Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,503 members, 7,836,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (701014 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Are you kidding? At the AFCON, Ruud Gullit argued that the award of Pitropa as the best player of the AFCON was wrong. He watched the whole tournament and said Mikel was the best player in the competition.

When we knocked The Ivorians out, Drogba said Mikel was the best player.

Oliseh recently said Mikel was best after his first games.

When Mikel dominated Spain, who was our best player in that game.

Watch this clip of Mikel and tell me if a team killer can pull out such moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbXYIq4U4TY
ruud gullit watched all afcon matches and felt Mikel was our best player well I watched all the matches and still feel victor moses was our best in that afcon.c'mon in that afcon Mikel came alive in the knockout stages but in the group stage the 3 matches he contributed nothing or u have forgotten the 1st match a 1-1 draw with Burkina Faso Mikel was poor then the 2nd match against Zambia he cost us the game by missing the pk even the last group stage match was salvaged by moses.victor moses is the unsung hero of that afcon bro.
Mikel was our best player against ivory coast fact!! like I said he came alive in the knockout stages.
after saying Mikel was our best oliseh still had to bench his "best player" in an almighty qualifier match.
c'mon this mentioning of Spain match is a drag bro the confeds is a friendly tournament and u seem to agree that it is mikels best match ever with the way u kip mentioning it.so what happened when the real tournament started "the world cup".1st match against Iran Mikel successfully starved our attackers of the ball by passing to the foot of the iranians.then against Bosnia he could only be found in the 1sthalf.when it got to time to play the big boys (Argentina) he was so lost even goggle map wouldn't find him.then the most annoying in our most important match against France our revered Mikel was torn apart and on the removal of onazi Mikel was finally destroyed by the French midfield.
well so much for the super eagles best performer.
but that's not the issue now tho as the Olympic team has to choose the most useful player and the professor of back passes Jon Mikel slowbi will certainly not be useful in the long run at Rio.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tomtoxic:

ruud gullit watched all afcon matches and felt Mikel was our best player well I watched all the matches and still feel victor moses was our best in that afcon.c'mon in that afcon Mikel came alive in the knockout stages but in the group stage the 3 matches he contributed nothing or u have forgotten the 1st match a 1-1 draw with Burkina Faso Mikel was poor then the 2nd match against Zambia he cost us the game by missing the pk even the last group stage match was salvaged by moses.victor moses is the unsung hero of that afcon bro.
Mikel was our best player against ivory coast fact!! like I said he came alive in the knockout stages.
after saying Mikel was our best oliseh still had to bench his "best player" in an almighty qualifier match.
c'mon this mentioning of Spain match is a drag bro the confeds is a friendly tournament and u seem to agree that it is mikels best match ever with the way u kip mentioning it.so what happened when the real tournament started "the world cup".1st match against Iran Mikel successfully starved our attackers of the ball by passing to the foot of the iranians.then against Bosnia he could only be found in the 1sthalf.when it got to time to play the big boys (Argentina) he was so lost even goggle map wouldn't find him.then the most annoying in our most important match against France our revered Mikel was torn apart and on the removal of onazi Mikel was finally destroyed by the French midfield.
well so much for the super eagles best performer.
but that's not the issue now tho as the Olympic team has to choose the most useful player and the professor of back passes Jon Mikel slowbi will certainly not be useful in the long run at Rio.

There is nothing more you can add. The rest is what I call dragging. Are you saying Bleacherreport journalists are dumb?

He was a big part of the resurgence of Super Eagles. You can abusive him as much as you want.

Ruud Gullit is the former best player in the World. I will listen to his assessment before yours.

It is just a case of hatred. Even a coach of Sparta Rotterdam is telling you he is good and you are saying slow.

Is Busquets fast? Does that make him a poor player?

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:48am On Dec 19, 2015
safarigirl:
you would make a terrible coach and a crap football analyst.

You just dey shout bench warmer up and down, you conveniently forget that Mikel the bench warmer was Nigeria's best player at AFCON and the best Nigerian player at the Confeds too, if you reach go warm bench now, even Taraba United bench you no go see.

Like say na you be top performer for your field.... all these faceless forums that anybody can just come and be teasing people wey pass am

You are wrong. Victor Moses was arguably Nigeria's best player at AFCON hence Samsung best player of the tournament awarded to him and he was included in CAF team of the tournament alongside Emenike, Ambrose, Enyeama and Mikel.

However, prior to the AFCON in January 2013, Mikel played regularly for Chelsea until he helped them to win the UEFA Champions League on 19th May 2012.

He played in the first match of the 2012/2013 season for 90 Minutes against Man United in the Community Cup on the 12th August 2012, lasted the distance in two Premier-league matches, UEFA Super Cup and played for 69 minutes in one of the premier-league games in August.

The next month, Mikel was on the pitch of play for 90 Minutes in three matches, and 81minutes in his fourth match in September 2012.

In October, Mikel played 6 out of 6 Chelsea matches and lasted the distance in 3 of those matches, played 82 minutes, 46 minutes and 7 minutes in other three matches.

Out of 7 Chelsea matches in September 2012, Mikel played for 90 Minutes in 3, and 82 minutes, 81 minutes, 79 minutes in the other three matches.

Finally, Mikel Obi played two premier-league matches in December 2012. In the first match, he saw the game through and in the last match which was played on the 26th December 2012, he was on the pitch for 71 minutes.

Therefore, Mikel Obi was not a bench warmer prior to the AFCON in January 2013. He was a Champion and a regular player for his club.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:51am On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If it is the 5-0 thrashing of Groningen by Vitese, Marvelous Nakamba was the man of the match and not Solanke.

The 21-year-old joined Vitesse from French second-tier side AS Nancy at the start of the 2014/15 season, but took time to find his feet, making only eight appearances, all off the bench, with a paltry total of 97 minutes.

But all that has changed this season for the Bulawayo-born former Bantu Rovers central midfielder as he has played 773 minutes of football, from nine starts in his club’s 10 matches this term.

So marvellous has been Nakamba this season that he has been named man of the match for his side twice, including in the 5-0 demolition of FC Groningen where he was given a nine out of 10 rating.

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2015/10/27/nakambas-star-shines/

As you can see, he played against a better team than Crystal Palace. In that match, he scored the first goal.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 2:09am On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

There is nothing more you can add. The rest is what I call dragging. Are you saying Bleacherreport journalists are dumb?

He was a big part of the resurgence of Super Eagles. You can abusive him as much as you want.

Ruud Gullit is the former best player in the World. I will listen to his assessment before yours.

It is just a case of hatred. Even a coach of Sparta Rotterdam is telling you he is good and you are saying slow.

Is Busquets fast? Does that make him a poor player?
I do not remember saying Mikel lack of speed makes him a poor player heck my best midfielder of all times is the great Andrea pirlo and he is really immobile.
u said Mikel is super eagles best performer I showed you all the matches and how he flopped now u're calling the names of people who have praised Mikel c'mon on the internet u will see various articles of coaches praising different players it doesn't change anything na.the internet is just like YouTube it can make a Mikel seem as good as ronaldo.
so bro 4get does articles and show me a match Mikel was exceptional and I will show u 3 matches were he was outclassed.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33am On Dec 19, 2015
Tomtoxic:

I do not remember saying Mikel lack of speed makes him a poor player heck my best midfielder of all times is the great Andrea pirlo and he is really immobile.
u said Mikel is super eagles best performer I showed you all the matches and how he flopped now u're calling the names of people who have praised Mikel c'mon on the internet u will see various articles of coaches praising different players it doesn't change anything na.the internet is just like YouTube it can make a Mikel seem as good as ronaldo.
so bro 4get does articles and show me a match Mikel was exceptional and I will show u 3 matches were he was outclassed.

We should forget Gullit and bleacherreport and trust your judgment. Nope.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:40am On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

You are wrong. Victor Moses was arguably Nigeria's best player at AFCON hence Samsung best player of the tournament awarded to him and he was included in CAF team of the tournament alongside Emenike, Ambrose, Enyeama and Mikel.

However, prior to the AFCON in January 2013, Mikel played regularly for Chelsea until he helped them to win the UEFA Champions League on 19th May 2012.

He played in the first match of the 2012/2013 season for 90 Minutes against Man United in the Community Cup on the 12th August 2012, lasted the distance in two Premier-league matches, UEFA Super Cup and played for 69 minutes in one of the premier-league games in August.

The next month, Mikel was on the pitch of play for 90 Minutes in three matches, and 81minutes in his fourth match in September 2012.

In October, Mikel played 6 out of 6 Chelsea matches and lasted the distance in 3 of those matches, played 82 minutes, 46 minutes and 7 minutes in other three matches.

Out of 7 Chelsea matches in September 2012, Mikel played for 90 Minutes in 3, and 82 minutes, 81 minutes, 79 minutes in the other three matches.

Finally, Mikel Obi played two premier-league matches in December 2012. In the first match, he saw the game through and in the last match which was played on the 26th December 2012, he was on the pitch for 71 minutes.

Therefore, Mikel Obi was not a bench warmer prior to the AFCON in January 2013. He was a Champion and a regular player for his club.

There was an array of stars at the 2013 Cup of Nations, and Pitroipa was certainly among them. But Mikel was a supernova. And when he shone, the stars disappeared.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles1524167-why-john-obi-mikel-should-have-been-named-afcon-mvpp
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

There was an array of stars at the 2013 Cup of Nations, and Pitroipa was certainly among them. But Mikel was a supernova. And when he shone, the stars disappeared.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles1524167-why-john-obi-mikel-should-have-been-named-afcon-mvpp

now that mourinho is gone,...

let me see who u guys are going to blame again for his benchwarming...

NIGGA CANT EVEN IMPROVE.... angry
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:31am On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

As you can see, he played against a better team than Crystal Palace. In that match, he scored the first goal.
lol....he scored the first goal? I thought you said he put up a MOTM performance.

Scoring against a better team than CP does not make him better or even anywhere close to an Iheanacho that got a goal and 2 assists on his full debut......and like thegoodjoe said, if the boy was that good, he would have been made third choice striker in Chelsea instead of being loaned out for a Falcao that Dzeko is better than.

Stop trying to market stale bread over fresh one mbok

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:36am On Dec 19, 2015
krattoss:
now that mourinho is gone,...

let me see who u guys are going to blame again for his benchwarming...

NIGGA CANT EVEN IMPROVE.... angry
the fact that he has seen the back of 10 managers should tell you he must be doing something right.

Now that Mourinho is gone, you might just see Matic being sold, some players are priceless even on that bench......

I repeat, faceless forums give the wrong people a voice to roast people with more achievements than they can ever get.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:58am On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

No doubt about it but Victor Moses was arguably Nigeria's best player at AFCON. Besides, your link showed nothing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:38am On Dec 19, 2015
Olaitan, Ede Suffered Heavy defeat; Solanke on Target, Dauda benched.

Former Flying Eagles star Michael Olaitan was in action for FC Twente in their 5-1 away loss to Vitesse on Friday in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Olaitan featured for 90 minutes while Chinedu Ede was introduced for Renato Tapia in the 64th minute.
Nigerian striker Abiola Dauda was an unused substitute for Vitesse while Dominic Solanke scored 10 minutes into the second half.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/olaitan-ede-suffered-heavy-deafeat-dominic-on-target-dauda-benched/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2015
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

No doubt about it but Victor Moses was arguably Nigeria's best player at AFCON. Besides, your link showed nothing.

It did not go into details but the person is saying he was class. At the AFCON, Ruud Gullit read out Mikel's stats and said, how can they give the best player award to another player.

It is sad that despite the developments in technology, Africans lack behind in providing stats.

The journalist there is saying Mikel was clearly the best he just did not go into full details.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2015
safarigirl:
the fact that he has seen the back of 10 managers should tell you he must be doing something right.

Now that Mourinho is gone, you might just see Matic being sold, some players are priceless even on that bench......

I repeat, faceless forums give the wrong people a voice to roast people with more achievements than they can ever get.
the only thing Mikel does right is loyalty and mute keeping...

..he can't even fight for his place...

yes we criticize as at when due.. or u just expect me to keep mute and not express my views just because a certain sect of individuals thinks otherwise?.. .

AND MOREOVER HE IS A PUBLIC FIGURE...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

[b]Excerpts from the Comment section of the article.

Benoit BehLong Ago
I thought Mikel should have been the best player too. I was quite surprised to see Pitroipa receive the award, one reason being that his team lost. But secondly because there were at least 4 other players that were better in the tournament. I could see him more as a flair player with great skills but I didn't see him as that solid to be considered the best in the tournament. Mikel was consistent throughout the tournament and without him in Nigeria's midfield, I am not sure they would have been able to handle the tough guns like CIV and Mali. I wasn't surprised when I read that he had the most accurate passes in the entire tournament too and I think he had 3 or 4 assists too.

He was very disciplined and was always available to assist in defence which is very important. Most notably his performance against the Ivorians. I thought he was simply outstanding and ensured that the likes of Yaya Toure and Drogba were nearly marked out of the game.

ike oluLong Ago
I am still trying to understand why Pritopia was named tournament MVP. However, with all due respect he was excellent for his side. Maybe it was given to him as consolation for a Cinderella storied B/Fasso side. Congrats to the Burkinabes!

On the other hand, those that watched the action packed tournament can testify that Mikel was pure CLASS in comparison to his peers.

His touches, space management, assists, stealth, tackles, leadership skills, discipline, composure and humility........... TOP CLASS!!!!

He may not have officially been named the tournament MVP, but in the minds and mouths of the millions that watched the beautiful tournament...... John Mikel Obi led the SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA to the promise land.

Benoit BehLong Ago
I'm really tired of all the Mikel bashers. The "sideways pass" internet myth is now to me hillarious. Want to talk about sideways passing, I can't count the number of sideways passes Lamps makes before he runs to the penalty box in search of a goal (I still love him though, legend forever). But my point is that for some reason Mikel gets stuck with this label from nowhere by a hand full of people who scrutinize and wait for that one pass to judge his career on. In the CL final, Cech and Drogba got all the plaudits for their heroics but watch that game and pay attention to Mikel.

He was incredible.. motm performance. I watched him in all his games in the Afcon tournament and he was simply outstanding. His role is slightly different, and as its been pointed out,I think the quality in his midfield team is stronger than at Chelseas (might be surprising but true) Anyway those that have their minds made up about Mikel's game are stuck with it. 100% agree with @Ike that Chelsea needs an able CM to partner Mikel if the double pivot is the way forward. But can't wait for him to get back to Chelsea, he's been severly missed. Personally I just enjoy watching those pin point passes, and such composure in midfield. At just 25 he's added an international medal to his already impressive trophy cabinet.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:03am On Dec 19, 2015
krattoss:
the only thing Mikel does right is loyalty and mute keeping...

..he can't even fight for his place...

yes we criticize as at when due.. or u just expect me to keep mute and not express my views just because a certain sect of individuals thinks otherwise?.. .

AND MOREOVER HE IS A PUBLIC FIGURE...

Mikel tried speaking out against Benitez for not telling Luiz to play as a defensive midfielder. That led to Benitez dropping Mikel from the finals.

I have told you, shoes are different. When Wenger dropped Kanu on the bench despite him being better than most of the Arsenal players, did you here Kanu complain one day?

Africans are in different positions. See Adebayor at Tottenham benching for Harry Kane. Look at how Rodgers unfairly benched Moses or Mourinho treating Moses like thrash. Did you hear him complain?

Seydou Keita was on the bench for a long time at Barca despite his massive talent. When Guardiola benched Xavi and tried Keita in the 3-0 thrashing of Mallorca, the commentator said after A Seydou Keita pass to Messi, "Who needs Xavi?"

Did you here Keita complain? Did You here Yaya complain when he was playing as a defender at Barcelona?

It is only Mikel you will see.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

We should forget Gullit and bleacherreport and trust your judgment. Nope.

after reading this I found myself smilling like the supernerd - where went that dude sef?
back to the matter don't rely on gull it and bleacher report bro have your own opinion bro don't be a mental slave digesting every word they tell u hook line and sinker.
u said Mikel was our best performer I gave u lot of matches that says otherwise I even threw u a challenge to give me a match he performed so well and I will give u 3 matches he flopped on a whole scale but all u can come up with is gullit and some bleached reports.
good day bro have a nyc day
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
Tomtoxic:

after reading this I found myself smilling like the supernerd - where went that dude sef?
back to the matter don't rely on gull it and bleacher report bro have your own opinion bro don't be a mental slave digesting every word they tell u hook line and sinker.
u said Mikel was our best performer I gave u lot of matches that says otherwise I even threw u a challenge to give me a match he performed so well and I will give u 3 matches he flopped on a whole scale but all u can come up with is gullit and some bleached reports.
good day bro have a nyc day

I watched the tournament and Mikel was the best player. A lot of Nigerians will call Mikel SlOwbi even when he performed well. So I am pointing out foreigners who support my views that Mikel was head above heels of the other players in the tournament.

These are references to back my point, so it does not look like I am being Bias. Mikel was clearly the best.

The Cote D'Ivoire and Mali games were the icing of the cake.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It did not go into details but the person is saying he was class. At the AFCON, Ruud Gullit read out Mikel's stats and said, how can they give the best player award to another player.

It is sad that despite the developments in technology, Africans lack behind in providing stats.

The journalist there is saying Mikel was clearly the best he just did not go into full details.

The issue is not about Mikel performance, the issue is Mikel was not a bench warmer prior to the AFCON.

Therefore, It is expected that no bench warmer will make the trip to RIO Olympics. That's all.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
safarigirl:
lol....he scored the first goal? I thought you said he put up a MOTM performance.

Scoring against a better team than CP does not make him better or even anywhere close to an Iheanacho that got a goal and 2 assists on his full debut......and like thegoodjoe said, if the boy was that good, he would have been made third choice striker in Chelsea instead of being loaned out for a Falcao that Dzeko is better than.

Stop trying to market stale bread over fresh one mbok

Yes, maybe I was wrong..

I thought you said Mikel was a bench warmer prior to the AFCON. As you can see, he was not a bench warmer.

The boy was so good, that he was made the 4th choice striker in Chelsea last season behind Diego Costa, Drogba and Remy just at the age of 16.

Dzeko better than Falcao? shocked

A player that scored almost 40 goals in 4 consecutive football seasons before he got injured for 7 month in Monaco. Is worst than Dzeko? shocked grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

The issue is not about Mikel performance, the issue is Mikel was not a bench warmer prior to the AFCON.

Therefore, It is expected that no bench warmer will make the trip to RIO Olympics. That's all.

Paul Scholes was retired and Ferguson notice he lacked a genuine pass master to keep his team on top. He brought Scholes out of retirement back to the squad.

Coach Siasia plays an expansive football system. You can not do well in that system without a pass master. So he can carry a thousand midfielders who play regularly, it will not be the same as with a genuine pass master.

All those bench warmer talk is funny because we have seen guys go from the bench of many teams and dominate in others.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

Yes, maybe I was wrong..

I thought you said Mikel was a bench warmer prior to the AFCON. As you can see, he was not a bench warmer.

The boy was so good, that he was made the 4th choice striker in Chelsea last season behind Diego Costa, Drogba and Remy just at the age of 16.

A player that scored almost 40 goals in 4 consecutive football seasons before he got injured for 7 month in Monaco. Is worst than Dzeko? shocked grin

In the last three seasons, between Falcao and Dzeko, who has been the better player. Then you will get safarigirl's point.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

The issue was not bench warmer but I said Mikel has been the best player of the Super Eagles since the resurgence under Coach Keshi.

It is funny our coaches want to drop him because a myopic coach chose to dump him after Mikel finished behind Yaya Toure as the second best player in Africa.

The Hater Mourinho dropped him on the bench that same month. Our coaches are ready to use that excuse to drop our best player, instead of showing Mourinho he was wrong.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
Well, all these Mikel argument by all parties involved is still all abt whether he should b included in the Olympic team right? My take on the issue is if Siasia wants to invite Mikel we still also need Onazi in d DMF. Mikel and Onazi midfield partnership has proven d best for the Super Eagles for d past 3yrs. For the other Over-aged player I would want a Central Defender, with Ambrose as my first choice. Kenneth Omeruo is U23 & can partner well with Ambrose in d centre of the defense. The best available U23 players can man d right and left backs positions.

We dnt need Ighalo and Musa in that team.

Cc: forgiveness, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl, Tomtoxic, all other parties in d Mikel argument.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
Icon4s:
Well, all these Mikel argument by all parties involved is still all abt whether he should b included in the Olympic team right? My take on the issue is if Siasia wants to invite Mikel we still also need Onazi in d DMF. Mikel and Onazi midfield partnership has proven d best for the Super Eagles for d past 3yrs. For the other Over-aged player I would want a Central Defender, with Ambrose as my first choice. Kenneth Omeruo is U23 & can partner well with Ambrose in d centre of the defense. The best available U23 players can man d right and left backs positions.

We dnt need Ighalo and Musa in that team.

Cc: forgiveness, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl, Tomixity, all other parties in d Mikel argument.

I agree with you, especially with Ambrose. My concern about Ambrose was the Celtics against Barca that Neymar made him look immobile.

If not, Ambrose is the best defender that can suit Coach Siasia's pattern. I do not understand how injury made Oboabona drop in form. That guy was a beast for us in the early time of Coach Keshi. He was fast and good with the ball.

My problem with Onazi is just that he does not like to sit back and shield the defence. That is the only problem. Apart from that, that boy is a work horse. His marking is excellent. He can track a running midfielder like he did against Matuidi.

If Coach Siasia calls him, he has to let Onazi know that there is a reason why the word defensive comes first in defensive midfielder.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Paul Scholes was retired and Ferguson notice he lacked a genuine pass master to keep his team on top. He brought Scholes out of retirement back to the squad.

Coach Siasia plays an expansive football system. You can not do well in that system without a pass master. So he can carry a thousand midfielders who play regularly, it will not be the same as with a genuine pass master.

All those bench warmer talk is funny because we have seen guys go from the bench of many teams and dominate in others.

So, you mean Mikel is the only pass master Nigeria has ever produced and will be the only one Nigeria will produce?

Bros, Iheanacho na geniue pass master. Aneke na geniue pass master.

Note: I am an ardent fan of Mikel.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

Yes, maybe I was wrong..

as at the time Chelsea bought Falcao from United was he better than Dzeko?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

So, you mean mean Mikel is only pass master Nigeria has ever produce and will be the only Nigeria will produce?

Bros, Iheanacho na geniue pass master. Aneke na geniue pass master.

Note: I am an ardent fan of Mikel.

Iheanacho ke. Iheanacho most times relies on skills to beat his opponent. A pass master focuses more on his simple passes to unlock the team and control his game.

You see Nacho a lot of time take on players. Mikel keeps it simple most of the time.

That was why Ferguson was crazy about him. It is just like Carrick and Busquets. Even in tight situations, they look for who to pass to.

I have not watched Aneke well to tell if he is a pass master.

Pass masters hardly go on the run with the ball.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

In the last three seasons, between Falcao and Dzeko, who has been the better player. Then you will get safarigirl's point.

Bros, statistics showed that Falcao is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar better than Dzeko in the last three seasons or at any point.

How many goals did Dzeko score in the last season? He scored 6 goals in all 36 matches while Falcao who just came back from long injury, scored 6 goals in all 32 matches(for both Monaco & Man United). Dzeko was a starter in 23 league matches while Falcao was a starter in only 14 league matches for Man United.

In the 2013/2014 season, Falcao had already scored 11 goals in all the 19 matches he played before he suffered injury on 23rd January 2014 which effectively ended his 2013/2014 season entirely. On the other side, Dzeko played a total of 48 matches and scored 26 goals.

Falcao blossomed in the 2012/2013 season with 34 goals out of all the 41 matches he played for Athletico Madrid. Meanwhile, the almighty Dzeko of Man City scored only 15 goals in all the 45 matches he played that season.

Is Dzeko still better than Falcao?

Note: This season is not yet over.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2015
forgiveness:

Bros, statistics showed that Falcao is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar better than Dzeko in the last three seasons or at any point.

How many goals did Dzeko score in the last season? He scored 6 goals in all 36 matches while Falcao who just came back from long injury, scored 6 goals in all 32 matches(for both Monaco & Man United). Dzeko was a starter in 23 league matches while Falcao was a starter in only 14 league matches for Man United.

In the 2013/2014 season, Falcao had already scored 11 goals in all the 19 matches he played before he suffered injury on 23rd January 2014 which effectively ended his 2013/2014 season entirely. On the other side, Dzeko played a total of 48 matches and scored 26 goals.

Falcao blossomed in the 2012/2013 season with 34 goals out of all the 41 matches he played for Athletico Madrid. Meanwhile, the almighty Dzeko of Man City scored only 15 goals in all the 45 matches he played that season.

Is Dzeko still better than Falcao?

Note: This season is not yet over.

By farr and then you use starter in Stats you want to use to justify Falcao and then use played in stats you want to use to justify Falcao.

In 2013-2014 season, Negredo and Aguero led the line. Dzeko was a reserved Striker. When Negredo injured Dzeko kept on scoring until we won the league.

So do not make it look like if Dzeko played all matches and scored a total of 26 goals.

I am a huge fan of Falcao. Watching him since his days at River Plate with Alexi Sanchez and Buonanote.

Since Falcao's days at Monaco, to Man Utd and Chelsea, he is no more the player he used to be. We hope he can get back his form but there is more to a player than goals.

Falcao at the moment is not reliable, let alone a player to get the farrrr tag.

In a dwindling Chelsea and a Costa scoring only three Premier League goals, Mourinho could not call on Falcao to help the team. Talk less of statistics says he is farrrr.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

By farr and then you use starter in Stats you want to use to justify Falcao and then use played in stats you want to use to justify Falcao.

In 2013-2014 season, Negredo and Aguero led the line. Dzeko was a reserved Striker. When Negredo injured Dzeko kept on scoring until we won the league.

So do not make it look like if Dzeko played all matches and scored a total of 26 goals.

I am a huge fan of Falcao. Watching him since his days at River Plate with Alexi Sanchez and Buonanote.

Since Falcao's days at Monaco, to Man Utd and Chelsea, he is no more the player he used to be. We hope he can get back his form but there is more to a player than goals.

Falcao at the moment is not reliable, let alone a player to get the farrrr tag.

In a dwindling Chelsea and a Costa scoring only three Premier League goals, Mourinho could not call on Falcao to help the team. Talk less of statistics says he is farrrr.

That is why I said Falcao is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar better than a reserve striker. While Dzeko was still a reserve striker in 2013/2014 season, Falcao had already led the line previously for one of the best team in the Spanish league and was as at then leading the line for one of the best club in the French league. In his first and only season in the Ligue 1, he scored 9 goals in 17 league games and 2 goals in 2 Coupe de france matches. he was able to achieve all these before he got injured at the middle of the season which entirely ruled him out of the 2013/2014.

Does that sounds like someone who lost form?

You said the reserve player didn't play in all the 38 League matches in 2013/2014, but how did he manage to play 31 matches(started 23 and 8 times as substitute) that same season? Remember, he only scored 16 goals in the League and the rest are from other competitions. Divide the 16 by 9 what do you get?
That was what Falcao scored at middle of the season before suffered injury that rule him out of the season(not his form).

I am not even talking about Dzeko's form last season which you have tactical ignored. If when put in the scale both are equally found wanting. Although, Falcao somehow surpassed him based on the statistics on ground.

However, Falcao season at Monaco was merely based on injury and not his form. While his season at Man United superceded that of Dzeko last season.

At Chelsea.... the season is still on.

So, we can boldly say without any contradiction that Falcao is better than Dzeko in recent times.

Na wetin we go take know striker again if no be by em goal again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.