiting federal character and not one being practised by this divisive one.

Yoruba is too important in Nigeria's politics to be relegated and Jonathan did this only to humiliate us. However, he forgot that when it comes to politics, we produce masterstrokes and always checkmate the opponent.
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by jayonpoint(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2014
aljharem2:
No it was Tinubu that sold us. Stop the lies and propaganda.

Why did APC vote Tambawal over the Yoruba woman competing. Yet you say it is not about ethnicity but competency

You APC people are liars, hypocrites and not consistence.
Are u for real? Imagine, d senate is a mere rubberstamp of Jonathan admin Wich wld hv bn worse if PDP had their way wt Reps. Understand political scheming b4 u comment.
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by GODDYGEE91(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2014
I salute ur courage 4 speaking de truth. With people like u, I believe Nigeria still av a brighter future. Just ignore ur people, there are hypocrite n bloody traitors.
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by GODDYGEE91(m): 10:38am On Oct 16, 2014
aljharem2:

Hahahaha, me sold ?

Is that the only position given to yorubas ?

Spoke men for President - Dr. Abati and Dr. Okupe,
Dr. Adewunmi Adesina - Minister of Agriculture,
Dr. Aganga - Minister of Trade and Investment
Minister of Communication Technology - Mrs Omobola Johnson
Senator Musiliu Obanikoro — Minister of State Defense

Alhaji Abduljelili Adesiyan — Minister of Police Affairs
Ms. Olajumoke Akinjide - Minister of Sate for FCT

Minister of State for Work - Mr. Adedayo Adeyeye
Prof. Dan Adebiyi - Special Adviser to the President on Special Duties Dr Akinyosore - Special Adviser to the President on Foreign relations
and many other positions.
Please, stop your false propaganda and tell Nigerian what your party can do differently from PDP.

my borda no mine dat man, he is using peoples funeral 2 campaign 4 APC, its so unfortunate that dis old thieves are desperately seeking 4 power by all means but dia plans wud surely fail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by shizzle11(m): 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
Whenever i say yorubas and the APC are synonymous to hypocrites, some foolish people will doubt me. Same people who shortchanged themselves because of the dictatorial and egoistic tendencies of a single kleptomaniac from bourdillion is claiming that they are being shortchanged. Bunch of delusional hypocrites.

See how they keep denying aljharem2, some fool even said he is same person as ola6, simply because they are bold enough to speak against the evil that is called APC and Tinubu. They pretend as if they dont know that a lot of yourubas hate Tinubu and the APC with passion.....shame on you

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by aljharem2: 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
shizzle11:
Whenever i say yorubas and the APC are synonymous to hypocrites, some foolish people will doubt me. Same people who shortchanged themselves because of the dictatorial and egoistic tendencies of a single kleptomaniac from bourdillion is claiming that they are being shortchanged. Bunch of delusional hypocrites.

See how they keep denying aljharem2, some fool even said he is same person as ola6, simply because they are bold enough to speak against the evil that is called APC and Tinubu. They pretend as if they dont know that a lot of yourubas hate Tinubu and the APC with passion.....shame on you

Can you blame them ? Imagine because I am not at elitism I am no longer Yoruba.
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by aljharem2: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
Gbawe:

We all know you are fake, a born liar and not very bright but your comments here confirms that you lack even basic ability for contextual reasoning. So Akande's grouse begins and end with the SW losing the Speakership of the house of Reps? If a Yoruba had become speaker, with no empowerment anywhere else at all, this would have amounted to GEJ 'including' the Yoruba ethnic group for you? Tragic you do not have the intelligence to see the big picture and appreciate what Akande is saying in its entirety.

So Mr enlighten man. Your man OBJ was the president from 1999-2007 what position would you have given yorubas if you were for another ethnic divide and the president.

Deputy ?

Senate president ?

Chief of staffs ?

Secretary to the fg ?

Mention

Wicked and selfish APC. We are Nigerians not all Yorubas and Fulani. Gave others the chance to lead the country. You are not the only people that are "sophisticated" . Certainly not likes of you that have sold your soul to a man named Tinubu.

Never in the history of my great race(Yoruba because you can't be yoruba and be talking stu.pidly) has one man sold us out and not regret or a revolution happening. Go read up of Afonja of Ilorin.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by aljharem2: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ayekotoo:

Now I believe you know nothing. What have the junior ministers and special advisers got to do with key positions? Yoruba is a majority ethnic group. Get that to your thick skull!
Major ethnic group that sold themselves to GEJ for 5 billion naira ? (1 billion per state).

Go and meet your Ikoyi leader to direct you before you come here and spew trash

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by aljharem2: 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
hisblud:
is bisi akande a yoruba man? [size=18pt]A typical yoruba man is too enlightened to spew the rubbish he spoke.[/size] So he is blinded to observe the above list in gej cabinet? By the way, under his watch he chose aboki over his tribal sister and call gej a name to hang. Shame on bisi akande

He talks with lacks of intelligence. Well he has to defend his pay master like Gbawe, Berem and co are doing here

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by aljharem2: 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
whitecat1:
VICE PRESIDENT is going to SW!!!!

Your permutations aren't going to cut it!

We can't present fashola as the president now because, Yoruba just had 8yrs as a president, maybe in 2019 and beyond!

People like you won't vote for APC if even Jesus is the presidential candidate, so, it doesn't matter who we field, as long as it's what the patriots want.

Show us first before we take you serious and please don't present likes of fayemi and Tinubu as your vp because they will lose.

Fashola or nothing
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by interoute: 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
Just the way Tinubu and APC sidelined the Yorubas from producing the Speaker. They thought they could impeach Jonathan by installing Tambuwal. All benefits and secret federal appointment slots normally assigned to the speaker was taken away from the Yorubas by a Yoruba man

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by Gbawe: 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
aljharem2:

Show us first before we take you serious and please don't present likes of fayemi and Tinubu as your vp because they will lose.

Fashola or nothing

Confused and hypocritical Aljbokoharem. You malign Fashola day in day out here and claim he has done nothing in Lagos (or do you want me to bring out your past posts) yet you are now shouting "Fashola or nothing"? I pity people who take you seriously here. Anyway, Nairalanders can see you in all your hypocritical glory below. Someone you claim is part of those that did nothing for the past 16 years is who you are advocating as APC VP with the words "Fashola or nothing"? You are beyond help or redemption. Nothing but a confused charlatan.

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1948656&post=27133924

aljharem:

Shut up and answer the question

What has apc done in Lagos for the past 16 years

Apc is owning 1 trillion naira apart 4 trillion naira expenditure

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by rosebowl01(m): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
aljharem2:

But he is Edo thus he is one of us at least those of us from Lagos.

BTW mention the key positions in the APC government yorubas will have if elected in. Also not the ones Tinubu anoint o but the one that will get there due to merit

This aljharem guy is from every ethnic group in Nigeria. I wonder how bad life must be that you have to occupy the a lifetime position of human charmeleon. You are not anywhere from Lagos nor are you Yoruba!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by aljharem2: 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
Gbawe:

Confused and hypocritical Aljbokoharem. You malign Fashola day in day out here and claim he has done nothing in Lagos (or do you want me to bring out your past posts) yet you are now shouting "Fashola or nothing"? I pity people who take you seriously here.

That is the best you APCs can produce. He has nothing really compare to the allocation and IGR he gets every month. When a kilometre of road is 30 billion naira. You can't say he has done well but at least he is better than his boss tinubu that took 21 billion Naira for a rail project he can never account for till day.

So yes the shiny star of APC is Fashola but he also is mediocre compare to Akpaibo and others of his calibre around the world.

The case of

In the land of the blind, one eyed man is the king. That is the sorry case of Nigeria and indeed APC shining star

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by aljharem2: 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
rosebowl01:

This aljharem guy is from every ethnic group in Nigeria. I wonder how bad life must be that you have to occupy the a lifetime position of human charmeleon. You are not anywhere from Lagos nor are you Yoruba!

Keep deceiving yourself
My other moniker is step1 and you can read all about him

Also It makes me more Nigerian and more yoruba because I display a typical yoruba trace and upbringing which is liberality and adaptability.

You can never understand because you did not grow up among peace loving people. Remember your home in Osun. Yes go back there.

He in Lagos we love everyone

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by BlackTechnology: 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
whitecat1:
Tinubu rejected the speaker of the house because Jonathan didn't give Yoruba any "key position" why should Yoruba settle for less? We are talking about Yoruba here! One of the "BIGGEST 2" I would reject it too!

Jonathan hates Yoruba and knew we would reject his political insult but, stick it to us anyway, and we rejected it!

Jonathan shared all the food and scraped the burnt bottom of the pot for Yoruba to eat, sorry we deserve better than that! Don't worry your people will be given the speaker position soon, the chicken is coming home to roost!

Where did you get this from without a statistical collection
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by aljharem2: 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Where did you get this from without a statistical collection

It is a known fact that Yorubas are the second largest ethnic group or you want to argue that ?
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by BlackTechnology: 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
aljharem2:

It is a known fact that Yorubas are the second largest ethnic group or you want to argue that ?

Tell me how you arrived at a fact without statistical collection
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by Asoozy: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
aljharem2:

Keep deceiving yourself

Also It makes me more Nigerian and more yoruba because I display a typical yoruba trace and upbringing which is liberality and adaptability.

You can never understand because you did not grow up among peace loving people. Remember your home in Osun. Yes go back there.

Osun the same cradle of the Yoruba race?

You are senile! Where would Ekoites get their tolerance if not from their Ife origin?

Honestly, you are incorrigible and eternally annoying! You have always being a cantankerous individual.
Re: Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande by Asoozy: 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
aljharem2:

Keep deceiving yourself

Like step1 like ola6.

Na lie go bomb your head!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sambo Did It Before Buhari(PIX) / Has Anyone Seen The Embarrassing Video Of GEJ With that BBC Journalist? / Lagos Is A Cosmopolitan State : The Yoruba Language Bill Violates People's Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.