Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700998 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You will drop Azubuike Okechukwu for Aneke. I disagree there.

grin that guy is too good to be kept on the bench.

Well, we can try both of them and see if it will work well.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
forgiveness:

Olaitan and imoh-ezekiel played regularly on that wing for many years for their various clubs. Even if they are natural strikers, they have proven themselves to be better strikers than the trio you mentioned with the numbers of goals they scored in a season.

Haha! 16, 13 and 12 goals no be beans now.

Tell me how many goals Awoniyi has scored for his present club in the 2 bundesliga this season?

Tell me, how many goals did Success score in previous and present season in the LA liga? Besides he plays as a left Winger for his club .

Iheanacho is not a Striker, he is an attacking midfielder.

How many times has Iheanacho played as an attacking midfielder for Man City. From his preseason games to his loan to America, to the EDS and the current season as Man City, he has played as a forward.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You will drop Azubuike Okechukwu for Aneke. I disagree there.

How many times have you seen Success playing as a left winger?

We are going to play an expansive game. Which means a lot of the ball is going to go wide. We need natural wingers creating for the finisher. So Simon will move to his more favored left.

I saw him play there for Granada this season. That was were he scored his 3 goals this season. I saw him score from there with my two korokoro eyes.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How many times has Iheanacho played as an attacking midfielder for Man City. From his preseason games to his loan to America, to the EDS and the current season as Man City, he has played as a forward.

OK, let's say he played as a second Striker. Even, Pellgerin said so.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
forgiveness:

Olaitan and imoh-ezekiel played regularly on that wing for many years for their various clubs. Even if they are natural strikers, they have proven themselves to be better strikers than the trio you mentioned with the numbers of goals they scored in a season.

Haha! 16, 13 and 12 goals no be beans now.

Tell me how many goals Awoniyi has scored for his present club in the 2 bundesliga this season?

Tell me, how many goals did Success score in previous and present season in the LA liga? Besides he plays as a left Winger for his club .

Iheanacho is not a Striker, he is an attacking midfielder.

Imoh Ezekiel and Olaitan may bang goals for their clubs. Awo is already a tested player for Siasia. The coached worked with him and he is in the team. Even if he brings Ezekiel and Olaitan, they have to perform in camp to topple him.

We are not saying Coach Siasia should not give them a chance. We are against them having a preference. Even Nacho should fight for his place despite his exploits at City.

As for Success, he is in a top league with a sh!!t team. There is no way he can pull in numbers in that situation but he is a natural finisher. Coach Siasia knows why he called Success before the likes of Ezekiel and Olaitan. If Success was in their positions, I can stake he will outscore their performances.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
forgiveness:

OK, let's say he played as a second Striker. Even, Pellgerin said so.

He replaced Bony in some games and played as a top man. Pellegrini was trying to dodge his mistake of not playing Nacho upfront after Bony picked up an injury early in the game.

Since then, Nacho has played as a top man. He is now a striker. It is just that Pellegrini likes his strikers playing like attack midfielders when they drop deep. You see this mostly from Aguero who used to play as an attacking midfielder in Independiente and Atletico Madrid.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
forgiveness:

Bros, we know Victor Moses played vital roles on our way to lifting the Nations Cup trophy. True or false?

That is what matters most.

Saviour case is not any way similar to Moses Simon.

Moses Simon has played 14 matches( out of 19 league games) and spent 815 minutes on the pitch this season. He has scored only one goal in the league with many assist while Saviour has played only 2 matches out of 19 league matches and spent 12 minutes on the pitch in his first year in a professional league. So, how is that similar to each other now?

OK, [b]who do think Saviour can bench out of these players( Moses Simon, Michael Olaitan and Isaac Success)?

[/b]Remember, the slot is for only Wingers.

Less I forget, you said English league is overrated. grin

Where did Ronaldo win the best player in the world before moving to Madrid? grin

Where did Michael Owen win the best player in the world? grin

How come this overrated league clubs played in the finals of UEFA Champions League regularly in between 1999 - 2012? grin

Hope you know the position Saviour plays?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by robosky02(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
enomakos:
hahaha
we need him bro

we dont need back passer

we need good forward passer

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
forgiveness:

I saw him play there for Granada this season. That was were he scored his 3 goals this season. I saw him score from there with my two korokoro eyes.

He is playing on the left. I doubt he will play that role in Siasia's System. I think Siasia will give preference to the Natural wingers if we are to play expansively.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Imoh Ezekiel and Olaitan may bang goals for their clubs. Awo is already a tested player for Siasia. The coached worked with him and he is in the team. Even if he brings Ezekiel and Olaitan, they have to perform in camp to topple him.

We are not saying Coach Siasia should not give them a chance. We are against them having a preference. Even Nacho should fight for his place despite his exploits at City.

As for Success, he is in a top league with a sh!!t team. There is no way he can pull in numbers in that situation but he is a natural finisher. Coach Siasia knows why he called Success before the likes of Ezekiel and Olaitan. If Success was in their positions, I can stake he will outscore their performances.

That is what I am saying, Siasia should give them the chance to prove themselves. They have proven themselves in top European leagues by scoring goals and playing in the UEFA Champions League. Why have they not been given the chance to prove themselves?

Thank God, Siasia is the coach. He goes for the best always.

Maybe, they were not called because their matches were not played on FIFA days.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

He replaced Bony in some games and played as a top man. Pellegrini was trying to dodge his mistake of not playing Nacho upfront after Bony picked up an injury early in the game.

Since then, Nacho has played as a top man. He is now a striker. It is just that Pellegrini likes his strikers playing like attack midfielders when they drop deep. You see this mostly from Aguero who used to play as an attacking midfielder in Independiente and Atletico Madrid.

I see.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2015
Icon4s:

Hope you know the position Saviour plays?

He played as a left Winger in the last under 20 world Cup and as a left winger for his present club.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Success and Iheanacho are miles ahead of any player you have mentioned and to say that what's his face is more skilled than Iheanacho in front of goal is not true.

OK, I go bring him profile come out now.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
krattoss:
i foresee uncalled insults and jibes if I continue this argument
TB Joshua's first son....like I said, we are in December, I'll get back to you in January if I remember you

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
Some of the players I suggested to be included in the list are unknown to some of us. I have taken it upon myself to introduce these unknown players. Hoping that Siasia will give them the chance to prove themselves.

1, Dominic Solanke: Nothing is known about this player in his parternial country but alot is known about him in his maternal country. He was able to make a name for himself when he helped Chelsea under 19 team and England to win the UEFA Youth Champions League and UEFA under 17 Championship respectively. And also became the youngest player to debut for Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League at the age of 17. He became the highest goal scorer with 12 goals out of 9 matches at the 2014/2015 UEFA Youth Champions League, in a competition our dear Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi participated in. He scored two goals in the semi final that eliminated Roma U19, the team that eliminated Iheanacho's Manchester-City U19 in the Quarter finals with 2 :1. The match ended 4-0. Solanke was also part of the England squad that won UEFA under 17 Championship in 2014. He also became the tournament top scorer with 4 goals. At the end of the season he scored 41 goals. This made him to receive individual laurels...... e.g 2014/2015 UEFA Youth Champions League top scorer , 2014 UEFA European Under 17 goal Scorer of the year, Chelsea Academy player of the year: 2014/2015 and England Youth player of the year 2014. He received medal for Chelsea winning the Premier League and FA cup. Because Solanke was too much for the Chelsea Academy set up, he was loaded out the next season to Viteses in the Eredivisie for current 2015/2016 season. He has not disappointed so far by scoring 4 goals in the league so far. At just 18, he has been able to start 11 matches out of 14 league games, and he has 995 minutes of football in his first season in a professional league.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
forgiveness:
Some of the players I suggested to be included in the list are unknown to some of us. I have taken it upon myself to introduce these unknown players. Hoping that Siasia will give them the chance to prove themselves.

1, Dominic Solanke: Nothing is known about this player in his parternial country but alot is known about him in his maternal country. He was able to make a name for himself when he helped Chelsea under 19 team and England to win the UEFA Youth Champions League and UEFA under 17 Championship respectively. And also became the youngest player to debut for Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League at the age of 17. He became the highest goal scorer with 12 goals out of 9 matches at the 2014/2015 UEFA Youth Champions League, in a competition our dear Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi participated in. He scored two goals in the semi final that eliminated Roma U19, the team that eliminated Iheanacho's Manchester-City U19 in the Quarter finals with 2 :1. The match ended 4-0. Solanke was also part of the England squad that won UEFA under 17 Championship in 2014. He also became the tournament top scorer with 4 goals. At the end of the season he scored 41 goals. This made him to receive individual laurels...... e.g 2014/2015 UEFA Youth Champions League top scorer , 2014 UEFA European Under 17 goal Scorer of the year, Chelsea Academy player of the year: 2014/2015 and England Youth player of the year 2014. He received medal for Chelsea winning the Premier League and FA cup. Because Solanke was too much for the Chelsea Academy set up, he was loaded out the next season to Viteses in the Eredivisie for current 2015/2016 season. He has not disappointed so far by scoring 4 goals in the league so far. At just 18, he has been able to start 11 matches out of 14 league games, and he has 995 minutes of football in his first season in a professional league.

[b]I knew you would include Iheanacho in your praise of Solanke, and I also knew you wont tell us that Iheanacho only got introduced only two months to the end of the season. Yet he single-handedly won them the International League Cup. How many games did Kelechi play in the Youth Champions League last season? Who was the highest goal scorer from the time Kelechi returned from injury in the Man City EDS?

You said he was too much for the Academy and thus loaned out to the Dutch league. Yet an Iheanacho that became fit just two months to the end of the season did enough for the team such that a star-studded Man City could not do but include him in their first team where most fans rate him higher than Bony.

Solanke was so good yet he could not even nail a 3rd striker spot in a Chelsea team even though Drogba announced his retirement, yet Kelechi was so far behind him that an accomplished player like Dzeko was sent on loan and a replacement was not brought in for his sake.

Can anyone see the irony in your argument? You bet!

Also, Solanke has played 14 times this season, mostly as a Starter (11 starts) yet has 4 goals and 1 assist. Iheanacho has played 13 times (2 Starts) in the competitive football in English and has registered 4 goals and 3 assists, mostly as a Substitute. Can you compare UEFA goal ratings of England with Holland?

Should we move on to Isaac Success?[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
joseph1013:

I knew you would include Iheanacho in your praise of Solanke, and I also knew you wont tell us that Iheanacho only got introduced only two months to the end of the season.

You said he was too much for the Academy and thus loaned out to the Dutch league. Yet an Iheanacho that became fit just two months to the end of the season did enough for the team such that a star-studded Man City could not do but include him in their first team where most fans rate him higher than Bony.

Solanke was so good yet he could not even nail a 3rd striker spot in a Chelsea team even though Drogba announced his retirement, yet Kelechi was so far behind him that an accomplished player like Dzeko was sent on loan and a replacement was not brought in for his sake.

Can anyone see the irony in your argument?

Bros, We all know that young talented players don't stand a chance in Chelsea as long as Morinho is the coach.

He could not make use of Oscar, Schurle, Salah (Roma), Guardado(Juventus), Kevin (Man City) etc but these players are doing very well for all the clubs they are currently playing for.

It Mourinho's philosophy that destroys young talented players.

However, I did nothing wrong to have mentioned that Iheanacho was part of the competition even if he only got introduced two months to the end of the season. It's still on record.

However, after he settled down Solanke under 19 Chelsea team defeated Man City U19 team in the FA Youth Cup Final, Where they both scored a goal each. The game ended 5-2 on aggregate..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
forgiveness:

Bros, We all know that young talented players don't stand a chance in Chelsea as long as Morinho is the coach.

He could not make use of Oscar, Schurle, Salah (Roma), Guardado(Juventus), Kevin (Man City) etc but these players are doing very well for all the clubs they are currently playing for.

It Mourinho's philosophy that destroys young talented players.

However, I did nothing wrong to have mentioned that Iheanacho was part of the competition even if he only got introduced two months to the end of the season. It's still on record.

However, after he settled down Solanke under 19 Chelsea team defeated Man City U19 team in the FA Youth Cup Final, Where they scored a goal each. They game ended 5-2 on aggregate..

[b]Unfortunately, I mistakenly pressed SUBMIT before finishing my thoughts. You may see my elucidated points now.

When we say that Mourinho does not like young talents, it is mostly in reference to foreign talents. Mourinho has shown alot of disposition to English players. In 2004/2005 season, he kept a mediocre players like Anthony Grant (18) and Joe Tillen (who was 19) on the squad. Glen Johnson (21) was a part of the squad. Mourinho bought Scott Parker (23). He retained Wayne Bridge (24), Joe Cole (24), Lampard (25) and trusted a 24-year old John Terry with the Captaincy band. You cannot accuse him of bias against English youth players. You can't! For those that are good enough, he used them. Or can you tell me of an English player that Mou rejected that went on to set the league on fire?

Let's fast forward to 2015/2016 season. Mourinho brought from the youth team Ruben Loftus-Cheek. Notice that Loftus and Solanke played in the Youth team together, yet it was Solanke that was loaned out while Loftus was promoted to the main team. They are both English.

What was very interesting about that decision is that Loftus should have been the one to be loaned out cos he had great competition in his position. Fabregas, Ramires, Matic, Mikel, and Oscar are players way ahead of him who can play the Central Midfield Position. What competition did Solanke have in his position? Remy and Costa. In fact it was so bad that instead of Mou to promote Solanke, he went to bring an off-form Falcao from United. It was that sad.

You will have us believe that Solanke is the best Youth talent Nigeria has right now in Europe (because let's face it, if you say he is better than Kelechi, Awoniyi and Success who are arguably our most promising players, then you're saying he is the best), yet he was not good enough for a depleted Chelsea forward department.

Bro, statistics are not in your favour on this.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
safarigirl:
TB Joshua's first son....like I said, we are in December, I'll get back to you in January if I remember you
. grin... ROGER THAT..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
robosky02:

we dont need back passer
hahaha
john obi mikel don suffer,i pray he leaves chelsea in january
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
robosky02:

we dont need back passer
hahaha
john obi mikel don suffer,i pray he leaves chelsea in january
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
joseph1013:

Can anyone see the irony in your argument? You bet!

grin Yes, I said Solanke was to much for the Academy that at age of 16, he was included in the Chelsea team that won the Premier League in 2014/2015 season with 3 World class Strikers.

Yes, Solanke was so good that at the age of 17, he was able to make the bench 3 times for Chelsea in the 2014/2015 season despite the fact that he had to contend with 3 experienced strikers. Or don't you remember that Diego Costa, Remy and Drogba were newly acquired and had scored 27,14 and 10 goals respectively in their previous season prior to their coming to Chelsea? Where you expecting Chelsea to dispose these inform strikers that helped Chelsea to win the Premier League and FA cup for a 17 years old striker? Oh! I see, Solanke should have nailed the the 3rd shirt ahead of Falcao(a player on the radar of Chelsea for long) even after he came cheaply on loan.

Bros, Dzeko wanted to go on loan because he wanted to have more playing time and not because Iheanacho is better than him. Why they didn't bring in another striker may simple be because they just acquired Bony for 35 million euros and other players. So, you know the financial rules implication.

Yes, Solanke was so good that he became the youngest player to debut for Chelsea in the 2014/2015 UEFA Champions League at the age of 17.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
joseph1013:

[b]Unfortunately, I mistakenly pressed SUBMIT before finishing my thoughts. You may see my elucidated points now.

When we say that Mourinho does not like young talents, it is mostly in reference to foreign talents. Mourinho has shown alot of disposition to English players. In 2004/2005 season, he kept a mediocre players like Anthony Grant (18) and Joe Tillen (who was 19) on the squad. Glen Johnson (21) was a part of the squad. Mourinho bought Scott Parker (23). He retained Wayne Bridge (24), Joe Cole (24), Lampard (25) and trusted a 24-year old John Terry with the Captaincy band. You cannot accuse him of bias against English youth players. You can't! For those that are good enough, he used them. Or can you tell me of an English player that Mou rejected that went on to set the league on fire?

Let's fast forward to 2015/2016 season. Mourinho brought from the youth team Ruben Loftus-Cheek. Notice that Loftus and Solanke played in the Youth team together, yet it was Solanke that was loaned out while Loftus was promoted to the main team. They are both English.

What was very interesting about that decision is that Loftus should have been the one to be loaned out cos he had great competition in his position. Fabregas, Ramires, Matic, Mikel, and Oscar are players way ahead of him who can play the Central Midfield Position. What competition did Solanke have in his position? Remy and Costa. In fact it was so bad that instead of Mou to promote Solanke, he went to bring an off-form Falcao from United. It was that sad.

You will have us believe that Solanke is the best Youth talent Nigeria has right now in Europe (because let's face it, if you say he is better than Kelechi, Awoniyi and Success who are arguably our most promising players, then you're saying he is the best), yet he was not good enough for a depleted Chelsea forward department.

Bro, statistics are not in your favour on this.[/b]

First of all, you have to consider that Solanke was only 17 years old before the 2015/2016 league commenced. So, there is no need for you to compare him with those players.

However, Dominic Solanke is not fully English, he is a Nigerian/Foreign. As you can see from his name.

How many league games has Loftus played this season for Chelsea first team? Loftus is 19 while Solanke was 17 prior to the new season.

You say what bros? Do you mean, what competition does Solanke have in the likes of Diego Costa( a player that scored 21 league goals in the just concluded season) and Remy(a player that scored a total of 21 goals in his last two league seasons)?

We know that Falcao was plagued with injury for 7 months(Jan - July 2014) before he left Monaco for Manchester United. Meaning he didn't play competitive football for almost a season and that affected his performance in his first season at Manchester United. It doesn't mean he is a bad player. Falcao is among the best strikers in the world in recent times.

As you can see, he is faced with prolific goal scorers at the age of 17. That doesn't dispute the fact that he's better than the trio you mentioned at his age to have achieved all those things.

We know kelechi-iheanacho is 19 years while Solanke was 17 years prior to the 2015 /2016 season.

There was no need for Man City to add another striker because it was obvious that Man City used only one inform striker last season and that striker(Aguero) scored a total of 32 goals with 8 assist last season hence Man City bought Wilfred Bony from Swansea at the middle of the last season. As you can see, Man City already bought a replacement for Dzeko. What you said is not true.

Iheanacho got his chance because their inform striker got injured and the newly acquired is struggling. That's all.

Where is Taiwo playing for now?

Success never near him achievement now.

Last bullet; Chelsea no be Manchester city mate now when it comes to football(Premier-league & UEFA Champions League) na.

Star students o sorry star studded wey no fit beat Dutch Champions 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League . grin

Start students(for Europe) wey no fit come out from UEFA round of 16 until now wey Chelsea don't dey do tey tey grin

Chelsea are contenders while Manchester city are pretenders when it comes to UEFA Champions League.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
forgiveness:

First of all, you have to consider that Solanke was only 17 years old before the 2015/2016 league commenced. So, there is no need for you to compare him with those players.

However, Dominic Solanke is not fully English, he is a Nigerian/Foreign. As you can see from his name.

How many league games has Loftus played this season for Chelsea first team? Loftus is 19 while Solanke was 17 prior to the new season.

You say what bros? Do you mean what competition Solanke have in Diego Costa( a player that scored 21 league goals in the just concluded season) and Remy(a player that scored a total of 21 goals in his last two league seasons)?

We know that Falcao was plagued with injury for 7 months(Jan - July 2014) before he left Monaco for Manchester United. Meaning he didn't play competitive football for almost a season and that affected his performance in his first season at Manchester United. It doesn't mean he is a bad player. Falcao is among the best strikers in the world in recent times.

As you can see, he is faced with prolific goal scorer at the age of 17. That doesn't dispute the fact that he's better than the trio you mentioned at his age to have achieved all those things.

We know kelechi-iheanacho his 19 but he may even be.... You know what I saying.

[b]Do not play the age card, Nacho passed the MRI. Solanke is a promising talent but, the likes of Success, Nacho, Awo are stars plucked out from our system.

The Coaches can give Solanke a chance but, that boy has his eyes on England. Let us face it, they wait to see if England can give them a chance before Nigeria.

Ibe's case is enough to help you understand this.

Nacho's name is not from Academy goals, in two preseason tours with Man City, he was among the standout talents in a star studded City.

Dzeko was a big City talent, Jovetic was also brilliant. These two left, Pellegrini bought Bony and left Iheanacho to fill the other.

That shows the kind of faith the club has in him.

Solanke might have Reserve team goals but Nacho showed his quality playing for the main City team. Despite few games due to injuries, the coaches ticked him as class.

His man of the match performance in the Carling Cup against a strong EPL side like Crystal Palace was amazing. He dominated a field with a star studded City.

When Solanke puts in a man of the match performance against a strong EPL side, I will start taking him seriously as a match to Nacho.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:41am On Dec 17, 2015
forgiveness:

You say what bros? Do you mean what competition Solanke have in Diego Costa( a player that scored 21 league goals in the just concluded season) and Remy(a player that scored a total of 21 goals in his last two league seasons)?

As you can see, he is faced with prolific goal scorer at the age of 17. That doesn't dispute the fact that he's better than the trio you mentioned at his age to have achieved all those things.

We know kelechi-iheanacho his 19 but he may even be.... You know what I am saying.

@the bolded. Ever since safarigirl wrote her article about the Golden Eaglets and Age controversies, I have decided not to continue in a debate with anyone who cast doubt on Nigerian players who passed the MRI test.

See you on another topic.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:48am On Dec 17, 2015
joseph1013:

@the bolded. Ever since safarigirl wrote her article about the Golden Eaglets and Age controversies, I have decided not to continue in a debate with anyone who cast doubt on Nigerian players who passed the MRI test.

Accept my apology for that. I have modified it.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2015
forgiveness:

You say what bros? Do you mean, what competition does Solanke have in the likes of Diego Costa( a player that scored 21 league goals in the just concluded season) and Remy(a player that scored a total of 21 goals in his last two league seasons)?

We know kelechi-iheanacho is 19 years while Solanke was 17 years prior to the 2015 /2016 season.

There was no need for Man City to add another striker because it was obvious that Man City used only one inform striker last season and that striker(Aguero) scored a total of 32 goals with 8 assist last season hence Man City bought Wilfred Bony from Swansea in the middle of the last season. As you can see, Man City already bought a replacement for Dzeko. What you said is not true.

Iheanacho got his chance because their inform striker got injured and the newly acquired is struggling. That's all.

Last bullet; Chelsea no be Manchester city mate now when it comes to football(Premier-league & UEFA Champions League) na.

Star students o sorry star studded wey no fit beat Dutch Champions in the 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League . grin

Start students(for Europe) wey no fit come out from UEFA round of 16 until now wey Chelsea don't dey do tey tey grin

Chelsea are contenders while Manchester city are pretenders when it comes to UEFA Champions League.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]Do not play the age card, Nacho passed the MRI. Solanke is a promising talent but, the likes of Success, Nacho, Awo are stars plucked out from our system.

The Coaches can give Solanke a chance but, that boy has his eyes on England. Let us face it, they wait to see if England can give them a chance before Nigeria.

Ibe's case is enough to help you understand this.

Nacho's name is not from Academy goals, in two preseason tours with Man City, he was among the standout talents in a star studded City.

Dzeko was a big City talent, Jovetic was also brilliant. These two left, Pellegrini bought Bony and left Iheanacho to fill the other.

That shows the kind of faith the club has in him.

Solanke might have Reserve team goals but Nacho showed his quality playing for the main City team. Despite few games due to injuries, the coaches ticked him as class.

His man of the match performance in the Carling Cup against a strong EPL side like Crystal Palace was amazing. He dominated a field with a star studded City.

When Solanke puts in a man of the match performance against a strong EPL side, I will start taking him seriously as a match to Nacho.[/b]

OK, I tendered my apology for that.

We don't know until we ask him, but if he doesn't want then we can move on. I don't want us to lose any potential player that is able to add quality to our national team in the name of home grown.

Ibe was not approached at the right time. After all, he already made it into the Liverpool's first team last season.

Haba! We do exam for the same class and I come pass you for exam. Who come sabi book pass?.

However, Solanke's name is not only from academy goals , he was also outstanding for Chelsea at the last preseason tour. In fact, he scored the only goal of the match against Thailand All-Star at the age of 17.

But the same star studded Man City(Epl Champions) was humiliated by an underrated Eredivisie club (Ajax) by 3 goals to 1 in the 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League in Amsterdam and almost defeated them in their backyard in Manchester city with early 2 goals before Toure and Aguero rescued them with a goal each. The match ended 2-2. So, the highly rated and strong EPL side (star studded Man City) were overwhelmed by a weak Eredivisie side by 5 - 3 on aggregate. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
joseph1013:

I share your sentiment bro.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
[size=14pt]MUSA MOHAMMED MAN OF MATCH IN WINNING DEBUT IN TURKEY[/size]

Flying Eagles skipper Musa Mohammed Wednesday night made a winning competitive debut for his Turkish Super League side Istanbul Basaksehir as they won 4-1 against Samliurfaspor in a cup game.

The right fullback was the man of the match, providing two assists and playing the entire duration.

Musa’s club led 1-0 before they turned on the heat against lower league opposition after the interval.

Musa’s team will play a second group game in the cup on December 23 at Amedspor.

They are also riding high in the Turkish top-flight league as they are placed fifth with 26 points from 15 matches.
http://africanfootball.com/news/594370/Musa-Mohammed-man-of-match-in-winning-debut-in-Turkey

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.