Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,133 members, 7,852,851 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (703629 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
AIG07:
do you really think Nacho n Simon will be available for that match?
That's really a tough question dude! But since they are on (Season) break, I guess they gonna make it!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lardy96(m): 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
Iheanacho was unfit, says Ugbade Nduka Ugbade, assistant coach of Nigeria’s Under-20 team, has revealed that lack of fitness played a part in Kelechi Iheanacho’s travails at the 2015 Fifa Under-20 World Cup in New Zealand. Iheanacho started Nigeria’s first game of the competition against Brazil but never started another game as the Flying Eagles bowed out in the round of 16 following a truly dour defeat to Germany. Ugbade has now moved to explain that Iheanacho was a few paces behind most of his teammates at the World Cup. “There are no big names in our team. We gave (players like) Kelechi Iheanacho and Success Isaac the opportunity. Everybody in the team was treated like equals. “If Kelechi is such a big name as many say he is, how come he is not playing in the first team at Manchester City? He (Iheanacho) came into the camp with just two days to our first match and that was not good enough for him to play all the matches. “His level of fitness was not (at par with) the others and that was the main issue. People do not make decisions for us whether or not Kelechi plays,” he told Nigeria Info FM. Iheanacho played in just two games (one as a substitute) in Nigeria’s campaign in New Zealand.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
lardy96:

He (Iheanacho) came into the camp with just
two days to our first match and that was not
good enough for him to play all the matches.
see Day light LIE from the pit of HELL. Iheneacho joined the team 2 days to our match? Aaah uncle Ugbade you can Lie ooo. Iheneacho that was already in New Zealand before you guys arrived from Germany. Why must you lie to us for your failure.

The boy wasn't fit abi? Yet he was already balling for the EDS team before traveling to New zealand, how come he wasn't fit again.

One thing I know for sure is that Nacho was already in New zealand before you arrived from Germany and by my count that is not 2 days to our first game.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
These coaches annoy me with their lies. Man City is known for fitness. We have one of the best fitness crew in Europe, if not the best in Europe. That is why our players recover from injuries and perform very well. City declared Nacho fit and allowed him travel for the tournament.

The Flying Eagles medical crew declared him fit. So how can Ugbade use that as an excuse.

lardy96:
Iheanacho was unfit, says Ugbade
Nduka Ugbade,
assistant coach of
Nigeria’s Under-20
team, has revealed
that lack of fitness
played a part in
Kelechi Iheanacho’s
travails at the 2015
Fifa Under-20 World
Cup in New Zealand.
Iheanacho started Nigeria’s first game of the
competition against Brazil but never started
another game as the Flying Eagles bowed out in
the round of 16 following a truly dour defeat to
Germany.
Ugbade has now moved to explain that
Iheanacho was a few paces behind most of his
teammates at the World Cup.
“There are no big names in our team. We gave
(players like) Kelechi Iheanacho and Success
Isaac the opportunity. Everybody in the team
was treated like equals.
“If Kelechi is such a big name as many say he
is, how come he is not playing in the first team
at Manchester City?
“His level of fitness was not (at par with) the
others and that was the main issue.
People do not make decisions for us whether or
not Kelechi plays,” he told Nigeria Info FM.
Iheanacho played in just two games (one as a
substitute) in Nigeria’s campaign in New
Zealand.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mijestic: 12:07am On Jun 25, 2015
Its clear now for all to see that Nacho's U20 coaches had a beef with him. Wetin concern agbero concern overload? What's Ugbade's business with whether nacho plays for d first team of City or not? The lad was the MVP at d last u17 world cup and isn't dat enough reason for him to be a big name? In case Ugbade is unaware, that singular award earned him a work permit in the UK, a feat many of his mates and even his seniors wont achieve in years. Even d Moses Simon that is a regular at his club was not played. So whats dis rubbish Ugbade is spewing? Someone that was bangin in beautiful goals just days before the first match. So he did not know he wasn't match fit wen he and Manu started him against Brazil? He and his boss are certainly deficient. They should open their eyes wide and see the young man flourish in d colours of man city soon. I've had enough of the failures of nigerian coaches.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2015
mijestic:
Its clear now for all to see that Nacho's U20 coaches had a beef with him. Wetin concern agbero concern overload? What's Ugbade's business with whether nacho plays for d first team of City or not? The lad was the MVP at d last u17 world cup and isn't dat enough reason for him to be a big name? In case Ugbade is unaware, that singular award earned him a work permit in the UK, a feat many of his mates and even his seniors wont achieve in years. Even d Moses Simon that is a regular at his club was not played. So whats dis rubbish Ugbade is spewing? Someone that was bangin in beautiful goals just days before the first match. So he did not know he wasn't match fit wen he and Manu started him against Brazil? He and his boss are certainly deficient. They should open their eyes wide and see the young man flourish in d colours of man city soon. I've had enough of the failures of nigerian coaches.
it is really really annoying and he even went on to lie that he arrived just 2 days to our first match(the same boy that was already in New zealand b4 the team sef). So why did they(Manu & Ugbade) start him against Brazil when they know that the boy is not match fit?.....

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lardy96(m): 7:38am On Jun 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
These coaches annoy me with their lies. Man City is known for fitness. We have one of the best fitness crew in Europe, if not the best in Europe. That is why our players recover from injuries and perform very well. City declared Nacho fit and allowed him travel for the tournament.

The Flying Eagles medical crew declared him fit. So how can Ugbade use that as an excuse.

the annoying part was that he said Why was the boy not playing for city's first team.so he has to play for city's first team before he can get a starting shirt for flying eagles?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by obaobirin: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by obaobirin: 10:27am On Jun 25, 2015
Good Morning house ...pls is there any news about Derik and co......
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Nigeria: Siasia Issues Friday Deadline to Muhammed, Others[/size]

Head Coach of the U-23 national team, Dream Team VI, Samson Siasia, has read the riot act by giving all invited home-based members of the Flying Eagles team that went to New Zealand, Friday June 26 as deadline to report to the team's camp or forget about the invitation.

Expressing anger at the attitude of the players to the invitation, Siasia said he cannot understand why players who called to beg for permission to see their families and rest a little would fail to report to camp after the one -week grace he granted.

"No player can hold the nation to ransom. This attitude of theirs is unprofessional. When the players arrived from the U-20 World Cup, they called me to beg for a grace period to rest a little, which I did, and they promised to report after one week. It is now more than one week and none of them is around." Siasia disclosed that the Friday deadline is to give the players the benefit of doubt.

Siasia had invited Captain Musa Mohammed, strikers Godwin Saviour, Taiwo Awoniyi and goalkeeper Dele Alampasu, who are based at home to report to camp on Monday, June 22, while the overseas-based players Kingsley Sokari, Musa Yahaya, Kelechi Iheanacho and Moses Simon have been given until two weeks to the African U-23 Championship qualifier against Congo billed for Port Harcourt on July 19. Already, Sharks FC defender Chima Akas and his Warri Wolves counterpart, Semiu Liadi alongside the overseas-based Umar Aminu, Shehu Abdullahi and Ikechukwu Okorie have all reported to camp, cutting short their break.

Meanwhile, Siasia has denied reports making the rounds in the media that he has invited a Norway-based defender, Sola Akinyemi to the Dream Team, saying that before any player is invited from abroad to any of the National Teams, there is a process to be followed with the NFF giving the nod for such invitation.

While thanking the media for all the support since he took over the U-23 team, Coach Siasia appealed for thorough verification of any information before publication.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by LeeCodeman: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
lardy96:
Iheanacho was unfit, says Ugbade
Nduka Ugbade,
assistant coach of
Nigeria’s Under-20
team, has revealed
that lack of fitness
played a part in
Kelechi Iheanacho’s
travails at the 2015
Fifa Under-20 World
Cup in New Zealand.
Iheanacho started Nigeria’s first game of the
competition against Brazil but never started
another game as the Flying Eagles bowed out in
the round of 16 following a truly dour defeat to
Germany.
Ugbade has now moved to explain that
Iheanacho was a few paces behind most of his
teammates at the World Cup.
“There are no big names in our team. We gave
(players like) Kelechi Iheanacho and Success
Isaac the opportunity. Everybody in the team
was treated like equals.
“If Kelechi is such a big name as many say he
is, how come he is not playing in the first team
at Manchester City?
“His level of fitness was not (at par with) the
others and that was the main issue.
People do not make decisions for us whether or
not Kelechi plays,” he told Nigeria Info FM.
Iheanacho played in just two games (one as a
substitute) in Nigeria’s campaign in New
Zealand.

This is one of the worst lies I have ever heard a coach spew. Everything about his statement reads HATE. How can you say that if he is such a big guy, why is he not playing for the first team. Very stupid thing to say. There is NOBODY in the Super Eagles' team that would command a shirt in the Citizens' team.

The wicked coaches should park well jor.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Crystal Palace are close to trumping Swansea City to the signing of Benfica winger Ola John, Goal understands.

The 23-year-old looked to be heading to the Liberty Stadium, with the player's brother, Collins John, revealing in May that the Swans had made the best impression after talks.

"Some other clubs in the Premier League were interested, but Ola had the best feeling with Swansea City," the former Fulham striker told Voetbal International.

"Last season Swansea already tried to sign Ola, but the transfer failed at the very last moment. The club followed him after that in the hope of agreeing a contract with him. That moment is very close."

John has two years left on his current deal with the Portuguese giants, but they are ready to cash in on the one-time Netherlands international after a move to failed to materialise last summer.

Goal understands that Pardew has already met with John and is confident of securing his first summer addition after seeing Brede Hangeland pen a new contract and planning extension talks with James McArthur.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
LeeCodeman:

This is one of the worst lies I have ever heard a coach spew. Everything about his statement reads HATE. How can you say that if he is such a big guy, why is he not playing for the first team. Very stupid thing to say. There is NOBODY in the Super Eagles' team that would command a shirt in the Citizens' team.

I have been following Brila Fm for as long as I can remember..
I must confess Ugbade is a proud fellow, I used to think it was confidence now I better..
He is jealous that this boys are going places...

Most Super Eagles Players will not be admitted in the EDS team talk more of getting playing time.
Mikel will not be able to command a first team shirt at Etihad, he will have to come from the bench.
In his playing days, he never did what this young lad did. Why will he have to pick on the young lad? was he the only foreign pro in the team? ?. A great talent in moses Simon didn't get to play in the tournament. A great talented winger in Belgium and amongst the best..

I can shoot this man with a pistol..
This is the case of teaching a boy how to fish but he ended up becoming a better fisherman than his Teacher. One day he will swallow back his words..

Loud mouthed Ugbade..

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
Badosqi:
see Day light LIE from the pit of HELL. Iheneacho joined the team 2 days to our match? Aaah uncle Ugbade you can Lie ooo. Iheneacho that was already in New Zealand before you guys arrived from Germany. Why must you lie to us for your failure.

The boy wasn't fit abi? Yet he was already balling for the EDS team before traveling to New zealand, how come he wasn't fit again.

One thing I know for sure is that Nacho was already in New zealand before you arrived from Germany and by my count that is not 2 days to our first game.
sir, you just said what was on my mind. 'Nacho not a big name cos he hasn't break into city 1st 11'-ugbade has just disappointed me. If Nacho was white mehn forget d rest. I hope d guy come7 back fit and proves his doubters wrong-cos he is a rare gem!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
LeeCodeman:

what's a big name? I think every football team either in a 5-aside game or 11-aside will always have an outstanding player(s)-THE BIG MAN in which d team, no matter how clueless about d game they maybe will have to rely on to do d magic. Even Keshi's clueless team will have to rely on Enyeama to do d magic in other to avert a defeat and mostly these kind of players are morale booster n can inspire their teams to victory-NACHO was ours at d u-17n joined by Simon at this yrs u-20. Even d old spain got Iniesta n xavi, italy got pirlo, chelsea got hazard, stoke sef got Charlie Adams talkless of burkinafaso's bounce. I rest my case. Mr. Ugbade n Manu abeg pack well-accept d responsibility of the team's failure and lets move on.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daninya11:
Crystal Palace are close to trumping Swansea City to the signing of Benfica winger Ola John, Goal understands.

The 23-year-old looked to be heading to the Liberty Stadium, with the player's brother, Collins John, revealing in May that the Swans had made the best impression after talks.

"Some other clubs in the Premier League were interested, but Ola had the best feeling with Swansea City," the former Fulham striker told Voetbal International.

"Last season Swansea already tried to sign Ola, but the transfer failed at the very last moment. The club followed him after that in the hope of agreeing a contract with him. That moment is very close."

John has two years left on his current deal with the Portuguese giants, but they are ready to cash in on the one-time Netherlands international after a move to failed to materialise last summer.

Goal understands that Pardew has already met with John and is confident of securing his first summer addition after seeing Brede Hangeland pen a new contract and planning extension talks with James McArthur.

Dude this guy is nt a Nigerian. He is of Liberian descent.

Have also Heard of another Liberian by name Teko Oliseh?

In other news: The mods have been banning me for abt 2weeks now. Any time I made a comment on this thread I got banned! angry
It is a miracle that i have nt been banned for this particular comment.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Icon4s:

Dude this guy is nt a Nigerian. He is a Liberian.

In other news: The mods have been banning me for abt 2weeks now. Any time I made a comment on this thread I got banned! angry

Thanks sir for the correction. It came handy. .
I have not heard of teko Oliseh

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daninya11:

Thanks sir for the correction. It came handy. .
I have not heard of teko Oliseh

U are welcome. The "Ola" in his name makes him seem Nigerian right? cheesy

Teko Oliseh played for Liberia against Nigeria during d AFCON 2013 Qualifiers.
He has no Nigerian link.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
[b]It is disappointing that the top figures of Udinesse and the agent of Isaac Success did not accept the 5 million euros bid for Isaac Success from Inter Milan.

That offer is good for Success because he is still raw and will need a lot of developmental work to turn him into a World Class Superstar. Going to Inter Milan will give Success a chance to work with Roberto Mancini who trained some of the best strikers in the game of football.

Mancini groomed Martins Obafemi into one of the fiercest attackers in the Serie A. He signed a highly talented Adriano and turned him into the deadliest attacker in the game. He brought in a young Balotelli into the Inter Milan squad and turned him into a star.

Mancini was the one who converted Aguero into a point man after he signed him from Atletico Madrid. Mancini's current work on the promising Italian attacker, Mario Icardi is clear for all to see.

I hope the top figures of Udinesse and Success' Manager and Agent considers the young man's career first.[/b]
i think they may sent him to watford
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by edi287: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
Icon4s:

Dude this guy is nt a Nigerian. He is of Liberian descent.

Sekou not Teko.
Think you're mixing him up with Teko Modise of SA
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
LeeCodeman:

NFF will not do any thing but if it were Keshi ehn person 4 no fit hear world. 10 committees would have been set to know why he did not invite or feature a particular player bla bla bla.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
Icon4s:

U are welcome. The "Ola" in his name makes him seem Nigerian right? cheesy

Teko Oliseh played for Liberia against Nigeria during d AFCON 2013 Qualifiers.
He has no Nigerian link.

He was adopted by one of Oliseh's brother. I think he is an orphan but he is Nigerian based on his adoption but he chose to play for Liberia, the country of his birth.

His name is Sekou Oliseh and plays for CSKA Moscow.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:13am On Jun 26, 2015
I suppose u meant Burkina faso's Bance (i.e. Aristide Bance) not 'bounce'
*smiles*

AIG07:
what's a big name? I think every football team either in a 5-aside game or 11-aside will always have an outstanding player(s)-THE BIG MAN in which d team, no matter how clueless about d game they maybe will have to rely on to do d magic. Even Keshi's clueless team will have to rely on Enyeama to do d magic in other to avert a defeat and mostly these kind of players are morale booster n can inspire their teams to victory-NACHO was ours at d u-17n joined by Simon at this yrs u-20. Even d old spain got Iniesta n xavi, italy got pirlo, chelsea got hazard, stoke sef got Charlie Adams talkless of burkinafaso's bounce. I rest my case. Mr. Ugbade n Manu abeg pack well-accept d responsibility of the team's failure and lets move on.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
I suppose u meant Burkina faso's Bance (i.e. Aristide Bance) not 'bounce'
*smiles*

thank u Sir. The guy was really a threat to the 2013AFCON glory.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
The Flying Eagles domestic quartet invited by coach Samson Siasia to the Under-23 side have beat the Friday deadline to report to camp.
Siasia had earlier in the week issued the players with the Friday deadline to report to camp.
First to hit camp was winger Godwin Saviour who joined the camp on Thursday.
On Friday, striker Taiwo Awoniyi joined his teammates looking trim and ready for the job at hand. He was followed by long-time captain and defender Musa Mohammed and goalkeeper Dele Alampasu.
With the quartet in camp the team is expected to swing into full preparation for the first fixture clash against Congo Brazzaville.
The 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics qualifying match fixture will be held on Sunday, July 19, at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt.
Siasia has however released the elite players to their clubs for the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) match day 14 ties on Sunday.
The players are expected to rejoin their teammates on Monday to commence intense preparations for the Olympics clash against the Central African side.
http://mobi.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/150626/Eagles_beat_Siasias_deadline

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Iheanacho, Yahaya, Isaac Promise destabilized Flying Eagles – Coach

Nigeria U20 assistant coach, Nduka Ugbade feels that the technical crew’s limited time to work on the foreign-based players was the key reason why the Flying Eagles failed at the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand, according to an interview with Goal.
Manchester City prodigy Kelechi Iheanacho, Tottenham’s Musa Yahaya and Granada striker Isaac Promise were all left to play mini roles in Nigeria’s campaign.
He blamed the lack of time for the foreign based players to blend in as reason why the African champions crashed out on the world stage in the second round after losing 1-0 to Germany.

Kelechi Iheanacho (r) controls the ball during the 6-goal thriller against Brazil.
“That was not what we expected considering what the team has achieved all through the year but at this point, it is very difficult to analyse what the situation is,” Ugbade said in an interview with Goal.
“The error we made was bringing the foreign-based players into the team and not having enough time to work with them. It really affected the team psychologically and it became very difficult to come out of it till we crashed out of the competition against Germany.
“For almost one year and a half, we had not worked together. The fitness level and tactical approach in U20 were totally different from what was obtainable at U17.”
The former Super Eagles player also explained why his team lost to Brazil and Germany in the championship.
“At the U17 level, it was training to compete while at the U20 level it was high performance. This affected our psyche. In our first game against Brazil, we were supposed to win because we created a lot of chances,” he continued.
“In terms of playing, there was limited technical ability on the part of individual players when compared with the South Americans, this really affected the team.
“Psychology comes into a game such as that coming from the belief that they scored a lot of goals in the group stage. The weather was too cold in Christchurch as well as the one in Plymouth and it affected us a lot.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/iheanacho-yahaya-isaac-promise-destabilized-flying-eagles-coach/

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dream Team V1 beat Candy FC 6-1 in friendly

Nigeria U23 team defeated Candy Football Club 6-1 in a test match ahead of the 2015 African U23 Championship qualifier against Congo billed for July 19.
A brace each Kehinde Olanrewaju and Tombara Tiongoli plus strikes from Uzor Adigibe and Godwin Saviour were all the Dream Team needed to spank the non-league side on Friday afternoon as the Abuja based team got their lone goal through Ifeanyi Emmanuel.

Olanrewaju opened scoring for the national side in the 10th minute of the game as they raced to a 5-0 lead at the end of the first half.

The second half saw Samson Siasia’s boys make changes to the entire squad, with Taiwo Awoniyi, Saviour and some others introduced to the team.

Both substitutes Awoniyi and Saviour combined well in the 70th minute to make it 6-0.

Candy FC which had the likes of Super Eagles player Juwon Oshaniwa, ex-Enyimba International striker Uduak Idem-Okon and Habib Makanjuola of Chelsea FC’s feeder team got their lone goal later on.

“I am happy that the players are all here to express themselves and fight for a place in the team,” Siasia told media after the game.

“They have to continue to play well to convince us that they are good enough to be part of the squad.

“We have less than a month to gel and we are trying to ensure that we have a team that can do the country proud,’’ he concluded.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
Return Super Eagles to Lagos, says Oliseh

The former Nigeria skipper believes the National Stadium in Lagos will help bring the best out of the Super Eagles during international games

Former Nigeria international Sunday Oliseh has clamoured for the Super Eagles’ return to the National Stadium, Lagos for their international matches.
In the space of 12 months, the former African champions have played in several stadia in the country where they have recorded contrasting results.

According to the former Borrusia Dortmund star, the surest bet for the country to remain invincible at home is by bring them back to their former fortress in Lagos.

“It’s a lot easier now to play for Nigeria and I guess that is one of the reasons we are not doing so well now. In those days, you go to the National Stadium, Lagos in front 100, 000 fans,” Oliseh said during an interview with Brila Fm.

“After 20 minutes, you have not scored, the fans go crazy and your family lives in Lagos; that is pressure. When you go to the Africa Cup of Nations or the World Cup and you know that second is not enough; that is pressure. When you have to play and the future of your family is at stake; that is pressure.

“I’m overtly telling them that if we want to go back to the top; we need to bring the Super Eagles back to Lagos

“If England have an important match to play, they play you at Wembley because that is where they have the greatest number of fans and that is where it becomes emotional for the players. The National Stadium is our own Wembley.

“I played for Nigeria for 10 years and we never lost at the National Stadium. That shows you how mythical it was to play there. The players need that kind of atmosphere to perform,” he concluded.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]2016 Olympics: Rivers to Host Qualifying Matches
Rivers State has been granted the hosting rights for the 2016 Olympic Games qualifying matches scheduled for the 18th and 19th July, 2015 by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). While the Super Falcons will slog it out with Equatorial Guinea on the 18th of July, the U-23 national teams will face their counterparts from Congo on Sunday, July 19th.
To ensure a successful hosting, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has set up an 11-man committee to be chaired by a former commissioner for sports, Hon. Boma Iyaye.
Other members are Eddy Mark; a former Green Eagles Star, Adokiye Amiesimaka, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Opunabo Inko-Tariah; the NFF Chairman in Rivers State; the Chairman of the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, Rivers State, Albert Chinwo.
Others are ex-Nigeria International, Mercy Akidi; a representative from the Department of State Security and a representative of the Nigerian Police while the permanent Secretary, Rivers State Ministry of Sports is to serve as secretary of the committee.[/b]

nationalmirroronline.net/new/2016-olympics-rivers-to-host-qualifying-matches/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]Dream Team Must Defend Together, says Maikaba
Wikki Tourists’ head coach Abdu Maikaba has admonished the handlers of the U-23 national team to tell the players to work on collective defending especially when the lose possession after a foiled counter-attack.
The Bauchi side made of reserved players held Samson Siasia’s U-23 team to a 3-3 draw and Maikaba, in a chat with SportingLife, advised the team to work on retracing their steps when they go forward to get goals, so that their opponents do not capitalise on this to nail them.
Maikaba admitted that the U-23 side were better against his team with their all-attacking style of play but that they got their three goals through their foes’ inability to defend after they lost the initiative in attack.
“The U-23 side are a good team and they dominated the game from the beginning to the end, but they failed to properly clear their lines after they lost possession in attack. We only created seven scoring chances and scored three goals as against them that had over 18 chances and only converted three too. If they can collectively defend it will make them a great side,” Maikaba told SportingLife.[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/new/dream-team-must-defend-together-says-maikaba/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]Taiwo Awoniyi: The New Bride of European Clubs
Most Nigerian that were hoping that 2015 would be the year the Flying Eagles will finally break the FIFA U20 World Cup jinx did not have to wait long to be disappointed as the Nigeria representative lost their first game 4-2 to Brazil but still managed to book a place in the second round of the completion. In their first knockout game against a more organised German side, the Nigerians crashed like pack of cards. The lackluster performance put up by the team did not however deter teams scrambling for the signature of a member of the team-Taiwo Awoniyi. From Europe to Africa clubs have been seeking for the Nigerian prodigy. Kunle Adewale in this report says Awoniyi should look before he leaps so as not to be a victim of greedy agents and managers who are just after their selfish gains than making the best out of the player
Many Nigeria players have had their football career cut short in the past due to the selfishness of agents across the globe. This is something Awoniyi should watch out for as he hopes to make a great leap in his footballing career.
If wishes were horses, beggars too will ride as Awoniyi has revealed his pleasure to play at the Stanford Bridge. Playing for Chelsea football club would be a dream come true for him in his football career.
Swedish club Kalmar have tied up an agreement to sign Awoniyi when he clocks 18 on August 12, 2015 after his scintillating performance for the Golden Eaglets at the 2013 FIFA Under 17 World Cup held in the United Arab Emirates caught the attention of scouts representing several European teams.
To prevent trafficking of underage players from the third world, FIFA transfer rules prevent clubs from signing footballers yet to reach the age of maturity. And it is that watertight regulation that has prevented Awoniyi from signing a professional contract.
Kalmar coaches know they have a jewel in their hands, and the young Nigerian has been training with the first team since his arrival in Scandinavia.
Before the product of Imperial Academy decided to pitch tent at the Guldfageln Arena, he was courted by Porto, Sporting Lisbon and Benfica.
However, Kalmar FF has admitted that the club could lose the Nigerian even before he signs a contract in August. Before the African Youth Championship a lot of European teams sent their scouts to Senegal to run the rule over the 17 -year - old, and in practice he could shred the preliminary agreement he has with Kalmar.
“That you never know. You cannot go around being worried, but somewhere I just had to enjoy the guy that he is making progress and that it goes in the right direction.
And it is also a sign that we are a little right there when we look at the players so it’s only positive that Taiwo is doing well,” sporting director of Kalmar, Thomas Andersson Borstam, told fotbollskanalen.se.
Bosstam added : “Then he has been in Kalmar now three or four times and become acquainted with us and feel comfortable with us and we are happy with him. So I think it may be a good step to begin in Sweden, first developed before taking the next step.”
Awoniyi was one of the top stars at the recent African Youth Championship in Senegal and has been linked with several top clubs in Europe and Africa.
Among the clubs believed to be chasing Awoniyi are FC Porto, Celtic and Red Bull Salzburg as well as Esperance of Tunisia, whose officials stormed the Flying Eagles training camp in Germany to try and convince the 17-year-old striker to sign for them.
“I’m still a free player, but I hope my future will be decided before the World Cup,” Awoniyi disclosed in an interview published by FIFA.com.
Meanwhile, a report by SL.10ng disclosed that Red Bull Salzburg, Olympiakos and RSC Anderlecht are also eyeing Awoniyi and the trio was in contact with his minders while Porto is planning a swoop as well.
Manchester United are also reported to have courted the attacker, with one of their representatives speaking directly with him, but the interest from Old Trafford has waned due to uncertainty surrounding his registration rights.
Regarding the 17-year-old’s ownership rights, there has been series of peace meetings between the Ilorin-based club and Seyi Olofinjana’s Imperial Soccer Academy and all the stakeholders had decided to work in the interest of Awoniyi and the country, with a new ownership-sharing agreement finalized.[/b]
To be continued in the next post.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.