Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,909 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702005 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:24am On Jun 19, 2015
Birmingham City Youngster Viv Solomon-Otabor in Line for International Action.

Winger could feature in Nigeria's African U23 Championship qualifier against Congo in July - but would miss some of Blues' pre-season.
Birmingham City youngster Viv Solomon-Otabor.
Reports in Nigeria claim Birmingham City winger Viv Solomon-Otabor could feature in an African Under 23 Championship qualifer next month.
African football website a llnigeriasoccer.com says the 19-year-old impressed during his week's training with Nigeria's Olympic national team recently.
They say coach Samson Siasia has hinted he could bring Solomon-Otabor back for the clash with Congo next month, the first leg of which is due to be played between July 17-19 and the second leg at the end of July.
Blues fixtures 2015/16 - Check out our interactive timeline
Whilst that would be a decent opportunity for the youngster, if he does go it could impact on his involvement with Blues' pre-season given the fact both the first team and development sides have several warm-up games during that period.
Solomon-Otabor enjoyed a decent finish to the end of last season in which he emerged as one of Richard Beale's leading attacking lights.
The next challenge for him is to show Gary Rowett he can put pressure on those ahead of him in the first team squad.
www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-youngster-viv-solomon-otabor-9486190

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:42am On Jun 19, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

You mean he should have invited more than five of the Flying Eagles players?

Is Siasia with the best under 23 players he can get? Is his left back better than Okon? Are his defensive midfielders better than Idowu? Is his right winger better than Simon Moses?

He should have invited the Flying Eagles players ie those available and pick the best team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:14am On Jun 19, 2015
Siasia and Keshi should please secure Derik Osede by inviting him. It is important we secure him before Spain.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:19am On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Is Siasia with the best under 23 players he can get? Is his left back better than Okon? Are his defensive midfielders better than Idowu? Is his right winger better than Simon Moses?

He should have invited the Flying Eagles players ie those available and pick the best team.

What if answers to those questions u raised are yes? U dnt know Siasia's team as much as he does.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:31am On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Toh by the time Congo draws in Nigeria like in the case of Mali, he will then invite more better players to salvage the situation away in Congo. SiaOne is fund of this you know.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Dude! We watched the U20 Lads as they were disgraced in New Zealand. They were very poor at ball possession; stringing of passes to lift you up your seat and clap for them was just a nightmare. How are you so sure they are better than the present U23 Team? Have you watched them play on many occasions? Remember the two legs friendlies they played in Egypt? They are not bad as you thought, and far better than the U20 Lads. Only few of the Lads are needed not all!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:32am On Jun 19, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Dude! We watched the U20 Lads as they were disgraced in New Zealand. They were very poor at ball possession; stringing of passes to lift you up your seat and clap for them was just a nightmare. How are you so sure they are better than the present U23 Team? Have you watched them play on many occasions? Remember the two legs friendlies they played in Egypt? They are not bad as you thought, and far better than the U20 Lads. Only few of the Lads are needed not all!!!

Inviting them does not give them automatic tickets. It gives the coaches of the Olympic team a pool of top quality players to select the best from.

If the Olympic team were fantastic, they would have won the Super Six tournament instead of the Flying Eagles. Also, they would not need Awo and co. to sail through the qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35am On Jun 19, 2015
Icon4s:

What if answers to those questions u raised are yes? U dnt know Siasia's team as much as he does.

How does he know they are better if he has not invited them to camp to check them. Siasia does not have a magic wand to know the best players. Remember, he selected the squad by screening invited players. All the eligible players were not at his disposal because of the Flying Eagles camp. He should give them their chances and screen them.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Inviting them does not give them an automatic ticket. It gives the coaches of the Olympic team a pool of top quality players to select the best from.

If the Olympic team were fantastic, they would have won the Super Six tournament instead of the Flying Eagles. Also, they would not need Awo and co. to sail through the qualifiers.
U23 Reserved Team played the Super Six Competition while the first Team were in Egypt; played a two-leg friendly matches and do the Country proud!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2015
adeyemi2015:

U23 Reserved Team played the Super Six Competition while the first Team were in Egypt; pled a two-leg friendly matches and do the Country proud!

He should invite them and screen the team. I can not understand how that is not right to do. Siasia can not know without trying these players. It is as simple as that.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:17am On Jun 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Awoniyi, Mohammed, three others to join U23 team next week[/size]

NATIONAL U-20 team captain, Musa Mohammed and prolific striker, Taiwo Awoniyi, are expected to lead five players expected to join the Olympic team’s camp next week in Abuja as part of Coach Samson Siasia’s bid to fortify his team ahead of the 2015 All African Games qualifying match against Congo in July.

Siasia, who disclosed this yesterday after his team’s training session in Abuja, said there was the need for him to call up some of the boys from the Flying Eagles, especially those who were with the team when they defeated Zambia 2-1 in Lusaka last April in the 2015 All Africa Games qualifier.

Top on the list is talented goal scorer, Taiwo Awniyi who scored the two goals that gave Nigeria the 2-1 win over Zamia in Lusaka, captain of the Flying Eagles, Musa Mohammed, Saviour Godwin, defender Onyinye Ndidi who plays professional football in Belgium as well as midfielder, Musa Yahaya who just joined English side, Tottenham Hotspur.

The coach is worried by the lack of potent strikers in his team, stressing that the players’ inability to convert begging chances has been the major problem facing the team’s technical crew.

The former Super Eagles’ chief coach confirmed that he has already reached out to the players, adding that he only gave them one week to rest after their return from New Zealand where they crashed out of the ongoing FIFA World Youth Championship.

He noted that having observed the poor attacking form of his strikers, the focus of his team is to do well to win the support of Nigerian fans, adding that to achieve that means that the team must begin to score goals.

“I have spoken with a couple of the U20 players. I think by tomorrow we should be able to release their names officially so that they can start training with us ahead of the Congo match. We have chosen five of them and as soon as they come back, we will start proper preparations for the match,” Siasia said.

THE GUARDIAN[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

You mean he should have invited more than five of the Flying Eagles players?

Lol I have told you guyz before expecialy Safari girl. Siasia will not call more than 5players Taiwo, Yahaya, Musa and two others. The Siasia I know is too proud to make Manu boys majority of his squard

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by groundnutoil(m): 8:57am On Jun 19, 2015
Tunisian club Esperance seals $400,000 Kingsley Sokari transfer The Enyimba midfielder, whose stock was enhanced by performances at the U20 World Cup, has been snapped up by the Tunisian giants Goal can exclusively reveal that a deal has been agreed between Enyimba and Tunisian giants Esperance for the transfer of Kingsley Sokari . The 20-year-old midfielder has been on the books of the two-time African champions for the last two seasons. Only this past month, he was a part of the Nigeria U20 national team, the Flying Eagles, at the ongoing Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand. He made three appearances for Manu Garba’s side, scoring once. Sokari has also been capped by the Super Eagles, making his debut in a friendly against Ivory Coast in January. Esperance, who already have fellow Nigeria international Emem Eduok in their ranks, have paid the sum of $400,000 for the playmaker. Personal terms have also been agreed between the player and the club, Goal’s sources have revealed. It is expected that the player will put pen to paper on a four-year deal with the Blood and Gold in the coming days, following which an official announcement will be made.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by groundnutoil(m): 8:57am On Jun 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:02am On Jun 19, 2015
samueld0:

Lol I have told you guyz before expecialy Safari girl. Siasia will not call more than 5players Taiwo, Yahaya, Musa and two others. The Siasia I know is too proud to make Manu boys majority of his squard
All I pray for is that his selection policy should not backfire. Ka cii la.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 10:54am On Jun 19, 2015
Seriously, talents abounds in this nation. Looking at d u-23 team-it gotta be a huge task for this man(siasia) n his crew to select the best in each role from this pool of gr8 players who are eligible to be part of this team. The future is bright-but we need d best at d helms of affair to succeed in our quest for glories.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 11:03am On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Siasia and Keshi should please secure Derik Osede by inviting him. It is important we secure him before Spain.
NFF go gre hear word ?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2015
Boluwatife Balogun, who s currently playing at the Barcelona youth team, and he has practically thrown himself to be caught by Nigerian Football Authority, but nothing has been done about that. Kenneth Otigba of Hereenveen in Holland, who has a Nigerian father and a Hungarian mother, also expressed desire to wear the colours of Nigeria but these players are going to be snapped up by countries who will need their services.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2015
NFF 2 dae dull

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Krasid(m): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
True.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
One thing I don't really know is whether the guy is so promising and if he is that good why is he still playing for team B of R. Madrid and not on loan in any of the other clubs like may be Granada, Espanyol, Valencial?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
What is the position of SiaOne on these players; Alex Iwobi (Arsenal), Semi Ajayi (Cardiff City)?
If I could remember very well he invited Alex Iwobi but ended up not making the list of players to play Mali due to ineligibility/FIFA Clearance issues. Any hope these guys will play against Congo?

Besides, why would a player like Ramon Azeez that looked so ordinary during his short stay with the Super Eagles be instrested in the Dream Team IV Squard/Olympics games?

Azeez Eyes U23 Eagles Call-up.

Nigerian international Ramon Azeez has expressed his desire to play for the national U-23 side, the Dream Team VI.
The Almeria midfielder made this known during an exclusive chat with Completesportsnigeria.com, during a friendly match between Fly Sports Academy and a selected Nigerian foreign-based players.
"I always want to represent my country. So if I am called upon to come and play, I will play for Nigeria at any level even at the U23 level, " he told Completesportsnigeria.com
It would be recalled that Azeez represented Nigeria at the FIFA U17 and U20 World Cup in 2009 and 2011 respectively.
Azeez who was in Nigeria squad to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, hopes to be back in the Super Eagles in the nearest future, stating further that despite being relegated he is still a player of Almeria.
"Every Nigerian player always want to play for the Super Eagles. I am still working hard to get back to the Super Eagles and I believe with time on my side, I will get there again."
"For now, I am still an Almeria player, I still have contract with the team . I don't know what will happen before the season starts, but for now, I am still an Almeria player." www.completesportsnigeria.com/azeez-eyes-u23-eagles-call-up/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

One thing I don't really know is whether the guy is so promising and if he is that good why is he still playing for team B of R. Madrid and not on loan in any of the other clubs like may be Granada, Espanyol, Valencial?

As long as he trained and played alongside the likes of Morata, Sarabja, Jese Rodriguez and Carvajal, then he is important. He grew through the ranks of the Spanish National team like Silva, Mata, Iniesta. I say we secure him by inviting him. If he turns out a flop, we lose nothing. If he turns out a Super Star, then we gain a lot.

First, we should secure him. Siasia and Keshi should invite him.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

As long as he trained and played alongside the likes of Morata, Sarabja, Jese Rodriguez and Carvajal, then he is important. He grew through the ranks of the Spanish National team like Silva, Mata, Iniesta. I say we secure him by inviting him. If he turns out a flop, we lose nothing. If he turns out a Super Star, then we gain a lot.

First, we should secure him. Siasia and Keshi should invite him.
Point noted.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
AIG07:
Seriously, talents abounds in this nation. Looking at d u-23 team-it gotta be a huge task for this man(siasia) n his crew to select the best in each role from this pool of gr8 players who are eligible to be part of this team. The future is bright-but we need d best at d helms of affair to succeed in our quest for glories.
Ten Bottles of chilled Orijin for you dude! grin grin grin
There are many talented Nigerians within the age bracket scattering around the globe! I think NFF should create a Scouting Committee; tasked with the main responsibility of digging and fishing out all the talented Nigerian Players outside the Africa Continent precisely!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I don't see Spain calling him up but we should at least give him a look.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I don't see Spain calling him up but we should at least give him a look.

That will be a risky assumption. Remember, Carvajal, Jese Rodriguez broke into the Real Madrid team because Zidane who used to coach them was Ancelotti's assistant. There is a high chance of Zidane who is currently the Real Madrid Castilla coach taking over from Benitez at Real Madrid. If it happens, Zidane can call him into Real Madrid squad and Spain can call him.

Derik grew up in Real Madrid youth system. He has been there since he was a small boy. Players like Mata, Javi Garcia grew up there and it is a World Class academy.

His footballing education is ahead of any Nigerian player I know. Then playing for the youth team of Spain makes him top quality. It will be bad if we pass this opportunity.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 20, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Derik Osede can only play for the Super eagles. FIFA rules bar him from appearing for any of the age-grade national teams.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2015
CFCfan:

Derik Osede can only play for the Super eagles. FIFA rules bar him from appearing for any of the age-grade national teams.

Thanks. So, Keshi should call him to the National team.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Awoniyi, Iheanacho & six Flying Eagles players handed U23 team call-ups

Coach Samson Siasia has invited eight members of the Flying Eagles to the Dream Team camp ahead of next month’s game against Congo

Nigeria U23 handler Samson Siasia has invited eight members from Manu Garba’s Flying Eagles to the Dream Team V1 squad ahead of July’s Africa U23 Championship.
Congo will attempt to stop the Nigerians from qualifying from the competition which serves as qualifier for the football event of the Rio 2016 Olympics.

Topping the list is Manchester City’s Kelechi Iheanacho who enjoyed a little playing time at the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Others are captain Musa Muhammed, Taiwo Awoniyi Kingsley Sokari, Saviour Godwin, Dele Alampasu, Musa Yahaya and Moses Simon.

The are expected to resume training on Monday while the foreign based players [Iheanacho, Simon, Yahaya] will report two weeks to the first leg scheduled for Abuja.

Meanwhile Siasia has dropped seven players from his team after their 3-3 draw against Wikki Tourists because they have not added value to his squad.

"I have given all these players enough time to showcase what they can bring on the table, but I am so disappointed that till this minute they still have not been able to convince me, so they have to give way for others to come and show me and my technical crew what they can offer,” Siaone said.

“I thank them for their contribution to the success of the team in the past, but we have to move on, if they show signs of improvement in their clubs they can be recalled back to the team."

The affected players are Sani Faisal, Lukmon Gilmore, Emmanuel Ammana, Tonbara Tiongoli, Freedom Omofonma, Uche Okeke and Gabriel Sunday.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/12936062?ICID=HP_HN_1

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
Since I like reading SA girls on twitter gush about how cute Naija players are compared to their fearfully-made players and sticking my tongue out at 'em like tongue, I won't mind Signor Derek joining the U23 team ASAP. Glad Taiwo my baby will be back to boss the U23 grandpas with his boys KC, Musa and Saviour. Some of those U23 Senior Citizens will need standard seat-belts for their seats on the bench grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.